Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Talking about cast iron or air fryer's is the equivalent to still complaining about Max winning in 2021.

There is no need to buy unsalted butter. You're not a loving scientist measuring out your chemicals to the parts per million. Use the salted butter that actually tastes good, your family and friends will hate you less.

Unsalted butter is used a lot in making sauces or soups because you're adding salt to those things already and you don't want the salt in the butter to oversalt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MustardFacial posted:

Unsalted butter is used a lot in making sauces or soups because you're adding salt to those things already and you don't want the salt in the butter to oversalt it.

Why in the gently caress are you making sauces when the sauce problem has already been solved??

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I don't think I've ever seen a sauce recipe call for unsalted butter.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

MustardFacial posted:

people say this like it's some fact but it's never been a problem for me

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I don't put any ingredients into any of my food, this allows me to avoid the chance of putting too much of something in.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

marshalljim posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a sauce recipe call for unsalted butter.

Stop getting all your sauce recipes from SimplySara

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

the paradigm shift posted:

I've made pate brisee with all salted butter before and it's a little much.

Edit: this dessert is the #1 all time, make it: http://weekendloafer.com/2011/09/21/tarte-tatin-aux-poire/

Bip Roberts fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 21, 2022

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
The only thing with induction is your pots have to be magnetic, so we had a bunch that didn't work. They also need a large surface area so it's hard to find a wok that's functional with it.

Anything stainless steel or cast iron will work just fine.

The biggest perk is boiling water super fast

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
How will preparing hot pockets change with an induction stove?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
The little hot pocket sleeve works directly on the induction stove.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

the paradigm shift posted:

Shame on everyone advocating stainless steel pans. Stainless steel has terrible heat conductivity. Use carbon steel instead, copper if you want to be bougie and show off.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

The only thing with induction is your pots have to be magnetic, so we had a bunch that didn't work. They also need a large surface area so it's hard to find a wok that's functional with it.

Anything stainless steel or cast iron will work just fine.

The biggest perk is boiling water super fast

Searing steaks perfectly is also incredibly easy since you can set most induction ranges to a temperature rather than just an arbitrary low-medium-high.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

slave to my cravings posted:

The little hot pocket sleeve works directly on the induction stove.

Guaranteed virality if you make your own induction-compatible Hot Pocket sleeve and TikTok it.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

MustardFacial posted:

Shame on everyone advocating stainless steel pans. Stainless steel has terrible heat conductivity.

Which is why every stainless steel pan in existence has an aluminum base or layer(s) of aluminum cladding.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

marshalljim posted:

Which is why every stainless steel pan in existence has an aluminum base or layer(s) of aluminum cladding.

Until you start cooking something with high acidity and the binding metals (nickel, manganese) start leeching into your food.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I watch F1, I'm already brain damaged. Some metals leeching into my food isn't going to make it noticeably worse.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Oscar :piss:astri

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Thanks Ants posted:

I watch F1, I'm already brain damaged. Some metals leeching into my food isn't going to make it noticeably worse.

:hmmyes:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VRspdhQs5M

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos
These videos that they put out are top notch.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I definitely feel dumber after watching F1 this year but gently caress it I'm already too far down the rabbit hole.

Save yourselves!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Kirios posted:

I definitely feel dumber after watching F1 this year but gently caress it I'm already too far down the rabbit hole.

Save yourselves!

I feel like a triumphant hero, educated and with highly developed critical thinking skills, and also very stylish and cool, after watching MotoGP this year. Goondolences, car watchers! #forzaducati

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

what is the worst track on the grid and why is it Miami

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there are worse circuits but I hate silverstone the most op

it's not even that it's objectively bad or anything, there's just something about it that i hate

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it's not even that it's objectively bad or anything, there's just something about it that i hate

No, it is objectively bad as well.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's in the midlands, in the uk, it never stood a chance hth

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I didn't really like Silverstone but now it has the Hamilton Straight so it's rad

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

MustardFacial posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifoN_vDtgiQ&t=67s

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Searing steaks perfectly is also incredibly easy since you can set most induction ranges to a temperature rather than just an arbitrary low-medium-high.

I mean you want to just always set at max for finishing out of the perfectly temperature controlled sous vide so idk how induction having a temp number setting helps that.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Too fraudulently british OP h2h

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

SocksAndSandals posted:

what is the worst track on the grid and why is it Miami

It's Saudi OP

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

it's monaco

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TheBacon posted:

Too fraudulently british OP h2h

I'm beginning to think that everything British is incredibly fail ftl and AIDS op

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They should ditch Monaco so I never have to hear "the jewel in the F1 crown" said ever again

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
But the people's hero (Nico) is from Monaco which makes it cool and good

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
They’re actually talking about Valtieri Bottas when they say that OP

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

for anybody considering getting a macbook m2, there are p good deals on 'old' macbook m1 pro right now but still insanely fast, cheers

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

ethanol posted:

for anybody considering getting a macbook m2, there are p good deals on 'old' macbook m1 pro right now but still insanely fast, cheers

I've thought about the pro but realized for the same price I can just buy a new Air every year and throw the old one away.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

I've thought about the pro but realized for the same price I can just buy a new Air every year and throw the old one away.

i like my 14 pro cause it has 120 hz screen and a hdmi port

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Worst track is now Vegas