Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I love how Dr Girlfriends defense of the Monarch when hes on trial with the guild is no way in hell Phantom Limb is that crazy/stupid to not make the connection with Monarch is not Manotaur.

Then turns out nope he’s that crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Shindragon posted:

I love how Dr Girlfriends defense of the Monarch when hes on trial with the guild is no way in hell Phantom Limb is that crazy/stupid to not make the connection with Monarch is not Manotaur.

Then turns out nope he’s that crazy.

Hadn't thought of it as foreshadowing the crazy during his turn as REVENGE!!! but now that you mention it.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
BILLY (from inside the bag): Why can't I hear them?
RED MANTLE: Because you are SANE!

One of the funnest lines in the show's run.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Ironslave posted:

Made even better when you suddenly remember the bit when he and Sheila were broken up where he painted a minotaur on his back and set up a malevolent murder maze.

It’s a riff off Red Dragon iirc. Best part of that whole thing was jackson’s reading of ‘the polar bear from Lost’ because it’s the only line I can say with a respectable imitation

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

tarlibone posted:

BILLY (from inside the bag): Why can't I hear them?
RED MANTLE: Because you are SANE!

One of the funnest lines in the show's run.

I just love they had an important character spend the entire episode in a bag.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

booted up xcom 2 again and one of my soldiers is randomly named Manolo and every time I select him I say "so wise, Manolo" in a vaguely monarch-y voice

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Pope Guilty posted:

Hadn't thought of it as foreshadowing the crazy during his turn as REVENGE!!! but now that you mention it.

That episode also has one of my favourite deep-cut gags which is a brief shot of Phantom Limb driving a Honda Accord with a ghost painted on the hood after previously chiding Dr Girlfriend about being forced to drive one two seasons prior.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

World War Mammories posted:

booted up xcom 2 again and one of my soldiers is randomly named Manolo and every time I select him I say "so wise, Manolo" in a vaguely monarch-y voice

You better not get Manolo killed he does good work!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

pablo gbscobar posted:

That episode also has one of my favourite deep-cut gags which is a brief shot of Phantom Limb driving a Honda Accord with a ghost painted on the hood after previously chiding Dr Girlfriend about being forced to drive one two seasons prior.

The way they described how they make their world and plots so congruous by rewatching the seekers before they write the new season really makes me think that most writers don't do that at all.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

pixaal posted:

You better not get Manolo killed he does good work!

You're paying for the quality!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
anyone else still wearing the gargantua 2 sweatshirt?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I would if I had one :catstare:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Cloks posted:

I would throw so many bricks for one of these.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Cloks posted:

Less than I used to because I'm trying to make it last, but yeah, it's in the rotation. It's so fuckin comfy

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm still sad I never got my Venture Brothers beach towel because I didn't realize you were supposed to redeem your Hank Bucks.

At least I think it was a towel, it might have been something else.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Don't be sad, I am pretty sure Hank Bucks never went anywhere too.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

limp_cheese posted:

I'm still sad I never got my Venture Brothers beach towel because I didn't realize you were supposed to redeem your Hank Bucks.

At least I think it was a towel, it might have been something else.

same. i found out long after and used them as bookmarks

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I am finding out about this now.
I got one pinned to my cork board.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

If I remember right the towel was just a massive Hank Buck. Places will probably print something out if you scan your Hank Bux and make a vector image of the design.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I still have all my hank bux somewhere. I keep secretly hoping they'll do another thing you could cash them in for, but I highly doubt it

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I still wear my Guild shirt, but am still gutted I never got a Camp Rusty shirt

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I don't think there are any ethical issues with purchasing a copy off of Redbubble or whatever. The quality won't be as good, though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's not the same

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
The Venture Brothers: Ethically Sourced T-Shirts

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Their shirt of the week club for the new Beavis and Butthead season has been pretty good too.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Just finished S3. The Alchemist may be the funniest secondary character, Dana Snyder was blessed with a voice of gold. Dean still >>> Hank.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Still cracks me up remembering "I'm not trying to play World of Warcraft, get me a regular dictionary"

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Alchemist is great, some fantastic moments all around. Just going on with Hank's PI delusions until they went off the rails because he was bored.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Alchemist is great, some fantastic moments all around. Just going on with Hank's PI delusions until they went off the rails because he was bored.

And stumbling on a genuine mystery in the process.

Funny thing is that it seems so naturally to the characters because it basically IS. No wonder Hank has such a poor grasp on reality given he's been raised fully immersed in a world that's basically constant LARPing with real guns.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I'm a big fan of the show's tendency to smash cut to credits immediately after something insane happens, that finale was brutal

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

mutantIke posted:

I'm a big fan of the show's tendency to smash cut to credits immediately after something insane happens, that finale was brutal

You watch the credits right? There's a stinger, don't miss the stingers.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I would never miss out on a stinger

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I get so mad at Dean during Dr Quymn Medicine Woman

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah he's abusing that poor orangutan.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Beerdeer posted:

I get so mad at Dean during Dr Quymn Medicine Woman

He’s just trying to solve a cool mystery and everyone else is all “go team boobies!”

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

pixaal posted:

You watch the credits right? There's a stinger, don't miss the stingers.

I rewatched some episodes on Hulu and they are really bad about skipping the stinger scenes

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

I rewatched some episodes on Hulu and they are really bad about skipping the stinger scenes

HBO is good about it. Watching What Color is Your Cleansuit rn as it happens.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Doc rolling off the Jeep in Medicine Woman is one of the funniest visual gags in the series

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

It's my detective's whip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Just finished S4E1. Confusing as hell with all the timeline poo poo (coming from someone who read Homestuck when they were 10) but the comic appraisal gag made me laugh out loud. Awkward considering I watched it on a plane. Hank now >>> Dean.