Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

It'll be interesting to see what Elon comes up with to try and solve Twitter's money problems. I'm guessing he'll roll out more "features" like $8 verification to try and nickel-and-dime his chud followers, and odds are these new features will be pretty buggy on release, and will likely make Twitter's technical issues worse.

Remember when Telsa bought SolarCity to bail out his cousins? I don't think he can get away with having Tesla or SpaceX buy Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Trent Reznor wrote Hurt but he's never pretended to cut down trees on the internet that's a good point

e: lol he actually claims he was being sarcastic after a bunch of people calling him dumb and posting pics of NIN muscles. I'm gonna miss twitter so much :(

vaginite fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 22, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
https://twitter.com/steinkobbe/status/1594776830107652096

100% accurate

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Can someone repost the story of Elon getting handed the camera by a silicone valley fan? tia

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jack-white-quits-twitter-elon-musk-donald-trump-1234634462/

Jack White Quits Twitter, Calls Elon Musk’s Trump Reinstatement ‘A–hole Move’

"This is straight up you trying to help a fascist have a platform so you can eventually get your tax breaks," musician wrote

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Soylent Pudding posted:

Can someone repost the story of Elon getting handed the camera by a silicone valley fan? tia

also can someone repost the story of lemon getting socked in the schnoz by a righteous bro

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

heavy liquid posted:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jack-white-quits-twitter-elon-musk-donald-trump-1234634462/

Jack White Quits Twitter, Calls Elon Musk’s Trump Reinstatement ‘A–hole Move’

"This is straight up you trying to help a fascist have a platform so you can eventually get your tax breaks," musician wrote

gently caress yeah Jack White owns too. Love seeing cool folks bail on this idiot.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Jack White is good people.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Billie Eilish says I showed her my "gross weird dick" without consent but PresidentGaybrahamLincoln69 says I'm pretty cool so who's right to judge me? Nobody knows.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Still can’t get over that someone who chooses to go by the handle @catturd2 (because @catturd was taken?!!?) is part of the national loving discourse.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Is catturd2 somebody in particular? I keep seeing them come up but have absolutely no context.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Is catturd2 somebody in particular? I keep seeing them come up but have absolutely no context.

Some alt right idiot who lucked out and got musk’s attention basically.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh, bleah. Dumb and disappointing, much like Elon himself

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Chuds desperately want catturd to be their right wing dril but they are completely unfunny and cringe

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Chuds desperately want catturd to be their right wing dril but they are completely unfunny and cringe

What makes dril left wing?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

nexous posted:

Dril can be funny, ipso facto, left wing.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

nexous posted:

The part where dril’s poo poo is funny

e:f;b

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Sockser posted:

In a week or two when this thread dies down, I plan on just posting "woke" and seeing what happens

As soon as the discourse starts getting spicy, you should come back and reply with something to the effect of, "Sorry, my phone must've posted when I put it into my bag. What I meant to say was 'Woke up this morning to another beautiful day in an awesome, welcoming community! Hope you guys all have a great one!'"

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I just want you guys to know that, despite precedent, if I had 200 billion dollars I wouldn't need any one of you nobodies to like me

But right now I have 8 dollars and I'd appreciate if you like me

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/iamgabesanchez/status/1594810914812960772

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

If I had a million dollars, I’d buy you a monkey

Haven’t you always wanted a monk-ee

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Chainclaw posted:

what else are they going to do while pooping?

Can't speak for anyone else, but I jerk off. And since I'm definitely going to want my phone for that, I'm having a hard time finding a case for Twitter.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

vaginite posted:

I just want you guys to know that, despite precedent, if I had 200 billion dollars I wouldn't need any one of you nobodies to like me

But right now I have 8 dollars and I'd appreciate if you like me

I like you, forums user "vaginite"

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

priznat posted:

(Not a real blue tick, that's cruel)

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

priznat posted:

It's like the scene in donny brasco where he gets a lion and the next scene is them at a burger joint feeding it 30 burgers through a cracked window in their cadillac.
"Look at this thing. Its a fuckin insult."

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 22, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Unkempt posted:

:lmao:

Preoptopus posted:

It's like the scene in donny brasco where he gets a lion and the next scene is them at a burger joint feeding it 30 burgers through a cracked window in their cadillac.
"And I get this"

Haha yeah god that would be the worst present

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

*addressing the Woke Committee* If Twitter dies can we say go musk go bust

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

LOL these people are in a hopeless masculinity cargo cult
I'M THE ALPHA
*kicks puppies*
WEAK RUNTS OUT OF MY WAY
LOOK HOW STRONG AND MASCULINE I AM RN
I EAT LOTS OF MANLY MEAT
TESTOSTERONE FILLED MEAT FROM MAN-COWS AND MAN-CHICKENS

Trent Reznor being a real dude
Rescuing retired racing dogs :3:

A real man who doesn't need to peacock to win respect.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
HAIL

THE

PROPHET

kazil posted:

There aren't any layoffs planned because he does then unplanned. Surprise layoffs

https://mobile.twitter.com/caseynewton/status/1594712990254702592

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Woke Local 117 represent

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol god why are manosphere dudes all such losers

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Buce posted:

I like you, forums user "vaginite"

:glomp:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
is there any chance that Tate guy has active warrants and is arrestable like at the airport?

would be nice if he tried to pull an Assange by holing up in birdsite HQ or Musk's place.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

not sure that's the *only* problem

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Because it’s all a grift

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Don't worry, Elon. I have a fool proof strategy to get you out of here: surprise layoffs, each more surprising than the last. I tell you, the stock price won't know what hit him!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

The Saddest Rhino posted:

https://twitter.com/Cobratate/status/1593923752223543296

I don't know, he seems very mature and not at all targeting children

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Wendigee posted:

that can't be real

Finally, Elon's gonna turn this all around. He got rid of all the useless dead weight employees who were wasting company time sipping lattes, and now the only people that are left are the best of the best. The elite, high achievers who will put in all the work because they're serious, hardworking people. Now, onto the next phase of his master plan: treat them all like elementary school children and assign weekly homework.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
Is that a bottle of Chivas? Like the scotch I buy when I'm broke? Facingthe camera? Is he drinking scotch while smoking a cigar (incorectly) and drinking a cofee? Was he exhaling cigar smoke into his scotch glass while drinking it? What the gently caress is happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Unkempt posted:

:nice: