Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Thundercracker posted:

"Mr. Davis, the president of the Boring Company, has also directed Twitter employees to renegotiate the deals that the company has with firms such as Amazon and Oracle, which provide computing and tech services, the people said. The employees were told to suggest to those companies that Mr. Musk’s firms would not work with them in the future if they refused to renegotiate, the people said."

I hope they tell him to eat poo poo.

letthemfight.gif

edit: lol lovely page snipe, I am glad of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

EVIL Gibson posted:

the private key is '41'. This is sufficiently random.

https://xkcd.com/221

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Cabbages and Kings posted:

In my case I disagree with the first with the obvious exception that this rear end in a top hat got in without anyone googling (hisname + "SEC" + "DOJ"). But yes, the second thing is absolutely what happened.

What I've seen happen is that HR drags their feet about making a posting and lowballs the public salary figures and then leaves the team lead to interview all 5 of the people who bothered to apply. The interviews usually happen around 60-70% of the way through the notice period and the team lead is panicking to get someone in so they convince themselves that somebody can learn or change in the probation period. Then they don't but they're making progress so they make them permanent hires anyway because they wasted so much effort already. Then 12 months later they have to remove them and HR drags their feet making a posting...

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

How

"Load the spaceship with the rocket fuel, load it with the Warriors. With the command of my voice I raise the level of the Warriors to one that can’t be reproduced. Dig your claws into my organs, scratch into my tendons, bury your anchors into my bones, for the power of the Warrior will always prevail!" - Martin Luther King

Castor Poe fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 22, 2022

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Musk paid 44 billion to get owned by his own company

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Musk paid 44 billion to unban Trump and Trump hasn't come back

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

As Carl Jung says, "Fear is the mind killer"
I just don't understand why he wouldn't check the source of the quote before tweeting out misinformation on his own $44 billion platform. Such a weirdo.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

greazeball posted:

People doing recruiting have zero interview or hiring experience and just get wowed by puffy private sector bullshit

Then there's no oversight once the sharks are in and management has no idea how to remove bad actors, if they even admit there's a problem

greazeball posted:

What I've seen happen is that HR drags their feet about making a posting and lowballs the public salary figures and then leaves the team lead to interview all 5 of the people who bothered to apply. The interviews usually happen around 60-70% of the way through the notice period and the team lead is panicking to get someone in so they convince themselves that somebody can learn or change in the probation period. Then they don't but they're making progress so they make them permanent hires anyway because they wasted so much effort already. Then 12 months later they have to remove them and HR drags their feet making a posting...

Yeah, this tracks and is basically how I got my job. lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Even if was accurate Dune is, uh, not exactly a healthy society to emulate.

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
Ok come on now, thats fake right? No way that actually happened? No way the real world is this stupid

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Musk thinks he can do Facebook Libra but with bitcoin. I don't think it will work.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Binary Logic posted:

I just don't understand why he wouldn't check the source of the quote before tweeting out misinformation on his own $44 billion platform. Such a weirdo.

My old boss never read anything and just blurted out random incorect facts often to customers that were so clearly wrong it was cringy to sit there and listen to it. I wanted to scream just loving take 2 seconds and look it up and actually sound smart rather than just guessing, thinking u sound smart but actually come off like a massive egotistical idiot.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Chernobyl baby posted:

Ok come on now, thats fake right? No way that actually happened? No way the real world is this stupid

It's real, sorry.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1594773242626965505?s=20

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Preoptopus posted:

My old boss never read anything and just blurted out random incorect facts often to customers that were so clearly wrong it was cringy to sit there and listen to it. I wanted to scream just loving take 2 seconds and look it up and actually sound smart rather than just guessing, thinking u sound smart but actually come off like a massive egotistical idiot.

i hope you weren't working at directory enquiries

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol I did a doubletake on that post when it first got shared because I don't remember Frank Herbert verbatim writing anything of that sort, but I got a psych minor and it sounded real familiar anyway

good to know I'm not crazy

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Even if was accurate Dune is, uh, not exactly a healthy society to emulate.

Society struggling to survive on a hostile desert planet run by an unelected totalitarian dictator with magical powers of foresight and general messianic qualities?

Nah, no idea why Musk would fixate on that.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Binary Logic posted:

If he knows it to be fact then why would he look it up

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
wow, i never thought about it like that before

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Musk reminds me of a supervisor I had that would sit in his office browsing facebook all day and then go around acting like everyone else is lazy and not working hard enough. Some shifts I'd be the only person there working a double shift and he would be sitting in his office just 'monitoring my progress' like :wtf:

kazil posted:

lol what is he even doing
The exact opposite of "treat your employees well and they will take care of the company for you."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Okay class, lets examine this under the lens of Twitter vs. Musk

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
lowkey feels like we're 2 weeks from someone finding elon overdosed on speed in his office at twitter

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
why are you so cringe, my dude

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Musk paid 44 billion to unban Trump and Trump hasn't come back

Has Trump or his camp even mentioned being unbanned?

This is easily the funniest thing to happen in this saga so far.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Has Trump or his camp even mentioned being unbanned?

This is easily the funniest thing to happen in this saga so far.

Trump basically said "thanks but no thanks"

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

lowkey feels like we're 2 weeks from someone finding elon overdosed on speed in his office at twitter

We could only be so lucky

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

He loves the smell of his own farts, I see his death involving trusting auto pilot too much while doing drugs in the moving car. If we're going with an OD I don't think he's at that level yet but on the path certainly.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Remember, trump is locked into posting on truth social first and nowhere else within 6 hours of that post

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I doubt trump would come back anyway. He gets both attention and money from truth

No point in twitter

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Elon Musk: The Idiot's Savant

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

kazil posted:

Trump basically said "thanks but no thanks"

Do you have a source? Not that I don’t believe you, just shocked I missed it.

I also dont believe you

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

If he were to die there would be sooooo many conspiracy theories about him faking is own death (because reasons) and/or BIG GOV/PHARMA/TECH killing him for unleashing FREE SPEECH upon the world.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Do you have a source? Not that I don’t believe you, just shocked I missed it.

I also dont believe you

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/20/trump-snubs-twitter-after-musk-announces-reactivation-of-his-account.html

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I lost $100 billion dollars, making me the victor

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Thank you! :lol:

No doubt Melon thought they’d be twitter-high-fiving and owning the libs together within seconds of the unban.

The ultimate lol would be if Prumt’s email is his @whitehouse.gov address and he can’t get in there to reset his password.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Elon420DogeLord posted:

watch out you are buying into a deliberate narrative, you might even say, a disinformation campaign. Most of these bills are fradulent and Twitter will be able to prove that in court just as soon as we they rehire all the people we fired who knew about the scam billing system.

Basically they had a microservice for creating fake bills and when we they pulled the plug the scammers got mad 😂😂 😂😂

feel good gimmick account of the year :golfclap:

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Popped up in my insta feed

@dan.a.peacock

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Don't care enough to look it up, but does Elon actually drive a tesla?

No way he'd be that stupid right

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

busalover posted:

why are you so cringe, my dude

It really is amazing the level of cringey Lolbertian fuckup wierdo this guy is

Like he's somehow managed to usurp Trump's position as King Freak of the Internet in record breaking time, and he has even less roll with the punches ability then Donny does

It's unreal that the universe actually created someone more pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

postmodifier posted:

Don't care enough to look it up, but does Elon actually drive a tesla?

No way he'd be that stupid right

He's probably driven to and from the airport in one.