Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guavanaut posted:

:toot:

Hopefully you should be able to just walk in, they're desperate to get more people boosted.

My nearest walk-in is a 30 min walk from my house so I've booked an appointment at the place down the road from me in a few weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I got a booster early this month and then got covid 10 days later. It sucked and I would recommend you not get covid

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's exactly what happened to me when I got my booster last year :v:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Went to get my booster yesterday and the guy, who was English but had apparently lived in Scotland a long time, recognised my English accent and started going on like 'so I guess we agree that it would be terrible to split up this country'. Very awkward moment trying to grit my teeth and act noncommittal as a man prepared to shove a bit of sharp metal into my arm lol.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just go with "Yes, it's never good when someone partitions an island."

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

HopperUK posted:

I am wary of 'people with ugly thoughts become ugly' because it could easily lead to 'ugly people must have ugly thoughts'. Dahl's quote is more complicated than that, I know. Even so Jeffrey Dahmer was handsome as hell and by all accounts not a very nice chap.
Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Mr Phillby posted:

Baddiel's entire 'hierarchy of racism' is just him geting mad people bring up his own history of racism, which he is only capable of interpreting as a kind of game of top trumps.

https://twitter.com/M0kujin/status/1371776824234147842

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/hzeffman/status/1595073301952729088

:allears:

I know the ECHR is separate from the EU, but Owen Patterson was one of the last people I'd expect to appeal to a European court, given his prior stances on the subject. lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Human rights for me, not for thee.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Oh, your stance towards the court was entirely performative and you will use your wealth to defend yourself?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Find it hard to imagine a conservative who wouldn't do exactly that.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

cat botherer posted:

Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there.

Bit unfair to use a mugshot like that. Have his court pic:

Though it is possible op was talking about Evan Peters.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Looks like Laurence Fox with less brainworms.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Looks like Laurence Fox with less brainworms.

The gay community of Britain saved by a man being too thick to serial murder.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

I'm done. There are no Good Labour MPs. Even the likes of Zarah Sultana and Ian Byrne are still asking people to vote for an openly racist, transphobic party. Corbyn is still chasing reinstatement... None of them are of any use if they can't see that the party needs to die and something new created to represent the working class. As far as I'm concerned every Left Wing Labour MP that asks us to vote Labour in any coming election is as much an enemy of my class as the Right Wing Labour MPs who want my political values crushed.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Prole posted:

I'm done. There are no Good Labour MPs. Even the likes of Zarah Sultana and Ian Byrne are still asking people to vote for an openly racist, transphobic party. Corbyn is still chasing reinstatement... None of them are of any use if they can't see that the party needs to die and something new created to represent the working class. As far as I'm concerned every Left Wing Labour MP that asks us to vote Labour in any coming election is as much an enemy of my class as the Right Wing Labour MPs who want my political values crushed.
­­­/

And fair, I'm not quite that unwilling to vote for my local MP and as far as I'm concerned these right-wing cunts in Labour have to die eventually. Then hopefully the reigns can be snatched from the McShitter, but the short-term is bleak.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
my impression is that the hard left no longer cares as much about Lords abolition as it once did. The furious anger at the Lords for undermining Wilson and Callaghan is no longer there. There are no longer veterans like Benn and Foot of the embarrassing failed reform in 1968 by WIlson

partly is that New Labour's reform has already successfully chipped away at the powers of hereditary peers anyway. but mainly, the hard left has just moved on to other issues.

point is, it used to be the case that the hard left intensely cared about Lords abolition and so the soft left and liberals could use Lords reform as a way to forge compromise. If the hard left doesn't give a drat and it's just liberals pretending that Charter 88 is still fresh off the printing press then who is it intended to impress. It was already getting stale in the early 2000s, which is why Lords reform stalled then

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Tsietisin posted:

Rob Newman is still touring doing stand up, went to see him last month and had a great time. Seriously consider going to see him if he's showing near you sometime.

A few years ago an acquaintance of mine said Newman had become a full on conspiracy theorist which made me a bit sad. Then I saw footage of a show of his on YouTube and it was him warning about stuff like huge multinational corporations working with powerful governments to extract wealth from the poor, which is hardly a conspiracy theory.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Jay Kay "Jamiroquai" Rowling is now pretty far down the internet fash funnel AKA the Bors Pipeline. What a loving weapon

https://twitter.com/trans_safety/status/1594835928656363521?t=ypw3nrpdGo_Uzn22s6bKDg&s=19

Not surprising, she supported Matt Walsh with his "What is a Woman" docubollocks. But of course didn't agree with his misogyny, as if the two weren't linked.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Tesseraction posted:

­­­/

And fair, I'm not quite that unwilling to vote for my local MP and as far as I'm concerned these right-wing cunts in Labour have to die eventually. Then hopefully the reigns can be snatched from the McShitter, but the short-term is bleak.

If you truly believe that the Left will ever, ever be allowed to take.tge reins of Labour again then you're living in a fantasy land. Stay-and-Fight mentality. Corbyn's leadership was a blip. A mistake that will never be allowed to happen again. Voting for your local Labour candidate is still voting Labour and whether you mean to or not that is you endorsing their racism and bigotry in the only way they care about. More fool you.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Prole posted:

If you truly believe that the Left will ever, ever be allowed to take.tge reins of Labour again then you're living in a fantasy land. Stay-and-Fight mentality. Corbyn's leadership was a blip. A mistake that will never be allowed to happen again. Voting for your local Labour candidate is still voting Labour and whether you mean to or not that is you endorsing their racism and bigotry in the only way they care about. More fool you.

Oh I mean probably, I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just coating myself in an unreality field so I don't end up in prison for asymmetric warfare

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/kitty_donaldson/status/1595122081284624385

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Blinky Sunak

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Bit unfair to use a mugshot like that. Have his court pic:

Though it is possible op was talking about Evan Peters.

No I do actually know the difference between Dahmer and an actor who recently played him.

COVID booster chat-- the nhs-booked vaccines are a separate system to the pharmacy's own system and we don't have any access to it and the system allows people to book whether or not we have stock of the vaccination or a pharmacist who can administer it. So I would call ahead before leaving the house if I were you.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Prole posted:

Dude, everyone knows Labour sucks. And everyone with a functioning brain expects even left-wing Labour MPs to promote the party because if they don't they'll be deselected and won't win at the next General Election. And then there'll be basically no left-wing MPs at all.
I dunno about you, but I'd rather there are a few left-wing MPs to fly the flag for good causes than twenty more centre-right cunts too thick to realise how useless Starmer is.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

MeinPanzer posted:

Also ya I know relatively little about Baddiel beyond football song and the Corbyn antisemitism poo poo (just saw that the graundiad gave his documentary a glowing review, btw... what a shock) but watching the season of Taskmaster featuring him really solidified how much of a dumb piece of poo poo he is. He might not have been the absolute worst contestant ever on that show, but he's definitely up there.

I think the time he posted a pic of his melted glasses, that he had microwaved, on twitter solidified it for me that he's a very dim person.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

kingturnip posted:

Dude, everyone knows Labour sucks. And everyone with a functioning brain expects even left-wing Labour MPs to promote the party because if they don't they'll be deselected and won't win at the next General Election. And then there'll be basically no left-wing MPs at all.
I dunno about you, but I'd rather there are a few left-wing MPs to fly the flag for good causes than twenty more centre-right cunts too thick to realise how useless Starmer is.

They tried to deselect them anyway

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

kingturnip posted:

"flying the flag for good causes" doesn't really mean a lot if they're also getting Keir "immigration bad" Starmer into no. 10

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PhilipProudfoot/status/1594819676328300544

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Good.

This Tory government and all the ones before it are incapable of understanding that there are bits of the north and middle of the country, that usually have the M1 running through them, that are so heavily industrialised already that the only thing left to build on is working farmland. Whenever you bring this up some chucklefuck will try to “own” you by calling you a NINBY when it’s always on the poorer area’s back yard and never ever on theirs.

I think a lot of people have no idea just how many big metal warehouses have sprung up on the old brownfield sites in this country, the Amazon near me is about 2 miles long and 1 mile wide for example.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Reminds me of this character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79QDhBtmDdk

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

learnincurve posted:

Good.

This Tory government and all the ones before it are incapable of understanding that there are bits of the north and middle of the country, that usually have the M1 running through them, that are so heavily industrialised already that the only thing left to build on is working farmland. Whenever you bring this up some chucklefuck will try to “own” you by calling you a NINBY when it’s always on the poorer area’s back yard and never ever on theirs.

I think a lot of people have no idea just how many big metal warehouses have sprung up on the old brownfield sites in this country, the Amazon near me is about 2 miles long and 1 mile wide for example.
I was looking at Stoke-on-Trent (where I used to go to uni) on satellite view in Google Maps to see what had changed in the past few decades, and had a "the hell?!?" moment when I saw some colossal buildings - one of them an Amazon - that are probably visible from space.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Payndz posted:

I was looking at Stoke-on-Trent (where I used to go to uni) on satellite view in Google Maps to see what had changed in the past few decades, and had a "the hell?!?" moment when I saw some colossal buildings - one of them an Amazon - that are probably visible from space.

It took me forty five minutes to walk down the side of the Amazon hub near me.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Is he sure FIFA understand that?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Build houses on top of the Amazon warehouse. The Amazon arcology.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

HopperUK posted:

No I do actually know the difference between Dahmer and an actor who recently played him.

Sorry if that seemed snippy, I was just referencing the Twitter controversy over viewers getting aroused by that portrayal of Dahmer.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Well, after 5 hours the power has come back on. The last 2 hours, with my phone battery dead & it too dark to read a book were uneventful to say the least. Ah well, got a decent nap on the couch

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Yeah I'm back in the country for the first time in a few years and drove past one of those Amazon sites. Could not believe how big it was.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Tomberforce posted:

Yeah I'm back in the country for the first time in a few years and drove past one of those Amazon sites. Could not believe how big it was.

Monopoly.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Tomberforce posted:

Unrelated - did you grow up in North Yorkshire? I believe we have mutual friends (Tommy Ten Gears).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Well, after 5 hours the power has come back on. The last 2 hours, with my phone battery dead & it too dark to read a book were uneventful to say the least. Ah well, got a decent nap on the couch

Ah the winter blackouts have started early I see