Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Pirated copy owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Speaking of horrible Tumblr flashbacks

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Liesa's got some 'splainin' to do

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
I really like Lita. She'll untap all your vehicles right? I have a dumb 'ol Depala vehicles EDH pile of dumb stuff that'll go right in.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

TotalHell posted:

Hey, how about some Jumpstart 2022 cards?

At the beginning of your end step, you may attach an equipment named "arm" to a Lieta, stay safe.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

resistentialism posted:

At the beginning of your end step, you may attach an equipment named "arm" to a Lieta, stay safe.

:eyepop:
It's even got the giant buzzsaw

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Pirated Copy :allears:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Pirated copy owns

:hmmyes:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We have Celestine at home.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

jassi007 posted:

I really like Lita. She'll untap all your vehicles right? I have a dumb 'ol Depala vehicles EDH pile of dumb stuff that'll go right in.

She only untaps artifact creatures, so if you Crewed your Vehicles they should be affected, but otherwise they won't be.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

serefin99 posted:

She only untaps artifact creatures, so if you Crewed your Vehicles they should be affected, but otherwise they won't be.

Goes great with the Transformers that are vehicles since Living Metal automatically makes them artifact creatures during your turn.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

another reprint of blood artist in jumpstart when it had both regular/extended new art in 2x2?

edit: meant borderless

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 22, 2022

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Strong Sauce posted:

another reprint of blood artist in jumpstart when it had both regular/extended new art in 2x2?

It's a fan-favorite uncommon. Why wouldn't they?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
This is insane, nutso. The safety valve has been reversed from "triggers on fair uses only" to "only when being degenerate"

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did mono-W have a Felidar combo before this guy? It’s slow, but it’s kind of cool and you can use some of your infinite copies to blow up Stax pieces I guess.

fadam fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 22, 2022

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Strong Sauce posted:

Maaaan I really like the Voss Blood Artist (have a signed foil in a commander deck) but that's really nice too. Will probably never stop brewing around it in Modern.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Toshimo posted:

It's a fan-favorite uncommon. Why wouldn't they?

Plus a lot of the commons/uncommons are reprints from the last Jumpstart given how its a Themes matter product.

I'm not opposed to the anime treatment really, but so far all we've seen is either Low Quality Art but Innocuous or Quality Art but Thirsty.

I mean compare that Palm Reading card to the showcase Ao, The Dawn Sky the artist did. You wouldn't know they were the same artist. It's like the art direction was "Give something more, DragonBall Z fight episode quality."

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Rhystic Study reprint and anime Kasmina in Jumpstart 2022:

https://articles.starcitygames.com/...nel=tw-26833198

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

AngryBooch posted:

Rhystic Study reprint and anime Kasmina in Jumpstart 2022:

This Jumpstart set seems kinda fun and I'd love to get some rhystic studieses. This art's a little more fun than the elf chilling.

Who's the blue woman and are those fangs or more like a troll's tusks? Is her hair on fire a little bit or is there little phoenix or something nesting there?

precision posted:

You know, I just had to finally tell youtube to stop showing me pleasant kenobi poo poo

I checked him out a few times after seeing some of the relatively chill podcast eps he does with the professor. His videos all have the very basic clickbaity structure and it kinda felt like he was always just ranting and railing about Magic instead of making interesting or useful content. Everyone playing magic has all the magic ranting I ever need covered so don't need always-pissed youtubers.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 22, 2022

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I love it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
please tell me there's a lil angel equivalent

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Khanstant posted:

Who's the blue woman and are those fangs or more like a troll's tusks? Is her hair on fire a little bit or is there little phoenix or something nesting there?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
And the other one is Zimone, Quandrix Prodigy.

https://scryfall.com/card/stx/250/zimone-quandrix-prodigy

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Hopefully this'll drive down the price of Rhystic Study a bit so I can be the guy constantly asking to draw cards

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
How long before Arena adds a "Pay the 1?? *annoying smug face*" emote I wonder.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fadam posted:

Did mono-W have a Felidar combo before this guy? It’s slow, but it’s kind of cool and you can use some of your infinite copies to blow up Stax pieces I guess.

From the top of my head I assume Felidar and Resto combo.

These jumpstart cards are eternal only, right?

E: also I'm thinking ephemerate and vial as the big picture. Or bouncing an o ring type thing.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 22, 2022

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

From the top of my head I assume Felidar and Resto combo.

These jumpstart cards are eternal only, right?

That's just infinite ETBs tho right? At least this gives you lovely little creatures.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Bugsy posted:

And the other one is Zimone, Quandrix Prodigy.

https://scryfall.com/card/stx/250/zimone-quandrix-prodigy

That's awesome, flaming headband thingies. And Mercurial Artist being a copy spell effect and zimone a draw effect is a fun include for a card that you draw when another player casts something -- cool!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Well, my countdown calendar Secret Lair came in. Weirdly (and whimsically I guess) they provide you with sticky hangers for if you want to hang the secret lair packs like stockings or decoration or something. I think I’ll just take mine out of the box.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
is it just a bunch of plain envelopes with 1 card in each?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TotalHell posted:

Well, my countdown calendar Secret Lair came in. Weirdly (and whimsically I guess) they provide you with sticky hangers for if you want to hang the secret lair packs like stockings or decoration or something. I think I’ll just take mine out of the box.

It’s an advent calendar.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Both my calendar and my coin flip commander deck (from literally a year ago at this point) arrived today.

As if I care about actually following the calendar though. Even the packaging says "Let's be honest, you're gonna open all of these at once."

Foils:

Mishra's Factory
Necropotence
Glimpse of Nature
Lightning Helix
Bogardan Hellkite
Siege Rhino
Dragonlord Ojutai
Thalia, Heretic Cathar
Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh
Arclight Phoenix

Secret Card: Lotus Field (foil)

Mostly lower value ones. Was really hoping for foil Pod, Mox, and Ponder, but that's luck for ya. Some really cool ones in there though.

Khanstant posted:

is it just a bunch of plain envelopes with 1 card in each?

They're in irritating packets that feel more like mylar than the typical pack of cards. Kind of annoying to open when you want to be careful with the single card inside of them.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 22, 2022

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s an advent calendar.

Yes, but I was surprised that they included decorating accoutrements.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

My advent order came in recently and included 2 extra advent calendars I hadn’t paid for so that’s cool. Me and my 3 year old enjoyed opening a zillion packs and sorting out the scary ones :3:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

LeafHouse posted:

My advent order came in recently and included 2 extra advent calendars I hadn’t paid for so that’s cool. Me and my 3 year old enjoyed opening a zillion packs and sorting out the scary ones :3:

How does that even happen lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/mountain_goats/status/1594817710768234496

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The only Mountain Goats song I know is the one that went viral a year or so ago

the line "I am drowning, there is no sign of land" sounds contradictory for a deck but surprisingly relevant somehow

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I love the mountain goats and even I am cringing pretty hard

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Finally an excuse for my LGS to go No Children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008