Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Kalli posted:

Drew Bledsoe was a controlled collapse.

Jets' Lewis can't belt... something something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
uh ok

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1595082126625497088

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Sirianni obviously has a strong personal connection to him, but the Saturday hire pissed off a lot of the coaching and analyst community to the point where they're absolutely salivating at the opportunity to prop up Reich as some kind of victim.

I don't know who Sirianni is hoping to connect with there, though, the fanbase was extremely on board with firing Reich.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Bevell to the Broncos......

After Carolina does the needful

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

ShakeZula posted:

Sirianni obviously has a strong personal connection to him, but the Saturday hire pissed off a lot of the coaching and analyst community to the point where they're absolutely salivating at the opportunity to prop up Reich as some kind of victim.

I don't know who Sirianni is hoping to connect with there, though, the fanbase was extremely on board with firing Reich.

You can't go wrong with Philly fans by making GBS threads on another teams fanbase. Plus Philly loves everybody from that Super Bowl but Wentz.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It's not like Philly was going to let up on the Colts just because Frank Reich was coaching them. They beat them by one point.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the coach was saying to them all, "gently caress you from my friend. bye"

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Every coach the Colts face should be mad that Reich isn't there anymore, because now they don't get to hear him praise them for outcoaching him in his postgame press conferences.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/azbobbymac/status/1595163786905722881

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Do they even do any pulling or a simple wham block? The run there looks so drat simplistic

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Cardinals aren't fun enough to be this bad. They're a slog to watch, they won't win, and they're not getting out of their dumb scheme until 2025 at the earliest

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

In solidarity with Frank Reich the Eagles scored less than 20 points.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Forrest on Fire posted:

The Cardinals aren't fun enough to be this bad. They're a slog to watch, they won't win, and they're not getting out of their dumb scheme until 2025 at the earliest
Does the Arizona media even hold them to account for this poo poo?

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1595436887312826368

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Arizona media immediately pounded the table to bench Kyler for McCoy. They're dumb and bad. Don't expect accountability from them.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/JohnnyVenerable/status/1595437584590643202

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Lol the joke being neither of those are openings yet

drat Sean that’s cold.

But imagine what Payton could do with Herbie

Nov 6, 2002

GD_American posted:

Lol the joke being neither of those are openings yet

drat Sean that’s cold.

But imagine what Payton could do with Herbie

I wonder if Payton has any concerns with having to fight the Mahomes Chiefs for the division for the next 10 years.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder if Payton has any concerns with having to fight the Mahomes Chiefs for the division for the next 10 years.

Well, he joined the Saints when they were a moribund snakebit franchise with one (1) playoff win in their history. I don’t think he ducks challenges.

But he drat sure knows you’re not going anywhere without a QB, and he’s smart enough not to join a team then hope they pick the right one down the road. Places with top level QBs and HC openings are rare for obvious reasons.

The tradeoff is: would you rather have Herbert at QB and face Mahomes in division, or have Murray at QB in a weaker division? I’d go with Herbie every time

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

GD_American posted:

The tradeoff is: would you rather have Herbert at QB and face Mahomes in division, or have Murray at QB in a weaker division? I’d go with Herbie every time

Yeah, especially since so many other pieces are already in place with the Chargers (as long as they don't get broken). With the Cards, you'd be gambling on a full-scale rebuild around Murray and maybe Hopkins.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He might be the only head coach to go into a situation and bring is his own medical team.

Which would be a scary prospect for the rest of the league

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I certainly wouldn't take the saints medical staff right now considering we are on year two of everybody being dead

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Does Payton have his own medical team, or just a pharmacy?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I wonder what a team has to give up in a trade for Sean Payton.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

tarbrush posted:

He might be the only head coach to go into a situation and bring is his own medical team.

Which would be a scary prospect for the rest of the league

Watch that be a dealbreaker for Spanos.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ShakeZula posted:

Does Payton have his own medical team, or just a pharmacy?

Yeah Payton's medical team is devoted to himself. Or leaving stuff around for him to randomly try.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

I wonder what a team has to give up in a trade for Sean Payton.

Considering he's never going back to New Orleans, I think a third rounder would probably do it. Especially for an AFC team

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Mega64 posted:

Watch that be a dealbreaker for Spanos.

If it came out that Spanos's personal physician was the head of the Chargers' medical team, well, it'd explain a lot

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

a neat cape posted:

Considering he's never going back to New Orleans, I think a third rounder would probably do it. Especially for an AFC team

Gruden went for 2 firsts

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

really queer Christmas posted:

Gruden went for 2 firsts
He was actively coaching at the time and had just gotten his team to the AFCCG the year prior.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gruden went for 2 firsts

Different NFL. He was active and a rising star.

Holmgren, a superbowl winning coach, got traded in conference for a 2nd.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

a neat cape posted:

Different NFL. He was active and a rising star.

Holmgren, a superbowl winning coach, got traded in conference for a 2nd.

The Saints need draft picks and don’t have any particular reason to trade him for minimal compensation. I’m sure they’d happily take him back if he wants to coach again.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Saints need draft picks and don’t have any particular reason to trade him for minimal compensation. I’m sure they’d happily take him back if he wants to coach again.

I don't think he wants to go back to NO.

So either you get nothing forever or take a 2nd or 3rd or whatever. Cash? Will you take cash

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

a neat cape posted:

I don't think he wants to go back to NO.

So either you get nothing forever or take a 2nd or 3rd or whatever. Cash? Will you take cash

He doesn’t want to go back to New Orleans but he does want to coach again and he can’t do that unless New Orleans agrees to it. The Saints have all of the leverage currently and I expect there will be multiple suitors to drive up the price.

This is a fairly unique situation since coach trades usually aren’t happening on the open market like this. It’s usually just a negotiation between two teams.

I think they’ll ultimately agree to a price everyone can live with that doesn’t cripple whenever Payton is going but I’d be shocked if it doesn’t include at least one first rounder.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Plus if you're a team like the Chargers that seems to have its franchise QB in place, getting an elite-level coach to steer the franchise for potentially a decade or more is a better return than you'd probably get from actually drafting with the 19th overall pick or whatever.

Nov 6, 2002

I think it's a 1st or something of equivalent value.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Chargers having Herbert and Payton for the next 10 years is loving fire. They have to do that

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It's very chargers and chargers fans to try to be cheap when it comes to getting a top 5 coach

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It's very chargers and chargers fans to try to be cheap when it comes to getting a top 5 coach

Oh I was just saying what I'd think would happen. I'd give up two firsts tomorrow for Payton.

We also don't have a GM going into 2023, as Telesco's contract wasn't extended. Seems like things are lining up

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think it’ll be like multiple 2nd rounders. The Saints need multiple premium picks to help with their cap situation.

Herm Edwards was traded for a 4th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

a neat cape posted:

Oh I was just saying what I'd think would happen. I'd give up two firsts tomorrow for Payton.

We also don't have a GM going into 2023, as Telesco's contract wasn't extended. Seems like things are lining up

Ah ok, misread it as you thinking he's not worth it. I still disagree just because of how many teams are going to want a known commodity and the possibility of a bidding war. The lack of exciting candidates this year makes this more likely imo. And I'd also like to see payton on the chargers since it'd make them good for once and Herbert deserves a ring.

Would also like to see payton on the bengals but I don't think they get rid of Zac Taylor despite him being bad.