Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

joepinetree posted:

Since people keep getting surprised, here's the number of slots per confederation for 2026

UEFA (Europe) | 16
CAF (Africa) | 9
AFC (Asia) | 8
CONCACAF (North America, Central America, and the Caribbean) | 6
CONMEBOL (South America) | 6
OFC (Oceania) | 1

Plus there will be a mini tournament for the last 2 slots. The mini tournament will have 1 team from Africa, one from Asia, one from Oceania, one from South America and 2 from CONCACAF

I didn't really think about this until just now but 48 / 195 means just over a quarter of the world's countries will be going to the world cup

e: a bit more or less according to your definition of country, 195 was simply the first result in encyclopedia googlia

jeebus bob fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Nov 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Guessing joint country bids will be the norm going forward. what I'm proposing is who's dick England has to suck for the world cup to come back to them.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The Emir gloated on Twitter about kicking out fans with rainbow gear.

What a loving trash regime. I can actually say that The Nazi Party 1936 had more tact.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

jeebus bob posted:

I didn't really think about this until just now but 48 / 195 means just over a quarter of the world's countries will be going to the world cup

If Ireland doesnt make it this time I will do violence. I need that first -round CUM knockout

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Narcissus1916 posted:

The Emir gloated on Twitter about kicking out fans with rainbow gear.

What a loving trash regime. I can actually say that The Nazi Party 1936 had more tact.

link?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

halokiller posted:

Guessing joint country bids will be the norm going forward. what I'm proposing is who's dick England has to suck for the world cup to come back to them.

There was a British Isles bid planned for 2030, but they withdrew once 2028 looked like a better bet.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Hhah

E: wrong thread

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

halokiller posted:

England and Ireland but only if they can somehow convince FIFA that this will solve the Troubles once and for all

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

vyelkin posted:

England and Ireland but only if they can somehow convince FIFA that this will solve the Troubles once and for all

If a Celtic and Rangers friendly couldn't do it, I don't know what can.

Anyway...

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nostradingus posted:

2030 basically has to be in Uruguay for the centenary
You mean just like how Athens got the 1996 Olympics?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

You mean just like how Athens got the 1996 Olympics?

Oh sure, like you've never read a map wrong.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Mickolution posted:

If a Celtic and Rangers friendly couldn't do it, I don't know what can.

Anyway...

Qatartacus :laffo:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mickolution posted:

British Isles

cmon dude

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Yeah I'd rather Ireland were not involved than us having to spend a decade listening to "British Isles" bullshit

:qq: BUT ITS JUST GEOGRAPHY:qq:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

webmeister posted:

Qatartacus :laffo:

I am convinced Squires is either a TRP poster or lurker

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I think they’re talking about this but so don’t think it’s the emir but one of the 7 other Qataris.

https://twitter.com/binnahar85/status/1594764842220617728?s=46&t=WxMoVMLxYZp-WpUyqp71lQ

Don’t worry guys, if you think gay people should have rights you’re the real bigots

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Perhaps they're just afraid of rainbows. I don't imagine you see them in a desert, or maybe they think Zippy is a demon

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Perhaps they're just afraid of rainbows. I don't imagine you see them in a desert, or maybe they think Zippy is a demon

They’re Bungling the tournament at least.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

njsykora posted:

They’re Bungling the tournament at least.

They've made a Rod for their own backs

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Stadiums are George-ous though.

I should report this thread to Jeffery.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

njsykora posted:

Stadiums are George-ous though.

I should report this thread to Jeffery.

I'm Freddy won't care

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
e. wrong thread

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/leonardocarella/status/1594392531827331072

Ah yes, the famously western-exclusive game of soccer, as unknown and inaccessible to the Global South as ice hockey.

It is the west that is telling the rest of the world this! :mad:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Can all the Ukraine flag Twitter shut the gently caress up how about they stop supporting Nazis before they open their loving mouths and lecture other people

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EEKA GEEK posted:

https://twitter.com/leonardocarella/status/1594392531827331072

Ah yes, the famously western-exclusive game of soccer, as unknown and inaccessible to the Global South as ice hockey.

It is the west that is telling the rest of the world this! :mad:

I remember my first World Cup.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Can all the Ukraine flag Twitter shut the gently caress up how about they stop supporting Nazis before they open their loving mouths and lecture other people

gently caress off

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I swear to god don't you dare start posting about Ukraine in here

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
*taking off my world cup jester hat and putting on my actual moderating stetson* that tweet is extremely cringe but there are roughly 15 Ukraine threads on the forums and they were too poo poo to qualify for this tournament so please take ukrainechat elsewhere please thank u

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Wait, the mods here don't wear a trilby with a card that says "MOD" tucked into the band? Well now my whole world is shattered :smith:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

They do wear those blue vests when entering flame warzones though.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Al-Saqr posted:

Wut

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

*taps the sign*

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Man todays match really starting to put this World Cup in ‘ top ten’ territory

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Al-Saqr posted:

Man todays match really starting to put this World Cup in ‘ top ten’ territory

Gotta wait til next Wednesday for the ‘Journo? What Journo?’ derby though :(

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Al-Saqr posted:

Keep it in cspam

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
We're ticking all the classic world cup boxes early, just a shame about all the crimes

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

We're ticking all the classic world cup boxes early, just a shame about all the crimes

The crimes started almost 15 years ago when the bid went in

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Genuine question, what do you call it?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Shrapnig posted:

The crimes started almost 15 years ago when the bid went in

If people haven't listened to the World Corrupt podcast hosted by Pod Save the World, they really should.

Why do I bring this up? Well I didn't know until the podcast that back in 2010 when Qatar was selected, Obama and Biden couldn't go so they sent Attorney General Eric Holder and a small staff from the Justice Department to the ExCo meeting. The justice department reps, including a guy who had worked on organized crime in NJ, witness the blatant bribery by Qatar officials and barely concealed requests for bribes.

Then the loving morons at FIFA decided to keep their money in American banks. Apparently Eric Holder was extremely motivated to go after them after the 2010 meeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Mickolution posted:

Genuine question, what do you call it?

lizzies lions and the lost 26 :britain: