Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.
Do the tera raid battles get harder? I've done a few and the Pokemon usually dies so fast I don't even get a chance to attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Wile E. Toyota posted:

Do the tera raid battles get harder? I've done a few and the Pokemon usually dies so fast I don't even get a chance to attack.

kinda

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Wile E. Toyota posted:

I spent 45 minutes bashing my head against a Normal-tera piggy earlier before giving up. Three stars, I wasn't quite levelled and it kept getting off a bunch of Work Ups and nuking me. Even bringing a ghost type didn't stop it hurling Seed Bombs. I'm gonna go back soon and get that fucker.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
hi gamefreak i need you to feature iono in every game going foward, thanks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Forsythia posted:

Maybe it's that I think that Legends Arceus did a similar concept far better, with more style and structure.

agreed the busywork check list game of flat empty areas that repeated pokemon endlessly and couldnt have more than 2 on screen at once and had gameplay best described as holding down ZR to fire a machine gun of balls at everything and nothing else is much better. unrelated but a cartoon roadrunner just caved my skull in with an anvil.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wile E. Toyota posted:

Tera 5 stars are lvl 75 and apparently there's 7 star raids

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Stux posted:

agreed the busywork check list game of flat empty areas that repeated pokemon endlessly and couldnt have more than 2 on screen at once and had gameplay best described as holding down ZR to fire a machine gun of balls at everything and nothing else is much better. unrelated but a cartoon roadrunner just caved my skull in with an anvil.

It's the best because I saw a bigger than normal pokemon and clapped and the normal pokemon battle system for children is too complicated for me so the simplified game really was perfect for my dehydrated brain.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I've noticed I've been in a few Tera raids where I'll deal KO damage to the Pokemon, then a couple seconds later it'll suddenly have 1/4 health.

My guess is desynching issues.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's the best because I saw a bigger than normal pokemon and clapped and the normal pokemon battle system for children is too complicated for me so the simplified game really was perfect for my dehydrated brain.

probably the most gently caress ed up thing about scarvi is its pokedex is 1000x more compelling than the game which was supposed to be entirely focused on the pokedex just bcos it has a cool presentation vs a piece of paper with "catch 25 wurmple" written on it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

until hisuian zoroark is in ScarVio I’m afraid Arceus is just superior in every way that matters (having hisuian zoroark)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hopefully they don't mess up legends ho oh like they did with scarlvio

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Also all the players in the after endgame tourney all have 6 pokemons. So you have lvl 90 7 star raids and trainers all with 6 pokemon in the repeatable tourney endgame, all with random teachers, students, etc.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Framboise posted:

I've noticed I've been in a few Tera raids where I'll deal KO damage to the Pokemon, then a couple seconds later it'll suddenly have 1/4 health.

My guess is desynching issues.

No they have a shield/endure/ etc. Best way is to Tera and try and break it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Come on wonder trade you got me four weed cats I just need one fire pepper

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Clodsire is the best

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Eiba posted:

I always go with new pokemon, but this time I got to use a Mankey on a technicality. It's great. Mankey is one of my favorite pokemon that I've never gotten to use because it was always a version exclusive to the wrong game.

Annihilape's cry is pretty disturbing. I love it.

Houndstone's bone cracking cry scared the hell out of me the first time I met one in battle

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Barreft posted:

No they have a shield/endure/ etc. Best way is to Tera and try and break it

Is there anything in the display that indicates that? I'm talking low level raids, 2-3 stars.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

What a beefcake
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1594911090848464896/pu/vid/1280x720/3bTSk8w9qYTV8zHM.mp4?tag=12

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
The Arceus gameplay elements are fascinatingly divisive. Some people seem to really love them, some seem to really dislike them. I'd be very curious what a marriage of the two styles would look like, especially with S/V already representing a step closer.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

no, you got a B on your cake for his class. Are you even paying attention?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Wait the desert Titan is WHAT level????

https://twitter.com/StarLoveDeluxe/status/1594915918483959808?s=20&t=3mvdhpRSv0-DxhQRcMKgSg

R.I.P. 'The Horns'

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Lux Animus posted:

no, you got a B on your cake for his class. Are you even paying attention?

I broke his back and made him humble

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Barreft posted:

I broke his back and made him humble

B- is for Broken Back on your Humble Pie assignment

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.
I found a pack of the dolphin Pokemon but I can't get it yet because I can't swim. :mad:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

That's a Dracula

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Lux Animus posted:

B- is for Broken Back on your Humble Pie assignment

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1594916016555163651/pu/vid/1280x720/BiWJht66Mqece2X6.mp4?tag=12

hatty posted:

That's a Dracula

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Wile E. Toyota posted:

I found a pack of the dolphin Pokemon but I can't get it yet because I can't swim. :mad:

In the East near to the elec-gym town there you can actually walk quite far into the water "on the sandbars" as it were, on the way to the islands. I tried to catch gyarados and dolphin there, no problem on foot or dragonback.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 22, 2022

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Bee posted:

The Arceus gameplay elements are fascinatingly divisive. Some people seem to really love them, some seem to really dislike them. I'd be very curious what a marriage of the two styles would look like, especially with S/V already representing a step closer.

they should leave all the grinding checklists out of the main game and also make legends open world pokemon snap where instead of having to do a bunch of inane tasks each pokemon needs you to do one or two interesting photo setups. simple as that really.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I simply did not do all the research tasks.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the problem isnt doing them all. theyre unfun at any amount. the game is nothing but literal busywork with little else. perfect for AAA brained morons but not for me. i read book.s

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
what level are the E4's mons

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

haha whoops i oneshot the steel titan with my skeledirge

guess I was supposed to do that one earlier!!!!!!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Countblanc posted:

what level are the E4's mons

56-62, they have 5 each. But there's tourneys post game with you going against 4 random story trainers/npcs, they have 6 mons around 70 I think I remember.

5 star Tera raids are lvl 75 mons. No idea what 7 star ones are like, never found anything past 5 so far

Playing coop with 3 others is the absolute best though

Barreft fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 22, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Arceus did the unforgivable and made me sick of seeing Drifloon. Bad game

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

also i liked the research task checklist in PLA but that is because i am
A: someone who enjoys the role playing aspect of role playing games, and going out in the wilderness to do repetitive tasks and writing it down reminded me heavily of doing lab work in college
B: very autistic

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Stux posted:

the problem isnt doing them all. theyre unfun at any amount. the game is nothing but literal busywork with little else. perfect for AAA brained morons but not for me. i read book.s

I can’t remember the last time I played a AAA game so I resent this.

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007

Eimi posted:

I named mine Hilda after another pink wearing lady with a giant weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=808th6yG3ok

Great minds! Mine's named Amy Rose.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Simulation883 posted:

Great minds! Mine's named Amy Rose.

Concerning lack of Edelgard

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I just got an extra weedcat through a surprise trade. I would really like a Snorlax or shiny Psyduck. Also, I need someone to trade my Haunter to so it can evolve.

SW-5116-6882-8409

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Barreft posted:

Concerning lack of Edelgard
edelgard isn't small, pink, excitable, or fluffy, so it wouldn't work. :colbert: