Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to compare weapons of the same make to see stat bar differences if you're gonna make the system like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ogryn feat which makes the grenade box actually fire out grenades everywhere is great.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

The more I play, the more I'm convinced vet is for suppression and the psyker is the special/elite killer. Groups of shooting enemies absolutely melt your team if ignored

I actually had a really fun 4 vet game yesterday on that level where you're waiting for the elevator and the enemies approach over the bridge. We'd line up in 2 rows, the 2 guys in front would crouch and we'd all just go nuts with our lasguns lol.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

El_Molestadore posted:

Patch made the game MORE unstable for myself and the two friends I play with. Just Fatshark things I guess..

Every Fatshark patch is two steps forward (±2 steps), and one step backwards (±1 step)

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
SIGMAR BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

field balm posted:

I actually had a really fun 4 vet game yesterday on that level where you're waiting for the elevator and the enemies approach over the bridge. We'd line up in 2 rows, the 2 guys in front would crouch and we'd all just go nuts with our lasguns lol.

Hell yeah you were on that badass Mordian Iron Guard poo poo

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

field balm posted:

The more I play, the more I'm convinced vet is for suppression and the psyker is the special/elite killer. Groups of shooting enemies absolutely melt your team if ignored

The vet is good for drawing their fire and getting a couple of kills. I really like vet gameplay when the team are doing their thing. Hammering fire at special shooters, clipping one or two and taking the heat while heads explode or your melee gets to them unmolested.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
More detailed notes: https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/1-0-7-update-expanded-patch-notes-balance-tweaks/58673

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

After playing psyker for a bit its definitely pressing that dopamine hit from killing specials button so drat good.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Alchenar posted:

The thing about Vermintide was that even if you were very good there was no reason to play above mid difficulty because of how ridiculous the game got, whereas good groups are already starting to master mid difficulty here and I can see the norm pushing up to rank 4.

Just gonna point out that that Vermintide ideal was one level below the launch cap, which is the level you're suggesting most people are pushing to.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

quote:

- Autogun damage increased across ranges about this much: ——x----
- Autopistol damage increased across ranges about this much: —x—----

I have no idea what this means but it made me laugh.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It seems like they like the bars so much they will make jokes about it. You are never getting numbers, just useless bars.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
When the thing that you're poking fun at is a problem you unnecessarily manufactured from nothing, well, it doesn't come off quite as well IMO.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I just did the smelter map for the first time. Has this been in the rotation this whole time?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kaddish posted:

I just did the smelter map for the first time. Has this been in the rotation this whole time?

Just today, was in the last beta period as well.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Has anyone figured out what the distinction between mission and zone is yet? Because it feels like we have more than 4 maps but I know they flip the maps for some missions so... eh?

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
As an Ogrym with the shield I try to tank for my team. Several times when there was a horde coming through a chokepoint I've stood in the choke, plonked down the shield, and let my team fire around the edges to kill off the horde without exposing themselves to danger.

Is this helpful, or am I just blocking their shots / being annoying?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

whoa whoa whoa, hold up-

Ogryn: Grenade cluster bomb talent now triggers on Resistant and Armored too

I tested this in the Psykanarium and this means any enemy with flak armor and any Ogryn. Don't have level 30 yet so can't test bosses but now this talent is really good?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Mendrian posted:

Has anyone figured out what the distinction between mission and zone is yet? Because it feels like we have more than 4 maps but I know they flip the maps for some missions so... eh?

I think the zone is the area the mission is taking place in and right now each zone has 2 or so missions in it, you kinda criss cross around the zones during the mission and you'll see parts you recognise from different angles occasionally. So in the water purifier mission, you go across a bridge to an elevator and then hold out against a wave, in another mission you come up that elevator and go across the bridge and usually that's a quiet part of the mission.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

As an Ogrym with the shield I try to tank for my team. Several times when there was a horde coming through a chokepoint I've stood in the choke, plonked down the shield, and let my team fire around the edges to kill off the horde without exposing themselves to danger.

Is this helpful, or am I just blocking their shots / being annoying?

This is the correct call in this situation. Do make sure you're a little back though so the mobs can't get through but people can see and hit around you.

Orv fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 23, 2022

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

whoa whoa whoa, hold up-

Ogryn: Grenade cluster bomb talent now triggers on Resistant and Armored too

I tested this in the Psykanarium and this means any enemy with flak armor and any Ogryn. Don't have level 30 yet so can't test bosses but now this talent is really good?

A lot better now, especially since you also get two grenade boxes as Ogryn too. If the spilled frags also caused bleed then I'd even accept them returning it back to 1 grenade box max.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I bought the game and played through a bit of the tutorial, but then I disconnected and now Im unable to connect to the game at all. I was getting some internal error (I think) before the patch and error 2007 now, anyone know if I can get around this?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

toasterwarrior posted:

A lot better now, especially since you also get two grenade boxes as Ogryn too. If the spilled frags also caused bleed then I'd even accept them returning it back to 1 grenade box max.

they don't, but since you can now proc it on crowds of scab shooters it's pretty drat good. You can proc it on anything with flak or carapace, and any ogryn body shot but not a Reaper head shot. I'm unsure if it works on Plague Ogryns or BoNs, haven't had a chance to test it on them yet.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Oh yeah, I was just spitballing since they were buffing bleed a lot in this update. A one-shot "motherFUCK YOU" grenade for the Ogryn that hits like a train, shits grenades everywhere, and then hits everything with heavy DoT would be so fun

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

They need to give Psyker the force staves a lot earlier in the levels so psyker can actually start playing like psyker.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I'm convinced that I'm using the lightning staff wrong because it seems like it sucks rear end. The damage is pretty middling and it takes a while to charge. It's easier to just spam fireballs at head level and delete a mob that way.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm convinced that I'm using the lightning staff wrong because it seems like it sucks rear end. The damage is pretty middling and it takes a while to charge. It's easier to just spam fireballs at head level and delete a mob that way.

I think the value is primarily in staggering hordes and elites, but I don't find the damage all that bad either. A full charge usually deletes each regular enemy it chains to, or at the very least softens them for a single hit kill from a teammate.

Bursting an elite is also a commitment whereas just saying "stop running around so I can left click you" is much faster. Bursting something up close is usually also competing with the rest of your team who will tend to focus an elite, so it's usually more worthwhile to apply some damage and hold them in place. Bursting a target near death already is a pretty big waste, and missing one entirely is time you could've spent zapping

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I think the value is primarily in staggering hordes and elites, but I don't find the damage all that bad either. A full charge usually deletes each regular enemy it chains to, or at the very least softens them for a single hit kill from a teammate.

Bursting an elite is also a commitment whereas just saying "stop running around so I can left click you" is much faster. Bursting something up close is usually also competing with the rest of your team who will tend to focus an elite, so it's usually more worthwhile to apply some damage and hold them in place. Bursting a target near death already is a pretty big waste, and missing one entirely is time you could've spent zapping

Maybe I'm not understanding chaining correctly. If I use the attack on a mob then usually the two or three that are directly in front of me will die if I have a full charge and the ones behind them will get stunned but still need a swing or two to go down. Is it supposed to have a wider kill radius?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

ime I don't think it's uncommon to get 3-5 kills off a full charge, or to get that in like 2 half-charges or so, which is easier than going for headshots on left clicks (possibly faster, too, in addition to the stagger.) Feels like you're encouraged to get spammy since venting is significantly faster at 90%+.

I couldn't tell you exactly how the chaining/charging mechanic works though, I haven't really sat down in the training area to figure it out and there's absolutely no documentation on anything. :shrug:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Khizan posted:

They need to give Psyker the force staves a lot earlier in the levels so psyker can actually start playing like psyker.

Agreed, waiting until 10 to get any staff was kind of a buzzkill.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Locking weapons behind levels is dumb. VT2 let you craft whatever weapon type you wanted right away.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Vargs posted:

Locking weapons behind levels is dumb. VT2 let you craft whatever weapon type you wanted right away.

No you unlocked weapons over time the same way.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Vargs posted:

it does not do that, you unlock the BPs as you level up

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Sharkopath posted:

No you unlocked weapons over time the same way.

Well you unlocked them as being craftable, but you could still get them from boxes from the beginning, well minus the various DLC weapons that you can only craft

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

CuddleCryptid posted:

Whenever I get a Psyker with the lightning staff on my team stuff like Maulers and Ragers become completely toothless, so while it might not do the most damage, the sheer amount of disabling it does is definitely helpful for the team.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The difference being that you had pretty iconic characters and weapons when you started in VT1 and VT2. You get a really good feel for what the character will be like and the role it plays. I just bounced really hard off Darktide because everything felt very samey early on. I don't know if it gets better at higher levels but after a few hours, it just didn't scratch the same itch at all.

I really, really wanted to love Darktide but I just can't get the motivation to play it at all.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Servitors are horrifying and I hate them, goddamn

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

it completely rules that they are so creepy and awful

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It's a small complaint compared to everything else in this game, but can I just say that it's stupid that you need to hit Esc to skip the opening cinematic, but then click space to log into the server? Make both the same button!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

RBA Starblade posted:

Wish you were a servitor.