Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oct 15th 2012 I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Development hasn’t even started yet commando.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

colonelwest posted:

Lol, I’m honestly not sure that I’m up for it. I broke a finger recently so I’m gaming one handed. SC is miserable enough to play during normal circumstances.

Will.you attend a Bar Citizen so CIG employees can sign your finger splint at least?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Thronde posted:

Oct 15th 2012 I think.

Look at this FUD! :)

colonelwest posted:

Development hasn’t even started yet commando.

Even with a broken finger he still knows about game development. :discourse:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1594735839502032902

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1594331746522234880
https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1594699053333348352

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Working as an unpaid job recruiter for CIG sure is an interesting hobby.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I heard they finally proc genned a couple planets out fully? How big are they compared to NMS planets? Do they have rivers?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Ireland offering 32% tax incentive for digital games companies ..... How long till CIG Dublin office is announced?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CrispEsteemedCowrie-mobile.mp4

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Who does your home decor?!

Ah, a nice company called Bad Dragon. They tell me the "Hydra Tentacle Phallus with Clit Tickler" is very in this Christmas season for home decorations. The colors are very seasonal!

Hydra Tentacle Phallus with Clit Tickler makes a nice menorah with a tentacle for each night of Hanuka, I'm feeling traditional this year so for Christmas it's red green and white eggs for the Splorch

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

precision posted:

I heard they finally proc genned a couple planets out fully? How big are they compared to NMS planets? Do they have rivers?

They have a river.

Singular

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Contemplate with nice thoughts and utterances.
Another sad day as CIG, despite trying their best, manages to disappoint backers again. :(
After basically confirming the BMM is shelved cause they want to work on new ships that can be sold for even more money CIG decided to increase its price. :angel:

Have some cope on the side:

quote:

Now it could actually be a consolation, price goes up, those that already have it get more "value" from their investment, sucks and I'm probably ccuing mine from $250 to the galaxy if that actually pops up this IAE

quote:

It’s the best investment I have made 😪

quote:

They clearly stated that they couldn't reuse the other assets and that they could sell far more smaller ships in that time.

quote:

The ship is basically a capital ship at this point, it's huge. So yes, the price is going to reflect that. Development prioritisations have no bearing on price, just a ridiculous assertion to push a narrative.

quote:

every ship will get multiple reworks. Because nothing is final. Because, CIG just making things that way, they had no clear vision on systems, mechanics. When it's T0, T1, and ship is already there they see it's not working. It's just part of the process

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

MarcusSA posted:

They have a river.

Singular

Yes but 3.18 will add dozens of new rivers so that's ok.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

4th Stimpire Queen posted:

Yes but 3.18 will add dozens of new rivers so that's ok.

I bet all those rivers will be similar random lines of water with no believable starting or ending points, because understanding how rivers form is for nerds.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Another sad day as CIG, despite trying their best, manages to disappoint backers again. :(
After basically confirming the BMM is shelved cause they want to work on new ships that can be sold for even more money CIG decided to increase its price. :angel:

Have some cope on the side:
Someone forgot to tell the person who looks after their twitter account that BMM was shelved. Awkward.
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1594725087973986304

Disgruntled backers:

https://twitter.com/FabulusGaming/status/1594727728577757184

https://twitter.com/MCentari/status/1594789153698349056

https://twitter.com/Rasa_libre_sk8r/status/1594734616635654144

https://twitter.com/PilksUK/status/1594725981503524864

https://twitter.com/YorksieGaming/status/1594749315813195778

https://twitter.com/Zulu_Foxtrot82/status/1594760462184239104

https://twitter.com/Spencerberg88/status/1594725349727911937

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Dwesa posted:

Disgruntled backers:

Oof, you weren't kidding...those backers are angry!
Great finds! :dance:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I like how they are happy to sell people concepts of ships for hundreds of dollars, then wait years and years before really putting the effort it to it that they said they would, only to then find the work required to be a bit to hard and time consuming for them, so they just decide to 'put a pin in it' for now and give up so they can move onto other easier thing that they think they'll be able to do.

That's a sign of a great company being run by some very classy people.

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

PEScat is back to his usual self, explaining why CIG is the best company ever - surpassing even Disney and consistently delivering for the lifetime of the project - and why he has faith in a game that is totally being built to last 20 or even 30 years.

quote:

In order to make a cogent argument you have to marshal the facts, those facts may have different interpretations, but the facts are indisputable.
(yep, they've done it again!)

If the backer community was losing confidence, why is the average pledge amount per account still rising? Why on Earth are players spending more on their accounts since ship buying and renting came to the game if they were losing confidence?

If the wider gaming community - sans the permanently negative toward the project - held the belief that the the project was failing why are both the Citizen numbers and annual funding increasing at a substantial rate?

Are you sure you are not extrapolating your little pet gripe into something that isn't really there?

We're all disappointed when priorities change, we'd all like our favourite thing constantly at the top of the list of the priorities but that isn't how it works. If you had made this post back in 2016 - 2017 you might have been able to point to the funding stagnation and dwindling average pledge per citizen in support of your argument, as many did, but they were wrong back then and it is wrong now to judge the whole project by a snapshot or soundbite from a video and a niche set of disappointments.

3.18 is a major milestone. Those of us who have followed the project know all about these major milestones, 'no-one' believes it will happen, until it does and that paradigm becomes the normal. 'Everyone' insists CIG are getting it wrong, and they rarely come back and say - Well actually I was the one that was wrong.

Trust and confidence?
Those of who watched Stanton being built bit by painfully iterative bit can't fully relate that experience to someone who will arrive post 3.18 - 4.0 because in their view a whole star system arrives more or less complete, because of those lessons learned, because of the tool making that made the whole system possible. The two experiences are completely different, but those who saw Stanton happen know what it took to get to that possibility. The ships arriving 'complete' now are vastly different to the ships that arrived 'complete' in the past.
Knowing what we know now is there a possibility that many might view this process and say - yeah, when you've perfected the process, then I'll take my dream ship. I'm not enamored of this 'Just get it in!' approach some in the community voice ever so frequently. Some of us remember what it was like to have ships as immobile standing objects in hangars that never opened their doors.

The Banu Merchantman is unique and special, it's why it's so popular - I have 2 of them - I'd rather it comes in a 'knock your socks off' state than the way people feel about the Connies now... and who should I put my faith in? Someone who is clearly partisan enough to ignore evidence to make to a case so far up in the confirmation bias ether, or the guys that have been consistently delivering that evidence for the lifetime of the project?

It takes time and money - and money! To create something this vast and unique, putting out live playable builds while you build, neither that fund raising nor the building of the game have magical answers, the first attempt is always a learning experience and when you consider all that the above facts say they have done phenomenally well, way better than anyone expected. There was no small niche little indy game put out as a training test bed only to be discarded They are attempting something no-one has ever tried before, to build a game to last 20 or even 30 years from the ground up, I doubt even the Disney Corp think that far ahead.

An unfinished project, 10 years old, can still display those charts? Where have you ever seen anything like that before? It isn't dying, it's getting stronger as every day passes. 1.7 Million paying accounts up to last year, many 10's of thousands of hours played by the backers per month, peak players in the hundreds of thousands, a stronger presence on gaming social media and streaming than many established games - yet you are convinced they are 'getting it wrong' in the trust department? I see your alternative facts. They don't convince me and I am one of those waiting on the Banu Merchantman.

4th Stimpire Queen fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Nov 22, 2022

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
That post messing with jpegs displays the massive popularity and media engagement of SC with… all 54 replies

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Highest voted comment to a thread asking why there are so few gameplay loops.

OP's fault for wanting to play SC as a game! Check back in quite a few years! Done when it's done!

Someone should forward this to CIG's marketing department. :allears:

Exhibit #4677 for Star Citizen is the best game AAAA game ever made and I'm having tons of fun with all the gameplay but also it's an alpha and is basically still a tech demo you absolute buffoon!. Goddamn content locusts want new gameplay every 10 years.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Kosumo posted:

Ireland offering 32% tax incentive for digital games companies ..... How long till CIG Dublin office is announced?

The kind of junior staff they employ can't afford rent in Dublin Ireland.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So when is the tenth anniversary of the Banu Merchantman?

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

FishMcCool posted:

The kind of junior staff they employ can't afford rent in Dublin Ireland.

Counter point: you can say they are still building the company and furnishing offices in 2022, so development only started in 2023 actually

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

JugbandDude posted:

Counter point: you can say they are still building the company and furnishing offices in 2022, so development only started in 2023 actually

So that is why they're building and moving into these new offices, to provide backers another ten years of counterpoints and self deception.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

“For development to really start you need to have at least 50 shell companies in place.”

-Shigeru Miyamoto (probably)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

:gary:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

PEScat is back to his usual self, explaining why CIG is the best company ever - surpassing even Disney and consistently delivering for the lifetime of the project - and why he has faith in a game that is totally being built to last 20 or even 30 years.

quote:

+100
I wish I were capable of compiling such a precise and refined text.
So, all I can do is agree with every word you wrote.

quote:

It's @S1rmunchalot! Of course it's well refined. He's one of my favorite people to argue with (when it rarely happens), because I know it is well thought out and I KNOW it is sincere.

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

A well thought out thread asking a very important question in a direct yet polite way?
(and with a shitload of upvotes and positive reactions)

Can't have that! :nono:

Remember, no gatekeeping:

4th Stimpire Queen fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 22, 2022

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

That’s it, i’m closing my wallet (until the next jpeg promotion)

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

A well thought out thread asking a very important question in a direct yet polite way?
(and with a shitload of upvotes and positive reactions)

Can't have that! :nono:

Remember, no gatekeeping:

Lol I love how a simple and polite “given the current glacial rate of non-progress, how do you plan to ever get this poo poo done within a human lifetime?” is tantamount to dev harassment.

Of course the answer is that they could dump the BMM and other capital ships into the game, but they would just be giant single seat fighters with none of the promised gameplay features. They have no idea how to make any of that work, so they continue to kick the can down the road, rolling out concept art or having the devs fly around an Idris whenever they need to drum up ship sales.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 23, 2022

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Pisscat's good question:
If the backer community was losing confidence, why is the average pledge amount per account still rising? Why on Earth are players spending more on their accounts since ship buying and renting came to the game if they were losing confidence?

That's a good question piss cat. In fact it's probably one you should dig into more because that's the question a lot of people are asking. :)

Why is cig making money hand over fist when the global economy is tanking and it seems like nobody is playing the game and it's not even a good game?

How can that be? :iiam:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
This is my jpeg. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Also glad to see cig still digging in deep as a movie vfx studio. Pity they can't make a game but at least the video looks good.

I'm sure it'll bring in another $500,000 because nobody has ever made pre-rendered cutscenes like this before. Breaking new ground here.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Doesn’t look like anyone posted this infographics from r/starcitizen_refunds

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/yzjw38/star_citizen_development_timeline_compared_to/

Holy hell lmbo

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Cutedge posted:

Doesn’t look like anyone posted this infographics from r/starcitizen_refunds

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/yzjw38/star_citizen_development_timeline_compared_to/

Holy hell lmbo

It's an image that just gets funnier the longer you look at and think about it.

Ominous Woosh
Jan 9, 2019

I sleep in a big bed with my wife.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

New aUEC exploit posted:

Hi guys and girls,

I am just wondering and asking what is going on?

There are new players walking around in the verse that have been donated hundreds of millions of aUEC.
For simple pickups people reward them aUEC 100 million.

I have been playing a long time and I have seen many many weird things but to my recollection I have never encountered an aUEC bug/exploit that is as massive as this one.
Personally I do not know how this aUEC exploits works but I have seen enough evidence that it exists in the game since 3.17.4

Is CIG aware? Has this been spotted and reported?

Thank you for your time, have a great day everybody!

quote:

The better word might be 'snow-storming'. It's not directed at the players, it's directed at CIG. It happened in the previous patches. There are two ways to hide something - put it in a place where no-one can see it. That's not possible, CIG sees everything. The alternative is make lots and lots of the same thing appear all over the place so that you can't tell the 'real' from the nefarious - hence 'snow-storming'.

You'll know when CIG addresses the problem the forum will be full of 'new Spectrum contributors' with a firm set of views to express, in multiple languages. You know, at lot like every time they do a wipe.

It's not the odd player doing some exploit and then feeling generous, it's coordinated. This 'griefing' of CIG and the project has been around since the earliest days.

quote:

I don't think you have any evidence for your claim of some organized activity to um.. do something by distributing cash for.. um.. reasons.

This feels like poisoning the well.

quote:

yeah sure... I wonder do you have Ebay where you are?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
All that has been going on for a while, it's a contributing factor for why cig does resets as well.

It's also happening at a time where I can't imagine there are serious hackers trying to make money off of cig by selling currency, it's literally just hobbyists finding these broken mechanics.

And CIGs method of detection is "send us a video of it plz" which is hilarious.

Luckily though they've still got 20 more years to figure it out before it goes into beta. Maybe longer. :shrug:

Any other company might be worried, especially when they place so much value on buying ships for real money. If you have such horrible exploits where people can gift you the money to buy a javelin just for logging in, it makes the real-money sales of space ships and other in game dlc useless. Just ask for money in chat and someone will probably like your pockets with money.

:trustme: What's a splunk?! I never heard of such a thing!

:classiclol: sir, it helps us get logged player data so we can build a picture around finding-

:trustme: Pictures?! I love art! Is this an art tool?

:classiclol: Oh ah, no sir. It's for our programming staff, so they can-

:trustme: gently caress them. They don't need it. Denied!

:classiclol: But sir, we need logging to find-

:trustme: gently caress the programmers. They can figure it out. I had to when I was the best developer in my physics class and built Origin. Denied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Colostomy Bag posted:

Will.you attend a Bar Citizen so CIG employees can sign your finger splint at least?

I almost went to the recent one in Singapore, but my work travel plans changed at the last minute. But I’ll be in the UK after Christmas, so maybe I can just glue some ping pong balls to myself and show up in Manchester for a mocap sesh with the Crobbler.