Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm drinking a coffee I got from the gas station. It's bad but I'm enjoying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

some plague rats posted:

I'm drinking a coffee I got from the gas station. It's bad but I'm enjoying it

I am sorry, but also, I am glad that you're having a good or perhaps acceptable time.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Who edited Skelly to have tits. Was it you?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

a lot of mario's DK94 moveset landed in mario 64

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

pog boyfriend posted:

worms butthole guy

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I just got to the ship stages and little Game Boy Mario just jumped up and grabbed a rope and fuckin acrobat flipped himself onto the boat and I actually cheered. Game owns

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

lol

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Don't have archives so I'm going to assume they're all quotes from the same guy.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Who edited Skelly to have tits. Was it you?

It was bismuth I think? Having a av with no rude honkers was a poor reflection of myself

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i tried to block worms butthole guys avatar so i dont have to see it anymore but misclicked and made it the background to my desktop :negative:

"misclicked"

Antivehicular posted:

Worms Background Guy

lol

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
good god

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Drinking a coffee. I make a batch of cold brew every couple of days once spring hits but apart from a couple 30+ days lately the weather has been nice enough that im still making a nice cup of espresso when i want a hit

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
For context, the GBS archives go back to early 2002. Things were different back then.

There's 640 pages of threads, at 40 threads a page, so like a lot. The longest thread is

The Official NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

with 2093 posts. By page 50 of the forum you get into threads with less then 100 posts. It's page 471 before you get down into single digit post count threads.

Some classics just from title alone

So my boss thinks I'm a racist...

quote:

I work telephone support for one of the few remaining dot-coms. It's a very popular one, so I often deal with people who don't speak the english so well. Twice in this past week, I've gotten two people who I just could not for the life of me understand. I've been doing customer support for years over the phone, and I'm allways the "Go-To" guy when it comes to difficult to understand accents and so on, and I try my rear end off, but apparently because I "Refused" to help these two people, I'm a racist now.

One was a chinese guy who I could sorta talk with, but when dealing back and forth, I really didn't feel comfortable handling all his information (cellphone stuff), due to me not being sure it was all correct. and if it's wrong, they're locked into a 12 month long contract that'd screw the hell out of them.

The second one was today in ghetto-speak, apparently we're running a TV Promotion for some rap singer "Khia", I'd never heard of it, I couldn't find it in our promotions, so I had a hell of a time trying to pull it up on our machines. I asked them to spell her name, and it came out "Kaye Aych EyeEnenunieieee A", and she pronounced the name "Kaiennne", so I naturaully thought she was spelling it Khina. Obviously I didn't find anything by this. After 3 times of her repeating that mumbled garbage to me, I just asked her to call back and hopefully get someone who could understand her.

Apparently, this makes me racist, that I misunderstand strong accents.

Looking for a particular image... chick in bikini w/gun

quote:

Well I've googled for the past two days and just can't find this damned image. I was at a friend's campus, and we visited one of his other buddies dorms. This guy had a big poster of a blonde chick in a black bikini with a gun. If this looks familiar to anyone please give me a hand. I have drawn a picture to discribe what it looked like from the best of my memory.

TIA kTHX BYEZ!!1

How can I convince my gf to dress up for Episode II?

quote:

Especially since she isn't down with the whole nerd culture....

I want to get her to go with me (Anakin) dressed as Padme to the opening night here in Seattle. You know, the white outfit in the trailers. (She can pull it off, and sort of looks like Portman in a vauge way. I am probably the same height and weight as Hayden, but thats about it) This opening should be a big deal, especially with the asspopes waiting in line for the past 4 months here.

I can get decent costumes no problem, but she isn't too keen on the whole drssing up deal. I have never dressed up for anything ever, and normally think it is a little excessive and...out there....but I am such a loving starwars geek that I almost can't help myself.

I know there are fools around here who have gotten their chicks to take a walk down the exceptionally nerdy path before, what did you have to do to get her to go along? If you have, post pictures or something so she will beleive me that people have done this before. (Not furry)

Side note: Any goons planning on going to the opening at the Cinerama?

What was the stupidest thing you've ever done for money?

quote:

In high school my friend Thomas and I had the "who will lick the stupidest thing for absolutely no reward" contest. We licked the walls, the benches, the undersides of desks, the trash cans, etc. Neither of us could do something the other was unwilling to do. Eventually I licked our friend Tim in the back of the neck. I was the winner for a couple weeks, cause after that Tim was really wary around us and he just KNEW Thomas was going to lick him at the first chance he got. Thomas snuck up on him after two weeks or so, and the contest was declared a draw.

Doing stupid things for free makes you a guy who can take a good dare. Doing stupid things for money makes you a whore.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

who is worms butthole guy

He's some guy who was so annoying that Wormskull took a pic of his rear end and made it the man's avatar. And he didn't change it so eventually an admin renamed him. I guess he's just owned being the worms butthole guy now, which is so pathetic lol.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

pentyne posted:

For context, the GBS archives go back to early 2002. Things were different back then.

There's 640 pages of threads, at 40 threads a page, so like a lot. The longest thread is

The Official NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

with 2093 posts. By page 50 of the forum you get into threads with less then 100 posts. It's page 471 before you get down into single digit post count threads.

Some classics just from title alone

So my boss thinks I'm a racist...

Looking for a particular image... chick in bikini w/gun

How can I convince my gf to dress up for Episode II?

What was the stupidest thing you've ever done for money?

And then you have HAHAAHah! ME AND MY FRIENDS SMEARED POOP ALL OVER THE WALLS @ SCHOOL!!! in the 2004 goldmine

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Heath posted:

I've never played the Game Boy Donkey Kong game before because I always assumed it was just Donkey Kong, on Game Boy. Which it is, but it is also so much more than that, also the music rips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rQ6kuo8No8

I had this!!! It indeed owned

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Again, there is something juicy happening in the mod guidelines thread. I SEE YOU POSTING IN THERE

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

He's some guy who was so annoying that Wormskull took a pic of his rear end and made it the man's avatar. And he didn't change it so eventually an admin renamed him. I guess he's just owned being the worms butthole guy now, which is so pathetic lol.

This entire time I thought it was about worms the videogame, and also his own butthole

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Goons knew

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Literally A Person posted:

Again, there is something juicy happening in the mod guidelines thread. I SEE YOU POSTING IN THERE

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Thanksgiving Slurs Discord??

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Gonna celebrate my birthday by not moderating this thread which barely needed any for awhile anyway. Go buckwild.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Gonna celebrate my birthday by not moderating this thread which barely needed any for awhile anyway. Go buckwild.

Well happy fuckin birthday!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Happy Birthday, you old so-and-so! 🥳

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

HBD.

Now let's commit some forums crimes

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Happy birthday! Go eat something delicious and post it on Facebook for white people to get mad at! Or skip the last part, idk

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MarcusSA posted:

Well happy fuckin birthday!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

so anyway about covid

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Framerates

Wait wrong thread

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

hbd u r pardoned by jeffrey for any one (1) posting crime

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Since rhino says he is taking time off I thought I would look through my imgur folder for something inappropriate to post.

I found something and it reminded me of this.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

anyone remember the amalgoons thread, where people photoshopped pictures of goons from AYB and helldump probably, then made them into horrifying monsters with like 6 limbs or mouths where their hands should be and hands where their nipples should be or whatever

here's the thread but all the images are gone:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2692680

e: here's a surviving image, proudly hosted on photobucket

possibly :nws:https://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i154/hellbastard/goongrinder1-1.jpg

more, also nws: https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=336206721

e2: this image made by SA's favorite diaperfurry

I was in college several years back and most of the kids along with me were in their late teens or early twenties. They got a good laugh out of this image, I didn't explain the context - didn't need too:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

kook

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Where is ol' Boba?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

Where is ol' Boba?

Fett or Tea?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hey happy birthday

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3980469

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/8KimuXw.jpeg:nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Hello, old friend

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

MarcusSA posted:

Fett or Tea?

Tea. I sent.that PA out like 20 minutes ago.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Valko posted:

Since rhino says he is taking time off I thought I would look through my imgur folder for something inappropriate to post.

I found something and it reminded me of this.

I was in college several years back and most of the kids along with me were in their late teens or early twenties. They got a good laugh out of this image, I didn't explain the context - didn't need too:

lmao