Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

stev posted:

You're not kidding. Not only do the Infinity Stones not do all that much, but the chances that you'll play him and have time to draw and play any of the stones is tiny. Let alone actually using them to your advantage.
Technically you can Kazar, blue marvel, and still play all the stones, but even that isn't all that strong and that's the nut draw. And that's assuming an opponent with zero reactive plays and zero disruptive locations.

1stGear posted:

If you play all 6 stones it should just win you the game. That's at least turns it into a deckbuilding exercise and probably wouldn't be too unbalanced considering how little tutoring there is in this game.
I think that would be very frustrating to play against and boring to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Wait, has anyone actually .. played real Thanos and not just gotten the random draw one? I mean I'm not gonna sit here and call a card trash that no one has actually been able to use beyond a stat stick.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Nikumatic posted:

Wait, has anyone actually .. played real Thanos and not just gotten the random draw one? I mean I'm not gonna sit here and call a card trash that no one has actually been able to use beyond a stat stick.

No. The card can only be randomly generated, same as Galactus. We know what the Infinity Stones do from datamining, though.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Trying this deck out to utilize Arnim Zola. Feels pretty good right now.

Biggest endgame is obviously Wong > Black Panther > Zola to put two 32 power (or more) Black Panthers on each side. Devil Dino is the contingency plan if I never draw BP. Other win con being Moon Girl/Dino or any card my opponent had or by RNG luck with Agent 13.

Any other ways I can tweak this?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cosmo kind of seems like he's working against you there, I'd drop that for something with a good On Reveal

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Depending on if they interact, Quinjet seems like it could help make the Infinity stones/Thanos viable.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Cosmo kind of seems like he's working against you there, I'd drop that for something with a good On Reveal

Yeah good point. Three choices I can think is Ironheart, Killmonger, and Electro. What do you think?

Edit: Or Rouge. Rouge would be funny.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 21, 2022

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

team overhead smash posted:

Depending on if they interact, Quinjet seems like it could help make the Infinity stones/Thanos viable.

I don't have quinjet and the wording is a bit vague, does it work on Rocks and stuff like that? They 'start' in your deck in the sense that they come into existence there, but they weren't there at the 'start' of the game.

Stones could go either way depending on when they get added during game setup.

Edit: this deck seems to think Quinjet works on them, but I don't know how he would know for sure. https://marvelsnap.io/deck/jubilock-thanos-edition-1443/

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Okay yes swapping out Cosmo with Rouge is HILARIOUS!

I've ran into many Devil Dinosaurs so far and Rouge has always been a perfect counter to them.

I do have a question about how a certain action would play out: Let's say on turn 5 , my opponent plays Devil Dinosaur. On turn 6, in a turn where I flip first, I play Rouge and they play Zola. Rouge will steal the On Going ability thus getting the huge power boost and Dino just stays at 3 power, then Zola will destroys Dino and copy it to the other spots. Will the copies stay 3 power since the original was nullified, or will those copies still have the On Going ability?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

The Grumbles posted:

Like, who the hell is Angela.

Angela's one of my favorite cross-universe characters because the history of it includes creator slapfights over intellectual property. She was made up for Spawn by Neil Gaiman way back in the day and was an angel that fought with/against Spawn in the 90s. She was very much one of those 'gritty hardcore 90s comic' type characters. Gaiman and McFarlane fought over the rights to her (among a lot of other things) and Gaiman won. Gaiman sold the rights to her to Marvel in the early 2010s and she showed up from a hidden world of angels as one of Odin's secret kids. She got picked up flying through space by the Guardians of the Galaxy and was one of them for awhile until she returned to Asgard to get involved with her family drama.

Sera (also featured in this game) is also from her new homeworld and is her trans girlfriend. Angela once went to Hel and fought Hela to bring Sera back to life. They had an okay run together that got cancelled after not that many issues. I'm not sure what Angela's been up to since.

She also had an awesome 1602 story where she was a witch hunter.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I don't think there's a combo I hate more than Wong, White Tiger, Odin.

Really, I think I hate Wong more than any other card in this or any other card game.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
That's an issue I'm having as I get further into pool 3 and higher up the ranks. There do seem to be a fair few cards like Wong/Dr. Doom/Leader that are just "You haven't completely crushed every location, so gently caress you, you lose now".

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

1stGear posted:

That's an issue I'm having as I get further into pool 3 and higher up the ranks. There do seem to be a fair few cards like Wong/Dr. Doom/Leader that are just "You haven't completely crushed every location, so gently caress you, you lose now".

This deck has gotten me 13 levels over the weekend and can beat a bunch of the pool 3 combos on turn 6

# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Angela
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Armor
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Mystique
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRoZUNvbGxlY3RvciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VudGluZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFnZW50MTMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RpcXVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVF1ZWVuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbWVyaWNhQ2hhdmV6In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb29uR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmlnaHRjcmF3bGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbmdlbGEifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Basically try to build up one location with Angela/Collector while prepping for a Armor/Devil Dino at another location. Use Moon Girl to duplicate Mystique at all costs. 2 Mystique copying DD turn 6 is 2*10 = Infinaut power without the downside. My personal favorite was playing Angela on the Nexus and nothing else other than MG at another location to dupe Mystique. Opponent snapped, I played Iron Man turn 5 then snapped and copied him twice more turn 6 for 56 power at all locations. There's a ton of different win conditions with this deck

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

rydiafan posted:

I don't think there's a combo I hate more than Wong, White Tiger, Odin.

Really, I think I hate Wong more than any other card in this or any other card game.

I love hitting Wong with a cosmo, but yeah, Wong should probably be nerfed

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I have been on a massive cube slide all weekend. I started Friday at cube level 54 and slid all the way down to 48 earlier today. None of my pool 3 cards really synergize with anything I normally play and honestly I've gotten more garbage pool 3 cards than good ones. Literally who the gently caress uses Baron Mordo or Hazmat? I didn't even know those were loving cards in this game until I pulled them. I've also reached the point where I'm playing against people with titles which seems...bad for me. I feel like there's no point where I can slow down and just grind out some wins because I feel so underpowered by like every deck I play against.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Ego turn one. I snap. They retreat. Whelp that's irrefutable proof the snap mechanic is poo poo. Sorry =(. You might say that just proves people are poo poo but that's a known quantity and should be worked around.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Duck and Cover posted:

You might say that just proves people are poo poo but that's a known quantity and should be worked around.

By putting you on ignore?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Vulpes posted:

By putting you on ignore?

:fry:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

How usable is Leech? He seems great for a meta that doesn't really exist at Early Pool 2. Turn 5 is just too important :ohdear:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Studio posted:

How usable is Leech? He seems great for a meta that doesn't really exist at Early Pool 2. Turn 5 is just too important :ohdear:

At best people will get leeched and just retreat netting you two cubes, at worse it's a five energy 3 power. Usable? Sure with Lockjaw but not exactly a cube earner.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Studio posted:

He's great against Heimdall move decks.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

RevKrule posted:

I have been on a massive cube slide all weekend. I started Friday at cube level 54 and slid all the way down to 48 earlier today. None of my pool 3 cards really synergize with anything I normally play and honestly I've gotten more garbage pool 3 cards than good ones. Literally who the gently caress uses Baron Mordo or Hazmat? I didn't even know those were loving cards in this game until I pulled them. I've also reached the point where I'm playing against people with titles which seems...bad for me. I feel like there's no point where I can slow down and just grind out some wins because I feel so underpowered by like every deck I play against.

I want to try Hazmat out in a debuff deck with Luke Cage, Typhoid Mary, etc because it seems different and fun but that style of deck will involve having most of pool 3 so it’s a way off.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Studio posted:

I got Leech through a random effect once and played him, thus allowing my opponent who had played a card turn 5 to drop their randomly generated infinaut turn 6.

There are so many decks that intentionally turn off their own effects to play cards like Destroyer, Red Skull, etc. I just can't imagine Leech being playable once you get into pool 3.

Especially not when cards like Cosmo and Enchantress are cheaper and put more power on the board and you don't risk buffing your opponents deck the way Leech can.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man I am getting absolutely hosed by pool 3 cards now like magneto, ronan and wong.

Kinda bullshit and not fun. Takes way too long to make a competitive deck.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Someone may have lucked out and screwed you playing Ronan but I don't think it's a very good card, for what it's worth. If your hand is full or something then it hurts but otherwise it's not like it denies you a draw

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I want to try Hazmat out in a debuff deck with Luke Cage, Typhoid Mary, etc because it seems different and fun but that style of deck will involve having most of pool 3 so it’s a way off.

It'll also involve having Luke Cage, who isn't in the game yet.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

goferchan posted:

Someone may have lucked out and screwed you playing Ronan but I don't think it's a very good card, for what it's worth. If your hand is full or something then it hurts but otherwise it's not like it denies you a draw

Yeah someone dropped a Ronan on me turn 6 yesterday, and it was more "huh, people run Ronan" rather than "Oh I got played"

Had bad beats yesterday, ended up net -8 cubes. Every run I got stopped quickly, and at the end of the day, when I was just gonna play a couple more games before bed, I lost three 4-cube games in a row and was like "Nah, gently caress this, tomorrow"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I had never seen it before and it got dropped on me in an unexpected place for a 15 power and it pissed me off.

I just don’t like how mismatched the decks seem to have gotten.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

I'm certain this can be better optimized but I have a lot of fun with this deck:

* Elektra (1)
* Iceman (1)
* Nova (1)
* Yondu (1)
* Black Widow (2)
* Hazmat (2)
* Carnage (2)
* Scorpion (2)
* Green Goblin (3)
* Debrii (3)
* Hobgoblin (5)
* Spider-Woman (5)

It's not without it's weaknesses but its good at filling your opponent's board with low-power (hopefully negative) BS.

I've been pondering swapping Yondu/Scorpion out for Squirrel Girl/Viper but I'm not sold yet (Scorpion is good against destroy decks running Deadpool/Wolverine/Venom/etc), and Elektra is useful against decks with Human Torch, Ant-Man or Nova but also niche, so viable for replacement. Thoughts/suggestions always welcome.

My Second Re-Reg fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Nov 21, 2022

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Heads up. Don't do the Steam file integrity check with Snap. It resets your user data locally, which seems to be stored in \Steam\steamapps\common\MARVEL SNAP\SNAP_Data\Plugins\x86_64\GSDKCache.

These files are wiped:
accountList.json
cloudinfo.json
preferences.json
steamOrderInfo.json
user.json
user_infos.json

It's fixed by going into the folder, picking file restoration for each and copy pasting their content to the current files. I haven't noticed any problems following this and it restored my collection level.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 21, 2022

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I've been hanging out between rank 30 - 40 through the beginning of pool 3, I think I have maybe ten pool 3 cards now, and I haven't felt like decks are all that imbalanced. It has felt very chill and I highly recommend it. I feel like my lack of ambition has kept the game fun into the grindy part and I'm all about it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm at 85, CL594 and half of my opponents are still bots no matter when I play. I'm starting to believe there really is a CL600 breakpoint that matches you with players deeper into pool 3 and sticking at 594 makes it hard for the matchmaker (I've still never played against anyone with a title).

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

No Wave posted:

I'm at 85, CL594 and half of my opponents are still bots no matter when I play. I'm starting to believe there really is a CL600 breakpoint that matches you with players deeper into pool 3 and sticking at 594 makes it hard for the matchmaker (I've still never played against anyone with a title).

This is true, I stopped and built up 5000 credits around that CL too. But you're in for a rude awakening when you spend those credits if your experience is like mine

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

There is absolutely a CL 600 breakpoint, I was at CL 599 and stopped to farm credits up to max, and then while drunk upgraded a common and hit CL 600 and immediately started spinning beta players with custom titles :negative:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I'm at rank 71, CL 780.

I haven't bothered doing any credits saving or whatever, I just open cards.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

RevKrule posted:

I've been there man. I was at 83 about a week ago and felt like I could push for infinite pretty easily this season

But pool 3 is some bullshit and by trying to rank up I was losing more and for more cubes

I dialed back my play time, now I'm just hopping on for quest completion or a quick game or two and I'm up to 85 now.

Pool 3 collecting does suck. I faced some dude yesterday where I was winning and snapped and he played wave on turn 5 and snapped back. Fucker is running death wave, the literal strongest deck in the game and started bming when I retreated. Cool beans bro, glad you're facing off against my one pool 3 card deck with the best deck in the game

My advice is just chill and don't worry about the ranks for now, that's what I did and I'm back to slowly going up again. Still not a fan of pool 3 collecting, still might quit over it, but game got better when I stopped playing as much

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

uXs posted:

I'm at rank 71, CL 780.

I haven't bothered doing any credits saving or whatever, I just open cards.

That's the only real rank I care about getting, more free variants please

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Studio posted:

I was watching a streamer who said leech is pretty much unusable, but also the game would be awful if he was and I agree. Think about something like ice man or Korg but instead of one card it's all your loving cards

It's like a worse mind scape

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

And Leech can't be reworked to be smaller scale and lower cost, because then he'd become spam-able with certain combos. It really is a card with nowhere to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

quiggy posted:

There is absolutely a CL 600 breakpoint, I was at CL 599 and stopped to farm credits up to max, and then while drunk upgraded a common and hit CL 600 and immediately started spinning beta players with custom titles :negative:

Oh is that so.

*looks at his CL* "602"

I see. Cough.