Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Cop27 climate summit in Egypt – World leaders are coming together next month to address the crisis – but is time running out?"

Telegraph:

Times:

Security warning from ex-MI6 chief Sir Alex Younger after Liz Truss ‘phone hack’

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak may now go to Cop27 global warming summit in Egypt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Jair Bolsonaro’s defeat in Brazil – The far-right president has been felled, like the huge swaths of the Amazon rainforest on his watch"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Suella Braverman admits sending official documents to personal email six times

Times:

Migrant crisis: Alarm at Suella Braverman’s immigration rhetoric

Evening Standard:

Jeremy Hunt plots tax rises to fill £50 billion black hole in public finances; Matt Hancock suspended as Tory MP after signing up to I’m A Celebrity

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Suella Braverman’s comments about refugees – Home secretary referred to ‘an invasion’ and ramped up her rhetoric on immigration" After William Holman Hunt.

Telegraph:

'I haven't lost my marbles': Matt Hancock defends decision to join I'm A Celebrity

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

After J Howard Miller.

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on a Cop27 about-turn – Rishi Sunak U-turns on decision not to attend climate summit"

Telegraph:

World on 'brink of nuclear war', claims Russia

Matt:

NHS seeks £7bn extra as Rishi Sunak says health service spending will be prioritised

Independent:

Embattled Suella Braverman visits Dover and Manston amid immigration crisis

Times:

Evening Standard:

:derp: Mars Wrigley to remove Bounty bars from Celebrations chocolate tubs in pre-Christmas trial :ohdear:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the rise in interest rates – The Bank of England has increased the cost of borrowing to 3%, despite predicting the longest recession since the 1930s"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

New demands for election as Rishi Sunak tears up pledges

Times:

Evening Standard:

Elon Musk blames ‘massive revenue loss’ amid Twitter lay-offs

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the British politics bonfire — All capital spending is under review before Jeremy Hunt’s autumn statement with a view to making billions in savings on infrastructure projects"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak hails King Charles’s ‘far-sighted’ environmental leadership ahead of Cop27

Independent:

Suella Braverman arrives at Manston migrant centre by Chinook helicopter; After Winslow Homer.

The i paper:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Conservative gaslighting can’t hide the prowling wolf of recession - The “invasion” of immigrants cannot mask our real woes: climate change and a tanking economy"

Sunday Telegraph:

Russian troops begin leaving Kherson city – but Ukraine warns of a trap

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

" :derp: Albanian drug kingpins are infiltrating Britain's streets as illegal migrants, major leak of secret files reveals" :fuckoff:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oblig: gently caress off Mac.

Not sure what specific point that Morland is trying to make.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
THE ALBANIAN BAR

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s top team – Hunt sharpens his axe while Braverman and Williamson face questions over their use of language"

Telegraph:

US midterm elections 2022: When they are and why they matter

Times:

No 10 refuses to endorse Gavin Williamson as threatening texts revealed

Evening Standard:

Johnson promises support for Sunak but warns against backsliding on net zero

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Conservatives and climate policy – Rishi Sunak is making a whistle-stop visit to the Cop27 climate summit in Egypt" After Gillray.

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson will urge world to keep net zero plan in Cop27 speech

Matt:

Tony Blair condemns The Crown and its 'complete rubbish' plot about him and the Queen

Times:

Evening Standard:

Downing Street calls latest Gavin Williamson bullying allegations ‘serious’

Bonus! David Squires on … Qatar 2022 and a World Cup whistleblower’s story

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Blower learn what flags of actual countries are you utter loving hack

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Cop27 and the US midterm elections – The Cop27 climate summit takes place in Egypt as speculation builds over whether Donald Trump will announce a 2024 presidential run" Also ‘Beaver moon’ lunar eclipse seen around the world – in pictures

Telegraph:

"A road trip in an electric car sounds superb – until you add up the numbers", I guess?

Matt:

New inheritance tax grab will ensnare '10,000 more families'

Independent:

Republican midterm ‘red wave’ hopes evaporate as House and Senate remain too close to call

Times:

Who will win the US midterm elections? Polls and predictions

Evening Standard:

"The Standard View: No Republican ‘red wave’, but US politics is set for further chaos"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh no, 10,000 families. How will the country survive.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Blower learn what flags of actual countries are you utter loving hack
Blower confirmed as thread lurker.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Blower confirmed as thread lurker.

Blower hide a badger in your cartoons like Paul used to

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on a man throwing eggs at King Charles and Camilla in York – The king and queen consort were on a walkabout in the city when a protester apparently threw three eggs at them, all of which missed" :douche:

Telegraph:

Donald Trump 'blames everyone including Melania' for midterm results that left him 'screaming'

Matt:

Independent:

Sunak under pressure over Gavin Williamson and Suella Braverman cabinet appointments

Times:

Gavin Williamson resigns after formal complaint over bullying claims

Evening Standard:

Matt Hancock fails to impress I’m A Celeb campsite after first Bushtucker Trial

Stephen Collins:

Bonus! David Squires on … Qatar 2022 and the invisible man’s World Cup story

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

That disappointed shav is decent av material

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on Matt Hancock’s jungle trip – Former health secretary ditches parliament to take part in I’m a Celebrity …"

Telegraph:

Strikes are pointless, says minister as nurses set to announce biggest ever walkout

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Ukrainian flags fly in Kherson as Kyiv’s forces race into city in major setback for Vladimir Putin’s war

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Tory recession hole – Chancellor Jeremy Hunt warns of ‘tough road ahead’ as UK economy shrinks"

Telegraph:

Matt:

"Thank goodness John Lewis has finally got the tone right"

Independent:

Ukraine works to stabilize Kherson after Russian pullout After Arthur Hughes.

The i paper:

Times:

Republicans tell Donald Trump to delay run for president

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"I’m a weak Tory prime minister… Get me out of here! – Rishi Sunak is in the jungle – and the creepy-crawlies have him in their sights"

Sunday Telegraph:

Jeremy Hunt: 'We're all going to be paying a bit more tax'

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Ron DeSantis signals 2024 run for president, buoyed by re-election success

Mail on Sunday:

"In this challenge, Matt you have to read as many letters of complaint from your constituents as you can while being lowered into a tank of barracudas."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Qatar’s World Cup – The 2022 contest of the ‘beautiful game’ is soon to begin amid fierce criticism of Qatar’s human rights record"

Telegraph:

How Jeremy Hunt could consign Britain to higher tax for a generation

Times:

Evening Standard:

Xi Jinping joins Joe Biden in condemnation of Russian nuclear threats on Ukraine

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Chilton on the perils facing the government – Problems are piling up for the PM and chancellor, who will be hoping the budget will give them some breathing space"

Telegraph:

Russia is a rogue state, Rishi Sunak tells G20 leaders

Matt:

Times:

Joe Biden: will he run again in 2024 after midterm elections success?

Evening Standard:

Putin more open to peace talks as he suffers losses on Ukraine battlefield, say western officials

Bonus! David Squires on … a Qatar World Cup worker’s death by ‘natural causes’

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the trials facing world leaders – Like another group far from home, Sergei Lavrov and Joe Biden, among others, have a range of unpleasant challenges to tackle"

Telegraph:

Pensions tax raid will ‘irreparably damage’ NHS, doctors warn

Matt:

Independent:

Former Trump loyalists pan his 2024 campaign announcement: ‘He’s the only Republican who could lose’

Times:

Evening Standard:

Nasa’s Artemis 1 rocket blasts off to the moon

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Also, it's that time of the year again...

:siren::ducksiren::siren::yaybutt::siren::wooper::siren: Voting for The Ellwood Atfield Political Cartoon Of The Year Awards is now open!!!!!! :siren::wooper::siren::yaybutt::siren::ducksiren::siren:

Simply click on this handy link right here, look at the selection (including other cartoonists not usually posted to the thread!), pick your winner, then do whatever the website says. The awards are being dished out on the 30th, so I guess you've got until then.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the inquiry into Dominic Raab’s behaviour – Rishi Sunak will appoint an independent investigator to examine claims of alleged bullying against Dominic Raab, after the deputy prime minister requested an inquiry into two formal complaints that have been made against him"

Telegraph:

Autumn Statement 2022 summary: key points and changes at a glance

Matt:

Energy prices drive inflation to 41-year high

Independent:

Pound falls as Jeremy Hunt announces tax rising Autumn Budget

Times:

Artemis 1 launch: Nasa moon rocket lifts off; Donald Trump announces bid to run for US president in 2024

Evening Standard:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It is windy. :effort:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Jeremy Hunt’s autumn statement – Biggest hit for living standards on record in chancellor’s tax and spending measures"

Telegraph

Matt:

Independent:

Toughest tightening of public spending pushed back in Hunt budget

Times:

Evening Standard:

When is BBC’s Children in Need? Start time, channel, and how to watch

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on 12 years of economic hardship under the Tories – British people ‘just got a lot poorer’ due to the autumn statement after a series of ‘economic own goals’, according to the IFS"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Qatar announces shock beer ban at World Cup stadiums

Independent:

Times:

More Twitter employees exit after Elon Musk’s ‘hardcore’ deadline

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Fat cats purr over Jeremy Hunt’s autumn statement – The chancellor’s plan leaves non-doms in clover and the rest of the country in recession"

Sunday Telegraph:

Middle earners face further squeeze as Hunt plots 'social tariffs' for energy

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

‘Remember saying just after Thursday’s Budget, “Looks like we might have to sell a few things?”’

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Love to wave my wooden rattle at the footer and also apparently poo poo right on the sofa

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

the sex ghost posted:

Love to wave my wooden rattle at the footer and also apparently poo poo right on the sofa

No, he shits on the arm chair, where most of the toilet paper is. He's not a savage.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Accidentally based Matt. :discourse:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail on Sunday:

‘Remember saying just after Thursday’s Budget, “Looks like we might have to sell a few things?”’
I heard there is a secret cord.
You plug it in and can meet your Lord.
That no one decent should be selling to you.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the Qatar World Cup – The first ball has been kicked against a backdrop of fierce criticism over treatment of migrant workers in the country"

Telegraph:

England and Wales will not wear ‘OneLove’ armband after Fifa threaten yellow cards

Times:

Cop27: UN climate summit agrees ‘historic’ deal on loss and damage fund

Evening Standard:

1.5C target on ‘life support’ after Cop27, says Sharma

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 21, 2022

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Rishi Sunak’s mooted Swiss-style deal — Rishi Sunak has kept open the door to closer ties with the European Union but tried to pacify angry Brexiters in his own party by laying down a red line that the UK must remain free to set its own standards and regulation"

Telegraph:

Football!

Matt:

'Disappointed' Harry Kane says U-turn on OneLove armbands was 'out of our control'

Times:

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Keir Starmer’s speech to the CBI conference – The opposition leader vowed to wean business off ‘cheap labour’ but said his party would not take UK back into the single market"

Telegraph:

UK must wean itself off migrant labour, says Keir Starmer

Matt:

'It's a catastrophe!' Argentina mourn darkest World Cup defeat after humbling loss to Saudi Arabia

Independent:

Brexit: Minister rejects idea of Swiss-style arrangements to boost EU trade

Times:

Fears grow Iran players may face reprisals for not singing national anthem

Evening Standard:

'I'm not the Grinch,' claims RMT boss ordering MORE train strikes over Christmas as ministers are told to 'get a grip' on looming crisis

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the SNP’s response to losing Indyref2 court case – Nicola Sturgeon said the next election would be ‘de facto referendum’ on Scottish independence after the UK supreme court ruled Holyrood could not legislate for another vote without Westminster approval"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Nationwide to restrict crypto payments after FTX chaos

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Ofgem raises Energy Price Cap - but consumers protected for now

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on British parents skipping meals – Families across the UK are struggling with food price inflation, with single parents the most likely to be skipping meals to make ends meet"

Bonus! Cold War Steve on the victims and vanity of the World Cup

Wales fans have rainbow-coloured hats confiscated before USA game in Qatar

Telegraph:

Households must slash energy use to defeat Putin, says Hunt

Matt:

Independent:

After Shakespeare.

Times:

Jeremy Hunt tells Britons how to save energy; After Alfred Leete.

Evening Standard:

Nurses across UK to strike on two days in December as disruption deepens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the quest for Scottish independence – The UK supreme court ruled this week that the Scottish government cannot stage a second independence referendum without Westminster’s approval"

Telegraph:

Nurses announce strike dates - prompting fears elderly could be stuck in hospital for Christmas

Matt:

Independent:

Dominic Raab insists he always ‘behaved professionally’ despite bullying claims After Arthur David McCormick.

The i paper:

Times: