Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I still have hope for Nathen to be entertaining. Maybe he'll opt for a hard left turn and become a radical environmentalist but then he inexplicably launches his Twitter hashtag by taking a tree hostage at gunpoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Lt. Cock posted:

This thread peaked at Angel Gabby and Maluk

I'd wager even peeking at either Angel Gabby or Malik al-Mulk could melt one's face if unprepared

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Instagram links both 404, but it looks like they must have been prototypes of this post.

It appears Nathen has rented out a soundstage.
https://www.sunsetstudios.com/

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Who is Evan?

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
What if he's named his orange suit

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Frank Frank posted:

Who is Evan?

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1395828156146257927

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Frank Frank posted:

Who is Evan?

He seems like the fabulist-filmmaker equivalent of Nathen, from what we’ve found of him in this thread.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Train wreck coming right up

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
where's the 200 million figure coming from?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Knormal posted:

The Instagram links both 404, but it looks like they must have been prototypes of this post.

Every copyright lawyer in Beverly Hills just got a boner because of this tweet and they don't know why. Yet.

Dude's renting a studio in Hollywood itself to make a Garfield project without clearing the rights to the license.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
@ Sunset Gower Studios

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
Nathfield movie??

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Every copyright lawyer in Beverly Hills just got a boner because of this tweet and they don't know why. Yet.

Dude's renting a studio in Hollywood itself to make a Garfield project without clearing the rights to the license.
I get the feeling he made the first tweet, realized explicitly naming Garfield might be risky, so made the second tweet, and only then discovered you can't delete tweets.

If he's making a "documentary" about Garfield I think he might be able to get away without having the rights under the review/fair use exemption? But I imagine Nickelodeon's going to be keeping a stricter eye on him than some random Garfield fan. Watch him end up forcing Nickelodeon to crack down on Lasagna Cat the way that one Star Trek fan film rear end in a top hat tried to monetize his stuff, forced a Paramount crackdown, and ruined Star Trek fan films for everyone else forever.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

reignofevil posted:

I still have hope for Nathen to be entertaining. Maybe he'll opt for a hard left turn and become a radical environmentalist but then he inexplicably launches his Twitter hashtag by taking a tree hostage at gunpoint.

O ye of little faith! Do you not realize that Nathen takes huge rails of cocaine and crashes repeatedly takes time to carefully and lovingly curate the lols for us? Look below for what you wish for!

Knormal posted:

Peanut Butter posted:

Nathfield movie??

oh my god he's going to create his own Garfield movie dub because he's obsessed with Chris Pratt being the voice of Garfield. Book it and

Binary Badger posted:

Train wreck coming right up

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Nah, like everything Nathen announces he’ll make a dozen IG posts leading up to it and then cancel the event at the last minute

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Frank Frank posted:

Nah, like everything Nathen announces he’ll make a dozen IG posts leading up to it and then cancel the event at the last minute

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Frank Frank posted:

I think what happens is Nathen meets someone at the studio or whatever at a party, they are coked out and go "yeah sure" and the next day when everyone is sober and Nathen is knocking on their door about the business plan they'd agreed to, they have to tell him to please go away.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
if he tries to make a garfield documentary to avoid lawsuits then the whole thing will be crammed full of him airing his personal grievances against anyone he thinks ever wronged him and we might get a random transphobic rant somewhere in the middle too

but yeah it'll never happen

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Tbf the tweet that had video from "Ewan" was from May 2021. Also I'm assuming "you can't delete tweets" is an aftereffect of Elon-twit

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

if he tries to make a garfield documentary to avoid lawsuits then the whole thing will be crammed full of him airing his personal grievances against anyone he thinks ever wronged him and we might get a random transphobic rant somewhere in the middle too

but yeah it'll never happen

Take out the transphobic rant and I'd watch thia

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Tbf the tweet that had video from "Ewan" was from May 2021. Also I'm assuming "you can't delete tweets" is an aftereffect of Elon-twit

he fired the guy in charge of the delete tweet function

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Oh, I thought you couldn't delete tweets ever. Is it that you can't edit them? I don't use Twitter, so I might be way off base. So ignore that part, and I have no idea why Nathen is leaving both versions up then.

Here, someone figure out what he's talking about here instead.
https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1594696619223662593

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Knormal posted:

Oh, I thought you couldn't delete tweets ever. Is it that you can't edit them? I don't use Twitter, so I might be way off base. So ignore that part, and I have no idea why Nathen is leaving both versions up then.

I think his headcanon was askew and in a bad place during human talktime yesterday, and his big boy brain realized this morning that he needs to balance himself by doing more blow off a rentboy's frenulum but it's FINE, DAD

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

It's going to be 45 minutes of a Nathfield talking head reading quotes from his thrombosis book with cuts of him molesting the helpless Garf suit still in the dry cleaners wrap "so.. angry!"

followed by 15 minutes of Nathan standing outside Jim Davis' compound repeatedly being told through an intercom that Jim is with his team enjoying a rest in Turks and Caico and he should get an appointment in two weeks, with Nathan constantly making duck lips at the camera while insisting he must 'speak to his lifelong friend Davis on a matter of life and death'

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Knormal posted:

Oh, I thought you couldn't delete tweets ever. Is it that you can't edit them?

yeah they're not editable but you can delete them

so far

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

He's apparently very mad at not getting an author's discount at a bookstore.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I guarantee he tried to buy his own book so the person at the register would fawn all over him but instead they just stared blankly at him and asked for his credit card

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

Virgin King: signs copies of own book, puts them back on the shelf, shuffles out of the store, never telling a soul
Chad Mazri: struts up to the counter with his book he should already have copies of, demands it for free, publicly shames the bookstore (where he attempted to have at least one public signing of said book, if i recall correctly) on social media

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Escape From Noise posted:

He's apparently very mad at not getting an author's discount at a bookstore.

Wait , why did he need to buy his own book?

Also, I love that he used the hashtag #books

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Duckman2008 posted:

Because he wanted the cashier to go, “OH WOW YOURE THE GUY ON THE COVER” and when they didn’t, they added insult to injury by making full price even after he helpfully pointed it out to them

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Frank Frank posted:

Because he wanted the cashier to go, “OH WOW YOURE THE GUY ON THE COVER” and when they didn’t, they added insult to injury by making full price even after he helpfully pointed it out to them

AFAIK “author discount” is not a thing if you go to a bookstore. Also I am a bit shocked araboliosis is even stocked anywhere. I thought it was basically a vanity press?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Nathen doesn’t know any of this because he’s not really an author much less a celebrated one so his only point of reference is crappy hallmark made for TV movies where poo poo like this happens and people swoon.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

pseudanonymous posted:

AFAIK “author discount” is not a thing if you go to a bookstore. Also I am a bit shocked araboliosis is even stocked anywhere. I thought it was basically a vanity press?

It probably isn't stocked anywhere, since it's old vanity press book. Most likely that is either leftovers from his book signing event since nobody came, or he just made the whole thing up.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

not a bot posted:

Most likely that is either leftovers from his book signing event since nobody came

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

According to the bizarre rant that accompanies the video he has "gifts to give in LA. gently caress!".

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I'm not familiar with Toronto. Does indigo books have private booths?

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
He's claimed Indigo stocks it on multiple occasions now. If I was in Toronto I would absolutely go and check

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

not a bot posted:

Most likely that is either leftovers from his book signing event since nobody came

Oh duh, it’s def this.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Imagine the indignity if they had marked it down to 88 cents for clearance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Knormal posted:

I need to know what podcast this is so I can listen for 5 minutes before getting too annoyed and turning it off.