Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Lol that's what it is. It only shows what stats a given loadout would give you if you equipped it. So you have to save something to a loadout to see what it does. How odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
clicking Current Team should show what bonuses you're running

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

All you people worrying about team bonuses and here I am waiting for a second pet to drop.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I have gotten exactly one pet drop, from hitting the pity threshold in 3-2, which took me about a full day of farming there. I'm only a couple days into A2, so I'm guessing people who have multiple are benefitting from the increased drop chance at higher ascension levels.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Pets and team bonuses are being tracked in a Google Doc here

Since Residue seems like the biggest deal I feel like going for 3-3 + 3-5 for the team base Residue bonus alongside 3-9 for the % Residue is best? idk, there's people with a better grasp of the game who can probably say if there's better progression load-outs. All these pets are in Zone 3 so it's probably not that bad to target them down?

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

ErIog posted:

IAnd before anyone dings me, no, it's not a real milk respec if your character isn't the one character that gets a lot more milk, same with worms, same with every other system. There is a specific character to interact with each system, and every time you don't do that, you are restricting your progress.

There are a lot of things to criticize the game about but this is... exactly the opposite of how the game works. The class system specific bonuses like milk and worms are intentionally minor to avoid this, to that point that they are all worse than just getting your equipment drop rate cap increased on freeloader.

KazigluBey posted:

Since Residue seems like the biggest deal I feel like going for 3-3 + 3-5 for the team base Residue bonus alongside 3-9 for the % Residue is best? idk, there's people with a better grasp of the game who can probably say if there's better progression load-outs. All these pets are in Zone 3 so it's probably not that bad to target them down?

The pet system actually has added far more interesting decisions into the game than I expected. There's a nice mixture of snapshot pets you don't need to equip all the time, but do need to equip to level (reinc %, item rating, whack) and stuff that accumulates over time (class xp, residue) along with the combos. I expected it to be 'farm 4 pets and ignore the rest' but was pleasantly surprised. I don't think there's going to be a simple best strategy but 3-2 class xp and 3-6 reinc xp are a good first two to farm.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I've had Idlemancery running for a bit and just checking once a day and I went and did my first Banner/rebirth after doing buildings. I was very disappointed to see that the buildings disappear on reset. I don't know if there's a research stuck under something, but it's frustrating because of how slow territory and buildings function in the first place. Makes me feel like there's no point in doing anything except building Banner tiers for big numbers before even looking at doing anything else in the game.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I started FAPI based on people posting about it ITT. What are the first couple major "walls" where I might be stuck until I look up a guide? This is the first clicker where I'm trying to stay relatively blind but it's hard for me to gauge when my progress is gonna reeeeeally slow down.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

big cummers ONLY posted:

I started FAPI based on people posting about it ITT. What are the first couple major "walls" where I might be stuck until I look up a guide? This is the first clicker where I'm trying to stay relatively blind but it's hard for me to gauge when my progress is gonna reeeeeally slow down.

I’m pushing into A3 and I haven’t needed anything yet. Do I make perfect ideal decisions, nope. But the game plays just fine without needing to rely on other people figuring out builds for you.

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

big cummers ONLY posted:

There aren't really any walls in the game and you can kind of do whatever before Ascension 4, at that point if you haven't figured out some of the more obtuse game mechanics it's going to be slow going.

This game is the opposite of something like a mario game that teaches you what to do, it will actively mislead you at every turn.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Jhet posted:

I've had Idlemancery running for a bit and just checking once a day and I went and did my first Banner/rebirth after doing buildings. I was very disappointed to see that the buildings disappear on reset. I don't know if there's a research stuck under something, but it's frustrating because of how slow territory and buildings function in the first place. Makes me feel like there's no point in doing anything except building Banner tiers for big numbers before even looking at doing anything else in the game.

Yeah, too much is predicated on building up Banners and to a lesser extent Research at the moment, though Buildings are the end of the current content window judging by how the story just stops dead there. There is a building that will boost the amount of prestige gain that might be worth pursuing (after getting Palace to level 4) but I suspect short, active runs win out in the end in terms of progression. I stopped playing after that.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Sage Grimm posted:

Yeah, too much is predicated on building up Banners and to a lesser extent Research at the moment, though Buildings are the end of the current content window judging by how the story just stops dead there. There is a building that will boost the amount of prestige gain that might be worth pursuing (after getting Palace to level 4) but I suspect short, active runs win out in the end in terms of progression. I stopped playing after that.

Yeah, I'd gotten it, but it takes much too long to build it compared to running active Banner runs. I can do 150 creatures in 15 minutes, compared to the 300-400 on a long building run. I can see the point of doing a longer run to build up research, but even there you run into sharp diminishing returns quickly. I've unlocked researches until Looting, but Banking is pointless if you don't get to keep any built banks, and having to redo all the battle/terrain means you're sitting and waiting a while before even building things.

E: I guess there are some "mega structures" adding in v0.1.2 that persist through resets, but I'm not sure they're going to be worth it unless I can set it up to run okay overnight.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 7, 2022

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Mega Structures thus far look like one that decreases souls per creature purchase by 50% per building, and one that increases research by 25% per building. They're not shockingly expensive but definitely would take time/effort to get to. I'm thinking of research/buildings as like, alternate progression for long runs and boosting up banners by 150-200 creatures at a time in like 2-minute runs when I have a moment to be active. It's an okay diversion but I'm definitely stalling while waiting for the next interesting thing to pop up.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Man, FE000000 just doesn't stop does it? Sure is scratching that AM itch though. I'm just now closing in on finishing my second complexity and it's layers and layers and layers of stuff.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
You're close to reaching the point as well where you don't need to constantly respec your studies for eternity challenges, which feels amazing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
The "rebirth" mechanic in Sandcastle Builder is as weird as everything else in that game. I've been playing for like 3 months now and finally got to the point where I can reset (well, you can reset at any time, but there are very few benefits to do so until you get a Bag of Holding that lets you carry a bunch of your poo poo back with you) and I managed to catch back up to where I was in 2 days.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
I just beat Ngu Idle. Only took me 749 days, 18 hours.

Considering whether to keep going until I cap all the NGUs and top the ITOPOD.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I’m nearing Sadistic myself; I’m hoping for an update that finishes the bestiary and gives me some way to get the seasonal portraits I missed. I know I’m going to max absolutely everything.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Ham Equity posted:

I just beat Ngu Idle. Only took me 749 days, 18 hours.

Considering whether to keep going until I cap all the NGUs and top the ITOPOD.

How does one beat NGU but not cap NGUS and top ITOPOD first ? Geez was I that inefficient?

I had to come back a month after my beat date because I never got the final Ressource 3 cap cheevo.

GWD
Jul 11, 2022
I made a project.log post about the Idle / Incremental game I'm working on. Check it out or not over at https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4017479

As I post more would love feedback

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Xtanstic posted:

How does one beat NGU but not cap NGUS and top ITOPOD first ? Geez was I that inefficient?

I had to come back a month after my beat date because I never got the final Ressource 3 cap cheevo.

I beat it last year at some point and my NGUs are still not at hard cap. I opened to check and my last two are at 727m and 681m. I'd expect that it's going to take another few months because it just takes time to finish to hard cap because you can only get the levels per second cap. It looks like the only other thing not at hard cap is R3 stuff, but I don't seen any reason to care about it at all.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Oh HARD caps. Ok yeah I understand now. I didn't hardcap, but effectively maxed them.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

I’m nearing Sadistic myself; I’m hoping for an update that finishes the bestiary and gives me some way to get the seasonal portraits I missed. I know I’m going to max absolutely everything.

There are no more planned updates for NGU Idle afaik. I don't believe those are things that are ever going to exist or exist again after a year and half since THE END.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

goferchan posted:

The "rebirth" mechanic in Sandcastle Builder is as weird as everything else in that game. I've been playing for like 3 months now and finally got to the point where I can reset (well, you can reset at any time, but there are very few benefits to do so until you get a Bag of Holding that lets you carry a bunch of your poo poo back with you) and I managed to catch back up to where I was in 2 days.

so backstory: about halfway through development the primary dev slightly vanished and his Active Play Helper Guy took over and did a lot of the mid-late game. it's where I always bounce off.

he didn't like the reset mechanic so all the rewards from it are essentially duplicated slightly later. if you don't mind doing it the boosts are definitely good for when you get them, but it's not mandatory in any way.

personally, as a completionist, I get them. you are about to hit a very annoying part of the game if you're not real big on babysitting it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Feline Mind Meld posted:

personally, as a completionist, I get them. you are about to hit a very annoying part of the game if you're not real big on babysitting it.

I have completely given into the tedium at this point, I'm full-on stockholm syndrome now. Honestly it seems like I could make my next MD super fast if I just hoard more flux crystals to upgrade Time Lord next time; I didn't realize what a bottleneck the factory automation runs would be even with all my resources. I will probably collect all the prizes for the same reason as you.

edit: also I feel like I'm in a weird no-man's-lane because there were some very recent updates after a long gap and I have several items that aren't on the wiki or anything, it's exciting.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
back when I was playing I regularly perused the GitHub to look at boost unlocks etc. it's still a pretty good resource. I also remember time lord being an exceedingly good thing to level.

God I wish I could get through the logicat was though. I wonder if the original dev back updated the game to ease that getting, it was never his strong suit fixing early game headaches

UNLIKE MY REAL HOMIE FORE GEEZ

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Ok I've downloaded FAPI. I'm back on the idle train!

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I also just started FAPI today -- any must-have "save up and buy this first" things for either the Blue Coin currency (souls, I think?) or the gold you get from the whack-a-mole game, or is it just buy whatever?

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Aerox posted:

I also just started FAPI today -- any must-have "save up and buy this first" things for either the Blue Coin currency (souls, I think?) or the gold you get from the whack-a-mole game, or is it just buy whatever?

Auto-whack auto, equipment band thingy, faster auto whack auto, extra equipment recycle and auto conversion would be the ones I'd buy first on the 3rd tab and probably leave it at that unless you really want something else. On second tab what ever is on sale, and then whatever. You're probably going to get enough potions from using "daily" code daily, so you don't have to care too much about buying those.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

What does Equipment Band even do? I've avoided buying it because the description is incomprehensible.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Lone Goat posted:

What does Equipment Band even do? I've avoided buying it because the description is incomprehensible.

It basically tells you the numerical item rating of an item in your inventory or on your character, which is based on the stats and rarity of the item. It will also be a green number if the rating is better than the equipment you have on currently, and red if its worse. Useful if you need to find better equipment among a pile of drops in your inventory.

Of course, the overall rating doesn't take into account the nature of the item bonuses on the item, so compare the items a little closer if you don't want to swap out a particular item bonus you wanted.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
In FAPI i regret going milk for ascension 3 instead of poop + another upgradee.

Progress is glacial as i don't have any poop assigned until like 4 hours into a run. Instead i have a 28,7 second milk timer, for a whopping 4,5% increase in milk/time. Yay.

Im 4 days into the ascension now and have not yet even gotten to world 3.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

Progress is glacial as i don't have any poop assigned until like 4 hours into a run. Instead i have a 28,7 second milk timer, for a whopping 4,5% increase in milk/time. Yay.

How do you not have poop assigned until 4 hours into a run? The early challenges are a cakewalk during ascensions, and the first couple are auto completed. So you have some worms generating poop for you. Throw whatever poop you have evenly around and it will give you a pretty sizeable boost. Then go back at 4 hours (or whatever) and put out your large accumulated amount.

MattDarling
Apr 25, 2017
FAPI being successful killed the old server the devs were sharing with Wizard and Minion Idle, so I finally had to move from the busted mobile version over to PC. Easy enough to do, just copied a text file from the app's data folder and imported on PC.

And now I have no goddamn idea how to play this game, because it's so dramatically different on mobile. And the UI on PC really is atrocious. I don't think I can re-learn how to play with all the differences.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is, don't hard fork your game to make a mobile version. Learn from the mistakes of others!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It also just has a sync between mobile and steam now?

Also how are you finding it different?

Edit: or are you talking about wizard and minion?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Len posted:

It also just has a sync between mobile and steam now?

Also how are you finding it different?

Edit: or are you talking about wizard and minion?

WAMI is very different on mobile and PC. When they did the mobile version it got its own design and it never made it back to PC. I gave it up because it just wasn’t organized well and wasn’t getting an update.

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

Ineptitude posted:

Not sure how to help you, but it should take 4 or 5 runs of about 2 hours to get further than you are now (based on that milk timer). The slow progress really doesn't have anything to do with picking milk.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm 4 days into acension 3 and almost at ascension 4 with the milk upgrade. Something is definitely not quite right.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm just getting started in FE000000. How many infinity points should I get before starting on the normal challenges? I tried the first one and it was barely moving so I figure I'm not ready for those yet but I'm getting 2 IPs on reset every couple hours which is pretty slow going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I don’t remember, but what I do remember is that the infinity challenges are very much not ordered by difficulty. IIRC it’s reasonable to start doing some of them almost immediately. Take a look at the other ones and see which penalties don’t seem so bad.