Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Ikkoku Nikki is so loving good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Stella Record

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

John McClane posted:

Ikkoku Nikki is so loving good

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
kono oto tomare is fun but i really don't care about meiryou drama sorry

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I like meiryou's story fine, the upcoming performance I won't care about will be the school just made up of two boys

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I guess if I can articulate it, I like ousuke but the rest of meiryou isn't fleshed out enough for the romantic tension to feel especially intetesting

I've been pleasantly surprised before

And yeah i like the eidai boys but they're nothing

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
tokise had a shitload of drama to untangle (imo a lot of it really satisfying) in their preparation for nationals, but it came at the expense at peeking in at what their rivals were doing themselves, so now we're gonna get the gist of it in flashback during their performances

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I understand this mood and I wish I didn't.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brought To You By posted:

I understand this mood and I wish I didn't.

wot is this from

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

wot is this from

The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even though it's beyond cliche I'm a big fan of the 'taking your glasses off and instantly becoming 100x hotter' thing

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyway this manga is cute but the music being entirely dad rock from the 90s/early 2000s is extremely funny

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pearl Jam, huh? It's kind of esoteric, nobody else has ever heard of these guys.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Larry Parrish posted:

Even though it's beyond cliche I'm a big fan of the 'taking your glasses off and instantly becoming 100x hotter' thing

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_senpai_who_cant_stand_manga_where_the_girl_is_considered_more_attractive_after_changing_her_appearance

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Larry Parrish posted:

Lol it pisses me off so bad when I read a manga and the Spanish scanlators are way ahead of English. I'm not very literate in Spanish but it's almost good enough for your average manga, but it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable, and it would just end up making me more upset. Anyway it sucks that the English guys are apparently 20 chapters behind. Don't these people share raws...? Are they beefing with the Latin guys? Whatever.

lmao guess what

They've released a new English chapter every day for the last five days

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BearDrivingTruck posted:

lmao guess what

They've released a new English chapter every day for the last five days

Hoipe

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
New Mischievous Girl Anjou-San.

gently caress 'em up, Seto.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mirage posted:

New Mischievous Girl Anjou-San.

gently caress 'em up, Seto.

On a lighter note it did not escape me that Toyoda is low key calling Inuyama cute since obviously the sullen and snaggle-toothed dude is often called creepy.

I honestly would read a story about the artistic couple because their chemistry is great as well as them both sharing a mutual passion. Their chapters are always really fun.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

chumbler posted:

Pearl Jam, huh? It's kind of esoteric, nobody else has ever heard of these guys.

(Which, tbf, is almost certainly actually true in a Japanese high school in TYOOL 2022.)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It probably is, but since I'm American I can't help but contextualize that with like, all of those bands playing on rock stations all day long to the point most people are sick to death of their big hits. Lol. It's like saying the Beatles are a deep cut. It doesn't matter how true it is for the character I'm still gonna laugh my rear end off when I read it.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Has anyone ever used Inkr to read stuff? One of the series I bookmarked on MD isn't complete and I'd like to finish it. Inkr is an official distributor of its English version, but I'm kinda confused as to how they operate. What are "coins"? Can I just pay money and subscribe, read what I want, then quit (like a TV streaming service)? Neither question was apparent from their website.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I simply avoid Inkr and all other currency based sites as much as humanly possible lol. I think everything I've wanted to read off of there has been sold as volume ebooks on Kindle so far, like A Side Characters Love Story. So you probably don't have to deal with it.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Ofecks posted:

Has anyone ever used Inkr to read stuff? One of the series I bookmarked on MD isn't complete and I'd like to finish it. Inkr is an official distributor of its English version, but I'm kinda confused as to how they operate. What are "coins"? Can I just pay money and subscribe, read what I want, then quit (like a TV streaming service)? Neither question was apparent from their website.

You remember how a bunch of video game publishers had stuff like Bioware Points that you'd buy instead of just buying DLC directly? Coins are that. From the site's perspective it's basically a way to reduce merchant fees by encouraging people to make a few big purchases instead of a bunch of small ones, plus making you think "oh, i have some coins left over, guess I'll start on this other series... welp, gotta buy more coins to read the rest now".

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Thanks for the insight. The only experience I have with FunBux was digital downloads on the Wii. I bought some WiiWare (Castlevania Rebirth!) and a handful of Virtual Console titles, none of which were really playable due to the combination of: bluetooth (WiiMotes use it for all button presses), software emulation layer, and 2008-era game-mode-less LCD TV, all introducing a ton of input latency. Anyway, at the time I thought it was dumb as hell that I couldn't just pay Nintendo directly for what I wanted, and I'll carry that opinion over to Inkr.

I'll poke around more on their site sometime to see if there's a real money option (subscription or something).

The unfinished-on-MD series I was referring to is A Silent Voice. Having been both a perpetrator and victim of childhood bullying myself, the premise is extremely relatable and a reminder to make a reasonable effort to treat others with kindness.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should watch the movie cuz it pwns

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I just looked it up and it's totally on Kindle up to vol 7, which should be where it ends but maybe im wrong

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

girl what forgot her glasses

low key s-tier mom

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

I read this entire chapter with my hands quivering under the edge of a table, ready to flip it.

Should have known better.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
In Kaoru Hana, I do appreciate the character beat of Rintaro blurting out to Kaoruko that he loves her, and in their next meeting admitting that it was really selfish of him to just spring that on her, but laying out what he's feeling. It's not exactly the right way to go about it but it feels very human.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BearDrivingTruck posted:

In Kaoru Hana, I do appreciate the character beat of Rintaro blurting out to Kaoruko that he loves her, and in their next meeting admitting that it was really selfish of him to just spring that on her, but laying out what he's feeling. It's not exactly the right way to go about it but it feels very human.

yeah i liked that scene a lot lol. as u say, especially the follow up

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Been catching up on Destroy all Humankind and there have been ups and downs to the different relationships. But the last time I saw someone take this much damage in a duel their soul got sent to the shadow realm. I'm sure Lou feels like that is the case, poor girl.

A new guy has taken over translations and uploads to Mangadex, but Fallen Angel hasn't bothered to upload the bulk of the series they worked on so here's a different aggregator that has the whole series.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brought To You By posted:

Been catching up on Destroy all Humankind and there have been ups and downs to the different relationships. But the last time I saw someone take this much damage in a duel their soul got sent to the shadow realm. I'm sure Lou feels like that is the case, poor girl.

A new guy has taken over translations and uploads to Mangadex, but Fallen Angel hasn't bothered to upload the bulk of the series they worked on so here's a different aggregator that has the whole series.

This is cool but I don't give a poo poo about magic and it taking place in 1998 means I'm too young to get basically all of the references that isn't generic otaku poo poo I would have picked up on by now, lol. He mentions xenogear in the first chapter and I literally had the instant thought of 'isnt that a 360 game?' before realizing I'm a dipshit.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The More You Chew, the Sweeter It Gets has an odd name but it's a nice generic school shoujo. Sadly it doesn't have any tragic backstory or heart wrenches to make me cry a little. But it's hard to go wrong with the classic anti social boy figures out what love is and changes his entire life around to be with the protagonist, though. And the art is very cute.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
all hands on deck, the chihaya college student bonus story has been translated

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
After years of reading Chihayafuru I just stopped. The big tournament arc was just too slow and I didn't care anymore. Maybe I'll go back to it one day

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Idk if anyone else follows it but A Side Character's Love Story vol 12 came out this week

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Ikoku Nikki Chapter 50: https://mangadex.org/chapter/399e3f83-16cc-4114-93bd-a840a5ddfe8a/1

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 11, 2022

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/agu_knzm/status/1601808391814336512

gently caress man their art is so good

SeanGaffney
Mar 16, 2002
Nomad of the Time Streams
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1602597333283180544

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros