Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Preoptopus posted:

Is that a bottle of Chivas? Like the scotch I buy when I'm broke? Facingthe camera? Is he drinking scotch while smoking a cigar (incorectly) and drinking a cofee? Was he exhaling cigar smoke into his scotch glass while drinking it? What the gently caress is happening?

He couldn't even bother to open the sealed bottle to make it look like the apple juice he deep throated was that Chivas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

https://twitter.com/lawfulspice/status/1594817776992010240

edit: you have to load it on the site to get the side by side video/image

Diary of a Not Mad Man

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

🤣👍

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

wrong thread

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

How can you put yourself in a position where everyone in the world can publicly roast you, rake over every detail of your private life, and you've paid a nation's GDP for the privilege? As a previous poster said, it's like the town's richest man has put himself in the stocks and dropped his pants with a crate of rotting tomatoes nearby.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Chrpno posted:

How can you put yourself in a position where everyone in the world can publicly roast you, rake over every detail of your private life, and you've paid a nation's GDP for the privilege? As a previous poster said, it's like the town's richest man has put himself in the stocks and dropped his pants with a crate of rotting tomatoes nearby.

"if you keep doing it, it's a fetish not an accident"

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
How else will sempai notice him?

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Inadequately posted:

Regardless of what his actions clearly mark him as, it's clear that he likes to think of himself as an enlightened centrist. If you've ever had the displeasure of reading anything he's said about literally any political issue, he never has a take other than "perhaps both sides have a point, it's funny how nobody has ever considered that, maybe they should talk to me and I can help them work out their differences from my throne of ironic detachment and pure rationality".

All centrists are cowardly assholes.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Used to be if you had a thing for humiliation you had to go and expose your tiny dick at a bus stop or cafe. Nowadays you just spend 44 billion on twitter.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
it's easy when you're a product of apartheid, nepotism, oligarchy, and so on

in way musk and trump are birds of a feather

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Chrpno posted:

Elon Musk is South Park Mel Gibson in real life

"Oh please don't make me spend 44 billion in humiliation and squeeze my nipples! I can't take it!"

:stare: "No one said they were going to do tha-"

"FINE you cowards now you are going to let Trump gently caress me in the rear end while I'm dressed as a milkmaid?!"

The normal world- :yikes:

Elon Musk Stans-:chud:

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

vaginite posted:

I just want you guys to know that, despite precedent, if I had 200 billion dollars I wouldn't need any one of you nobodies to like me

But right now I have 8 dollars and I'd appreciate if you like me

I like you so it's all good. I don't know any better.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I honestly wasn't sure I'd ever see a billionaire more pathetic than Notch but time makes fools of us all

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

John_A_Tallon posted:

All centrists are cowardly assholes.

I thought Musk considered himself a libertarian now??

Either way he comes off as a pedo and rear end in a top hat so I guess he can be a centrist libertarian.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TulliusCicero posted:

Elon Musk is South Park Mel Gibson in real life

"Oh please don't make me spend 44 billion in humiliation and squeeze my nipples! I can't take it!"

:stare: "No one said they were going to do tha-"

"FINE you cowards now you are going to let Trump gently caress me in the rear end while I'm dressed as a milkmaid?!"

The normal world- :yikes:

Elon Musk Stans-:chud:

It's even sadder than that; It's 44 billion to basically say "Look how cool I am insulated twitter boomers; I am friends with cool popular guy Donald Trump!", except Trump didn't bite because he didn't want to be associated with a loser like Elon Musk :lol:.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

loving Moron posted:

I thought Musk considered himself a libertarian now??

Either way he comes off as a pedo and rear end in a top hat so I guess he can be a centrist libertarian.

No he openly has said he supports the GOP as a 'Moderate Party''

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Elon Musk demonstrably does not believe that both sides have a point and that there exists a golden truth in the middle that works best for everyone, or whatever he's defining as "moderate" these days.

However he believes that he believes that. That basically goes for all Enlightened Centrists who mysteriously always side with the nazis, and while the contradiction is obvious if you think about it for like two seconds, their secret is that they just avoid ever thinking a critical thought.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Comstar posted:

Quick - everyone fleeing to Mastodon - Watch this video!

You will need a Modulator/De-modulator and telephone subscription.

https://youtu.be/RXJKdh1KZ0w
How it feels listening about mastadon

E: I really hate how the left is so puritanical that literally any disagreement leads to :godwin: last week I expressed to someone in meat space that there was moral hazard and inflationary ramifications to student loan forgiveness and that maybe it was continuing to cement executive overreach as normal and they said I hated minorities and poor people. Me saying the left sucks does not make me a Nazi.

Borscht fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Nov 22, 2022

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Unperson_47 posted:

Just found out the only reason Elon Musk didn't unban Alex Jones is because he personally had a child die in his arms. I feel bad for Musk about that but I don't understand how someone can be so insulated from tragedy that they can only empathize with victims of traumatic events if they themselves have been affected by it.

Then again he also slung accusations against someone for being a pedo with no evidence so he's a hypocrite too for using unfounded claims of child sexual abuse as a cudgel against an innocent person.

He loving lied about that. It happened to his Ex-Wife. Elon wasn't around when it happened. Then he had the gall to accuse her of emotional blackmail or some poo poo because she was upset about her child dying. Elon is an irredeemable piece of poo poo.

Frank Frank posted:

Hmm yes, guy notorious for not lifting weights, Trent Reznor:

Also the guy who definitely didn’t write the lyric, “I want to gently caress you like an animal”.

Like, there's also all of Head Like a Hole.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Elon Musk demonstrably does not believe that both sides have a point and that there exists a golden truth in the middle that works best for everyone, or whatever he's defining as "moderate" these days.

However he believes that he believes that. That basically goes for all Enlightened Centrists who mysteriously always side with the nazis, and while the contradiction is obvious if you think about it for like two seconds, their secret is that they just avoid ever thinking a critical thought.

In my experiance, anyone who calls themselves a "centrist" or "moderate" is usually just a conservative who doesn't want to openly admit it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Doctor Butts posted:

He loving lied about that. It happened to his Ex-Wife. Elon wasn't around when it happened. Then he had the gall to accuse her of emotional blackmail or some poo poo because she was upset about her child dying. Elon is an irredeemable piece of poo poo.

I haven't seen evidence he wasn't there. He definitely called her emotionally manipulative and she was the one to hold the baby. That I am not questioning. He was part of the decision to take the baby off life support though he reasonably could have been at the hospital at the time. He could have been there because he felt obligated to be, or just wanted the wife to come back home. I'm at a 60/40 that he was there I'm more willing to give it to him (because it doesn't matter, calling grieving emotional manipulative means he wasn't there for emotional reasons, it still looks extremely bad).

I'd love to have some proof that he called in his decision.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

pixaal posted:

I haven't seen evidence he wasn't there. He definitely called her emotionally manipulative and she was the one to hold the baby. That I am not questioning. He was part of the decision to take the baby off life support though he reasonably could have been at the hospital at the time. He could have been there because he felt obligated to be, or just wanted the wife to come back home. I'm at a 60/40 that he was there I'm more willing to give it to him (because it doesn't matter, calling grieving emotional manipulative means he wasn't there for emotional reasons, it still looks extremely bad).

I'd love to have some proof that he called in his decision.

I think it was enough that be basically berated her and straight up said if she had worked for him he would've fired her over her distress of losing a child.

Maybe we don't need to give Elon a break here.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

Borscht posted:

E: I really hate how the left is so puritanical that literally any disagreement leads to :godwin: last week I expressed to someone in meat space that there was moral hazard and inflationary ramifications to student loan forgiveness and that maybe it was continuing to cement executive overreach as normal and they said I hated minorities and poor people. Me saying the left sucks does not make me a Nazi.

Well, to be fair to whoever you were talking to, your post made all the dogs in my neighborhood start barking

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

CommieGIR posted:

I think it was enough that be basically berated her and straight up said if she had worked for him he would've fired her over her distress of losing a child.

Maybe we don't need to give Elon a break here.

I'm not trying to give him a break, it's more about keeping the facts facts so they don't turn into a wild story that's not based in reality. There's plenty of stuff to laugh at that can be proven.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Borscht posted:

But you're advocating policies that would hurt poor people and minorities specifically. You can't separate the effects from that from how someone views you tho.

E: moral hazards lol. We just spent a trillion dollars giving every con person who could create an LLC a million dollars without any checking or following up lmao

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's really remarkable how capable far-right yes-men are at captivating narcissists with no critical thinking, isn't it?

Like it seems like you just "yes and" them when they spout of some bullshit like "Lets use a prototype submarine to rescue a bunch of children from an underwater cave", and he'll lap up the "and" part.

Seriously he seems like a less dementia addled version of Trump with this poo poo where he seems to basically just latch onto the last idea someone "yes and"ed him with.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Borscht posted:

Sorry but I don't listen to anyone poor enough they can't afford a real avatar.

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Borscht posted:

You hate minorities and poor people.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Me (noble, heroic): We must maintain the sanctity of the limited reach of the executive branch
You (selfish, authoritarian): *dies of malnutrition*

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

King David in the bible: with my new rule I institute a jubilee, as it is our tradition every 30 years, so all debts are forgiven

Borscht, in a toga: isn't this creating a moral hazard?!

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IBroughttheFunk posted:

In my experiance, anyone who calls themselves a "centrist" or "moderate" is usually just a conservative who doesn't want to openly admit it.

Case in point:

Borscht posted:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Yeah, absolutely. Sometimes it's clear that's what they're doing and it's on purpose; what I'm positing is that there is a notable subgroup of them who also don't admit it to themselves, to which Elon belongs. If he knew he was full of poo poo he'd avoid drawing attention to his politics beyond vague "republicans are moderate" remarks, but instead he keeps using his platform to make sure everyone knows how stupid his ideas are.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Borscht posted:

oh yeah striking a bunch of money that was never going to be paid back that exists on an excel spreadsheet is totally gonna gently caress up inflation way worse and be a bigger moral hazard than a dude that's constantly flaunting the SEC tanking the stock market to make the chuds feel like they owned some libs by proxy, yup.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Borscht posted:

lol Mr. Musk how are you, taking a break from your new website?

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Borscht posted:

I met somebody who deflected their insecurities about knowledge in economics thus all the left are like this.

Nice video though.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
This is exactly what I'm talking about. If anyone disagrees with a single part of the dogma, it's an instant dogpile. Its gross

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Borscht posted:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. If anyone disagrees with a single part of the dogma, it's an instant dogpile. Its gross

Have you considered that a large number of people disagreeing with you might mean you're wrong? It's not a guarantee of course. The majority is not always right. But if you say something and nobody agrees with you, maybe consider that you're the common denominator in this equation.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Just using the term 'moral hazard' is not just disagreeing with dogma, it's straight up heresy.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 22, 2022

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

“Moderate wing”

Well he did also unban Kathy Griffin so really it's a wash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Borscht posted:

It isn't a dog pile it's just listening to what you're saying and responding.