Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
my grandfather was a buisnessman who made businesses.

In my youth I asked him about LLC's and the ads I saw for corporations etc.

This is what he said to me and it always stood out.

"you see rail, a llc or buisness is just a loving name on paper, TELL ME HOW THE MONEYS MADE!"

EDIT: holy poo poo page 410 just ten more pages of poo poo posting and ELON WILL VISIT US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
I would like Elon's meat to be launched into space

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Steadiman posted:

I would like Elon's meat to be launched into space

I had Stable Diffusion open and put this in on a whim.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Borscht posted:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. If anyone disagrees with a single part of the dogma, it's an instant dogpile. Its gross

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Right winger pretending to be centrist: I think we shouldn’t give money to poor people
Dozens of reactions: what lol that’s dumb
Right winger: ugh dogma amirite

Twitter employee: I lost my job
Hundreds of right wingers all posting at the same time: ahaha good gently caress you you Commie lazy liberal you’re so stupid and don’t know how to code you probably spend 4 hours a week working unlike me who works 95 hours getting real actual man poo poo done unlike you in liberal bullshit California with your taxes and purple hair. It should be legal to murder anyone like you. Can’t wait for GodMan Musk to make it legal

Hardcastlemccormik fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 22, 2022

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I had an idea, luckily someone with more talent did too:

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

The Postman posted:

salient max deboost

The Adventures of Salient Max Deboost Beyond Meatspace: A Syfy Original Movie

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1594962842196664320

Things Elon thinks he can do but he definitely can’t:
-code
https://twitter.com/alexeheath/status/1594920044533669888

And if it wasn’t bad enough having Mr. Magoo read your code, your benefits are gone too.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol what is he even doing

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
What the gently caress? Even the most broken brained sycophants must have a limit to how much they are willing to be dumped on before quitting.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

kazil posted:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/gw3xkBBCnpvr77Dq/giphy.gif?cid=5e214886wlakspnh1mzu13iphz2v0inp88sgvehz1mhehrkd&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Every visa-sponsored hostage at Twitter is developing calluses from sending their resume to every single email inbox they can find

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Micromanaged by someone who has no loving idea what you do has to be utterly demoralizing.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1594962842196664320

Things Elon thinks he can do but he definitely can’t:
-code

And if it wasn’t bad enough having Mr. Magoo read your code, your benefits are gone too.

What the gently caress is this management style? For a company of this size?

gently caress me he's running this poo poo like the worst of Small Business dictators.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

kazil posted:

So far "I'm embarrassed that I let conservative twitter convince me this was a good idea, so I'm taking out my rage on these employees until this thing goes bankrupt and I can live this down" hasn't let me down yet as a lens to watch this through.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

🫶
:goatsecx:

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Lol even trump thinks this guy sucks

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Every time I thought “surely he’s done being a manager clown,” it turns out I just lack imagination in the ways someone can completely gently caress up running a software/web company.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Serious_Cyclone posted:

So far "I'm embarrassed that I let conservative twitter convince me this was a good idea, so I'm taking out my rage on these employees until this thing goes bankrupt and I can live this down" hasn't let me down yet as a lens to watch this through.

It seems more and more like he's trying to intentionally tank the company and then blame it on the woke left or w/e

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

I'd love to see the chud argument for both demanding 80hrs/week in person in the office and cutting daycare benefits.

Like, if we put aside how much Munt is running Twitter eXtreme like he's a dipshit teenager on a powertrip, that poo poo just straight up doesn't make sense unless your goal is to force people to quit.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

fishing with the fam posted:

What the gently caress? Even the most broken brained sycophants must have a limit to how much they are willing to be dumped on before quitting.

I presume at this point everyone left is on an H-1B visa and leaving the job would mean they are in the US illegally.

It cannot be stressed enough how the H-1B system is modern indentured servitude. Your employer can do whatever they want to you and your only option is to accept it or quit and leave the country. Technically you can try and find another company to sponsor you, but that just gives the new company more leverage to screw you, which they will because hiring you on requires more time and money than a citizen.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Decon posted:

I'd love to see the chud argument for both demanding 80hrs/week in person in the office and cutting daycare benefits.

Like, if we put aside how much Munt is running Twitter eXtreme like he's a dipshit teenager on a powertrip, that poo poo just straight up doesn't make sense unless your goal is to force people to quit.

that one is easy at least

they think women should stay at home and raise children instead of working

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Meat space is the space between your meat and your anus ie it’s a gendered word for taint.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Because super talented, smart people LOVE having the CEO micromanage their every decision.

He's gonna lose anyone left.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lol this thing is even more grift right

Just fire up a huge section of code pre optimized so you look like you are very work hard

loving musk. He might as well turn the Twitter servers into a Bitcoin mining op so he can recover millions in losses ..on a 44 bil purchase

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Having fired everyone who knew how all the hardware and software works, we are delighted to announce that we ARE NOW HIRING software/hardware techies (please apply quickly, everything is on fire for some reason).

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

BrownieVK posted:

Lol what a loving goober

Elon Musk, the goobermensch.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Borscht posted:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. If anyone disagrees with a single part of the dogma, it's an instant dogpile. Its gross

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I love the chud trope of trying to be the tough truth teller and then immediately acting presecuted when people disagree with you. Sorry pal, if we just let you say anything you want without any kind of rebuttal, it would be a moral hazard :lol:

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
From Platformer:

“During one Sunday meeting, Musk explained the concept of native advertising to the team, according to one person who was there, despite the fact that the employees were already well aware of the format. He said that the company’s ads should “look like tweets,” one employee said, despite the fact that the company’s ads already are tweets.”

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Its not even about costs or profit, its just forcing out anyone with self worth.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Decon posted:

“Feel free to pay for daycare if you need it”

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

What the gently caress is this management style? For a company of this size?

*Formerly that size.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
You can leave your kids at the Tesla daycare facility, where they can spend all day trying not to get hit by our cars. Best part is they’ll be so tuckered out by the end of the day you can put ‘em right to bed!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
There is only one kind of employee from one demographic who Musk has unilateral control over, and they don't use daycare benefits

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
I don't even understand how he'd be able to review hundreds of emails with code every Friday, even if he was a good coder that would be a huge task. And how would he even be able to tell what's good and what isn't without the greater context of whatever the code slots in to. And if he could do that, then what? Is he gonna spend the weekend marking up corrections? How can anyone think this is smart management?

DONKEY SALAMI posted:

Elon Musk, the goobermensch.
lol

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

To solve the daycare issue Elon requires remaining employees to sterilize themselves

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Because super talented, smart people LOVE having the CEO micromanage their every decision.

He's gonna lose anyone left.

yes, the meet space. a space for meat.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Listen, Elon never needed daycare. Why should you?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Why would you even want that many emails from all your employees? poo poo sounds nightmarish to sift through every Friday, and there is no loving way he reads all of them.

I worked at an education building where the Administrator had daily end of day emails where we had to say what we did, and there's no loving way she ever read any of them because I must have sent the same email with a different date over 100 times at least.

All that does is make every employee loving hate you.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

it's just making a paper-trail for future layoffs. it's so they have something to show when they fire you. lawyer management technique. he's not going to read the code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

TulliusCicero posted:

Why would you even want that many emails from all your employees? poo poo sounds nightmarish to sift through every Friday, and there is no loving way he reads all of them.

If I were to venture a guess it would be a decent way to collect information you could then use (manipulate) as leverage against an employee should the need ever arise. But I don't know very much about employment law of whatever jurisdictions he has to contend with, if it's at will I'm guessing it's irrelevant.