Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

a primate posted:

Post em if you got em

quote:

Yeah keep clutching at straws, hope you enjoyed your old Sham being beaten by a consistently average Russell in the same car whilst the team favouring your fraud. I mean they did everything they could today for Sham to beat Russell without officially team ordering like a bad strategy call for Russell to start off with, then a botched Pitstop conveniently longed 5sec so Sham could get Russell at the stop and then release Russell into the path of a car in the pits knowing that was likely going to cost him a 5 sec penalty but yet in the end it was pointless, karma bit them in the a***. Please take it in, RUSSELL BEAT SHAMILTON OVER A SEASON, with Shamilton having no pole, no win, nothing. Case closed.

quote:

Simon Lazenby only wants to present sensation stories and be the typical media vulture. Nothing else. He should not be presenting any sport but instead, news.

David Croft has moved from the impartial middle to very strong pro-British galore. He's too partisan for a World Feed. Few examples from this races: after Sainz was cleared from forcing Hamilton off track, he thought Hamilton could keep the place he stole, even after MB said twice Hamilton should give it back now that Sainz was cleared of wrongdoing. Then there was the unsafe release incident with Russell, where Kravitz said on air "I don't like the look of that from George's point of view, that's an unsafe release". Croft then asked MB "Do you agree with Ted, Martin?" but the tone was one where he was begging for some insights why no penalty should be warranted. MB didn't bite and quickly buried that one with a "Yes, I do", not even allowing Croft to finish his sentence properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

radio should be banned.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Fundamentally Lewis is English.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

italian quid posted:

radio should be banned.

This would be good comedy as an experiment

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Diet Crack posted:

How to say you only watch DTS without saying it out loud

Lewis is the most petulant driver on the grid, they just don't play his radio and paint him as a villain. He absolutely loves running people wide and then playing the victim too. Max has actually calmed down 10000000000x the past 2 seasons and is more focussed it seems.

"HE DID X MAN, NOT COOL" *runs place marker over with vigilance*

Such petulance.

And this is any different than the other drivers? Max whines just as much if not more.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche posted:

This would be good comedy as an experiment

I think it would make the sport more interesting and watchable. The loving junior high tattling to the teacher vibe 90% of the radio messages are now is unbearable. and saying that its only 90% of the messages is being generous

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
I think if anything we need more radio. Let's the drivers talk to the other drivers, Christian can only talk to Toto, Crofty can only talk to a machine that repeats everything he is saying on a 0.5 second delay. Broadcast all of it in real time.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

italian quid posted:

I think it would make the sport more interesting and watchable. The loving junior high tattling to the teacher vibe 90% of the radio messages are now is unbearable. and saying that its only 90% of the messages is being generous

It's be interesting but Ferrari would be even more hosed trying to communicate a strategy to their driver if they could only use the board.

Trying to pick out a message blasting past the pit wall at 300kph would be a nightmare

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

MustardFacial posted:

I think if anything we need more radio. Let's the drivers talk to the other drivers, Christian can only talk to Toto, Crofty can only talk to a machine that repeats everything he is saying on a 0.5 second delay. Broadcast all of it in real time.

Ted is allowed to interrupt Crofty ever 2 seconds.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

ilmucche posted:

It's be interesting but Ferrari would be even more hosed trying to communicate a strategy to their driver if they could only use the board.

Trying to pick out a message blasting past the pit wall at 300kph would be a nightmare

I’m not sure how this hurts Ferrari.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Custard Undies posted:

Ted is allowed to interrupt Crofty ever 2 seconds.

Ted is put in an airtight chamber. If he presses the radio button it sucks 10 seconds of air out. His gradual suffocation is broadcasted on Sky Q and Sky Glass.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Serious question, do they even still use the pit boards? I honestly cannot remember the last time I saw one, but they again I don't really pay attention or look for them.

MustardFacial posted:

Ted is put in an airtight chamber. If he presses the radio button it sucks 10 seconds of air out. His gradual suffocation is broadcasted on Sky Q and Sky Glass.

:xd: Poor Ted

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I thought Russell was the biggest whiner on the grid but it might just be his tone. I need a sanity check on this one.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Custard Undies posted:

Serious question, do they even still use the pit boards? I honestly cannot remember the last time I saw one, but they again I don't really pay attention or look for them.

:xd: Poor Ted

they do, I always see them and wonder why the gently caress they're using pit boards

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Diet Crack posted:

Lewis is the most petulant driver on the grid, they just don't play his radio and paint him as a villain. He absolutely loves running people wide and then playing the victim too. Max has actually calmed down 10000000000x the past 2 seasons and is more focussed it seems.

"HE DID X MAN, NOT COOL" *runs place marker over with vigilance*

Such petulance.

The problem is max calming down 100000000000x means he is still the most petulant piece of poo poo fuckhead who can’t even help his teammate that sacrificed everything for him on the grid by like 10000x. Lewis moaning is annoying, but also that was dramatically reduced this year. Max had them change the entire rules because they didn’t want to keep penalizing or being criticized for not penalizing him divebombing the inside from a mile back on everyone.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

italian quid posted:

radio should be banned.
But this was already done once and the sport deemed it a disaster. Although it was great comedy.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

they should only be able to communicate with rocket league style quick chats

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

they should only be able to communicate with rocket league style quick chats

*yuki spins out and into a wall*

George: What a save!
Chat disabled for 5 seconds

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

a primate posted:

I thought Russell was the biggest whiner on the grid but it might just be his tone. I need a sanity check on this one.

He's slightly less whiny than Hamilton but 10x more of a cop than Hamilton.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I want to hear about Max releasing a rap album/song!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MustardFacial posted:

How/where can I subscribe to this service?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
As lovely as the car was, god drat that Aston Fartin looks killer with no sponsors on it anywhere :swoon: :flashfap:

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
I think how cool a racecar driver can sound whining is directly proportional to whether you think they are succeeding/failing because of the car or whether the car is succeeding/failing because of them.

I feel like Alonso can whine about anything and I assume he is correct because I assume his teams rely on his performances to flatter their machinery.

YMMV with Lewis and Max as both guys have definitely shown an ability to outperform their vehicle, but both have spent the bulk of their careers in a title contending car.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

such passione

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]

Diet Crack posted:

Actually I was pretty clear that I’ve been watching the race highlights.

Yeah, that sponsor-less AM looks extremely good.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

quote:

China's zero-Covid policy has led F1 to conclude the race cannot go ahead.

The key sticking point is that F1 staff would not be given exemptions from quarantine requirements in the event of suffering a Covid-19 infection.

F1 feels that it cannot ask teams to go to the country for the race in Shanghai with the risk that staff could be detained for days if they caught coronavirus.

China's latest rules demand that anyone found with Covid-19 must spend five days at an isolation centre plus three days isolation at home.

F1 chairman and chief executive officer Stefano Domenicali has not yet officially called off the race, but the decision is considered an inevitability.

F1 declined to comment on the situation.

The sport is not expected to seek to replace China with another race, so the calendar will be cut to 23 races

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Potentially being detained by the Chinese authorities is a pretty good reason not to race in China imo.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

how is china still struggling with covid? nobody getting properly sick here.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Dictator. posted:

how is china still struggling with covid? nobody getting properly sick here.

where is 'here' because, lol

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

aluminumonkey posted:

And this is any different than the other drivers? Max whines just as much if not more.

Max didn't get his teammate fired for the crime of ever scoring better than him.

(not that Max is a great person either)

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Distilled mental illness, for your perusal.

quote:

Threatening to quit in 2011 paid huge dividends for the hybrid era with the FIA.
2022 insider in the FIA , of which the FIA is completely cool with ,paying dividends again.
Must be nice to be Merc.
It's messed up how they get away with it.
Kinda like how Potato Joe and his crack head kid Hunter get away it.
😀

quote:

Ferrari and Red Bull were both robbed by delaying the Ground Effects cars for another season, apparently due to a deadly virus.
2021 Abu Dhabi should never have existed!
yet Wolff and Hamilton just won't shut up like it was planned for them to get the 8th all along. Certainly the way Wolff started his appeals to the race director earlier in the race and the way a blind eye was turned to Hamilton gaining an advantage by cutting a corner that he can't race wheel to wheel in. With hindsight Mercedes acted like they were on borrowed time knowing full well their massive advantage was due to end.
They've now had the rules changed in 3 recent seasons which saw other teams lose an advantage (tires in 2018) yet were allowed to keep their big DAS advantage.

And now here they are celebrating their rival getting handicapped after their lobbying which involved lies and internal leaks.
This is far worse than spygate, where no one actually spied.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-red-bulls-25-percent-wind-tunnel-f1-deficit-will-bite/10404080/

Stare deep enough into the abyss and it will stare back into you.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Nov 23, 2022

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'd love for Charles to drive past his board that says

BOX
FOR
WET

and for him stay out flipping off the pit wall as he goes by next lap

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

So we all agree that Max should have let Checo “The Adulterer” Perez score a point, right?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah come on Checo already scored

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Vando posted:

where is 'here' because, lol

i've been to france, portugal, germany, switzerland, and italy in the past 6 months and there were no restrictions anywhere.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Why has Ricciardo been hired for something he’s bad at (testing and car development)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

GramCracker posted:

As lovely as the car was, god drat that Aston Fartin looks killer with no sponsors on it anywhere :swoon: :flashfap:

man that owns

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Why has Ricciardo been hired for something he’s bad at (testing and car development)

because he will also be doing marketing drives

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

He’s been hired for media circuits because he’s Mr Congeniality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Dictator. posted:

i've been to france, portugal, germany, switzerland, and italy in the past 6 months and there were no restrictions anywhere.

that's not the same as 'nobody is getting properly sick' though is it, might be worth checking out the stats on those countries because it sounds like you're gonna be surprised