Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/jfrankensteiner/status/1160750140463955970

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Lol more reasons to love Abel Ferrara (and he's absolutely right, "Signifying Rapper" is way better than "Come With Me" and "Kashmir")

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Abel Ferrara kicks rear end

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

VoodooXT posted:

Lol more reasons to love Abel Ferrara (and he's absolutely right, "Signifying Rapper" is way better than "Come With Me" and "Kashmir")

I've damp farts superior to "Come with Me" but yeah Abel ain't wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr2RIzgr8GY

There's also a crisp official Conan upload of this but that doesn't have the walk-on music because of course it doesn't.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://twitter.com/SeverinFilms/status/1593835326086184962?s=20&t=aIruBL88_oI3bmmrFtVs1g

Doesn’t Severin have a spotty record for its website and it’s reliability?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Boywhiz88 posted:

https://twitter.com/SeverinFilms/status/1593835326086184962?s=20&t=aIruBL88_oI3bmmrFtVs1g

Doesn’t Severin have a spotty record for its website and it’s reliability?

lol, yes. Every time they have a big sale or something the website crashes and sometimes isn't back up for a couple days. Incidentally I came to post about their black friday release of this movie on UHD and blu-ray, which I've never heard of but it looks loving bonkers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMZA9a_jx3Q

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

"There's a sale on" and "Severin site's gone down." Name a more iconic duo.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Severin's releases are rad enough to put up with their nonsense. I'm gonna order the poo poo outta Four Flies.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

caligulamprey posted:

Severin's releases are rad enough to put up with their nonsense. I'm gonna order the poo poo outta Four Flies.

100%, the Shameless blu ray was pretty weak, I think Severin will do a good job with it. A company that releases Bloody Pit of Horror and Black Candles in the same year is one worth supporting imo

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Severin had a spotty record with their website but they finally fixed it with the last sale.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've had good experiences with Severin so far but also I only started buying from them this year/haven't dealt with them for Black Friday chaos yet

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I just wish they would be clear if the SE is BF only, and they'll release a UHD w/o the OST or something. I'm interested, but I don't need such a "complete" set, ya know?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
There's a UHD version of Office Space on amazon now. Looks pretty good for having a blu-ray ish bitrate, and makes me hopeful we're getting a disc eventually. Weird to see the grain layer on this film I've watched countless times, but happy it's not DNR

e: i guess walmart is using office space in ads currently too? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29nO4cQLECI

still 2 years away from the 25th anniversary, hoping that's not the UHD plan

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 19, 2022

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Found a copy of Spice World on DVD while thrifting yesterday. First one I've come across since finding out it's semi valuable about a year ago.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wait, why is it valuable?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Long out of print with nostalgia demand I think.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Keep it and then spice up your life.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Richard o’Brien stans ftw

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

CPL593H posted:

Keep it and then spice up your life.

All the people in the world!
Every boy! Every girl!

I used to be obsessed with those first two albums and Spice World on VHS.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

PinkoBastard posted:

Richard o’Brien stans ftw

Richard O’Brien can gently caress off, the transphobic poo poo.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

edogawa rando posted:

Uh yeah I just remembered he was in spice world actually not a comment on his politics

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I’ve never seen it but I know they had to delete a Gary Glitter cameo because his first CP thing happened between filming and release.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Spice world owns

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Spice World is a neat artifact and a really well done One Of Those.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My only experience with Spice World was my first night on my first job, was opening night.

I worked in a theater, and at the time we cared more about knowing exactly when to do a theater check during Titanic.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Godfather Trilogy UHD set down to $55 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/The-Godfather-Trilogy-4K-Blu-ray/dp/B09PP57DW7?tag=bluray-030-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Link from Blu-ray.com

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
I think the only DVD I've bought since 2008 was a hard-subbed Japanese version of On The Air.

Nightmare Cinema fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 20, 2022

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

edogawa rando posted:

His comments are especially confusing because he's said before that he identifies as transgender and doesn't really consider himself a man (he uses he/him pronouns just for clarity) and never has. The gender politics of Rocky Horror are outdated but even so it was ahead of the curve in that it doesn't really portray gender as a binary. I even remember the first several times I watched the movie as a kid (I watched it over and over) I wasn't sure whether Frankenfurter was supposed to be a man or a woman. I just don't get how Richard O'Brien came around to his comments on trans people given all that. I also find it hard to throw out RHPS because regardless of Richard's lovely comments it does hold a pretty important place in the history of queer cinema. And I'll also admit that it being one of the very few explicitly queer things on tv when I was a kid it's something very personal. I even made it movie of the month a while back. I hadn't been aware of O'Brien's transphobic remarks at the time but needless to say I was very disappointed when I did hear them.

Nightmare Cinema posted:

I think the only DVD I've bought since 2008 was a hard-subbed Japanese version Off The Air.

Two Nacho Vigolondo movies I really like are more or less unobtainable on blu-ray and have been given little release or fanfare on the format. So I've had to settle for DVDs. Timecrimes and Extraterrestrial. There is a Spanish blu-ray of the former but it doesn't have English subtitles and I think it's not even in print anymore. Blu-ray.com says the latter is on blu but I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere or much evidence that it exists.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

edogawa rando posted:

:(

Still I cannot do it, I already boxed up all my HP books and movies, I am NOT shunning my Shock Treatment.

But that really really sucks. Goddamn what is wrong with these people? Why is it so hard to just accept that you don't understand some poo poo and let people do their thing

Edit: also everything CPL said

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Nightmare Cinema posted:

I think the only DVD I've bought since 2008 was a hard-subbed Japanese version of On The Air.

Is that the David Lynch show?

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Is that the David Lynch show?

Yep.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

I have that on some ancient VHS tapes here somewhere.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Richard O'Brien also lives in Katikati, a jumped up hick town with pretentious of being an art community in the Bay of Plenty, the armpit of New Zealand.

Signed, a former Bay resident.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Nov 21, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Bay of Plenty of Assholes

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Well I'm glad I found this thread, since I had no idea that either Return of the Living Dead or Taking of Pelham One Two Three were out or coming out in 4k.

My wallet, on the other hand, is going to hate that I found this thread, I think.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

esperantinc posted:

Well I'm glad I found this thread, since I had no idea that either Return of the Living Dead or Taking of Pelham One Two Three were out or coming out in 4k.

My wallet, on the other hand, is going to hate that I found this thread, I think.

Gooble gobble we accept you one of us

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The individual 4Ks are $46 ($13 each for 1-2, $20 for 3). Is there a reason to go with the box set over the individuals?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

GrandpaPants posted:

The individual 4Ks are $46 ($13 each for 1-2, $20 for 3). Is there a reason to go with the box set over the individuals?

those individual ones dont contain any extras or blu-ray versions so you're just getting the 4K disc and the Coppolla commentary.

I went with the individuals since its cheaper (waiting for a sale price on 3) and I probably wouldn't have watched the extras anyways.

and the art on the steelbooks are very cool.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Just got the ATHF Plantasm 4K. It came with a poster, but the poster was folded in such a way that it immediately poked holes in itself upon opening. Very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/ToddEberly/status/1594452811458158594