Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

First impressions of harvestella: Something is very, very weird with this game's analogue movement. it wants to snap you into moving in cardinal directions, and if you move diagonally relative to the camera, it seems like you move substantially slower? I feel like it has to just be a psychological thing because it would be too insane if it actually worked that way, but your animation actually changes when moving at a diagonal and it really feels like you do slow down (even though you can freely rotate the camera so there's no reason for this to be a thing).

The baby tier "watering can" is some kind of nightmarish cyber irrigator toothbrush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Cowcaster posted:

edit: this whole conversation reminds me that i have no idea why i've never been able to dislodge this from the rarest achievements showcase on my steam profile, there's way harder achievements out there to do

Aside from the original point you are making, the obvious solution is to achieve even rarer achievements:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pro strats for getting rare cheevos.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
^^^ is that a separate achievement specific to the CBT version? lol

Flair posted:

Aside from the original point you are making, the obvious solution is to achieve even rarer achievements:

high five lost ark pvp buddy

sad question
May 30, 2020

Another Arkham tip (I think it applies to Asylum) is that combo does not reset when Batman does the jumping over a thug animation. So if if you want to buy time because you're not sure who to safely attack you can jump over dumbasses until you find a good position.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Kazzah posted:

Knight has the same number of Riddler things as Asylum does :colbert:

Yes, but I will happily Asylum trophy hunting over and over, compared to touch some of those Knight ones. And I'm the crazy fool who tried to do all the Origin ones when they had a bug that made 100%ing it impossible.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Nov 22, 2022

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

The baby tier "watering can" is some kind of nightmarish cyber irrigator toothbrush.

it's a giant swiss army knife that transforms into all of your weapons and tools

its really obvious if you look at the character art in the status menu

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ShadowMar posted:

it's a giant swiss army knife that transforms into all of your weapons and tools

its really obvious if you look at the character art in the status menu

Oh is this God Eater 4?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Fuligin posted:

imo... prodeus is simply not on the level of amid evil or dusk...

. . . or cultic . . . . . . . or cruelty squad . . . . . . . . . or even postal brain damaged lol.

idk what it is about prodeus but it feels bad to play, for me. it feels kinda like a super budget FPS with a very expensive coat of paint. that's what my brain worms are telling me when i'm playing it in anyway. they're always right about everything.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Foul Fowl posted:

like a super budget FPS with a very expensive coat of paint.

That's a good description of it. The fundamentals such as the menagerie are all wrong, but it's got a very distinctive art style that'd look great if they ever did anything else with it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Prodeus was awesome and I enjoyed every minute I was playing it. I thought most of the levels had really interesting designs, too. The biggest bummer was the ending because that whole fight felt like the prelude to the final boss, not the final boss itself.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Happy Steam Sale Day to all who celebrate!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I mourn.

tonberrykng
May 1, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Oh yeah I'll also buy this for $5 ($7.50 for the gold edition!) on sale.
Is this deal real? Or are you saying that's the price point you would be willing to pay for Immortals Fenyx Rising?

I looked around, and there were some sales going on for Black Friday (Black November?) but nowhere near that cheap.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Ubisoft games don't go that cheap anymore. Hell, very few non-indie games do.

tonberrykng
May 1, 2009
That's what I figured, but seen crazier deals for Black Friday, and Immortals was kind of a bomb for Ubisoft.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft adds games to Steam, but will save the best deals for their own platform.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Kazzah posted:

Knight has the same number of Riddler things as Asylum does :colbert:

About the same number of trophies but a lot more stuff overall, isn't it? I have 100% completed asylum a few times and the amount of riddler stuff in knight was just overwhelming

Mierenneuker posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft adds games to Steam, but will save the best deals for their own platform.

The cheapest Ubi games are from third parties like Green Man or Fanatical which give keys for the Ubi platform, so yeah, pretty much. I doubt that'll change.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
At least for me, Knight's Riddler stuff was way less omnipresent and overwhelming compared to City's but also overall lower quality. Lots of trophies just randomly hanging out in some otherwise empty part of the open world.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Re: Ubisoft, ironically you're more likely to get something like Immortals for free as a special Ubi Connect holiday promo than to see it on sale for $5. Or it just nonchalantly shows up in a Humble bundle or something.

Phlegmish posted:

Thanks. I've started practicing a little; I'm trying not to button mash and to get my combo up as high as possible. I'm still not really seeing any prompts for special takedown moves, not sure what I'm doing wrong. The only one that's always visible is the left Ctrl + RMB finishing move, but I don't use that one since the animation takes way too long.

e: ah I see, you need a pretty high combo for the left Shift + RMB finishing move

The tell that you can do a special takedown is the combo meter turning yellow and vibrating/glowing/sparking/whatever you want to call it. I had to go look it up because it's been a minute and Asylum does things differently, but the upgrades go Special Combo Throw -> Special Combo Takedown (aka "this enemy is instantly, unblockably, uninterruptibly removed from combat now") -> reduce how many combo hits you need to charge up a special move from 8 down to 5.

Combine that last one with the Critical Hits upgrade that gives you double damage and double combo hit credit as long as you stay on-rhythm and suddenly you're charging those special moves every 3 hits and you start really Batmanning the hell out of huge mobs of enemies.

Cowcaster posted:

ahhh two different versions of the game would definitely do it

I don't remember if it was all or nothing or some combined monstrosity like Dawn of War 2, but OG Asylum went through GFWL so it might not have had Steam achievements at all before a certain point.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 22, 2022

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Love the Riddler challenges. "This famous criminal is a real LAUGH" "The Joker?" "haha omg had to think about that much? lmao. actually that one you were supposed to guess. and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad."

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I still think it was weird for him to go all Jigsaw in City (but then, the whole series tended to be overly gritty and tryhard with City being the worst for it), but I appreciate that they changed things up with him in each game. The way they set him up in Origins is even really good IMO.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude loves those subterranean race tracks more than he loves riddles, and boy does he love riddles.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

steam's autumn sale is gonna be starting today, but as always, the interesting deals aren't gonna be the AAA stuff, unless certain games bombed. i still have 60 games in my wishlist from this year alone so i'm curious to see how many of them go on sale. i'm thinking about kharon's crypt, powerslave, my time at sandrock, asterigos, and hob's barrow

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

The 7th Guest posted:

steam's autumn sale is gonna be starting today, but as always, the interesting deals aren't gonna be the AAA stuff, unless certain games bombed. i still have 60 games in my wishlist from this year alone so i'm curious to see how many of them go on sale. i'm thinking about kharon's crypt, powerslave, my time at sandrock, asterigos, and hob's barrow

Dome Keeper already being 20% off is a little surprising.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

looks like the Steam Awards this year are forcing you to pick games from this year. cowards

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
luckily The Bible just came out so

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The 7th Guest posted:

looks like the Steam Awards this year are forcing you to pick games from this year. cowards

As is correct

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Pixel Remasters will never go on sale

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I can't nominate Terraria for labor of love for the millionth year in a row, awards are trash

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Alright, here are some 2022 games on sale..

Grapple Dog $7.49 (this one? It's good, folks)
Stacklands $3.74
Prodeus $19.99
NORCO $10.49
Return to Monkey Island $19.99
Nightmare Reaper $17.49
Symphony of War $13.99
Roadwarden $8.24
Vampire Survivors $4.24
FixFox $7.49
Haiku the Robot $14.99
The Centennial Case $29.99 (oof, can we get a deeper discount please)
Souldiers $13.99
Frogun $11.24
Spark the Electric Jester 3 $13.74
Jack Move $13.99
Asterigos $27.99
Gedonia $11.24
Strange Horticulture $9.74
Taiji $19.99
Fashion Police Squad $15.99
Sunday Gold $17.59
Beacon Pines $15.99
Sephonie $20.99
Supraland Six Inches Under $11.99
ADACA $17.49
Forgive Me Father $15.99
Escape Academy $15.99
Eternal Threads $11.99
Atelier Sophie 2 $41.99
Soul Hackers 2 $41.99

If you're thinking "welp, I guess inflation's even having an impact on my sweet game deals" then perhaps look into some 2021 games:

Kaze & the Wild Masks $7.99
Death's Door $9.99
Gunfire Reborn $13.99
Recompile $7.99
TOEM $6.79
ElecHead $7.99
Webbed $7.49
Hoa $7.49
Astalon $11.99
Overboard $8.99
Super Sami Roll $8.99
Strangeland $10.49
Lacuna $6.39
Blue Fire $7.99
The Big Con $5.09
Library of Ruina $10.19

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 22, 2022

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

as always, check isthereanydeal.com because steam's sale prices are often not the lowest available

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Please tell me the currency is called "grilla" and your goal in the game is to get mad grilla. That would instantly enter the top list of video game currency names:

5. Munny (Kingdom Hearts)
4. Gald (Tales)
3. Gil (FF)
2. Goth (Ogre Battle)
1. Potch (Suikoden)

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Are any of those games graphically beautiful? Got a new pc coming in hot

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

big cummers ONLY posted:

Nah I focus mostly on indie games. Pretty games for a new PC would be stuff like Stray ($23.99) or Cyberpunk ($29.99) but those aren't exactly the cheapest deals, certainly 2077's been cheaper.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

OzFactor posted:

Please tell me the currency is called "grilla" and your goal in the game is to get mad grilla. That would instantly enter the top list of video game currency names:

5. Munny (Kingdom Hearts)
4. Gald (Tales)
3. Gil (FF)
2. Goth (Ogre Battle)
1. Potch (Suikoden)

Where's Valkyrie Profile's Oath on this list?

mad grilla would be my top 1 though

Netrunner
Aug 31, 2019

So far I want to pick up The Case of the Golden Idol and ZERO Sievert. Neither of them have a good discount (only 10% off) but they are the two games I really want. I've only heard good things about The Case of the Golden Idol and I love detective games. As for ZERO Sievert, I can always use more STALKER-likes.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

big cummers ONLY posted:

Do you have Control yet? I think it's the best implementation I've personally seen of ray tracing. Gorgeous and unique game visually, and great generally.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Netrunner posted:

So far I want to pick up The Case of the Golden Idol and ZERO Sievert. Neither of them have a good discount (only 10% off) but they are the two games I really want. I've only heard good things about The Case of the Golden Idol and I love detective games. As for ZERO Sievert, I can always use more STALKER-likes.

Case of the Golden Idol is a really fantastic game. Only real downside is that it's kinda short.

If you liked Obra Dinn you will like Golden Idol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Netrunner
Aug 31, 2019

kazil posted:

Case of the Golden Idol is a really fantastic game. Only real downside is that it's kinda short.

If you liked Obra Dinn you will like Golden Idol

I do love Obra Dinn, and that's what I keep hearing, so I will definitely pick it up!