Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

fadam posted:

This is the strongest cast they've had in a while. Everyone is really funny.

I would agree if not for the fact that season 13 is one of the all-time greats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

I would agree if not for the fact that season 13 is one of the all-time greats.

I liked it but it kind of blends in with 10-12 for me lol. Not sure why.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

fadam posted:

All Taskmaster is really good, but the seasons I rewatch the least are definitely the covid seasons. The vibe in the studio is just off.

I never thought the social distancing efforts affected the comedy of the show. You trade the energy of the live audience for this silly, slap-happy vibe, and a couple of the live tasks beg to be performed in an empty room (the wow monster wouldn't have been anywhere near as funny if the cast weren't the only ones there).

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

individual865 posted:

Unfortunately, it appears Atle Antonsen, the Taskmaster for Kongen Befaler, is a racist: https://www.reddit.com/r/panelshow/...utm_name=iossmf

This is very disappointing, and it casts a bit of a pall over the show. Maybe try Stormester first? One of the smaller details I like about it is "homework" tasks come up a bit more often (maybe because the panel are not worrying about prize tasks). Like they made the "surprising thing in a chocolate egg" something that they brought into the studio and presented directly to the taskmaster. Or "create the best headline", which is basically unique in the franchise.

The hand task was surprisingly creepy, is Series 14 the moment that the garage comes into its own as a location?

Heavy_D fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 19, 2022

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

individual865 posted:

Unfortunately, it appears Atle Antonsen, the Taskmaster for Kongen Befaler, is a racist: https://www.reddit.com/r/panelshow/...utm_name=iossmf

Yikes. The linked article makes it pretty clear he flat out assaulted her.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Well, AA is officially done with Taskmaster. Which is just as well, a large part of what the taskmaster does is berate the contestants and it is no longer funny watching AA doing it.

not a bot posted:

Yikes. The linked article makes it pretty clear he flat out assaulted her.

A guy with cp also came forward with a story about how a drunk AA took control over his wheelchair and "jokingly" drove it towards the top of some stairs. As it turns out he's a humongous rear end in a top hat.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Please just say cerebral palsy.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So wait, if the task was "find the back of your hand" and Sara Millican's big hack was getting the picture taken of the side of her hand, that seems like one of those tasks that should be invalidated for alex incompetence.

Although it was fun seeing Dara at maybe his lowest.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Did Alex even actually specify that they had to put their hand in a specific position or did he just kind of go like "put your hand there please" and the rest of them just did it that way instinctively? It seemed like they didn't know what the photo was going to be for when having the picture taken, although it was probably obvious enough that it was going to be for a future task. I think the task was just "find your hand" and the whole back of the hand bit was just joking about how very few people actually know the back of their hand very well, despite the saying.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

The_Doctor posted:

Please just say cerebral palsy.

Thank you, I seriously had no idea what 'CP' meant. I really didn't.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
greg : Cadbury bunny?
john : she's fictional

lol at learning about what I assume is an over seas furry icon.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah the Cadbury rabbit is a different thing between the UK and US. In America we got a real rabbit that clucks like a chicken to market the eggs.

In the UK they market one of the chocolate bars with this-

And it's weird and very clearly intended to have weird seductive overtones.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

A clucking, egg laying, rabbit is weird all on its own.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

https://i.imgur.com/8d6R9un.mp4

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

itry posted:

A clucking, egg laying, rabbit is weird all on its own.

A clucking, egg laying, rabbit is weirder than a horny man wanting to gently caress a sexualised cartoon rabbit from an ad campaign in the modern world, tbh. I'm not commenting on whether that's good or bad, but it's a fact.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

SlothfulCobra posted:

Yeah the Cadbury rabbit is a different thing between the UK and US. In America we got a real rabbit that clucks like a chicken to market the eggs.

In the UK they market one of the chocolate bars with this-

And it's weird and very clearly intended to have weird seductive overtones.

This explains a lot but it also kind of makes the original joke funnier without the cultural context. Just a guy casually admitting he wants to gently caress a regular, non-anthropomorphic rabbit and defending it with "it's fictional".

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

john got funnier when they started giving him better set ups in the live-sections

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Alhazred posted:

Well, AA is officially done with Taskmaster. Which is just as well, a large part of what the taskmaster does is berate the contestants and it is no longer funny watching AA doing it.

Yeah I had a hard time with him on the most recent episode of KB. I didnt expect it to affect me like that.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Strawman posted:

A clucking, egg laying, rabbit is weirder than a horny man wanting to gently caress a sexualised cartoon rabbit from an ad campaign in the modern world, tbh. I'm not commenting on whether that's good or bad, but it's a fact.

:hmmyes:

As pedestrian as people crushing on Simba/Nala.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
NY line-up out:
https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1594661908812103681
Youtuber, maths lady, DJ, athlete, musician.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 21, 2022

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I thought John was just saying he loves eating chocolate bunnies cause that's the only Cadbury rabbit we have here.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Or it was just a joke about the fact that the mascot is weirdly sexualised. I don't think John was confessing to a genuine sexual fantasy there.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
You know who does the voice of the Cadbury's Caramel bunny? Miriam Margolyes.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

stev posted:

Or it was just a joke about the fact that the mascot is weirdly sexualised. I don't think John was confessing to a genuine sexual fantasy there.

John account spotted.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Pablo Bluth posted:

NY line-up out:
https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1594661908812103681
Youtuber, maths lady, DJ, athlete, musician.

I like this, Amelia dimoldenberg is really fun, I can see Mo being wholesome and funny as well.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

stev posted:

Unless...

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's ok, everyone! She's fictional. :c00lbert:

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Was this interview with one of Taskmaster's editors posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1vfmU9uSOw

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I wonder if they use country statistics to pitch the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM00aL93c2M

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Paladinus posted:

I wonder if they use country statistics to pitch the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM00aL93c2M

Seems like the thing to do. They probably get better data through that channel than through Channel 4 / All 4.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Very strong penultimate episode, shaping up to be quite the finale. But will Dara break the first seat curse?

The Brady performed/Millican authored play genuinely came off like like a lost Talking Heads episode, quite remarkable. It's a fun way to structure a task, although I imagine that in lots of series it would be made impossible by the filming schedule.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Munya's play wasn't a one-man play, so even 1 pt was generous.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't know how many tie-breakers end up as proper tasks, but this one was golden. A perfect party game for a reasonably drunk company, I imagine.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Amazing episode, I'm going to miss this bunch when they're gone.

Pablo Bluth posted:

Munya's play wasn't a one-man play, so even 1 pt was generous.

I feel like maybe she was so reluctant to do it that Alex said "would it help if I did it with you?"

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

John Kearns doing scripted comedy is like night and day to him trying to improv.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Really good episode, some of the best creative tasks entries too. And good to see Fern win an episode so we don't get another never-winner like last season. Though it looks like Sarah might have lost her chance at the win the season here and it's just Dara's to lose at this point.

This is shaping up to be my favorite season.

Also they're doing Taskmaster Australia. I haven't watched Australian telle for decades so I don't recognize most of them, and the one I do I'm not a fan of but hopefully it works out. Would be awesome having another good English language Taskmaster.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Fern's performance was absolutely remarkable

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The audience audibly gasped as her painting was revealed.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
gently caress, i have the same keyring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Perhaps the second part of the play task could have been better as "Direct, produce and star in this one-person play. Best show wins"? I know that really the two Andys are running the show, but that would mean you were judged on all your creative decisions, not just the performance. Allows a contestant a bit more to have a try at with a script like Munya's...