Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1594284588695801858

"Gives up playcalling duties" is another square on the Bingo card

Why are they skipping over the OC calling plays and going straight to QB coach? Seems weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Buffalo, and Jacksonville,

Should of been disqualifying right there

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Should of been disqualifying right there
Yeah I dont understand how Broncos leadership looked at that history and his non-playcalling in GB and thought "yes, this is our man".

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Why are they skipping over the OC calling plays and going straight to QB coach? Seems weird.

Then why is Hackett even there?!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kirios posted:

Make bad decisions about when to kick fieldgoals?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kirios posted:

They were trying to lure Rodgers.

That's the reason.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Denver goes out of its way to go get a top-flight QB and a hot head coach candidate and whiffs on both. Meanwhile, here Indy shits itself for half a season and drunk-dials up an old player to coach the team and are succeeding immediately.

This season owns.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Because the Denver media loves Gary Kubiak. You'll probably see some kid gloves treatment if (when) the offense continues to suck.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

aperion posted:

Denver goes out of its way to go get a top-flight QB and a hot head coach candidate and whiffs on both. Meanwhile, here Indy shits itself for half a season and drunk-dials up an old player to coach the team and are succeeding immediately.

This season owns.

Hackett was not a hot head coach candidate.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

We will really need to discuss that Vegas was out of timeouts with less than a minute in the game. They hit a long pass play to set up first and goal, but Josh Jacobs was tackled inbounds. Vegas got lined up, and appeared that they were about to spike the ball, and Hackett called a timeout. So instead of killing a play and having two shots at the end zone before having to settle for a game tying field goal, instead, Vegas got 3 cracks at it. It didn't end up mattering, but absolutely perplexing

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shuttup simplex, hackett was a hot coaching candidate and his stretegy is absolute

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Simplex posted:

We will really need to discuss that Vegas was out of timeouts with less than a minute in the game. They hit a long pass play to set up first and goal, but Josh Jacobs was tackled inbounds. Vegas got lined up, and appeared that they were about to spike the ball, and Hackett called a timeout. So instead of killing a play and having two shots at the end zone before having to settle for a game tying field goal, instead, Vegas got 3 cracks at it. It didn't end up mattering, but absolutely perplexing

FWIW, it looked more like Vegas was trying the fake spike. Carr was dropping back and one of the receivers had taken off and was running a route when everyone else stopped due to the timeout.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I need Hackett gone asap thx

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Hackett’s seat has got to be molten at this point.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Simplex posted:

That seems fine. The timeout didn’t come until they were already lined up so there’s not more time to burn and it’s way more important to make sure your defense is set and you’ve got the right play call because the game is over if they score a TD.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah you have to fire Hackett. Maybe the most non Meyer destructive coach I've seen in a decade.

(Meyer was a generational talent in this regard that's not a fair comparison)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hackett lost a comebacker to an equally-bad team that didn't even know which tunnel to go under
https://twitter.com/raiders/status/1594499700274515968?s=46&t=6KKK3uF_gsrtNOxPFROfFQ

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1594487007618760704

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1594487628774137858

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Don Capers is still coaching?

Huh.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Hackett’s pretty obviously gone by the end of the year. The current owners didn’t hire him and the Broncos started the season looking lost and haven’t improved at all. Paton has to be in thin ice too and I wonder if they’re just waiting til the end of the season to clean house and get rid of everyone at once.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

A lot of people are weirdly taking this Colts loss as a vindication for Reich, but anyone who thinks the game would've gone any better with him as coach obviously hasn't been paying attention for the past four years.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it seems like the new head coach gave them the chance to win the big game against the best team in the whole wide world

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

That seems fine. The timeout didn’t come until they were already lined up so there’s not more time to burn and it’s way more important to make sure your defense is set and you’ve got the right play call because the game is over if they score a TD.
I don't really get that. Assuming that Vegas spikes the ball there, it's the difference between the Raiders getting two chances to win the game versus three.

If you think your defense is unprepared for the fake spike... well why is your defense unprepared for a fake spike? The fake spike play is really ugly against a defense that defends it at all, so you would much rather defend against that than whatever the Raiders come up with during the timeout.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

ShakeZula posted:

A lot of people are weirdly taking this Colts loss as a vindication for Reich, but anyone who thinks the game would've gone any better with him as coach obviously hasn't been paying attention for the past four years.

Big Jeff is 2-0 ATS, can't have any complaints about that!

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Hackett was not a hot head coach candidate.

Hyped, overhyped, whatever. The point is that they bought into it and whiffed bad

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Simplex posted:

I don't really get that. Assuming that Vegas spikes the ball there, it's the difference between the Raiders getting two chances to win the game versus three.

If you think your defense is unprepared for the fake spike... well why is your defense unprepared for a fake spike? The fake spike play is really ugly against a defense that defends it at all, so you would much rather defend against that than whatever the Raiders come up with during the timeout.

We don’t know what the Raiders play call was but 32 seconds isn’t guaranteed spike the ball territory and if you think they’re going to run a play it’s a whole lot better to give your defense a chance to catch their breath after giving up a big play and substitute guys for your red zone defense if needed. Coaches call timeouts all the time near the goal line when they see something they don’t like. You can question the judgement call there but he’s got so many glaringly obvious failings and that I don’t really see the point in nitpicking it.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 21, 2022

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
it feels like that raiders win both saved josh some heat and dialed it up on Hackett even further

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Relentlessboredomm posted:

it feels like that raiders win both saved josh some heat and dialed it up on Hackett even further

please dear god fire hackett

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

please dear god fire hackett

Sure, so they can hire Brian Schottenheimer

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No way they’d hire Shotty when Peyton is right there

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

ASAPRockySituation posted:

No way they’d hire Shotty when Peyton is right there

Peyton doesn’t want to be a coach. If he did he’d already be one.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Black Lighter posted:

fire the broncos into the sun. the only problem there is i'm not sure the sun could handle that much radioactivity...

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Black Lighter posted:

P. sure Russ has next to no clout in the building right now, despite whatever Machiavellian plotting he has in mind

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

aperion posted:

This season owns.
Hackett only ever got the job because the Broncos were stupid and thought the hire would somehow get them Aaron.

When that was a miss they turned on NFL Network and went after the first QB mentioned without any sort of plan.

Reality should of set in during the Country Club August.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Chris James 2 posted:

Hackett lost a comebacker to an equally-bad team that didn't even know which tunnel to go under
https://twitter.com/raiders/status/1594499700274515968?s=46&t=6KKK3uF_gsrtNOxPFROfFQ

Adams is just plain awesome.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ShakeZula posted:

What’s funny is I think there is a large chance that the game would have went exactly the same had Reich been there. ThecColts strengths and weaknesses hasn’t really changed all that much

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Reich would have still had Ehlinger out there so the Colts would have never even have been in that game.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What is the backstory on that? I thought Irsay pressured Reich into benching Ryan?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What is the backstory on that? I thought Irsay pressured Reich into benching Ryan?

Yeah, I don't think Reich wanted Ehlinger, probably because he has two eyes and has seen people play football before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Ryan was playing like absolute rear end before the switch so the switch was a desperation heave from a dying man