Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

No Wave posted:

I'm at 85, CL594 and half of my opponents are still bots no matter when I play. I'm starting to believe there really is a CL600 breakpoint that matches you with players deeper into pool 3 and sticking at 594 makes it hard for the matchmaker (I've still never played against anyone with a title).

It’s definitely there. As soon as I rolled over to 600 like 90% of the bots vanished. If you’re trying for infinite I highly recommend holding under 600 as long as you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

No wonder I've been doing worse after 600 :smith:

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Serperoth posted:

No wonder I've been doing worse after 600 :smith:

Yeah I can't tell if it's matching up by MMR/rank and these people who have played the game more just suck against people with collections similar to them or if it's a complete free for all

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I don’t know if it was 600 but yeah there was definitely a sudden change from nearly everyone being bots or pool 2 players to Nearly everyone having avatars and titles and a bunch of cards I don’t have.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Studio posted:

How usable is Leech? He seems great for a meta that doesn't really exist at Early Pool 2. Turn 5 is just too important :ohdear:

A turn 4 Leech can be devastating if you can pull it off reliably, maybe with Psylocke or Electro precisely because turn 5 is so important.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I see psylocke called only ok a lot but I don't get why. She seems insane, maybe the strongest pool 3 card. What am I missing?

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I think people remember all the times she showed up late. She’s a really good combo enabler but she’s kinda like the opening act, you notice more when she’s missing.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

No Wave posted:

I see psylocke called only ok a lot but I don't get why. She seems insane, maybe the strongest pool 3 card. What am I missing?

I am messing around with a deck that isn't extremely great but I've been having fun.

Armor
Psylocke
Electro
Jubilee
Dracula
J Jones
White Tiger
Spider-Man
Zola
Odin
Gigante
Infinite

When I get psylocke as an opener it's usually decent snap conditions. It gets wasted sometimes, though, so I might swap in another 4 drop.

I'm wishing for lockjaw but I'm not sure what else to do to increase viability. It is a bad deck but I will male it work.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 21, 2022

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I like that the avatar is the only unique reward under rank 100 each season. The infinite cardback gives folks something to push for but aside from that the rank rewards are nice to get but don't feel bad if you miss out. It helps keep rank from feeling too brutal.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have Psylocke in my Wong deck and she can definitely help, but 9 times out of 10 she shows up when I don’t need her. If I’m going to play a 4 energy card on turn 4 and I don’t have any 1 energy cards to play, she’s not very helpful.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Okay, swapped Armor for Sunspot to soak up all of the extra unused energy and it's definitely an improvement.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Wait, when does pool 1 stop? Because I'm at like level 155 and I have way more than 46 cards.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Wait, when does pool 1 stop? Because I'm at like level 155 and I have way more than 46 cards.

You unlock your last pool 1 card at CL 214.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
So I'm drawing from all three pools currently? Or just one and two?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jack B Nimble posted:

So I'm drawing from all three pools currently? Or just one and two?

Just one, but you got cards from the recruit season and started with some cards too

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ah, right, I mentally counted all of that as Pool 1 but I can see now how it's distinct.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I do enjoy how the meta changes going through the pools. Like, I need to get my Squirrel Girl Infinite border ASAP because Killmonger is starting to stomp on my hopes and dreams.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Something I observed in Pool 2 stays true in Pool 3 - the retreat mechanic punishes control decks heavily unless you’re coddling your win con until last drop.

The minute you gut their plans people just bail with really no penalty.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Man I don't love pool 3 so far. I got lucky with my cards in theory. I was able to build a pretty good destroy deck with the cards I have gotten but I just keep running into Armors and poo poo and I just want to play a deck I like instead of the ones it keeps giving me cards for.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

You could homebrew something you think will work with what you have. Don't underestimate this. If your opponent has a harder time reading what you're doing, then they'll have a harder time knowing what to expect.

Also, what Pool 3 cards do you have so far?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Welp did it 15 ranks in 110 games or so judging by the vibranium event. CL594 tech is real 40% of my opponents were bots.

Leader makes the bots cheat their rear end off it is blatant. They'll even play literally nothing if your Jubilee pulls Leader, it is crazy to see.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 22, 2022

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Quackles posted:

You could homebrew something you think will work with what you have. Don't underestimate this. If your opponent has a harder time reading what you're doing, then they'll have a harder time knowing what to expect.

Also, what Pool 3 cards do you have so far?

I’m still trying to mentally adjust to this but it’s so true. You’d much rather have a 50% win rate deck that is unfamiliar to the opponent (or even better, looks like junk) than an 80% win rate deck that is obvious from t4 (like wong, for example). It basically is a hard check on a meta - anything that looks unstoppable is going to end up being not worth running

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Got a couple decent pool 3 cards finally with wong and thor, been having good luck with this deck:

# (1) Elektra
# (1) Rocket Raccoon
# (2) Star-Lord
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Morph
# (3) Thor
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Wong
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Gamora
# (5) Spider-Woman
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVzc2ljYUpvbmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGlkZXJXb21hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9ycGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldvbmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWt0cmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJvY2tldFJhY2Nvb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25oZWFydCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3RhcmxvcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbW9yYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGhvciJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Thinking about swapping electro for morph.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Imo elektra and rocket and Star lord and morph should go, and I’d throw in Hulk and America (jubilee needs more big boys, elektra doesn’t do much for you here and is a brutal pull) and probably two of Killmonger, Enchantress white queen and Shang Chi. Or maybe storm to really take advantage of gamora and Jess jones

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

buffalo all day posted:

Imo elektra and rocket and Star lord and morph should go, and I’d throw in Hulk and America (jubilee needs more big boys, elektra doesn’t do much for you here and is a brutal pull) and probably two of Killmonger, Enchantress white queen and Shang Chi. Or maybe storm to really take advantage of gamora and Jess jones

Yeah I was thinking storm too! In case there is a really bad location. Thanks for the tips will try it out!

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

priznat posted:

Yeah I was thinking storm too! In case there is a really bad location. Thanks for the tips will try it out!

good luck goon, congrats on wong btw!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Heck yeah wong and odin rule. What’s the best on reveal card to synergize with that pair? Jubilee runs out of space to fit more cards!

E: white tiger maybe?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

priznat posted:

Heck yeah wong and odin rule. What’s the best on reveal card to synergize with that pair? Jubilee runs out of space to fit more cards!

I have had White Tiger used to pretty good effect against me. Black Panther a couple of times too, when they want to really own a given location

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

priznat posted:

Yep agreed, white tiger for multiple locations, black panther for one big dude

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Gambit, live the dream.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I just did Wong-Mystique-Onslaught-Gambit on Onslaught's Citadel and it honest to God took about 20 mins

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Game started and the first location was Sakaar - I drew Shang-Chi and my opponent drew Negative Man.

Was I right to retreat straight away?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Drinkslinger posted:

Game started and the first location was Sakaar - I drew Shang-Chi and my opponent drew Negative Man.

Was I right to retreat straight away?
Yes.

Depending on my mood I would wait until they snapped just to let them live the dream a little.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Got to Rank 60! :toot:

Hopefully with this Reveal Deck I can go a little father. It's much more consistent than my previous one.

suction
Jul 17, 2009
how can you tell when you're playing a bot?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I was doing a task of play 1 power cards so using my kazoo deck and was just steamrolling people, it was weird. All the fancy pool 3 decks I was seeing were now gone. I don't think that kazoo deck has any pool 3 stuff in it maybe that is why?

When you get the angela -> bishop -> kazar -> blue marvel -> tons o ones it is pretty awesome. But even skipping angela/bishop it's still very doable to pull off.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

suction posted:

Usually from the name (simple name like "Sam" or comics one like "Storm") and they make the most bizarre plays imaginable

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

suction posted:

At very high ranks, bots become prescient - including the ability to see the results of any random outcome before it happens. If you face an opponent with the listed tells and they always make ideal opposing plays, they may be inhuman— or just a poker pro.

suction
Jul 17, 2009
Does the infinite card back changes every month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

suction posted:

Does the infinite card back changes every month?

Yep!