Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Edwards clutched it out on that defensive stop. Good effort from Philly though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

down three starters in a segbaba

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

I think McDaniels has a really low plus minus because he turns the ball over a lot for having such a low usage rate

Yeah, he's young and he's not ever gonna be like Durant or anything, but he's making a nice step forward. He is the Wolves best on ball defender he just does stupid stuff too much on offense.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Also goddamn way to give me high blood pressure Wolves

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1594146915402518528

:eyepop:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Every time i see a Perez tweet I wonder why the biggest highlight-posting dude on twitter is still hold up his phone to record another screen instead of having a screen record software running.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
blazers have completely forgotten how to shoot and it is imo not ideal

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

kingcobweb posted:

Every time i see a Perez tweet I wonder why the biggest highlight-posting dude on twitter is still hold up his phone to record another screen instead of having a screen record software running.

i'm excited for all those guys to be out of a job when twitter shuts down

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euphronius posted:

he’s not a individual fantasy stat guy

lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

To PJ's credit, he has a tremendous true shooting percentage this year... on 3 FGAs per game

He's also something of a Zelig type journeyman who plays defense but for contending or outright championship teams like Jae Crowder, but is well past his prime. He has that dog in him. Crowder is much better though

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

indigi posted:

he's not an anything guy

PJ Tucker has never been great and never been bad. All playoff teams need like four off-ball forwards to plug in more than twenty and less than thirty minutes of quality defense. Not getting completely exposed by modern offenses and not getting repeatedly selected in the isolation is a skill.

Of course Jae Crowder is a little better, he's a little bigger and he can a get a little more offense on drawing maybe one more foul shot a game. Neither of them give up bad fouls and neither of them cost their team the game. You'll need them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TDepressionEarl posted:

PJ Tucker has never been great and never been bad. All playoff teams need like four off-ball forwards to plug in more than twenty and less than thirty minutes of quality defense. Not getting completely exposed by modern offenses and not getting repeatedly selected in the isolation is a skill.

Of course Jae Crowder is a little better, he's a little bigger and he can a get a little more offense on drawing maybe one more foul shot a game. Neither of them give up bad fouls and neither of them cost their team the game. You'll need them.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

You put PJ Tucker in a list of guys better than Jokic

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yes and ?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salvor_Hardin posted:

You put PJ Tucker in a list of guys better than Jokic

your taking him out of context. he said that before today

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There are no contradictions

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Warriors 40pt 1st quarter over Houston off 20 by Captain Klay (6/7fg, 4/5thr)

playing with pace. rockets have pretty good shooting as well but the kids can't keep up while the dub defense congealed for an initial 11-0 run.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

green and curry and klay are sitting to start the second: warriors haven't scored 2min in the 2nd quarter

1 point game

did i jinx it :ohno:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

TDepressionEarl posted:

green and curry and klay are sitting to start the second: warriors haven't scored 2min in the 2nd quarter

1 point game

did i jinx it :ohno:

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/FCHWPO/status/1594458907883233280

Lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jaylen shut the gently caress up

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lol

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

return of the splash brothers but they need to get third splash brother j.poole into the rhythm to have a hope of dispatching even the most under construction teams these days

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just read the whole Wikipedia page on Black Hebrew Israelites

I did not know much about that topic

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TDepressionEarl posted:

I'm tired of pretending Crowder has ever been anything other than a mediocre role player. he has benefited hugely in terms of advanced stats and at-a-glance appearance by playing next to Booker, CP3, Bridges, and Ayton on the Suns.

perennially overrated showboat guy, soft defender & fake sharpshooter

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
the hypothetical Jaylen for KD trades this summer could have led to fireworks.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

I just read the whole Wikipedia page on Black Hebrew Israelites

read this page instead: https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/radical-hebrew-israelites

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah the wiki article indicated SPLC were not fans

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm tired of pretending Crowder has ever been anything other than a mediocre role player. he has benefited hugely in terms of advanced stats and at-a-glance appearance by playing next to Booker, CP3, Bridges, and Ayton on the Suns.

Ok but crowder is definitely a valuable mediocre role player. It feels like 80% of the league doesn't have a playable corner 3 and d player.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

the hypothetical Jaylen for KD trades this summer could have led to fireworks.

Retroactively supporting this trade, go back in time and let's do it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

hifi posted:

Ok but crowder is definitely a valuable mediocre role player. It feels like 80% of the league doesn't have a playable corner 3 and d player.

if hes your 5th or 6th guy filling out a lineup that's totally fine, yeah. good teams can always use a plug-and-play high minutes, low volume vet with length

he definitely doesn't view himself through that lens of course

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

if hes your 5th or 6th guy filling out a lineup that's totally fine, yeah. good teams can always use a plug-and-play high minutes, low volume vet with length

he definitely doesn't view himself through that lens of course

His advanced stats aren't really very good, basically what you'd expect from a guy who has started about half the games he has played.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

He was genuinely the second best player on the Celtics when Isaiah Thomas was their king. He's a perfect 3 and D role player, the kind of guy who can guarantee a win when he breaks out and scores over 20

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Anyway the Mavs need to fire Kidd right away. The Mavs lost to a Nuggets team without Murray or Jokic. Christian Wood played 17 minutes

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

He was genuinely the second best player on the Celtics when Isaiah Thomas was their king. He's a perfect 3 and D role player, the kind of guy who can guarantee a win when he breaks out and scores over 20

you mean the era when walter mccarty was a coach?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

Retroactively supporting this trade, go back in time and let's do it

He hosed up but it looks like an honest mistake

https://twitter.com/FCHWPO/status/1594514788599881728

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Happy to see Ben Simmons and AD currently on comeback tours. Lakers should bench Lebron when he comes back

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

He was genuinely the second best player on the Celtics when Isaiah Thomas was their king.

Huge indictment of the IT Celtics if true

Yossarian-22 posted:

He's a perfect 3 and D role player, the kind of guy who can guarantee a win when he breaks out and scores over 20

Yeah you'll generally win if your 4th or 5th best player scores 25. He doesn't attack the rim and he's a career 34.5% guy from three. You play him for the defensive length at the perimeter. If he's your 2nd option on offense you are hosed.

Vox Nihili fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Anyway the Mavs need to fire Kidd right away. The Mavs lost to a Nuggets team without Murray or Jokic. Christian Wood played 17 minutes

The Mavs just aren't very good this year, IMO. Their record right now is probably better than it will be at the end of the season. Luka has played some bonkers games but when he's not firing on all cylinders their poor roster construction and lack of non-Luka creation is incredibly evident.