Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oh god....

I read the dimensions but I didn't truly understand them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

holy poo poo it's happening

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's PBandai only right now it seems

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I have to have it. Any word on a release date?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Gripweed posted:

holy poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Count Thrashula posted:

I have to have it. Any word on a release date?

February

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Count Thrashula posted:

"Presented" is a strong word. Daban's stuff only has a production code for identification (in this case, 8818). No trademarked words (Gundam, Barbatos, MG, etc.) anywhere to be found.

It's just a numbered shoebox full of sprues and badly-typoed instructions. But yeah, looking through Google images, it definitely looks like the HIRM version
I meant the advertisvement or whatever. Did whoever was selling it try to pass it off as an MG Barbatos or did they make it known that it is what it is?

I think we should generally be getting the official bandai releases, but I'll admit to buying the PG Avalanche Exia, which was top tier.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Speaking of Daban, and for those who don't frequent the discord, Daban has teased that they are working on a Model Kit-ified KO of the Metal Structure Nu Gundam, with included Fin Funnels.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

Speaking of Daban, and for those who don't frequent the discord, Daban has teased that they are working on a Model Kit-ified KO of the Metal Structure Nu Gundam, with included Fin Funnels.

This was the really nice one that's about two feet tall and cost a thousand bucks from p-Bandai. It also had a bunch of accessories sold separately like the funnels, catwalks, maintenance workers, etc.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Just Dan Again posted:

It is, yeah. The tail wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought, although I did have to do the filing and shaving routine on the main connection of the tail to the body. It looks nice, but an awful lot of trouble compared to a Gundam kit

Why is it in Eva01 colors?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Tarquinn posted:

Agreed, thats Godzilla not a crayfish.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tarquinn posted:

Cross series merchandise. There's a lot of Evangelion merch that ties in with other series, like Transformers or Mechatro WeGo.

Godzilla just has the bonus of having an Anno movie of its own. (Also there's an official Evangelion and Godzilla crossover movie that played at Universal Studios.)

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

chiasaur11 posted:

Cross series merchandise. There's a lot of Evangelion merch that ties in with other series, like Transformers or Mechatro WeGo.

Godzilla just has the bonus of having an Anno movie of its own. (Also there's an official Evangelion and Godzilla crossover movie that played at Universal Studios.)

Whoa, didn’t know that. Especially the crossover movie is news to me.

How bad is it?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tarquinn posted:

Whoa, didn’t know that. Especially the crossover movie is news to me.

How bad is it?

I mean, it's a theme park ride movie, so the plot is "You, random Universal visitors, get to tour NERV facilities! Oh no! Godzilla!", but it's fun in its way. Shinji and Godzilla team up to fight King Ghidorah.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Ah, I see.

Thanks! :tipshat:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Waffleman_ posted:

It's PBandai only right now it seems

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This one has full fin effects included, and I suspect that's why it's PBandai, and hopefully a more traditional version makes its way to retail.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gripweed posted:

how the gently caress did they make the loving rose gundam look good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Schwarzwald posted:

By depicting it accurately?

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Nov 22, 2022

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
When they release Maxter 2.0 I'm going to use plastic putty to sculpt tiny nipples for its shirtless mode and nobody and no one will be able to stop me

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Big wait and see in that colour separation. Could be sticker city.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BizarroAzrael posted:

Big wait and see in that colour separation. Could be sticker city.

Yeaaah, that cape design says the blue's all in stickers to me. It doesn't look like there's enough thickness to go with a blue piece snapping on, and it's blue underneath as well.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeaaah, that cape design says the blue's all in stickers to me. It doesn't look like there's enough thickness to go with a blue piece snapping on, and it's blue underneath as well.

It looks roughly the same as the Live Lance Heaven's cloak, and those weren't stickers

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

I mean, it's a theme park ride movie, so the plot is "You, random Universal visitors, get to tour NERV facilities! Oh no! Godzilla!", but it's fun in its way. Shinji and Godzilla team up to fight King Ghidorah.

:hellyeah:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Considering recent HGs I've built, on that Rose I would expect the blue trim on the foot guards and the knee triangles to be stickers. Maybe the blue piece on the crotch, maybe the yellow piece on the chest, but I really don't expect that to be a sticker. Everything else looks lit could be reasonable done with color separated parts. Especially since you can see the yellow stripe on the side of the torso, that suggests pretty strongly to me that most if not all of the yellow on the torso is yellow pieces

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The top of the cape doesn't look like it could be a sticker unless they cut it to get around the pieces there. I guess they could go on after though.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 22, 2022

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
Maybe its just because I'm a little extra upset because Rose Gundam is pretty close at the top of my wishlist, but they really need to cool it with the p-bandai poo poo, their mainline hg offering has been dire the past year or so, and I thought they just only make variations of generally existing/available suits p-bandai anyway! :sadpeanut:

I dunno, maybe bandai is a company still getting hit with supply chain crunches and they can only batch out so much of so many kits now

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The plus side to HG is that there is an immense variety. The downside is that said immense variety means there's going to be a number of kits that become bestsellers and hundreds of kits that are considered too niche so they go to O Bandai.

Still mad I wasn't able to nab that GM Spartan.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

tenderjerk posted:

Maybe its just because I'm a little extra upset because Rose Gundam is pretty close at the top of my wishlist, but they really need to cool it with the p-bandai poo poo, their mainline hg offering has been dire the past year or so, and I thought they just only make variations of generally existing/available suits p-bandai anyway! :sadpeanut:

I dunno, maybe bandai is a company still getting hit with supply chain crunches and they can only batch out so much of so many kits now

the same complaint is all over the dragonball figuarts community. the amount of releases that were going exclusive plus $10 shipping and limited consolidation options made me stop collecting. but i guess people are buying em so they're gonna keep selling em

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

How can you say something so horrible.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

This one has full fin effects included, and I suspect that's why it's PBandai, and hopefully a more traditional version makes its way to retail.

Unfortunately, in those kind of cases the retail version is always announced first.

For better or worse, PB isn't the slap dash palette swap outlet it used to be.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

:negative:

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Speaking of P-Bandai, new poo poo (MG Stark Jegan included) drops tonight

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I'm surprised there's no Lfrith Mass Production Type announced for P-Bandai yet, people seem to like the Lfrith and Aerial.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

At long last I've completed it.

i cant get it to stand on its two feet is that normal for this kit?

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 24, 2022

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
The RG Sazabi is hilariously large

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Count Thrashula posted:

Wait until you get your hands on a Ver Ka, that one's a monster.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

Stairmaster posted:

i cant get it to stand on its two feet is that normal for this kit?

You'll need to spread the legs out quite a bit and have the toes pointing out much further. Just went and looked at mine and it's basically squatting, with the toes forming almost a 90 degree angle.

In general, having the feet pointing straight forward makes a mecha look stiff, like it's in the docking bay. If you want them to look like they're in the middle of action, having the legs and feet splayed a bit makes for a much more human-like pose. The Nightingale also has to compete with how goddamn big its feet are- its legs need to be pretty splayed out just to have room under it for the feet to set.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
When I build my Burning Gundam I'm going to make it do the delinquent squat

Haaaaah?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Count Thrashula posted:

I love my RG Sazabi. I'm terrified of when the time comes to take it back apart and paint it though.