Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

PostNouveau posted:

What if the Moon was, like, 100 km above the Earth?

No need to do this one, already been covered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/440262092961357824

he’s back folks

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

It’s 2018 again

https://twitter.com/sheerahkahn/status/1110241017561636864?s=46&t=k83MIZl-iKugoJCOLi0Q7w

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

the oats of donald j trump

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

the oats of donald j trump

I thought they had cancelled the rest of the Fantastic Beasts movies

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
When’s Musk going to allow the Krassensteins back on?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Which episode did they really get into predictions about the 2022 election?

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Quick search shows 620 which was a beltway episode with Dave Weigel.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
I-tale-ians jesus christ Felix get a new bit

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/benclarkson/status/1593278819774898184?cxt=HHwWkICxjaSpu5wsAAAA

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

When’s Musk going to allow the Krassensteins back on?

They're not famous or edgy enough to register with him. It would be funny but as far as I know they're not escaping any trafficking charges.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

i really appreciated will's intro for this most recent episode. i know it can feel hack when every media/corporate mouthpiece does lip service to a highly publicized tragedy, but this didn't feel like kohl's tweeting black lives matter. idk, i appreciate the attempt to point out that though we get together at the trough to enjoy some jokes at the expense of the wealthy deranged, these people, their connections, their ideologies, and their ultimate goals really are about causing pain and death to entire communities. and sometimes it's nice to hear the jokeman share a vulnerable moment of humanity with the rest of us as we somewhat helplessly watch this horror progress and unfold. im glad he took a minute to hold space for the Q nightclub victims and fought against inertia in american culture to treat every new mass shooting as business as usual.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

These Silicon Valley eugenists are horrifying

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/CHAPOTRAPHOUSE/status/1595068216090726401

The Master race

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I majored in computer science but I'll never understand the kind of techbro dorks who think they're god's gift to society because they know how to code. One of the most important things that college taught me was that I wasn't nearly as smart as I thought I was, and that there's a lot I don't know about CS and programming.

e: You may not like it, but this is peak masculinity -

Only the best genes from the billionaire whose face looks like a puckered rear end in a top hat.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 22, 2022

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

They look like they're both simultaneously young and old

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

These guys have an audiolog story in a Bioshock game that ends with one of them murdering the other

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I majored in computer science but I'll never understand the kind of techbro dorks who think they're god's gift to society because they know how to code. One of the most important things that college taught me was that I wasn't nearly as smart as I thought I was, and that there's a lot I don't know about CS and programming.

That's because you weren't also rich.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No Dignity posted:

These guys have an audiolog story in a Bioshock game that ends with one of them murdering the other
Bingo

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

e: You may not like it, but this is peak masculinity -

Only the best genes from the billionaire whose face looks like a puckered rear end in a top hat.

Yes, but have you considered that you make more money than a Humanities or a "Mrs" major?

Anyway, this Peterson guy sure is making a lot of sense

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

if Niles and Maris stayed together

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Heath posted:

They look like they're both simultaneously young and old

Precocious 58 year olds, yeah. It’s because they’re probably in their early-mid 40’s and they want to look 22, but the only style guide they have is from the 70’s.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Chakan posted:

Precocious 58 year olds, yeah. It’s because they’re probably in their early-mid 40’s and they want to look 22, but the only style guide they have is from the 70’s.

blazer tie vest pocket square and JEANS wtf

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

blazer tie vest pocket square and JEANS wtf

I recently saw the columbo episode where the killer is a mensa guy and several of the smart people were wearing that.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Chakan posted:

I think it's the opposite. One of the articles said they're in their mid 30s, but they probably work in the upper echelons of a tech/finance/law firm and have to dress like their older bosses to advance.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Nice profile on the bruenigs imo

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

matureaudiencesonly posted:

im glad he took a minute to hold space for the Q nightclub victims and fought against inertia in american culture to treat every new mass shooting as business as usual.
youd certainly never hear it from suspicious knockoff "left wing" podcasters like Krystal Ball or Jimmy Dore

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That's gotta be the crown jewel of Will saying you have to look up whoever they're talking about. I was expecting two Silicon Valley looking thirty somethings dressing like they're in college not like they're their grandparents.

"biologically young" lmao

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Greatbacon posted:

I think it's the opposite. One of the articles said they're in their mid 30s, but they probably work in the upper echelons of a tech/finance/law firm and have to dress like their older bosses to advance.

christ, I didn’t think I could hate them more.

I do like these people are most “worried” about the sun and AI overlords, instead of the material issues like climate change. Matt touches on this, but those are boring and scary and feel like they can’t be fixed & besides there’s already a lot of people working on climate change so let’s move on.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Forceholy posted:

Yes, but have you considered that you make more money than a Humanities or a "Mrs" major?

Anyway, this Peterson guy sure is making a lot of sense

Elon's definitely the type that would say something like, "Who needs reading and literature? I didn't get rich that way; we'll have robots for that in our tech utopia!"

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
somehow missed this one. love the Evangelion laser rifle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWo5yBSEM44

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
This episode was the best in a while. Just good topics, an amazing reading series, and great takes all around.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

i really appreciated will's intro for this most recent episode. i know it can feel hack when every media/corporate mouthpiece does lip service to a highly publicized tragedy, but this didn't feel like kohl's tweeting black lives matter. idk, i appreciate the attempt to point out that though we get together at the trough to enjoy some jokes at the expense of the wealthy deranged, these people, their connections, their ideologies, and their ultimate goals really are about causing pain and death to entire communities. and sometimes it's nice to hear the jokeman share a vulnerable moment of humanity with the rest of us as we somewhat helplessly watch this horror progress and unfold. im glad he took a minute to hold space for the Q nightclub victims and fought against inertia in american culture to treat every new mass shooting as business as usual.

every time Will speaks about trans rights I'm struck by his angry sincerity and sense of injustice. better then any massaged statement I've ever heard. the first dreher roast where he took a second to sincerely speak out about trans rights is entirely why I have stayed listening all these years.

Groundskeeper Silly
Sep 1, 2005

My philosophy...
The first rule is:
You look good.

I was relieved when he revealed the tragedy he was talking about and it wasn't all some joke about a non-event that nobody cares about (like a Bill Maher show getting canceled or something).

Scromit Comet
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Famethrowa posted:

every time Will speaks about trans rights I'm struck by his angry sincerity and sense of injustice. better then any massaged statement I've ever heard. the first dreher roast where he took a second to sincerely speak out about trans rights is entirely why I have stayed listening all these years.

Yea it’s easy to forget in the sea of “GloboChem says trans rights (no coverage for hormones though)” poo poo but statements of genuine support from fairly “big” people (in our dumb little internet world at least) do mean something. Wil clearly feels genuine empathy for the lgbtq community and a special level of disgust at the open violent rhetoric and hate aimed at trans people

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Andrew from E1 said they were going to do a charity stream and Will immediately volunteered to be part of it. I imagine we’ll hear more about that soon.

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

I'm overall glad that chapo recognizes their niche these days as the funny jokesters with some analysis and doesn't wade too frequently into turning the chair backwards "let's get real gang" stuff, but yeah I did really appreciate Will's and the E1 guys' statements and I'm glad they took the time to make it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1595123360270143488?t=6Y59jYCVf3Mtc_G-738BXQ&s=19

Funnier because Felix was pronouncing it wrong. It's Marinovich.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Clod Moronobitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Love to repopulate the earth with my superioir infertility and sensory processing disorder genetics.