Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I attended many cons he was a guest at and his lines were insane. At C2E2 some years ago the chatter was he had more people waiting for autographs than the MCU guests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Is there a good site for third party 1:6? Like onesixthkit.

Gonna order that Lady D as soon as I’ve had enough to drink. I rather not go through eBay.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Tbf not everyone keeps up with everything everyone else does or is a fan of. All I remember from PR behind the scenes stuff is that the blue guy was gay and got bullied a lot and the green guy was a dick but got better. I think the yellow one died, but I'm not positive. I think the red one got arrested for something a while back.

I'm glad they made up. That's awesome. I had no idea because the last I heard about it was years ago when someone else mentioned the whole bullying thing.

It sucks that a guy you like died, and it sucks more that he died in this way, but being mad that other people don't keep up with your niche of fandom details isn't really fair either.

Try not to get upset at people for not knowing the whole story because not everyone follows everyone else's fandom. To phrase it better, always assume ignorance over malice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The reliable ones are already sold out.

Ebay or AliEx seem like your only options now.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Tbf not everyone keeps up with everything everyone else does or is a fan of. All I remember from PR behind the scenes stuff is that the blue guy was gay and got bullied a lot and the green guy was a dick but got better. I think the yellow one died, but I'm not positive. I think the red one got arrested for something a while back.

I'm glad they made up. That's awesome. I had no idea because the last I heard about it was years ago when someone else mentioned the whole bullying thing.

It sucks that a guy you like died, and it sucks more that he died in this way, but being mad that other people don't keep up with your niche of fandom details isn't really fair either.

Try not to get upset at people for not knowing the whole story because not everyone follows everyone else's fandom. To phrase it better, always assume ignorance over malice.

Ehh... he kind of went in hard trashing the guy.

I didn't know anything about Frank and Yost before yesterday either, but all it took was a cursory glance.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 22, 2022

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IG-88 posted:

Is there a good site for third party 1:6? Like onesixthkit.

Gonna order that Lady D as soon as I’ve had enough to drink. I rather not go through eBay.

She's not 1/6 I think, she's 1/12 or whatever the figma size is. No clue on where to buy them though. My usual haunts are onesixthkit and tnsfigures but she's probably available at toyswonderland? too. All places I've placed orders and had nil trouble.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

When it comes to slandering someone over provably false information, maybe do your own drat research into if he did or did not do these things.

It's not loving hard. The fact that people picked up the 'oh he bullied David Yost' poo poo and ran with it because of the bias against him is part of the problem with his image I was talking about before.

Ignorance does not absolve anything. Do not use it as a shield.

Be a loving adult and look into it your own drat self if its worth enough to talk about. Otherwise all you spread are lies and hate and I will take that personally about an actor who just took his own life for reasons that are not our drat business.

And to be more on topic

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClIls_NOoeB/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=invalid&ig_rid=7364b019-6996-4e9e-84b8-70bd06a166b8

That chrome shield is already looking really good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Ultimate Zords don't combine do they?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

The Ultimate Zords don't combine do they?

Sadly impossible. They're meant to be suit accurate, which destroys that possibility. But I'm fine with it- I've wanted a suit accurate Dragonzord since I was a child. I made a whole post about it here and everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gotcha. Maybe they'll do a massive fuckoff huge Megazord later?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

Gotcha. Maybe they'll do a massive fuckoff huge Megazord later?

They are actually- about 8 or 9 inches, to go head to head with the Godzilla stuff. All of the monsters and Zords are being scaled with the Godzilla line, so I'm obviously happy about that.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Aphrodite posted:

The reliable ones are already sold out.

Ebay or AliEx seem like your only options now.

Ehh... he kind of went in hard trashing the guy.

I didn't know anything about Frank and Yost before yesterday either, but all it took was a cursory glance.

Alright. Ordered it with the special rug and flyswatter.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

She's not 1/6 I think, she's 1/12 or whatever the figma size is. No clue on where to buy them though. My usual haunts are onesixthkit and tnsfigures but she's probably available at toyswonderland? too. All places I've placed orders and had nil trouble.

Sorry you’re right, 1:12. I meant if there was a site for 1:6.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

OK I know this is a toys thread and this is a model kit but it's so exciting I feel like it must be shared

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

model kits are the best thing ive recently discovered

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Gripweed posted:

OK I know this is a toys thread and this is a model kit but it's so exciting I feel like it must be shared

I had a little fig of Frenchie many years ago. Great robot design.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I'm completely out of the loop on model kits, are they/have they been doing new G Gundam kits? This Rose Gundam looks great!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Its Wakanda time!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

This FOMO bullshit is my least favorite thing about this hobby. It's tempting, but I'd rather spend my holiday toy budget on the Mythic Legions Necronominus wave over a repainted He-Man with cool translucent weapons.

https://twitter.com/MondoNews/status/1594829224967536643

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm completely out of the loop on model kits, are they/have they been doing new G Gundam kits? This Rose Gundam looks great!

They did the God, Nobel, Master, and Fuunsaiki to reasonably modern standards a few years back. In a true surprise move they did the drat Devil Army a little while ago, because a variant of it was in Build Divers Re Rise. But no real sign that they were planning to go deep into G Gundam until this.

So, good news: This seems like a good sign that they intend to make modern kits for the whole Shuffle Alliance in the near future.

Bad news: It's P-Bandai. So each of those kits will only be available from the Bandai Website for a limited time.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IG-88 posted:

Sorry you’re right, 1:12. I meant if there was a site for 1:6.

If I ever see it I'll let you know. A friend of mine is a big fan of her, so if they go the giantess route I'm sure he'll grab one. I don't think they will but honestly I've been surprised by stuff before. Fingers crossed 🤞

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Here's my evening hot take. Model kits are the crab legs of the action figures world. To much work for not enough payoff, haha. Those Gunfam ones do look super rad though!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The pay off is the building part. Its a chill nice thing to do to get your mind off everything.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

https://twitter.com/derek8185338254/status/1594878732527108097

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Burkion posted:

They are actually- about 8 or 9 inches, to go head to head with the Godzilla stuff. All of the monsters and Zords are being scaled with the Godzilla line, so I'm obviously happy about that.

The individual Zords aren't scaled that way though, right?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Gripweed posted:

That’s gorgeous.

CelticPredator posted:

I last did some over 20 years ago but have got the bug again. There are some stunning designs out there, with a use of colour that’s almost mind blowing. And like you say, it’s just a nice, chill way to unwind during an evening.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PriorMarcus posted:

The individual Zords aren't scaled that way though, right?

Kind of

They're all scaled to look the way they did in the show, which are in turn scaled to match the Godzilla line. So, the Megazord and Godzilla are used as the Baseline- those two should come eye to eye or nearabout, Megazord might be a little taller.

Dragonzord therefor is a little shorter than Megazord, and Tyrannosaurus is a little shorter than Dragonzord- at least when crouching.

So in theory if it all works out, this is where their heights would line up. It's why combination is impossible for what they're going for- much like with Transformers, you cannot have perfectly screen accurate G1 designs that can also transform, or especially combine.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Burkion posted:

So in theory if it all works out, this is where their heights would line up. It's why combination is impossible for what they're going for- much like with Transformers, you cannot have perfectly screen accurate G1 designs that can also transform, or especially combine.

Great post mate. Yet more reasons I'm all in on this line.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I had no idea the Tyrannosaurus was so close in height to the Megazord on the show!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Yessss

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1595058923769565189?s=46&t=m75ouzPYBYukjWUszFEOPg

Harley is on her way, in a year I’ll have my favorite couple on the shelf

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My Marvel Unlimited Pirate Kate finally came, a mere year late.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Mafex needs to make Tim Drake. It’s unacceptable there’s no good 1:12 Tim Robin out there.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Joe Fisto posted:

..in a year I’ll have my favorite couple on the shelf

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha, no. Although they have been a lot better lately at getting some things out (Jean, Black Suit Spidey, classic Iron Man), there’s still a bunch of stuff that keeps slipping back further and further (BoP Harley just came out 3 years after the film, hah). Not as bad as Mezco mind but then what is?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha, no. Although they have been a lot better lately at getting some things out (Jean, Black Suit Spidey, classic Iron Man), there’s still a bunch of stuff that keeps slipping back further and further (BoP Harley just came out 3 years after the film, hah). Not as bad as Mezco mind but then what is?

I can hope!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

For those of you getting Python Patrol dudes, how are you building squads? I’m leaning towards two of all three to make little three man strike teams, but knowing that the officer is painted up to look like the OG line’s trooper makes me want more of those ones.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sanschel posted:

For those of you getting Python Patrol dudes, how are you building squads? I’m leaning towards two of all three to make little three man strike teams, but knowing that the officer is painted up to look like the OG line’s trooper makes me want more of those ones.

I’ve just been buying two of each for troop builders. The only one I don’t have doubles of is the grey Viper leader, since he’s in a 90 dollar 3 pack with two standard Vipers. (If it goes on sale though..,,)

On a related note;

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1595086008609280000?s=46&t=m75ouzPYBYukjWUszFEOPg

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Endless Mike posted:

My Marvel Unlimited Pirate Kate finally came, a mere year late.

They always ship the yearly model at this time. Let's them run the promotion a full year and know how many to run off.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They always ship the yearly model at this time. Let's them run the promotion a full year and know how many to run off.

Pirate Kate is last year's promo. This year's is Yellow Daredevil, which I already got.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

MV Roboto, Frosta and Stratos will be in stock at BBTS soon

Edit: Ooh Mindbender shipped! Can’t wait to get him in January

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 22, 2022

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Minderbender
Python Bat
And Zarana have all shipped.

Zarana being a bit of a surprise as didn't expect her yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Don't know if any of you gents are looking for older Mythic Legions, but I have a few I'm trying to offload:

Faunus: $225
Elf Ranger: $120
Magnus: $100
Sir Girard: $100

Those would be shipped to Con-US at least. If there is interest, I can grab pictures for anyone curious. All are 'sealed', at least they haven't been opened. Mythic Legions don't really do shrinkwrap/tape so...