Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Remember that time when Hunter Biden was put in charge of the pandemic response?

Basically the same as Trump stuff, when you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Jaxyon posted:

Remember that time when Hunter Biden was put in charge of the pandemic response?

Basically the same as Trump stuff, when you think about it.

That there are worse criminals isn’t an excuse for the existence and support of lesser ones, unless you think Hunter is a “white hat failson” or something

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

selec posted:

That there are worse criminals isn’t an excuse for the existence and support of lesser ones, unless you think Hunter is a “white hat failson” or something

Oh cool was somebody excusing and supporting Hunter Biden or were you confusing the point I was actually making with the one you wanted me to make in order be more easily able to engage?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

selec posted:

Hunter is your typical nepotism case with a powerful and influential father. Has he committed crimes? Almost certainly - most of them do. Will he face punishment for them? Probably not - most of them don't. Should he be investigated? Sure, absolutely. Is it a big deal? No, not really. It's a systemic issue, and while we can and should go after individual bad actors, our system is currently set up to encourage them to exist.

But equivocating Hunter to the Trump clan is comparing a molehill to a mountain. And that mountain is just the stuff that we know for a fact, like working directly for the government, getting security clearances, and trading on the sitting president's name as the head of the president's multinational corporation.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

selec posted:

Is someone saying that Hunter committed crimes and that's okay because Trump is worse? I haven't seen that.

I see a lot of "what Trump's family did is far worse than what Hunter did" which is true as far as I can tell.

If Hunter committed a crime, he should be punished for it. If Trump or his family committed a crime, they should be punished for it. Nobody should be above the law. This isn't hard.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Dirk the Average posted:

Hunter is your typical nepotism case with a powerful and influential father. Has he committed crimes? Almost certainly - most of them do. Will he face punishment for them? Probably not - most of them don't. Should he be investigated? Sure, absolutely. Is it a big deal? No, not really. It's a systemic issue, and while we can and should go after individual bad actors, our system is currently set up to encourage them to exist.

They've already investigated him; the only crime they found was lying on a form.

It's the same with all the other stuff right wing media loves to hammer on about : they want to open an investigation into Benghazi or Hillary's emails, the investigation happens and finds nothing, and then they continue as if that never happened.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 22, 2022

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Clarste posted:

the investigation happens and finds nothing, and then they continue as if that never happened.

Sounds familiar.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Remember when Turmp was meeting with high level foreign officials and he just had Ivana sitting in because .... Reasons.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

Remember when Turmp was meeting with high level foreign officials and he just had Ivana sitting in because .... Reasons.

That was great because when she opened her mouth they all went "Who the hell do you think you are?" and just refused to talk to her about anything.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Remember when Trump took Ivanka to China for official business and she came back with all kinds of trademarks and other wealth generating IP for her private businesses?

Yeah, that poo poo was wrong like 5 or 6 kind of ways from tax payer funds abuse to just straight up bribery.

Edit Or as reminded by opening arguments today that time they used the Oval Office to hawk Ivanka stuff for a commercial and OLC recommended that people be fired for it and they all just laughed.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 23, 2022

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

finally, fetterman and fox news have common ground

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Murgos posted:

Remember when Trump took Ivanka to China for official business and she came back with all kinds of trademarks and other wealth generating IP for her private businesses?

Yeah, that poo poo was wrong like 5 or 6 kind of ways from tax payer funds abuse to just straight up bribery.

Edit Or as reminded by opening arguments today that time they used the Oval Office to hawk Ivanka stuff for a commercial and OLC recommended that people be fired for it and they all just laughed.
Wasn't it the Chinese that bailed Ivanka's husband out of 666 Park Ave that he couldn't sell?

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I thought it was 666 Fifth Ave, the old DC Comics offices.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1595225986215383040?s=46&t=bPIo1RBIdLnQ-HA3n4U0TQ

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Nothing like a good "We won't stop until they're all dead" from Republican propagandists.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean they’re just saying the quiet part out loud

It’s open extinctionary rhetoric

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Wow, that's.... pretty ballsy to say out loud.

I'm super glad the kids came out in their "Ok Boomer" voting wave in the midterms, but it never feels like enough when ghouls like that feel comfortable making threats like that in public.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Levantine posted:

Wow, that's.... pretty ballsy to say out loud.

I'm super glad the kids came out in their "Ok Boomer" voting wave in the midterms, but it never feels like enough when ghouls like that feel comfortable making threats like that in public.
That report about younger voters really coming out turned out to be premature, as I recall seeing other reports after that showing that the final result for Gen Z voting was less than I believe 2018.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

That report about younger voters really coming out turned out to be premature, as I recall seeing other reports after that showing that the final result for Gen Z voting was less than I believe 2018.

Ah well that's disappointing to hear.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

FlamingLiberal posted:

Turn out was higher in certain states like PA, but overall lower than 2018. But what Gen Z voters who did show up were overwhelmingly Dem which and pretty much cancelled out the old people.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

Gen Z voted overwhelming Democratic this year, and that's what people are focusing on. But it was more a matter of the Boomers, Silents and Gen X's numbering being diminished enough though death and general voter depression that Millenials and Gen Z, those of them that bothered to show up to vote, finally barely broke even with them, bolstered by the leftward-leaning slice of the older electorate that's still kicking around.

Ideologically speaking though, the kids are alright.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Also, this being a midterm, any effect is going to be amplified because midterms have a fraction of the turnout of the presidentials.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Oh, eat poo poo, FOX News and Tucker Carlson and your entire lot.

"We just can't help shooting people so long as the radical left keeps insisting they're human beings" can get right out of my face with this poo poo. I hate these loving shills to the core but I don't wanna kill any of them.

Wishing they would die, on the the other hand, kind of tests my empathy levels and I aint gonna cry if either of these people suffers a massive coronary - not gonna lie - but I'll assert that there's a big difference there between thinking that and oiling up my gun.

"If you want people to stop murdering trans and gay people then maybe they should stop being gay and trans/asking for it" is something I'd like to think would be headline news and dismissed out of hand in a civilized nation but gently caress me if they haven't normalized this horrible nonsense and it makes me sick.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

in a civilized nation

Imagine a world where the US was one of those...

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

BiggerBoat posted:

Oh, eat poo poo, FOX News and Tucker Carlson and your entire lot.

:words:

What's interesting is that if the Tucker Carlson's of the world continue this kind of behavior, they are likely going to continue losing elections. You are starting to see it some conservative media, there are less stories about Trump but you've got so many idiots on conservative media and in Congress that are going to keep rooting for MAGA Morons. As time goes on, these folks will become less popular. Yes, they'll be popular but only with their own base. That's not enough to win elections.

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/1590377178906124290?s=20&t=Qopw0goff4bTwR2Mk26Xpw

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Nov 24, 2022

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Tucker has just been non-stop anti-gay/trans to the point of JAQing off about Pete Buttigieg again because Buttigieg made a relatively strong (by lib standards) statement about the shooting
https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/1594890136851988483
https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1595586081667284993

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

What's interesting is that if the Tucker Carlson's of the world continue this kind of behavior, they are likely going to continue losing elections. You are starting to see it some conservative media, there are less stories about Trump but you've got so many idiots on conservative media and in Congress that are going to keep rooting for MAGA Morons. As time goes on, these folks will become less popular. Yes, they'll be popular but only with their own base. That's not enough to win elections.

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/1590377178906124290?s=20&t=Qopw0goff4bTwR2Mk26Xpw

So, the Rs did show up to vote a red tsunami, just a bunch of them voted D?

Big if true.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Its ok, you're a republican, you can say you bribed people on live tv now.

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1595460383241867265

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I cant tell if this is supposed to be a joke or not

https://twitter.com/hodgetwins/status/1595869579338600448

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

OgNar posted:

It really has a whitest kids u know vibe....

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Can’t wait for him to become one of those gimmick has-been local car salesmen.

“I’m blowing away high interest rates to secure the existence of our people and a future for great deals!” *aims airsoft rifle at the camera and pulls the trigger, causing a large circular red video graphic with a price and “no money down! No payments until next year!” to expand outward from the barrel*

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Man, I don't know about FOX News but talk radio is Hunter Biden All the Time right now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Man, I don't know about FOX News but talk radio is Hunter Biden All the Time right now.

Well, let's be fair, nothing else is happening.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

OgNar posted:

He announced it like six months ago. Some real newsgrounds rear end poo poo

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

OgNar posted:

Either way it’s a bad joke.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Piell posted:

He announced it like six months ago. Some real newsgrounds rear end poo poo

some real early 2000s newgrounds-rear end poo poo at that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Is that really new though

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

They'll spin it as new

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not in the fact that they talk about it but how now it really seems like ALL they talk about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

OgNar posted:

Really loving how he's reading his lines off of a teleprompter. Couldn't even but that much effort in.