Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It can be nice for fischl, I mean it's passive is useless vs stringless, but 30 crit is really nice. Even on aggravate, crit ratio still matters a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Camera event is neat as always, annoying you have to use the gadget though.

MNSNTZR posted:

i’m kind of sad that layla’s normals feel really good to use, they have a nice bounce and flow to them.
I like that she swings with a two-handed grip for all but the third normal. Makes the sword feel like it has actual mass. Shame she's not a DPS.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

beautiful animations and design work on Layla

shame I'll have to go without

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Wow Yae Miko is good. Her off-field damage is strong why has no one been singing her praises? :raise:

Nahida E
Yae Miko E
Collect loot*
*Yes Kazuha can do all this by himself. I GET IT

She compares well to Fischl. The lack of i-frames or resistance to interruption while using her skill is annoying. But I can use Yae with Zhongli, ZL's pillar blocking Fischl's oz shots gets seriously annoying. Yae Miko has shorter rotation cycles and spends more time on field each rotation so I wouldn't say she's objectively a better electro support than c6 Fischl. Yae Miko is a proper electro support (unlike Raiden who I dislike.) I think it's only fair to compare them both to Fischl as the gold-standard for an electro support battery.

Yae Miko is to Fischl what Yelan is to Xingqiu. Different but also good.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

my first time fighting scaramouche at level 90: boy is phase 1 a slog

phase 2 still owns though

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sanctum posted:

Wow Yae Miko is good. Her off-field damage is strong why has no one been singing her praises? :raise:

Nahida E
Yae Miko E
Collect loot*

She compares well to Fischl. The lack of i-frames or resistance to interruption while using her skill is annoying. But I can use Yae with Zhongli, ZL's pillar blocking Fischl's oz shots gets seriously annoying. Yae Miko has shorter rotation cycles and spends more time on field each rotation so I wouldn't say she's objectively a better electro support than c6 Fischl. Yae Miko is a proper electro support (unlike Raiden who I dislike.) I think it's only fair to compare them both to Fischl as the gold-standard for an electro support battery.

A bunch of people legally blind with no fingers and only two left thumbs dislike Yae Miko because her E skill has no i-frames. They are unable to use the free movement to be in a good position or are otherwise incapable of solving movement based challenges.

Everyone else who can actually use free movement to not be in a bad place doesn't have that issue.

How much of this is copium because they didn't pull for her in the first place or lost the 50/50 and want to feel better about being stuck with only their Fischl? We can but speculate.

I think a solidly built Yae Miko team is easy chill mode and great.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Phase 2 is hilariously easy in co-op :sax:

Oops more super-saiyan paimons.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Excelzior posted:

beautiful animations and design work on Layla

shame I'll have to go without

Yeah, this is where I'm at. I have Yae and don't really care for Childe, so this is a good time for me to save up some primo

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I threw 30 pulls in and quickly got C1 Leyla, Diluc, Heizou, and Yae so I'll call that all super lucky.
Leyla seems like she'd be really good in a freeze team. That's good, I didn't have a cryo character i was really set on for freeze

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I did end up really liking using onfield Miko's dashes to reposition. It'd be nice if they had i-frames, yes, but I'm so used to having to do jump dodges with Klee and Yanfei that Miko feels like a ninja in comparison lol

Favorite team right now: Quickbloom with onfield Miko and Nahida/Kokomi. The fourth can be anyone that doesn't mess with the reactions; right now I'm using Layla for friendship reasons and it works pretty well. Overall it's somewhat weaker than the Nahida/Raiden/Xingqiu core, but in return you get a real healer in the main 3 so can use your flex slot for something else.

But I gotta say, playing these kinds of flexible onfielders has really solidified my distaste for characters that demand uninterrupted field time. Especially burst transformation dps that you have to battery, bleh. Being able to switch at any time to refresh skills or use stuff like Beidou counter makes the game feel much better!

My number 1 pull priority is now someone who can stand in for Nahida. I get the feeling the most likely replacement will be on the Raiden team, since all you need is any sort of dendro catalyst. A real healer would be nice, too. Baizhu? :pray:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Baizhu wont be coming for a while though...Alhaitham should be pretty soon for another Dendro, but I don't expect his kit to be healer/support

e: and he's Sword so scrap that if you want to Prototype Amber it up

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm hoping Kaveh with his dendro greatsword (I think? rumors, long way off) will be a good applicator but we'll see.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Nyaawn posted:

(I think Fischl is my MVP and has been used by far the most of any of my characters)

Yep, Fischl is gonna Fischl

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
5 star fischl would be basically the same except a longer E duration than the cooldown and a burst that was nothing but pure damage with zero utility. Maybe a weapon change but not strictly necessary.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
hey ive got a surprise for u: check the current wish banner

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Maybe if she could turn into a fox made of pure electricity and also still somehow get hit while running around like that, sure.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

5-Star Fischl and Keqing are both in Honkai Impact for some reason.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 20, 2022

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Personally I'm waiting for a bixie mythical beast themed 5 star hydro(?) xianling.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

5-Star Fisch and Keqing are both in Honkai Impact for some reason.

Fischl is just an A rank in honkai actually (the highest rarity is S). She's even farmable for free. It's just that A ranks in honkai are fancier and more complicated than 5-stars in genshin.
Keqing isn't in it anymore, she only existed as a temporary not-fully-fleshed-out minigame character for the collab event.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Yae finally came home, but now I have to finally fight the vishap boss and gently caress this fight suuuuucks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DancingShade posted:

A bunch of people legally blind with no fingers and only two left thumbs dislike Yae Miko because her E skill has no i-frames. They are unable to use the free movement to be in a good position or are otherwise incapable of solving movement based challenges.

Everyone else who can actually use free movement to not be in a bad place doesn't have that issue.

How much of this is copium because they didn't pull for her in the first place or lost the 50/50 and want to feel better about being stuck with only their Fischl? We can but speculate.

i mean theres definitely some jank with her e where you look like you dodge something but still get hit

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I still like Yae's skill better than fischl's where she just stay in one place while summoning.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

DancingShade posted:

i don’t like yae because casting all of her turrets and normals feels clunky as gently caress, and i appreciate animation speed/flow more than anything.

that’s why cyno hasn’t left my main team since i got him

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Fischl is just an A rank in honkai actually (the highest rarity is S). She's even farmable for free. It's just that A ranks in honkai are fancier and more complicated than 5-stars in genshin.
Keqing isn't in it anymore, she only existed as a temporary not-fully-fleshed-out minigame character for the collab event.

At least Dendro finally made Keqing a real 5*, she deserved it too.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I still like Yae's skill better than fischl's where she just stay in one place while summoning.
Such impertinence! The power the Prinzessin der Verurteilung wields is enough to move all of Teyvat! Alas, without an external frame of reference, lesser minds may perceive this to be much the same as standing still.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Honkai fischl is reality as fischl experiences it. That's why she hops around while shooting — as far as she's concerned, she's basically always in bullet-time, so she's got plenty of time to strike a cool pose.

This is also how oz teleports.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I thought it was weird that in one of the Traveller's conversations with Paimon ("About Teyvat") they mention that Teyvat's days are shorter than on their homeworld. Surely that doesn't mean it's canon that they're only 24 minutes long...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Eimi posted:

At least Dendro finally made Keqing a real 5*, she deserved it too.

Does she want to Aggravate more, or Hyperbloom?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If the Fischl and Keqing in Genshin played like they did in Honkai Impact (Aside from feeling more like they should be weekly bosses) they'd both feel like great 5* characters.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

AweStriker posted:

Does she want to Aggravate more, or Hyperbloom?

Both.

But real answer, I've run her more with an attack/electro/crit build in pure aggravate and quickbloom.

Apparently she's also decent as an onfield full EM hyperbloom trigger/Fischl driver but I never tried it myself. And it feels like Shinobu might be a more practical choice for that role tbh

Kale
May 14, 2010

Sanctum posted:

Nahida E
Yae Miko E
Collect loot*

Dendro has kind of improved her stock significantly, but I think Yae Miko also came out around the peak of a lot of social media drama and overanalyzing/panicking about character kits and various plans for the game that were going on over the spring and summer and she got kind of a bum evaluation anyway because of it. That seems to have stopped happening since around the time the Chasm came out and a couple of particularly annoying content creators with frankly really dumb positions and evaluations of the game, characters, mechanics etc. have become a LOT less prolific in recent months. Plus when Yae first released a lot of people bought into a bunch of lies and fake leaks about what her kit was supposed to be and she was an extremely popular anticipated character as well that had been held back till late in the Inazuma 2.X arc of the game kind of like how Dehya/Al-Haitham appear to be with Sumeru. This again seemed to cause a lot of consternation and bum evaluations of Yae. Them making some bad tweaks they had to revoke for her very quickly (again around a time when content creator drama for the game was at it's pick and a couple of channels in particular looking for anything to hammer the game on) didn't help her evaluation much either.

Compared to when she first released people are kind of singing her praises now. It seems easier for characters to get proper evaluations overall in the Sumeru arc compared to the Inazuma one.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

The funny thing is that a lot of people were screeching about how Miko was supposed to be the "dps ceiling for electro" (whatever that's supposed to mean lmao) and got real salty when it didn't happen.

But!

I'm pretty sure the current highest electro damage-based sim in the database IS a Miko team. Except, the highest electro dps in that team actually comes from Fischl :mrgw:

Edit: speaking of gcsim, I was gonna try submitting some Miko sims to beef up her quickbloom team selection. Got up to 52k with Miko/Fischl/Nahida/Kokomi before I dropped the whole thing. The program is so annoying to use lol

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 20, 2022

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Yeah, Yae is super good with Nahida and Fishl. I don't really consider her to be similar to Fishl because she doesn't function in basically any team that would use Fishl previously, rather they have pretty much always been paired up like Bennett/Xiangling for me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the genshin leaks subreddit is basically always in meltdown mode about how bad every character is going to be. before her kit was revealed and when we were just in 3.0, some leaker said 'nahida is going to be a character you want to pull for her personality and story, they did a lot to make people like her' and people somehow took this to mean 'she will be terrible gameplay-wise'

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I'm mostly surprised by how good Yae Miko's off-field damage is. I knew her burst was a big nuke but that was all I was expecting. I never noticed she gains an elemental skill damage bonus from EM which makes Yae Miko a perfect candidate for all manner of dendro teams. With Nahida's burst 250 EM bonus Yae's damage is wild.

The dodging thing is because normally I won't dodge anything. I need to get it through my head that while performing this particular animation I remain able to dodge and still need to. Most of the time I'll be in burst i-frames or otherwise invincible so when some treasure hoarder with a shovel takes off half Yae's health by stunlocking her it's a bit jarring. I can dodge fine when I'm doing co-op boss rush or some other challenge, but that's because I know that now I must dodge these attacks.

x1o posted:

Yae finally came home, but now I have to finally fight the vishap boss and gently caress this fight suuuuucks.
Make sure to jump down with Zhongli or a claymore user and plunge next to one of the pillars right away instead of fighting them directly. The achievement for killing them without either one going in water was the hardest.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I like the idea a poster in this thread had about adding a hold e that makes miko drop a less powerful megaturret so I don't have to care about it

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

If the Fischl and Keqing in Genshin played like they did in Honkai Impact (Aside from feeling more like they should be weekly bosses) they'd both feel like great 5* characters.

I'd settle for just giving archers Fischl's railgun-like unaimed charge attack from Honkai, honestly. Does anyone ever go into aim mode by holding attack on purpose? Whenever I do it it's because Fischl somehow wound up the best way to fill rotation time (usually because slimes) and I'm in the habit of ending her autocombo with a charge attack from Honkai.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
yae was a huge disappointment on release. Her kit had no synergy with anything and her burst is absurdly expensive. She has huge downsides in terms of field time and even in those comps where her downsides are mitigated she's worse than Fischl in almost all of them. Her design just isn't good you do a bunch of chores for no payoff.

Dendro at least makes her burst feel like it was designed by a human and not chosen totally randomly and Tighnari gives her a comp where her mechanics don't feel like a drag. Granted the gap between Yae and Fischl has only gotten wider but dendro fischl is clearly uniquely busted in a way that would be irresponsible to repeat.

She could never be the worst character because she places a turret that does reasonable off-field field damage, but it is just strange how bad she feels when Albedo and Fischl feel very good. They could have given damage on turret placement to make the skill feel good to use, just seeing a small number pop up on placement makes a big difference for how Albedo plays. Was just a lame sloppy superfluous kit for a character they gave a ton of narrative space to (until Tighnari and Dendro made Fischl+Yae comps a real thing).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 21, 2022

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Captain France posted:

Does anyone ever go into aim mode by holding attack on purpose?

i do, but then again i'm a pc-only tighnari main

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Endorph posted:

the genshin leaks subreddit is basically always in meltdown mode about how bad every character is going to be. before her kit was revealed and when we were just in 3.0, some leaker said 'nahida is going to be a character you want to pull for her personality and story, they did a lot to make people like her' and people somehow took this to mean 'she will be terrible gameplay-wise'

They're right. Every character in this game, sucks rear end, and none of them are worth pulling for. They all have negative return on investment.