Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Elon Musk is truly an innovator, because he shortened the whole "I'm not mad" tweet into a single emoji: 🤣

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Elon Musk is truly an innovator, because he shortened the whole "I'm not mad" tweet into a single emoji: 🤣

he stole that from boomers on facebook

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1594789972015546368?s=20&t=7palVXEK-YxZ3XP9wrbwpw
Israel is pissed.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

mobby_6kl posted:

Holy poo poo did we miss this?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1594737017094545413

because that's just :negative:

...Why does he respond directly to this Cat Turd guy like he's loving customer support? Who is Cat Turd to rise to this level of prominence?

Jesus christ does this guy ever log off?

Does this dude just sit around jacking off while waiting for wierd randos to @him? Man being rich is not at all what I thought it was.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
this is all he does

he's a sad loving loser

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

TulliusCicero posted:

...Why does he respond directly to this Cat Turd guy like he's loving customer support? Who is Cat Turd to rise to this level of prominence?

The richest man on earth is desperate for Catturd2 to notice him and tell him how awesome and handsome he is. Which might be the most pathetic thing I've seen in this entire afternoon

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Elon becoming besties with catturd is one I didn't see coming but should have expected

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

This will surely get advertisers back to Twitter

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

TulliusCicero posted:

Yeah, during his 2am all hands on deck meetings where he demands the H1 visa holders explain what a software stack is.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Elon's followers are 70% bots gargling his balls while he desperately tries to make friends.

I would not accept his wealth if it meant I had to be him as well.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
mods back in the 00s used to rail on people who had the "posting disease" - they wouldn't stop poo poo posting and were miserable and dig themselves so loving deep and just not stop. they felt like they had to respond to any and all criticism while making themselves look like huge loving loser idiot weirdos.

we get to see it happen with trump, kanye, and now musk

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I really hope this is the timeline where Mossad ends up black bagging Elon :allears:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

am I crazy or did he tag Taylor Swift in this for some reason?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That "conversation".

The turd being all smug about how the world didn't end (because Trump didn't actually tweet anything)
Musky, the richest man in the world, replying to that rear end in a top hat at all
Musky making GBS threads on Trent Reznor of all people

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

TulliusCicero posted:

I really hope this is the timeline where Mossad ends up black bagging Elon :allears:

he has his (Jewish) lawyer in his responses backing him up on platforming an unabashed antisemite.

Isn't there a word for Jewish people that do that?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

mobby_6kl posted:

That "conversation".

The turd being all smug about how the world didn't end (because Trump didn't actually tweet anything)
Musky, the richest man in the world, replying to that rear end in a top hat at all
Musky making GBS threads on Trent Reznor of all people

I missed something, why is he making GBS threads on Trent?

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Outrail posted:

Trent Reznor left twitter and musk is a huge crybaby and can’t help but comment to/on everyone who walks out.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Outrail posted:

Because Trent Reznor said “Twitter is loving lame” and deleted his account.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Frank Frank posted:

Because Trent Reznor said “Twitter is loving lame” and deleted his account.

Lol

Trillhouse posted:

he has his (Jewish) lawyer in his responses backing him up on platforming an unabashed antisemite.

Maybe Quisling, but that's a Nordish term

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

mobby_6kl posted:

Elon should work for Regal Cinema with that talent in projecting.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Trillhouse posted:

"Shmuck" is technically Yiddish, but works well enough.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Elon should work for Regal Cinema with that talent in projecting.

i think he should work in a sewer

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Trillhouse posted:

Every time I think this dude has hit rock loving bottom, every minute he manages to reach new unfathomable depths of human waste barge

Jesus wept

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i think he should work in a sewer

then he can move on up from sewer man and crowdfund a dog shack

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
gently caress yeah Trent

Dude has a million times the creativity and charisma of lumpy boy musk

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

mobby_6kl posted:

Strong "yelling 'quitter!' at someone who's already left the room" energy in this tweet.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

kazil posted:

am I crazy or did he tag Taylor Swift in this for some reason?

It’s not in the embed but he did indeed include Taylor Swift on his reply to Israel

He is a very stable genius

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

That’s like saying Twitter and Facebook aren’t toxic shitpiles because some sweet grandmas post about bake sales.

Nextdoor is staggeringly bad even by social network standards

https://the-ard.com/2022/01/31/nextdoor-racist-problem-modernizes-racial-profiling/?amp=1

No. It's a horrible platform, no doubt. It doesn't promote racism, but its algorithms promote racist posts in neighbourhoods where an interest in being racist is high.

I don't live in such an area so any time I log in it's lost/found cat pics and people trying to give away unwanted poo poo, because nobody in my area is making posts about a black man looking suspicious while waiting for a bus.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Trillhouse posted:

I think Kapo? Bit historically problematic

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Steadiman posted:

The richest man on earth is desperate for Catturd2 to notice him and tell him how awesome and handsome he is. Which might be the most pathetic thing I've seen in this entire afternoon

This afternoon, yes, but the priest/harlot thing with Trump still takes top prize for the week, even though it’s only Monday. And probably for this entire saga, really.

Inzombiac posted:

Elon's followers are 70% bots gargling his balls while he desperately tries to make friends.

I’m actually really interested to read analysis of Twitter bot-farms — who runs them, how they evade blocking measures. It would be doubly hilarious to be able to compare aggregate bot availability/reliability to the same metrics about Twitter itself at the moment. Despite the promises, it seems like they just keep on postin’, doublin’ everybody’s crypto in Elon’s good name…

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

koshmar posted:

It’s not in the embed but he did indeed include Taylor Swift on his reply to Israel

He is a very stable genius

...Is it because of his bestest and totally real friend Ye has a beef with her? What a loving wierdo

Okay, this is a psy-op by the GOP isn't it? They are trying to rehabilitate Trump by having Kanye and Musk be completely loving batshit and awful to make Trump look good by comparison aren't they.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Sockser posted:

This innocuous nothing post I made on nextdoor is now over 100 replies from boomers who assume every software dev is 20, gargling trump's balls, yelling about minimum wage, etc
I don't understand their responses. It's like they've been waiting days to unload strawmen they've cooked up in their brains but are too scared to do so on other sites. Losee seems to think you work at Twitter. Alexy is on an entirely different planet. Kinzler is...lmao.

God drat, these people are dumb as gently caress. This is the same kind of poo poo that got me to stop using Facebook. I can't handle the stupidity.

Saying Nextdoor is full of people calling the police on black people is definitely true for my area. Also Mexicans. The app has been co-opted by boomers who dream of running an HOA, but find that the app is the next best thing. It's full of complaints and "DID YOU SEE THE LATINOE FELLOW WALKING WITH A BACKPACK? I THINK THE BAG WAS FULL OF STOLEN GOODS, THE ONES STOLEN OFF THOSE PEOPLE'S LAWNS 5 WEEKS AGO." Someone's dog got out and ran way and 100% of the comments were "the Mexicans stole the dog and were selling it on the street corner." Some old hag was actually using Air BnB specifically to find people in our neighborhood to report for renting parts of their own property out for extra cash. She got one house investigated by the city for reasons unknown, and someone else had to remove a trailer from their own land due to her.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

TulliusCicero posted:

...Is it because of his bestest and totally real friend Ye has a beef with her? What a loving wierdo

Okay, this is a psy-op by the GOP isn't it? They are trying to rehabilitate Trump by having Kanye and Musk be completely loving batshit and awful to make Trump look good by comparison aren't they?

Kanye and Elon probably will hang out together, because no one else will.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The country of Israel is upset at Twitter for platforming a notorious anti-Semite and its CEO is doing the Bart Simpson "C'mon, I thought you were cool 🤣"

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I got banned from Nextdoor from replying to every single post in my neighborhood with, “It’s not gunfire, it’s a car backfiring” (regardless of topic) and refusing to stop when some passive-aggressive moderator person ordered me to quit it.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
nextdoor sucks so i shitpost to the neighbor alerts section of the ring app

"Saw a goat at park, please come get your goat"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

It's not. I see loads of these terrible nextdoor screenshots and they're nearly always American.

I'm in Ireland and my nextdoor feed is just lost/found pets, people looking to offload unwanted items for free, or complaints about bin collection. I've never seen anything remotely political on there.
This is my experience with it in my area of the US. Sometimes comments to posts skirt the edge of chuddiness but for the most part what I see is people telling others to lock their cars because thieves go through a neighborhood one night, people complaining about dog owners not picking up poo poo (which is totally valid), or someone posting they're throwing something out but if you want it before the trash guys take it it's on the curb.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Hobo Clown posted:

The country of Israel is upset at Twitter for platforming a notorious anti-Semite and its CEO is doing the Bart Simpson "C'mon, I thought you were cool 🤣"

Famously good about taking a joke. ISRAEL

This reality is bonkers. What is going on? "Gets assassinated by the mossad" was not on my bingo card.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TulliusCicero posted:

Okay, this is a psy-op by the GOP isn't it? They are trying to rehabilitate Trump by having Kanye and Musk be completely loving batshit and awful to make Trump look good by comparison aren't they.

I guess the Israel tweet is a reference to the Swift/Ye feud, and she's tagged in the original post. Not sure if the person running Israel's twitter is a chud too or just trying to make light of a lovely situation.

Either way, getting Swift involved in this poo poo seems like a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

PITY BONER posted:

I don't understand their responses. It's like they've been waiting days to unload strawmen they've cooked up in their brains but are too scared to do so on other sites. Losee seems to think you work at Twitter. Alexy is on an entirely different planet. Kinzler is...lmao.

God drat, these people are dumb as gently caress. This is the same kind of poo poo that got me to stop using Facebook. I can't handle the stupidity.

In a week or two when this thread dies down, I plan on just posting "woke" and seeing what happens