Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

whypick1 posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna51410

Even "better", doctors informed her she was pregnant and in order to un-gently caress her spine she had to get an abortion.

:stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk:

whypick1 posted:

The Dashcon ball pit never actively hurt anyone, so the Twitchcon foam pit seems more on brand for Qatar.
Yeah the Dashcon pit was just loving hilarious and immediately became legendary. Actually that could be said of the entirety of Dashcon itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i dont know where else to post this but given we're six hours away from The Greatest World Cup, 6,500 Skulls and Counting, how are we doing MDTs/general discussion thread? Are we just doing one mega one?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i dont know where else to post this but given we're six hours away from The Greatest World Cup, 6,500 Skulls and Counting, how are we doing MDTs/general discussion thread? Are we just doing one mega one?

One thread for all matches per day would probably make the most sense

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Eau de MacGowan posted:

it should be a qatari world cup mdt: looks excellent, lots of custom images in the op, unique for each match, but 10 minutes before the start it's locked and no one can post in it ever. after the match the op is permabanned and their family is denied a ban benefit.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

whypick1 posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna51410

Even "better", doctors informed her she was pregnant and in order to un-gently caress her spine she had to get an abortion.

The Dashcon ball pit never actively hurt anyone, so the Twitchcon foam pit seems more on brand for Qatar.

holy poo poo :smith:

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
drat I hope Qatar wins today at the cost of the entire stadium dying of heat stroke.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
loving hell, i knew about the backbreaking but i didn't know she was pregnant. christ

anyway here's a thread with some more pics and videos

https://twitter.com/FelipeCar/status/1594089863833436160?t=lEQhQc9KDfqlkEChroBjMQ&s=19

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I wonder what percentage of the fans in the stadium will be actual fans and not seat fillers... Basically Im wondering how likely it is all the official delegate people get booed and jeered at during the opening match / final

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Love to sit on one of those beanbags after they've been out in the sun and my skin just instantly fuses to it like a cheese toastie

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Group stage match tickets supposedly still available for like 50-70 pounds which isn't a great sign for attendance

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Love to sit on one of those beanbags after they've been out in the sun and my skin just instantly fuses to it like a cheese toastie
They're probably made of vinyl too.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Are we going to have match day threads?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/Budweiser/status/1593893410062143488

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Jippa posted:

Are we going to have match day threads?

we are now

Also last chance to submit your entry for the super sweepstake if you haven't already. will be closing it about 12ish or whenever I get done vacuuming my stair carpet

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/FelipeCar/status/1594090198803038209

Incredible. that gym is everything I dreamed they would do

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
We're fat!
We're Queer!
We cannot have a beer!
Qatariiii, Qatariii!

We're brown!
We're gay!
We do not have a say!
Qatariiii, Qatariii!

We're broke!
We're wives!
We're not allowed to drive!
Qatariiii, Qatariii!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Still time to finish the fan village they've had 12 years and 200 billion dollars to build. It's fine. It's fine everyone

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

ilmucche posted:

Group stage match tickets supposedly still available for like 50-70 pounds which isn't a great sign for attendance

I've got a friend who's going (he's Canadian, been waiting to see them in a WC his whole life, etc, etc) and he says it was easy to get tickets for every day he's there, sometimes more than one match per day. No idea how he's going to get between the venues or what his wife and baby think of the whole thing.

I was glad to hear he rented an apartment and isn't staying in a fan village.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63691286

The water, and the tents are plastic :stare:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
just lol at how obviously unfinished basically all of it is after 12 years

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Qatar treating projects like they're first year college A-Level assignments and leaving a two month piece of coursework until the night before only it's the biggest sporting tournament in the world

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol at letting this country host anything

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
holy poo poo lol people gonna suffocate in those plastic loving tents

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I knew that the world cup in Qatar was a bad idea for all manner of reasons, corruption, human rights abuses, climate, timing etc. But I had assumed as someone who didn't pay huge amounts of attention to the prep that they'd throw enough money that the actual event would go very smoothly and end up a big propaganda coup for them.

The fact that they've managed to fyre festival it while spending 200bn is incredible

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/danielstorey85/status/1594304034353152003

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

holy poo poo, that is grim (and hilarious)

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin

Nowher posted:

holy poo poo, that is grim (and hilarious)

oh god. the Qatar World Cup infrastructure was designed by Albert Speer.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Richard Keys has worked for Qatar's BeIN Sports for the last 9 years.

Just horrifying. Watching those two Mexican fans talking about how poo poo their experience has been made me legitimately sad.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

vyelkin posted:

Richard Keys has worked for Qatar's BeIN Sports for the last 9 years.

https://twitter.com/yokoono/status/831573723891249152

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

PER NIGHT for the unforgettable experience of waking up in a furnace and group showers in brown water

sad question
May 30, 2020

Narcissus1916 posted:

https://twitter.com/FelipeCar/status/1594090198803038209

Incredible. that gym is everything I dreamed they would do

Why do they keep putting poo poo out in the sun

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

sad question posted:

Can't complain about the amenities when you're unconscious from heatstroke

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sad question posted:

you don't need a roof, it's the winter

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Backdoor Delivery posted:

I just find it hard to believe Infantino ever had red hair, or any hair at all

silly Infantino, just because you have a red head doesn't make you a redhead

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

greazeball posted:

I've got a friend who's going (he's Canadian, been waiting to see them in a WC his whole life, etc, etc) and he says it was easy to get tickets for every day he's there, sometimes more than one match per day. No idea how he's going to get between the venues or what his wife and baby think of the whole thing.

I was glad to hear he rented an apartment and isn't staying in a fan village.

I remember that back when they were trying to sell us this whole debacle, one of the selling points was that the whole country is the size of a single metropolitan area so all the stadiums would be within easy travel of one another and fans could attend multiple matches on the same day if they wanted to. I assume that, like everything else in the Qatari bid, this promise was founded on them inventing artificial clouds that would fly the fans across Doha gridlock from stadium to stadium, and once they won the bid they just forgot about it instead.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

the sex ghost posted:

then you show up on footy scran twitter for £20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

vyelkin posted:

I remember that back when they were trying to sell us this whole debacle, one of the selling points was that the whole country is the size of a single metropolitan area so all the stadiums would be within easy travel of one another and fans could attend multiple matches on the same day if they wanted to. I assume that, like everything else in the Qatari bid, this promise was founded on them inventing artificial clouds that would fly the fans across Doha gridlock from stadium to stadium, and once they won the bid they just forgot about it instead.

https://twitter.com/Thogden/status/1592964846529949696?s=20&t=YOp2DxunKl-wlQ0hauvrrQ

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Would anyone actually care if Qatar openly bribed to win the opening match? Who cares? Whatever dude this whole thing is run by the biggest crooks on earth.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Would anyone actually care if Qatar openly bribed to win the opening match? Who cares? Whatever dude this whole thing is run by the biggest crooks on earth.
lots of people would care. no-one who matters would, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gary neville highlighting the important stuff

https://twitter.com/beINSPORTS_EN/status/1594326036614889477?s=20&t=YOp2DxunKl-wlQ0hauvrrQ