Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd take a empty hub if it meant I could swap characters in under a minute of loading and could share their loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Dunno if it was a hotfix, or turning my graphics settings to low, but the game runs much smoother now.

Still gonna chill out until launch though. Game is cool but needs a bit more meat on its bones for me to really dig into it.

Also I've done very little Goon gaming, especially with voice comms. Are Tide newbies welcome with stuff? I promise I'm trying I'm just bad at the game.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Speaking of voice coms, has anyone gotten the ingame push to talk to work? for some reason it's default set to mute yourself, but even adjusting that it doesn't work for me.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Jerkface posted:

Not tried
shotgun

You really owe it to yourself to try it. It doesn't hold up as well on 3+, or so my friends have told me, but having used it in the earlier closed beta, the animation, the sound, the punchiness of it.

It may legitimately be one of my favourite sounding and feeling shotguns in any video game. Doom 3, for all it's faults, still had one of the Top 5 shotguns in video games, and this is up there.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

CuddleCryptid posted:

Sounds like a skill issue because as many have said the heavy laspistol can headshot pretty reliably.

So can the lasrifle. And also it can... well, be a lasrifle.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

wedgie deliverer posted:

Also I've done very little Goon gaming, especially with voice comms. Are Tide newbies welcome with stuff? I promise I'm trying I'm just bad at the game.

In my experience 'tide Goons are very cool and reasonable people. Very knowledgeable, too.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

dogstile posted:

Every time I get to the ship I just assume that they wanted to make a different game and that's the hub for it. It's really weird, just give me a loving menu.

Both of this dev’s previous games feature a hub that only spends time loading/connecting you to the players you’re actually matched with, and have hotkeys to jump to the various menus in the hub so you don’t have to waste time running around if you don’t want to. They absolutely love to spend their dev time fixing random things that aren’t broken.

wedgie deliverer posted:

Dunno if it was a hotfix, or turning my graphics settings to low, but the game runs much smoother now.

Still gonna chill out until launch though. Game is cool but needs a bit more meat on its bones for me to really dig into it.

There have been a bunch of new players in discord.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Internet Explorer posted:

In my experience 'tide Goons are very cool and reasonable people. Very knowledgeable, too.

I have been grouped with quite a few assholes in my life.

Never through Goonintide (or however you fuckers call it now)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Kaldaris posted:

You really owe it to yourself to try it. It doesn't hold up as well on 3+, or so my friends have told me, but having used it in the earlier closed beta, the animation, the sound, the punchiness of it.

It may legitimately be one of my favourite sounding and feeling shotguns in any video game. Doom 3, for all it's faults, still had one of the Top 5 shotguns in video games, and this is up there.

I would love if the shop would give me one :shrug:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wish they'd decouple facial hair and hair. Sometimes you want different colored hair on your face than on your head!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Jerkface posted:

I would love if the shop would give me one :shrug:

I think this is kind of the biggest frustration I'm dealing with right now. My ogryn is level 20 and the shop is making GBS threads clubs and ripper guns at me nonstop. In the last 5 or 6 vendor cycles I've been online for I've not found a single rumbler or stubber that wasn't white quality. Like, the weapon variety is an order of a magnitude increased from Vermintide, but the way actual upgrades are doled out feels completely arbitrary even by the standard of Vermintide's loot boxes - but at least you got them every match along with ways to get specific things you are looking for.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is there a way to get rid of the beta text in the top left of the screen? I'm not going crazy right, that did get added with this patch? If I'd somehow not noticed it until now then I might need to get my eyes tested.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 22, 2022

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jimbot posted:

I wish they'd decouple facial hair and hair. Sometimes you want different colored hair on your face than on your head!

buddy i won't be satisfied until they give us manual rgb value control of everything that can be assigned a color

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

buddy i won't be satisfied until they give us manual rgb value control of everything that can be assigned a color

Green hair? That's double heresy!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

thebardyspoon posted:

Is there a way to get rid of the beta text in the top left of the screen? I'm not going crazy right, that did get added with this patch? If I'd somehow not noticed it until now then I might need to get my eyes tested.

Very doubtful, almost every beta has some form of that to show devs what version bugs are on and so you can't pass off beta screenshots/videos as the final product.

Have you tried electrical tape?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

thebardyspoon posted:

They just added that this patch. Because reasons? Maybe something youtubers asked because a lot of Milkandcookiestw's vids are full of shitters asking him why his talents work and why he gets to play on the currently-pulled maps when his footage is like 2 weeks old from a different build, maybe this way it'll have obvious watermarks?

Then again trying to decipher why Fatshark does the things they do is where madness lies

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Staves off the crowbcat video for another week

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Fishstick posted:

They just added that this patch. Because reasons? Maybe something youtubers asked because a lot of Milkandcookiestw's vids are full of shitters asking him why his talents work and why he gets to play on the currently-pulled maps when his footage is like 2 weeks old from a different build, maybe this way it'll have obvious watermarks?

Then again trying to decipher why Fatshark does the things they do is where madness lies

Cheers for confirming it was this patch, I thought it was. Bit annoying to be honest and seems unnecessary.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Fishstick posted:

It was in the closed beta as well.

Just tried out the voidstrike staff, pretty sweet. Only one I haven't tried now is the flamer. I think lightning is my favorite so far because the stun is very useful.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Giant Bardin is real and my friend.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Current assessment: The highs of this game are more than high enough to get me to keep playing through jank, just played the new smelter level with 3 veterans + zealot , all 3 vets with bolters and the melee spread was 2x powersword 2x chainweapon on malice with endless horde and we easily destroyed the mission and looked strong doing it. Just body parts flying everywhere, it was glorious. When that organ chorus music started pumping and all 3 bolters opened up it was just sooooooooooooooooo fire.

I never played VT1 or 2 but it seems like the jank is prolly here to stay but I hope they address some of the gear concerns at least. With a rotating shop I feel like the RNG should be in the perks/quality maybe and the shop should always have 1-2 choices for each currently unlocked weapon for your class.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

ChaseSP posted:

Giant Bardin is real and my friend.

Saltzpyre lookin like he should be standing outside Abercrombie and Fitch

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Fishstick posted:

Saltzpyre lookin like he should be standing outside Abercrombie and Fitch

J Crew Krueber

J Kruber.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Playing with more than 1 ogryn on the team is kind of annoying, they block up entire hallways and block shots.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Popete posted:

Playing with more than 1 ogryn on the team is kind of annoying, they block up entire hallways and block shots.

Counterpoint - playing with sharpshooter as an ogryn is annoying because they always complain about sight lines. Real ones will wade in with a chain sword.

Dehumanize yourself and face to ripper gun.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

95% of pubbies are ignoring shooting specials in favor of shooting unarmed and unarmored mooks. I'm trying to save them ammo!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

Counterpoint - playing with sharpshooter as an ogryn is annoying because they always complain about sight lines. Real ones will wade in with a chain sword.

Get the gently caress out of the way, 99% of the time there is room for you to do so.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Popete posted:

And I swear that the system favors whatever class you are when making teams. The fastest way to fill a squad up with psykers or zealots is to play one, per my experience.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Poppin my F, gonna blast these two Scab Gunn..... and heeeere comes the Ogrynnnnnn

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Again, you might as well start adjusting your gameplay, because ain't nobody thinking about LOS for the shootymans in the back 100% of the time. If the stars align and I can get out of the way, perfect, will do. But the vast, vast majority of the time no one is going to bother.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I gotta say when I think about it this game is a bit rough? The combat and music are topnotch but EVERYTHING else is mediocre. The maps, the objectives, the loot system, the collecting books, the specials are all a bit unimpressive. I could make a very long rambling post about specifics but it all boil down to why isn't stuff more like Vermintide 2 or Deep rock.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

apostateCourier posted:

Get the gently caress out of the way, 99% of the time there is room for you to do so.

No u

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

If I'm meleeing a group of normal guys I don't give a gently caress about the sharpshooter's LOS, you don't need to shoot these guys or the next group when we could just chew through them with melee while barely slowing down

Do try to create gaps for your ranged to utilize when there are targets they are best at dealing with, otherwise pick up your shovel and let's go

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

DeathSandwich posted:

I am playing zealot exclusively and I'm pretty much melee 90% of the time, but I decided to hang back a little bit in this one match with 2 ogryns specifically because I know they aren't very good against ranged enemies.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
You can't control what your team mates do, you can only adjust to compensate. If your team mate wades into combat every single time, focus on killing flankers and the rear. They're clearly signing on to solo both the pox walkers and the specials, let em.

Actually, can an ogryn stand BEHIND a crouching human and still protect them in melee?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Filling a hallways with my massive Ogryn body and then 30 second later slamming alt-f4 so I can go on the steam forums to complain how gunner specials are bullshit and there's literally nothing you can do to stop them during hordes

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Less poo poo-posty: I've played as a sharpshooter with 3 Ogryms and never had a problem with it. If the ogryn is in the way of the target, that target is now the ogryn's problem. If the ogryn takes up the entire screen you shouldn't be shooting anyway, break out the sword and get chopping.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

hemale in pain posted:

I gotta say when I think about it this game is a bit rough? The combat and music are topnotch but EVERYTHING else is mediocre. The maps, the objectives, the loot system, the collecting books, the specials are all a bit unimpressive. I could make a very long rambling post about specifics but it all boil down to why isn't stuff more like Vermintide 2 or Deep rock.

I think if everyone muted the music for a few matches they would probably drop the game for awhile, it carries it real hard.

By the way, patch didn't mention it but it did bring in the smelter map.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 22, 2022

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Popete posted:

I like playing vet with ogryns around. If theyre manhandling an elite or a group of shooters I dont need to shoot it, and I can do other things like focusing solely on specials. Pop the gunners and enemies that they don't have the special eyes to see, and let them slap around the trash while you dump a grenade in their slap-pile every so often. Also bodyblocking works both ways, what you can't hit because of Ogryn flab, can't hit you. With 3 ogryns you have mobile cover everywhere even if theyre using starter equipment.

Other than the few transitions most maps have side corners, elevation, or flank passages that you can slip and slide to way faster than ogryn can get places if you really do need to set up for shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I just want to zap specials from afar with my lasgun