Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

I wonder how much he's going to be paid per attempt this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
https://twitter.com/SaturdayJeff/status/1586792154390843392

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

well that sucked

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

well that sucked

SF not being able to punch that last TD in busted the spread and the Chargers covered I believe. Which probably makes some people as sad as you are now if that helps any.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Chargers have lost four defensive linemen over the past two games, including the promising rookie. The offense at one point had five rookies on the field and they only drafted four. Dunno how much more they can withstand

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/joro_nfl/status/1591947289869918210

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

I have good news about the broncos next opponent.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Chucktesla posted:

Chargers have lost four defensive linemen over the past two games, including the promising rookie. The offense at one point had five rookies on the field and they only drafted four. Dunno how much more they can withstand

The Chargers really need to enact a full purge on their medical wing, I swear. Doctors, training staff, conditioning staff, everybody. It is inexcusable that that team gets injured that much and yet nothing has been done about it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Redeye Flight posted:

The Chargers really need to enact a full purge on their medical wing, I swear. Doctors, training staff, conditioning staff, everybody. It is inexcusable that that team gets injured that much and yet nothing has been done about it.

It's been done like 3 separate times in the last 15 years.

Nothing helps

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a neat cape posted:

It's been done like 3 separate times in the last 15 years.

Nothing helps

New owners would help.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

New owners would help.

Need to get some recordings of Spanos screaming the N word

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Since 1990, the Broncos have lost to the Raiders at home by more than one score five times. For four out of those five, the coach was fired at (or before) the end of the season.

The fifth was 2002, when the Gannon Raiders lost the Super Bowl. The others were 1994 (Wade), 2008 (Shanahan), 2010 (McDaniels), and 2021 (Fangio). That's four out of the seven coaches the Broncos have fired in that span.

The starting Raiders QBs in those games: Jeff Hostetler, Jamarcus Russell, Jason Campbell, and Carr.

Tomorrow's game probably will decide whether Hackett gets fired during the season or on Black Monday.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

59-14 Broncos.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

acidx posted:

59-14 Broncos.

28 safeties and one field goal

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 19, 2022

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

waffle enthusiast posted:

28 safeties and one field goal

Might as well shut down the NFL after this game. There wouldn't be anything left to achieve.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

2ubiak™️

Let’s ride.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Nervous posted:

Might as well shut down the NFL after this game. There wouldn't be anything left to achieve.

The one-point safety still hasn't happened.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Mahomes and Kelce breaking Chargers hearts brutally AGAIN auuughjhhh

Skyy Moore is good now

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Derwin James is so loving good, too. Kelce just figured it out.

We are watching greatness that won’t be replicated for a long time.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Chargers need to offer Kelce twice his salary to loving retire

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The AFC West brought in so much talent to try to unseat Mahomes this past offseason. Russell Wilson, Davante, Khalil Mack, Chandler Jones, and a bunch others I can’t remember meanwhile KC loses the most dynamic skill player in the NFL and still locks up the division by week 11. Mahomes leading the league in yards and TDs, has 6 more passing TDs than the 2nd place QB Burrow.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Thinkin' the thread title might need some revision

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Kull the Conqueror posted:

It's good to have dreams.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Who knew I was being really optimistic when I originally set it?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

Carr isn’t clutch.

Carr's at his peak on crunch time drives, he's always at his worst on drives early-mid game where playing it safe is still an option

pretty sure it's approaching a 100% overtime win rate once you run it through the MrLogan Metrics

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Carr's clutch...

Is going to be used while he shifts gears driving away from Vegas next season.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

kiimo posted:

Carr's clutch...

Is going to be used while he shifts gears driving away from Vegas next season.

he's going to be a colt

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

The337th posted:

Carr's at his peak on crunch time drives, he's always at his worst on drives early-mid game where playing it safe is still an option

pretty sure it's approaching a 100% overtime win rate once you run it through the MrLogan Metrics

He's had like 10 opportunities to do a game winning drive this season and the first one that was converted was yesterday.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Yeah and a lot of the other ones were things he had no control over i.e. Hunters fumble, receivers running into each other, etc.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/PointsBetUSA/status/1594485587683479553

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I still think Carr's mostly fine but geez the Raiders. I don't know how they're this bad. McDaniels is the easy answer but they really ought to be better than they are even with bad coaching.

Of course we're talking about a game vs the Broncos who are in an even worse situation, but that somehow makes everything more bad even though they won.

Nov 6, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

I still think Carr's mostly fine but geez the Raiders. I don't know how they're this bad. McDaniels is the easy answer but they really ought to be better than they are even with bad coaching.

Of course we're talking about a game vs the Broncos who are in an even worse situation, but that somehow makes everything more bad even though they won.

Everyone on the offense seems out of sync like 3 out of every 4 passing plays. Even Carr and Adams. Seems like that goes back coaching.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

The337th posted:

They absolutely should have beat the Cards after the hit on defenseless receiver wasn't called on Renfrow (not that the game should have gone to overtime with all the other bad calls like the Ertz "hold").

The other time Carr lost in OT, the opposing team (chargers iirc?) scored a TD on their opening drive and he didn't get to touch the ball.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
late, but always relevant

Pontius Pilate posted:

so this is what it’s like being a chargers fan huh

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

lmao remember when the Raiders lost a game because two receivers ran into each other?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

lmao remember when the Raiders lost a game because two receivers ran into each other?

Which time?

Nov 6, 2002

Can't believe the refs caused that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

LiquidFriend posted:

Was it this one?