Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah Golden Idol is a good detective game, and I love the funky-ugly art style. It is currently #16 in my top 50 2022 list but I may jumble some stuff around before I officially post it in the GOTY thread

Also if there's an indie game you're looking at, don't forget to check for demos or free prologues. Sunday Gold has one, Golden Idol has one (although it's a bit too generous, it's like 25% of the game!), Fashion Police Squad has one, NORCO has one, Roadwarden has one.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I love big Steam sales. The time of year I look at the hundreds of things on my wishlist on deep discount and realize I don't actually want any of this poo poo enough to buy it for $5

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Aside from punishingly annoying HOI4 achievements won through blood, sweat, and tears, my rarest was getting a bullseye on the dart board housing object in PSO2. Not a minigame or anything, you just click it and it tells you the score you got, like a random dice roller.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I can limit myself to one:
Psychonauts 2, Hitman 3, or Satisfactory?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I suppose I should wait with nominating Vampire Survivors in every category when the store rush has died down, so it actually remembers what I'm selecting.

Except VR, I nominated Hitman 3 for that one.

Edit: Okay, what is happening is that I can only select each game once. Disappointing.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 22, 2022

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Eason the Fifth posted:

Do you like the feeling of setting goals for yourself, completing them, and then basking in the satisfaction of having done that? Cause Satisfactory is really good for that.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Nancy posted:

Do you like the feeling of setting goals for yourself, completing them, and then basking in the satisfaction of having done that? Cause Satisfactory is really good for that.

Christ, I have a hard enough time doing this in real life much less in video games.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

StarkRavingMad posted:

I love big Steam sales. The time of year I look at the hundreds of things on my wishlist on deep discount and realize I don't actually want any of this poo poo enough to buy it for $5

:emptyquote:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is there a way to share one's Wishlist? I can Right Click -> Copy Page URL, but if I paste it into a browser it says "OOPS, THERE'S NOTHING TO SHOW HERE / There are 0 items on your wishlist, but none of them match the filters you have applied above" which isn't true.

A bunch of things on mine are on sale but I can't decide what if anything is worth buying :(

EchoBlade
God of War
Dying Light 2
No Man's Sky
Ghostwire Tokyo
Riftbound
ABRISS
Disgaea 6
Stray
Farthest Frontier
Gloomwood
LEGO: Bricktales

Was hoping for deeper discounts on GOW, DL2, NMS, Ghostwire and Disgaea :(

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Eason the Fifth posted:

Hitman 3

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

StarkRavingMad posted:

my man

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Sab669 posted:

Is there a way to share one's Wishlist? I can Right Click -> Copy Page URL, but if I paste it into a browser it says "OOPS, THERE'S NOTHING TO SHOW HERE / There are 0 items on your wishlist, but none of them match the filters you have applied above" which isn't true.

I believe this is based on a privacy setting of "Game details." You will need this to be public to share it.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Nice sale. Got some games that looked really interesting and almost never had a sale before.

Sealed Ampoule
Stacklands
Crown Trick

Any good comments about these to offer?

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Eason the Fifth posted:

I believe Hitman is getting a new game mode at the beginning of next year if that makes any difference to you. Its called Freelancer and its supposed to be a "rogue like" approach to Hitman. Its a free update and what I have seen of it so far looks neat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gee, i wonder why gotham knights is already 40% off when it came out last month? one of nature's great mysteries, i suppose.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

I believe Hitman is getting a new game mode at the beginning of next year if that makes any difference to you. Its called Freelancer and its supposed to be a "rogue like" approach to Hitman. Its a free update and what I have seen of it so far looks neat.

I played some of it in closed beta and it was great.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Jack Trades posted:

I played some of it in closed beta and it was great.

I played it during the closed test as well. It was enjoyable, but I don't think it's a revolutionary new game mode that is going to knock people's socks off.

Everybody should be playing Hitman 3, but don't buy it just because of this future update. Buy it because it's got great murder sandboxes that can be tackled in dozens of ways.

Edit: And since buying modern Hitman on Steam is such a clusterfuck, you either want the Standard Edition or Hitman Trilogy (for content from the first two games if you didn't own them on Steam already). If you dig the Hitman Trilogy, you might want the Hitman 2 Expansion DLC for 2 more levels (New York bank & Maldives resort), more toys and some other stuff.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 22, 2022

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Nothing I want is on sale, what a disappointment. drat you Steam!

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Gotham Knights already 40% off. Heh.

EDIT: Launched October 21st, so exactly a month.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 22, 2022

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This year's holiday gimmick of discounts based on the amount of effort that went into the game is already paying dividends.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

This year's holiday gimmick of discounts based on the amount of effort that went into the game is already paying dividends.

this is the year of the 2d indie roguelite

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
I've been playing and enjoying Trifox and can really recommend it. Full disclosure: some friends of mine developed this game (a small 3-man studio, and they could use some more love), but I did not. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1211240/Trifox/

This is a cute, fun isometric twin-stick shooter / action platformer and i'd say it is worth the 15 bucks it costs right now.

Story: kinda silly and (imho) too short, but funny. Your tv remote gets stolen and you need to get it back. That's it. Why they need the remote is something you only learn at the end, but it is not really a surprise. There is no characterization or even real dialogue.

Gameplay: Fun! After a while, there are a lot of different options to choose from and it is really nice to be able to select your own loadout out of all the powers. You can choose between melee power, magic ones and tech ones. Each one has its own cooldown, so only choosing super powerfun ones will not be the best idea.
After a couple of levels, my Trifox would shoot quick bullets, place down automatic flame throwers (both engineer class), use a warrior melee attack and block with a mage shield. Depending on your "class", your special movement ability (dash, teleport or helicopter) will also change.
The game is mainly isometric with (often) a lot of enemies (some of which look puny but are very powerful). As said, you can play it mainly as melee (think Hades) or more like a twin-stick shooter.
There are a couple of hidden gems in every level, but it is not a collectathon. The gems (unfortunately) don't even do anything gameplay-wise.
The traversal and puzzles are pretty easy, but jumping sometimes feels rather floaty, which can cause you to miscalculate your jumps. Also, sometimes doors just shut you out of previous parts of a level, so if you accidentally go through one before checking every location in one part, you will have to replay that level if you missed something.

Graphics: Cute and colourful. They have a deliberate kind of retro-look that do remind you of earlier platformer games. There are three (well, four, but the fourth one is really short and basically just a boss) kinds of levels with their own variations.
Music and "voice": nice, but instead of dialogues you get animal sounds, which sometimes sound too repetitive.

All in all a pretty fun game that makes you feel nostalgic for the old games of yore. It is rather short, seeing as I needed only five hours and a half to reach 93% completion after one playthrough of most of the levels (and looking for secrets everywhere).

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4018061

We have a gift train going again! :3:

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Are there any games like Divinity Original Sin 2 where you can co-op a story heavy RPG? I don't think there are but I'd like to be proven wrong.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Zapf Dingbat posted:

Are there any games like Divinity Original Sin 2 where you can co-op a story heavy RPG? I don't think there are but I'd like to be proven wrong.

Your best bet is probably old D&D license games - you can do this in Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 (and 3, though it isn't finished), and in both Neverwinter Nights games. And of course the first Original Sin also has this, albeit only for two players.

Just be aware that other than the two D:OS games, titles that have this feature have tended to have it as a throw in rather than a real emphasis, so it can get a bit awkward in places. As I recall, the main character in a multi-player Baldur's Gate 2 playthrough is "whoever initiated dialogue this time"?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Has anyone played Stephen's Sausage Roll? I added it to my wishlist a long time ago after Jonathan Blow mentioned it in an interview, thinking of pulling the trigger now that it's 60% off. It has overwhelmingly positive reviews but I've never seen it mentioned anywhere outside that interview.

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

I like puzzle games but Stephen's Sausage Roll blew my rear end clean off like five puzzles in. Ended up never going back after that. I think it would appeal to some puzzle people but only if you like those sliding piece puzzles but, like, "for fuckers" difficulty.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Deakul posted:

Christ, I have a hard enough time doing this in real life much less in video games.

It’s way easier in Satifactory than real life.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Has anyone played Stephen's Sausage Roll? I added it to my wishlist a long time ago after Jonathan Blow mentioned it in an interview, thinking of pulling the trigger now that it's 60% off. It has overwhelmingly positive reviews but I've never seen it mentioned anywhere outside that interview.

It looks cute and easy, it is brutally hard. Great if you want to feel really, really stupid.

KNR
May 3, 2009

Zapf Dingbat posted:

Wasteland 3. It's only for 2 players though.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Satisfactory is probably one of my favorite factory building games tied with Dyson Sphere Program. Satisfactory is great in first person, and works really really really well. DSP is more traditional top down. I only wish Satisfactory had a totally procedural generated worlds. (Or maybe it does by now, been a while)

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

tripwood posted:

Nice sale. Got some games that looked really interesting and almost never had a sale before.

Sealed Ampoule
Stacklands
Crown Trick

Any good comments about these to offer?

I've played Sealed Ampoule and Crown Trick.

Nobody makes games like Cavy House so if you want a unique sense of style and narrative then it's very cool. Overall, though, the game play of Sealed Ampoule is semi-mindless grinding, it's a perfect podcast game.

Crown Trick is a pretty fun, but I didn't stick with it.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Philthy posted:

Satisfactory is probably one of my favorite factory building games tied with Dyson Sphere Program. Satisfactory is great in first person, and works really really really well. DSP is more traditional top down. I only wish Satisfactory had a totally procedural generated worlds. (Or maybe it does by now, been a while)
it does not, but it is still a great game, by far my favorite factory game. I like fpp better than the top down of most of these games, and the world is really well put together and nice looking.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
If you guys have good indie steam deck recommendations, I’d love to hear them - same if there are sites with curated lists.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Spiritfarer should run well on the Deck.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Curious about several games while trying to prune down the wishlist of games I've added years ago and never even thought about, anything worth a purchase?

Code Vein: anime vampires or something, is usually 80% off or higher but seems a little dumb
Utawarerumono: apparently a storied and popular jrpg series, never heard of it past a recent thread mention
Biomutant: Still has mixed reviews, remember a lot of hype but then it just fizzled out
Atelier Ryza: I know this is a series of games, the one I added came out in 2019, also some jrpg but some major crafting sim as well?
DAEMON X MACHINA: wasn't this a Switch exclusive game? Weird to have that show up on PC.
Steelrising: Spiders game, so jank, but really positive reviews which is not normal for their games.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Fromsoft games just don't go on sale anymore do they

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Code Vein is real good (except the Cathedral) but if you're a terminally allergic to anime goon then it won't do you any good.
Utawarerumono games are all excellent.
Biomutant is not good.
Ryza 1 is good and you don't need to have played any other Atelier games. You can do absurd stuff moving traits around on items and equipment.
DxM came to PC like two years back, it was free on EGS at one point too. It's alright, not a patch on the good armoured cores but better than the rougher ones.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

StarkRavingMad posted:

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

spaceblancmange posted:

Fromsoft games just don't go on sale anymore do they

well online was broken in all of them for quite a while so it makes sense that they didn't put them on sale in that still-broken state. we should probably see sales again soon though, now that DS3, DS2, and DS:R all have fixed online again. (The non-remastered Dark Souls is WONTFIX though)

DS:R got its servers back just 2 weeks ago
https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/1590286846465933312