Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Here's mine

I really don't find the defensive ones all that compelling as one point in shield will keep you safe until they do so much damage and there are so many of them it doesn't matter anymore

My 35 minute run was with Warlock (+100% meteor damage but 15% increased cooldown). Maxed meteor out with volcano (explodes, leaves a lava pool behind), maxed lava zone (huge size one), maxed electric zone (size, damage), maxed ray (forms a ray on the opposite side), maxed incineration (increased size over time), maxed magic circle (CDR). Also had a decent amount in Frost Nova and maxed passives of the explosion size and magic duration.

Big artifacts I had were the 35% chance to cast additional meteor, every 3 meteor casts it increases power by 2.5x, the 10% enemy movement speed slow and towards the end the biggest one was the legendary Iron Maiden (18% chance enemies explode on death for 75% of their max hp)

Then had the mastery that increased all magic explosion by 20% and then increased all magic damage by total magic explosion. Ended up with 74% all magic explosion which meant the meteor explosions were huge and with the maxed volcano version left large lava pools behind

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Sure, I can see that. Similarly, I don't understand the phasing ability. Until you max it out, it seems that the Spirit artifact does the same thing, but permanently instead of a couple seconds every so often, so why bother?

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Why is the game vertically skewed? So irritating.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What do you mean?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

hooah posted:

Sure, I can see that. Similarly, I don't understand the phasing ability. Until you max it out, it seems that the Spirit artifact does the same thing, but permanently instead of a couple seconds every so often, so why bother?

cloaking? no idea, don't think Ive ever put even one point into it

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

cloaking? no idea, don't think Ive ever put even one point into it

I hadn't until I worked on the role that starts with it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I got a 44 minute run all thanks to the iron maiden artifacts.

Passive upgrades are really good too.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Renegret posted:

I got a 44 minute run all thanks to the iron maiden artifacts.

Passive upgrades are really good too.

Yeah Iron Maiden seems pretty essential for the longer runs

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Does anyone have all the artifacts? I'm stuck at 100/101.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

hooah posted:

Does anyone have all the artifacts? I'm stuck at 100/101.

Yeah I'm at 101/101

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Been playing Dungeon Merchant, pretty fun little auto dungeon crawler/shopkeeper game. It's not super deep as far as I can tell but it's a nice chill semi-idle kind of thing.

Silius
Apr 24, 2010
Isle of Arrows

I picked this up today and have been having a lot of fun. Rougelike tower defense with tile placement. Really fresh ideas.

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012

Here's mine

I really don't find the defensive ones all that compelling as one point in shield will keep you safe until they do so much damage and there are so many of them it doesn't matter anymore

My 35 minute run was with Warlock (+100% meteor damage but 15% increased cooldown). Maxed meteor out with volcano (explodes, leaves a lava pool behind), maxed lava zone (huge size one), maxed electric zone (size, damage), maxed ray (forms a ray on the opposite side), maxed incineration (increased size over time), maxed magic circle (CDR). Also had a decent amount in Frost Nova and maxed passives of the explosion size and magic duration.

Big artifacts I had were the 35% chance to cast additional meteor, every 3 meteor casts it increases power by 2.5x, the 10% enemy movement speed slow and towards the end the biggest one was the legendary Iron Maiden (18% chance enemies explode on death for 75% of their max hp)

Then had the mastery that increased all magic explosion by 20% and then increased all magic damage by total magic explosion. Ended up with 74% all magic explosion which meant the meteor explosions were huge and with the maxed volcano version left large lava pools behind

Finally broke 30min on the last level following most of these recommendations. Thanks!

Silius posted:

Isle of Arrows

I picked this up today and have been having a lot of fun. Rougelike tower defense with tile placement. Really fresh ideas.
Thanks for the rec. Had some extra google bux and it's been fun so far.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Silius posted:

Isle of Arrows

This is great. Really murders the ol battery but really digging it so far.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Here's mine

This worked great and let me finish off the 30 Minute time on each.

Has there been any talk of more content or anything. It still fun to play but now that I don't have much to work for (just getting more Research points I guess) it doesn't have as much appeal.

Are there any of the clones that are any good that are not just "watch an ad ever 2 minutes"

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

This is one of those times where we get a bunch of posts in a row about something but nobody mentions the name of the game. Looks interesting though

Unrelated, I realized Unciv has a portrait mode and my battery life ain't been so good ever since. Pretty decent mobile Civ-like, hard to put down

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

The Duggler posted:

This is one of those times where we get a bunch of posts in a row about something but nobody mentions the name of the game. Looks interesting though

Magic Survival

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Thanks 🙂

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Silius posted:

Isle of Arrows

This is really quite excellent. Speaking to the discussion we've been having, it's a great portrait mode game. If I had any quibbles is that it would be the art style makes it a bit hard to remember which "payoff" buildings exist (there are a few that do something if a tile is completely surrounded or if the tile is destroyed but they're rapidly lost in a sea of identical-looking white buildings with brown roofs, and that I would love t he game to be a little less tight about where I can place path tiles, or at least let me demolish tiles freely without having to place items on top. It's too easy to accidentally deadlock yourself because you have a two-tile-wide set of structures you can't blow up because it would block a path tile. I would also like some of the other factions to not be as strictly challenge factions!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I'm liking Isle of Arrows, but I really hate the fact that it just creates a new goal every so many waves.

Also holy crap does it suck battery. I basically only play it plugged into the computer using scrcpy

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CainFortea posted:

I'm liking Isle of Arrows, but I really hate the fact that it just creates a new goal every so many waves.

Also holy crap does it suck battery. I basically only play it plugged into the computer using scrcpy

Yeah I always kind of hate when these games add multiple goals that force you to split your focus. It's probably more interesting than throwing more waves into a single lane but it irritates me bc I want to set up a killbox, damnit. And yeah the battery is actually in issue with the game. I don't play it much because one long run will easily take a quarter of more of my battery.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I've been playing Chimera Recollect for a few days and enjoying it so far.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.initiasnow.Chimera&hl=en_US&gl=US

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

explosivo posted:

Yeah I always kind of hate when these games add multiple goals that force you to split your focus. It's probably more interesting than throwing more waves into a single lane but it irritates me bc I want to set up a killbox, damnit. And yeah the battery is actually in issue with the game. I don't play it much because one long run will easily take a quarter of more of my battery.

especially with it in portrait mode. I can't watch half the action of the game!

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Anyone try out dungeon of the endless? Looking for some good roguelikes/tactics games to pop on my new fold4. Frankly pretty annoyed with gatcha/freemium stuff so it seems like a solid route to check out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playdigious.dungeonoftheendless

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

w00tmonger posted:

Anyone try out dungeon of the endless? Looking for some good roguelikes/tactics games to pop on my new fold4. Frankly pretty annoyed with gatcha/freemium stuff so it seems like a solid route to check out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playdigious.dungeonoftheendless

I have 54 hours of play time on the Steam version! It's a loving rad game and is tough as nails but I can't imagine playing it on mobile.. It's a roguelike tower defense game where you get random survivors of a prison ship who crash land in an alien dungeon. You're defending this power crystal and are trying to get energy to power rooms so enemies don't spawn and find a path to the end. Rooms have nodes where you can construct auto-guns, defensive structures, or resource generation structures. Every time you open a new door, any dark/unpowered room will spawn enemies that take the shortest path possible to your crystal, so you have to have heroes or defensive structures in the way. Once you find the exit, one of your heroes has to carry your power crystal - which slows them down immensely and prevents them from defending themselves - while every unopened room on the floor opens and starts flooding with enemies, so you better have your route protected. You run into loot, new heroes, and vendors along the way. Everyone has a price to recruit, but if you can't afford them or don't want them they stay in their room and can/will get killed by enemies if they pass by. Same goes for vendors - they defend themselves but aren't rock solid. Occasionally you have to make split second decisions on if you should bail on a room or depower one thing in favor of powering another during an enemy assault and I don't know how that would go on a touch screen. I'd say give it a try though, its incredibly addictive on PC.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
It isn't mobile but if you like Magic Survival I just found Soulstone Survivors on steam for PC, its like Magic Survival but with the graphics of Gunfire Reborn

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
If you're going not mobile, there's vampire survivors. Also I think now that it's on Xbox game pass you can play it via cloud gaming on your mobile.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
+1 to Soulstone Survivors. Pretty and fun horde survival/bullet heaven. Highly recommend Rogue: Genesia for non-mobile as well.

i3lueHorneT
Jun 26, 2010
Android phone games that pair with the anime series Evengelion / Gundam / Ghost in the Shell / Cowboy Bebop / similar - in the style or theme of - anything? thx!

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

i3lueHorneT posted:

Android phone games that pair with the anime series Evengelion / Gundam / Ghost in the Shell / Cowboy Bebop / similar - in the style or theme of - anything? thx!

Honkai Impact had a Evangelion crossover event recently if that's your bag.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Osmosisch posted:

I'm pretty sure the answer is "Get mobile emulators and play translated super robot wars and/or SD Gundam games". I did, and I've never been happier with gaming on my tablet!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Osmosisch posted:

That was time limited and it's long over.

i3lueHorneT
Jun 26, 2010

i3lueHorneT posted:

If this has people scratching heads then maybe loosely similar - stylistically - graphicly - concepts - something?

I would have expected there's dozens of titles & it's just an issue of sorting through f2p garbage - surprised the responses are fairly dry.

IDK some badass anime themed sci fi Android games that aren't free-to-play trash are?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Into the Breach is available on Android through Netflix (no additional cost if you have a Netflix subscription, can't play it without Netflix), if you haven't played it. It's a turn based strategy (versus puzzle game) where mechs jump through timelines trying to hold off an alien attack.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Cytus is a rhythm game, that I think has some sort of metaplot in the anime cyberpunky sphere. I didn't really play it for the plot but it has those vibes.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Neon Chrome was pretty alright iirc. Uplink and Shadowrun Returns are both cool but I have no idea as to the quality of the ports.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Speaking of Cytus, it's been a while since I played it, but Implosion: Never Lose Hope is a sci-fi action game from the same studio that I liked

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

i3lueHorneT posted:

If this has people scratching heads then maybe loosely similar - stylistically - graphicly - concepts - something?

I would have expected there's dozens of titles & it's just an issue of sorting through f2p garbage - surprised the responses are fairly dry.

IDK some badass anime themed sci fi Android games that aren't free-to-play trash are?

Maybe Arknights? I like its setting, character design, and gameplay quite a bit, but it is a gasha game, which sounds like it might not be what you're looking for (although as gasha games go it's very forgiving, all the content is designed so that you can beat it with your starter units if you're good enough).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Microsoft added custom touch controls to the Xbox Cloud version of Vampire Survivors and its pretty cool being able to play on the phone in the gamepass app. They have touch controls already normally but it's the entire Xbox pad mapped and is obviously not a good way to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

I've been playing so much of sloce and dice after the big update. It's so god drat good.

Is there anything else floating out there in the same vein?I'd kill for a proper turn based tactics gsme but there really doesn't seem to a lot out there unless I finally startup on emulators