Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I had the easiest infinite for a run yesterday for a blursed mode with treasure seeker:

Sushi + Silk Cape + Leather Gloves. All faces were reroll 2, no RNG required, just roll as much as you like. Just need to get a single cantrip somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Weird, twins aren't identical.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I guess the item order is different

Only registered members can see post attachments!

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop

Tann posted:

Added modifier/item generation with a crappy algorithm. It can't tell if it creates nonsense or how powerful anything is though.

Oh this is magical! This is so funny

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

End of the road. Is it a bug that Cruel Burst doesn't work with Burst+ ? I could see it going either way. I assume Burst+ is coded as a separate spell but thematically it feels like you get better at casting the same spell.

Also the Save spell is a top-tier blessing.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

What does this one do? Not even the game knows!

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

CainFortea posted:

What does this one do?
t3 hero prime sides get set to -1

I didn't keep support for some old stupid conditions I made haha

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I'd heard of the legendary Valkyrie class, people kept saying it's very good, but never seen it. Apparently, it can make people just Not Die, which sounds rad.

Well,

That's a hell of a loadout for tier 2.

After careful consideration, I turned the Valkyrie down

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
You shouldn't have imo. She's twice as likely to roll Not Die, has a resurrection face, and has a Rescue shield which can pull off some crazy poo poo if used cleverly. That said, that's a really loving good generated T2, drat

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I had a generated t1 with two 'not die' faces, which is also like, what?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Angry Diplomat posted:

You shouldn't have imo. She's twice as likely to roll Not Die, has a resurrection face, and has a Rescue shield which can pull off some crazy poo poo if used cleverly. That said, that's a really loving good generated T2, drat

Oh, in a vacuum, sure, only a 50% chance to roll something really worthwhile is acceptable, but not ideal for a T3. But I made the 5-blocks self-heal as well, and had the... Ironblood pendant? The one that's +3 to heals and blocks on him, and I also had my blue with a couple mana+Echo faces, so I had double the reason to keep them around.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The random hero generator really undervalues the Undying side. I've gotten a Grey with 4 Undying sides once.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
I am officially obsessed with this game. Currently sitting on 122/131 achievements. Updog and Polished Emerald elude me, but I will find them someday! Thank you, Tann! You are an amazing developer.

That said, I do wonder if some heroes aren't a little undertuned. I'm thinking Scoundrel (Orange T1) in particular could use one more quirky face of some kind as I she definitely seems to fall furthest behind her peers.

In T2, maybe I am using them poorly or they should only be taken with specific combos or things like Eye of Horus, etc. but I've found Gambler, Ninja, Sinew and Whirl really underperform (though admitting that if you have something that copies die faces for Gambler or something that buffs sides for Ninja, they can be excellent).

I've never gotten Statue to work, but I love the gimmick and never want to see her go. Guardian is almost a never pick, but other T2 Greys are generally good, with Armorer being my favorite along with Knight.

For T3, I think Eccentric could use one more die face (maybe a shield with descend?), and I don't love Ghast unless I have specific tools to profit from her (my favorite being the curse that adds Illusions to every fight for free uses of Harvest).

Also, how do I unlock this monster?

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 22, 2022

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

TravelLog posted:

I am officially obsessed with this game. Currently sitting on 122/131 achievements. Updog and Polished Emerald elude me, but I will find them someday!

What's updog?

edit: Seriously though Statue, even if you get no items that give it sides to roll, significantly increases your team's HP and acts like an attack sink. So you'll get enemies running away faster and also saving your useful heroes by not getting attacked.

If you get something like longsword and whetstone it becomes all of that as well as reliably dishing out 4 damage per turn.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

whirl is great as a combo with caldera. you might even get the triple whammy with druid and trivialize all non-boss fights

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Statue loving rules with Friendship Bracelet, there are some fights where you can just sternly slap your opponents and they'll immediately run away

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TravelLog posted:

I am officially obsessed with this game. Currently sitting on 122/131 achievements. Updog and Polished Emerald elude me, but I will find them someday! Thank you, Tann! You are an amazing developer.

That said, I do wonder if some heroes aren't a little undertuned. I'm thinking Scoundrel (Orange T1) in particular could use one more quirky face of some kind as I she definitely seems to fall furthest behind her peers.

In T2, maybe I am using them poorly or they should only be taken with specific combos or things like Eye of Horus, etc. but I've found Gambler, Ninja, Sinew and Whirl really underperform (though admitting that if you have something that copies die faces for Gambler or something that buffs sides for Ninja, they can be excellent).

I've never gotten Statue to work, but I love the gimmick and never want to see her go. Guardian is almost a never pick, but other T2 Greys are generally good, with Armorer being my favorite along with Knight.

For T3, I think Eccentric could use one more die face (maybe a shield with descend?), and I don't love Ghast unless I have specific tools to profit from her (my favorite being the curse that adds Illusions to every fight for free uses of Harvest).

ninja lives or dies based on the rest of your party. copycat is almost a cantrip tag, and lets you get double uses out of Steel or Charged

eccentric is one of the best if you have the cantrip catnip, throwing out 4 damage descending is real good

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Genuinely I think Eccentric is pretty great, it's usually 4 damage which is pretty on par with other warriors, and all their sides being on the right is a huge boon. So many good items are built around the assumption that your left sides are your good sides, and so end up being way better on Eccentric.

(Ghast absolutely sucks though, doesn't even have a good spell to make up for those crappy faces)

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

CainFortea posted:

What's updog?

edit: Seriously though Statue, even if you get no items that give it sides to roll, significantly increases your team's HP and acts like an attack sink. So you'll get enemies running away faster and also saving your useful heroes by not getting attacked.

If you get something like longsword and whetstone it becomes all of that as well as reliably dishing out 4 damage per turn.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Statue loving rules with Friendship Bracelet, there are some fights where you can just sternly slap your opponents and they'll immediately run away

I slam pick Friendship Bracelet every time and can't believe I never thought of this combo. Good tip!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Arzaac posted:

Genuinely I think Eccentric is pretty great, it's usually 4 damage which is pretty on par with other warriors, and all their sides being on the right is a huge boon. So many good items are built around the assumption that your left sides are your good sides, and so end up being way better on Eccentric.

(Ghast absolutely sucks though, doesn't even have a good spell to make up for those crappy faces)

ghast is okayish with the blindfold or antideath items, but those elevate roulette to great so

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Eccentric blows goats when you get that right side blank curse going though which is such an easy pick for how little it matters to most other classes.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

TravelLog posted:

I've only ever seen them once, offered in a challenge. Maybe just take as many of those as possible? They'll look like a zombie, with a similar, but not quite identical, passive :v:

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

Tann, a minor phone UI quibble: When long-pressing an item to inspect it in the item box, if I let go of the item in the box it moves itself to the last box position. This becomes a pain when trying to check multiple box items, since I don’t have all the items memorized, and the box positions keep shuffling around. What I’d normally expect is that inspecting a boxed item keeps the item in its original spot.

Otherwise the game is great. No idea how anyone gets a Hard streak going, let alone Unfair.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Arzaac posted:

i had a great combo with eccentric and some blue. eccentric had right side x3 and +1 all sides. the blue had an item for both right sides = 2 mana, and an item to copy the pips of the last used dice. so eccentric would hit two enemies for 15 damage (almost always killing them instantly), and the subsequent 15 mana from the blue went a long way to mopping up any leftovers

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

and the claw won! posted:

End of the road. Is it a bug that Cruel Burst doesn't work with Burst+ ? I could see it going either way. I assume Burst+ is coded as a separate spell but thematically it feels like you get better at casting the same spell.

Also the Save spell is a top-tier blessing.

I think 195 might be a thread record? Really want a blursed leaderboard. Or group keyword leaderboards...

Finally unlocked the Hand with 2 hard wins. I decided that taking the blessings+more curses is normally bad, and did them with -1 reroll and everything makes a slime, both of which were easily managable. -1 reroll was interesting because it made stuff like lead boots much more attractive

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CainFortea posted:

What's updog?

It's the reverse of Underdog: a rank 5 item that doubles your top side if you have more HP than the target. It's pretty good on most greys, but can also be a great finisher on a hero with cantrip or cleave on that side.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Jedit posted:

It's the reverse of Underdog: a rank 5 item that doubles your top side if you have more HP than the target. It's pretty good on most greys, but can also be a great finisher on a hero with cantrip or cleave on that side.

Not much, what's up with you?

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

RoboCicero posted:

I've only ever seen them once, offered in a challenge. Maybe just take as many of those as possible? They'll look like a zombie, with a similar, but not quite identical, passive :v:

Thanks!

Edit: Finally managed a sub-35 run with this absolutely cracked combo of Lightning Rod + Thimble and a bunch of mana generation! Bolt got me through the early game, but once I got Barbarian who could deal big damage and suicide himself every turn for bonus +4 mana, it was in the bag.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 22, 2022

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jedit posted:

:cripes:

Angry Diplomat posted:

Not much, what's up with you?

Thank you.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Jedit posted:

What's underdog?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Zodack posted:

What's underdog?

Yo momma.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Ghast is pretty bad because 5 mana for death is a poor trade in most circumstances, their spell is not super useful because it generates mana but they have no good spell to use it on unless you are doing a custom run with multiple blues (would make more sense on a red?), and their other sides are nothing special. At least the Barbarian hits for 10 which is worth more than 5 mana 90% of the time.

Also, I think Eccentric is ok, even with 3 faces. Many items replace left side or middle side which they have free, and items that buff the right side seem to have higher stats since it is often unused. I think the yellows have the most even utility, where really the only one I would never want to take is Bash.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

Ghast is pretty bad because 5 mana for death is a poor trade in most circumstances, their spell is not super useful because it generates mana but they have no good spell to use it on (would make more sense on a red?), and their other sides are nothing special. At least the Barbarian hits for 10 which is worth more than 5 mana 90% of the time.

Also, I think Eccentric is ok, even with 3 faces. Many items replace left side or middle side which they have free, and items that buff the right side seem to have higher stats since it is often unused. I think the yellows have the most even utility, where really the only one I would never want to take is Bash.

I mean, you can get that mana up there a bit if you're lucky with items and blessings, getting mana on hero death for example can crank it up.

But the fact that it's spell also goes away when it dies really does make it's spell lack luster. So even if you manage to jack it's death die up to getting 12 mana, that's only like 6 bursts. And you can't even trade it all in for 18 mana next turn.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

CainFortea posted:

I mean, you can get that mana up there a bit if you're lucky with items and blessings, getting mana on hero death for example can crank it up.

Right, but a lot of the other blues can generate similar levels of mana without killing themselves, and have a spell to use the mana on. Even with a pentagram I would never take the Ghast over a Weaver or Warlock.

Also, had the most annoying loss in Blursed - was only round 12 against the Lich, and I had two good blessings. I lost to turn 8 Doom because the Lich literally used its weaken side 7 turns in a row and I maxed out on 1 damage and 1 shield per turn because almost all of my guys had 1 pip die faces.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 22, 2022

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

Right, but a lot of the other blues can generate similar levels of mana without killing themselves, and have a spell to use the mana on. Even with a pentagram I would never take the Ghast over a Weaver or Warlock.

Also, had the most annoying loss in Blursed - was only round 12 against the Lich, and I had two good blessings. I lost to turn 8 Doom because the Lich literally used its weaken side 7 turns in a row and I maxed out on 1 damage and 1 shield per turn because almost all of my guys had 1 pip die faces.

I think the point I was making is that I pick Ghast last, but it's not garbage. It's just the blue class that I have to Make Do with instead of Make Fun with.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Sinew has the best face

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

It's a small detail, but it literally never fails to make me laugh when a hero overkills something and another hero goes "calm down!"

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Angry Diplomat posted:

It's a small detail, but it literally never fails to make me laugh when a hero overkills something and another hero goes "calm down!"

my favorite is "all skill" when gambler hits the left side

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

silvergoose posted:

my favorite is "all skill" when gambler hits the left side

I prefer it when he hits the rightmost side and says "Snake eyes", chiefly because of the time it happened when I had Silk Cape and Catnip on him so rightmost was the best side on the die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

I think the yellows have the most even utility, where really the only one I would never want to take is Bash.

Blocking enemy actions is really valuable on summoners, at least