Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

awooga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Deki posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress. I just did these fights and got the same error
That sounds bad. Really bad. The hype music is a really big part of the experience. Is there a way around it if it happens, like resetting the game or something, or if you've got this you're just hosed?

Have most people been getting the correct music?

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

:eyepop:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
does anyone know if there's something specific you need to do to get the version-exclusive tauros variants to spawn? I know it's supposed to spawn as the leader of a pack of five, but I've been running around for like 20 minutes without one showing up. Do I have to do a certain gym battle or something, or are they just stupidly rare?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blaziken386 posted:

does anyone know if there's something specific you need to do to get the version-exclusive tauros variants to spawn? I know it's supposed to spawn as the leader of a pack of five, but I've been running around for like 20 minutes without one showing up. Do I have to do a certain gym battle or something, or are they just stupidly rare?

If you're looking on the east side of the map I've never seen one there. On the west side I instantly found 2 though

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

RatHat posted:

If you're looking on the east side of the map I've never seen one there. On the west side I instantly found 2 though
thank you for this. it still took a good 10 minutes of running around, but i finally found one!

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Flopsy posted:

Another thing I noticed was a heal ball in the middle of several rooms that I couldn't interact with. I understand with coding a secret trick is to sometimes to place a bit of something in the walls to stabilize the rest of the set up--I think that heal ball was a very visible bandaid.
I've noticed these all over the place - mainly in Tera raids and in Indoor environments, and different kinds of balls. I think they're some manner of control object (right in the centre of raids & in the exits of indoors) that are supposed to be invisible, but seems to be one of the first things that breaks when the game starts having memory issues (which doesn't take long). Would recommend rebooting the game regularly, both to avoid crashes but also just general weirdness.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I haven't been following the thread but in case people didn't know: Consumable hold items like Throat Spray and Grassy Seed replenish themselves after battle now. I don't know if it works with berries. Throat spray + Torch Song is rude as hell.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

pray for my aunt posted:

I've noticed these all over the place

Yeah, when I started I didn't see any of them but eventually they were everywhere. First one I noticed was in one of the magic herb caves and I thought "oh there's an item in here!" Then couldn't get back in the cave...

A part of me hopes it's a bug that's directly related to time played and just gets worse and worse so by the time someone's put in a thousand hours into the game or something their raid rooms become just masses of glitched pokeballs or something.

Which berries are the ev reset berries? So I know to keep an eye out for them.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

ChrisBTY posted:

I haven't been following the thread but in case people didn't know: Consumable hold items like Throat Spray and Grassy Seed replenish themselves after battle now. I don't know if it works with berries. Throat spray + Torch Song is rude as hell.

Finally. I never wanted to use items like those the entire rest of the time they existed because using them once and having to find another copy felt like not worth planning for or relying on.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

And I've seen the end credits. It's funny how amazing this game is through all the unpolished, underbaked mess. Thoroughly enjoyed myself from beginning to end. Still got endgame stuff to do and I'm already contemplating another type ace challenge run because I'm insane.

Speaking of, here's my Normal Ace team that I ended the game with.

I will not offer any explanations for my naming conventions. Because I have none.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I got a smogon snorlax in wondertrade :toot:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 23, 2022

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I've seen a lot of silly glitches on social media, but aside from weird camera spasms, I've had very few! Although I wish the minimap telling me certain pokemon were around me when they definitely are NOT would stop happening.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Ok I really love the Medali gym fight. The interspersed cutscenes really add to the experience

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Yestermoment posted:

I've seen a lot of silly glitches on social media, but aside from weird camera spasms, I've had very few! Although I wish the minimap telling me certain pokemon were around me when they definitely are NOT would stop happening.

What that means is get food that boosts the types of pokemons you see there, and they will be there. Just keep killing after eating. Encounter rate goes up to lvl 3 in food. I've only done lvl 2 and it gave me a poo poo ton at the spot, I just had to quick kill the other mobs there for a bit for them to spawn

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Eiba posted:

"I found the TM for dig here- that'll help with the electric gym in that crazy city on the horizon."

this is just dialogue from an in-game npc

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Vinylshadow posted:

Seems like it bugged out for a lot of people and only played the intro file

Song's a bop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4DybEiz7NI

Oh wow, yeah, I got hit with that same glitch and wow this is a hell of a track.

It was funny because I was like "yeah the E4 theme is the only miss on the OST for me" and turns out it loving slaps too, who knew?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh wow, yeah, I got hit with that same glitch and wow this is a hell of a track.

It was funny because I was like "yeah the E4 theme is the only miss on the OST for me" and turns out it loving slaps too, who knew?

The game is so good in so many ways it's things like this that heartbreaking. Especially since you can't rematch the elite four and catch it on another round.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Flopsy posted:

The game is so good in so many ways it's things like this that heartbreaking. Especially since you can't rematch the elite four and catch it on another round.

I agree, but I do like the repeatable tourney at the end where you can get any random teachers/students/npcs. Add in 5star lvl 75 raids, 6star lvl 90? raids, can't even imagine the 7 star special ones. It's got good replayability.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Flopsy posted:

Yeah, turns out I didn't get the actual Champion theme either and jesus christ I feel so ripped off now. :negative:

I do find it hilarious though that the only two tracks I thought were bad were just bugs. Pretty fitting for S/V. :v:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Pokémon is GOATed with the sauce

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Please, no, I don't want to order the gogoat with the special sauce

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, turns out I didn't get the actual Champion theme either and jesus christ I feel so ripped off now. :negative:

I do find it hilarious though that the only two tracks I thought were bad were just bugs. Pretty fitting for S/V. :v:

Mercifully her theme played for me. If it was poo poo for both I would've been pissed.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

BrainDance posted:

Which berries are the ev reset berries? So I know to keep an eye out for them.

you can tell from their descriptions but Grepa, Hondew, Kelpsy, Pomeg, Qualot, Tamato

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Just unlocked the rival sex romance option

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Barreft posted:

Please don't post this. They're children.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

New smilie?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I am beginning to think Blaze Breed Tauros don't exist. Been searching for like an hour now.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

eat an Encounter Power Fire sandwich, I found like three of them

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zore posted:

I am beginning to think Blaze Breed Tauros don't exist. Been searching for like an hour now.

There's a spawn for them right out side the Port town with the auction house's poke center. I had one literally run onto me while shopping. eat a fire encounter up food then run around it.

Barreft posted:

Shut the gently caress up, freak.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Kyrosiris posted:

Same, and now I feel kinda disappointed :(

You only get to beat the E4 for the first time once per generation and I got stupid music for it. The other bugs are fine but that sucks

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Zodack posted:

Just caught two shinies back to back - saw a Tarantoula and nabbed it, jumped off a cliff, immediately saw a Magikarp. Not complaining too much as red Gyarados is a classic but this is my third shiny Magikarp across HGSS, LA, and now SV.

Also Spidops is a weird looking dude

Just evolved my Tarountula and remembered seeing this post, the reason he looks like that is because he's almost certainly based on one of these: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinopis

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Well it was worth all the balls I had to use up trying to catch that loving Ditto because holy cow it's fast to breed eggs and you don't even have to do anything. Filling a box with little pepper crocodiles to trade away.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I went to a lot of trouble to evolve the Dolphin Pokemon, and at first I was really upset because I thought the design was lazy.

Then I realized what it's gimmick was and now I think it's my favorite Gen 9 pokemon.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Clive has style for miles.

god I love how absolutely see through that disguise is. come on, man, clavell

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Clive has style for miles.

god I love how absolutely see through that disguise is. come on, man, clavell

Now you're being silly. Clive has a *pompadour* and wears a leather jacket.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Lmao that Larry is also an Elite Four:allears:

Also lmao that he was just asked to use a different type so he's all "well I guess I'll use Flying this time" but he's clearly invested enough to come up with flight-themed catchphrases

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

HopperUK posted:

Now you're being silly. Clive has a *pompadour* and wears a leather jacket.

And he's got color in his hair! Come on, don't disrespect Clive, you know he ain't no square.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
CRYSTAL NUZLOCKE UPDate 72

Pryce went down like a wimp. Midway through the team rocket radio tower takeover and thought I’d do a post.

The squad is relatively solid at the moment. I think I might have to swap in somebody new to replace one or two of them going forward though.

Ok defensively and that’s it. Definitely would prefer to replace at earliest convenience but we’ll see how it goes.

We’ll assess where Barney is at post evolution but right now it’s comfortably the second worst member of my team. Razor leaf just isn’t cutting it. Haw haw haw

The stats aren’t good but it’s held up well in battles especially for a Pokémon that is loaded down with three hms if you count rock smash. Hoping it can hold out until I get the earthquake tm.

A Pokémon that specializes in fast special attack that doesn’t learn a single special attack move naturally, and can learn a whopping one special attack move via tm. Cool stuff gen 2, thanks. Will look to replace it unless I can afford to get Thunder before I head to Kanto which is loving unlikely. Whatever!

Pinsir has been very solid but Vicegrip gotta go. I might end up teaching it Strength on top of Quagsire already knowing it just so I can take advantage of that obscene attack stat (compared to the rest of the crew anyway).

My ace currently. Hoping I can dig up one other Sp atk move to load up fully and sweep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

CRYSTAL NUZLOCKE UPDate 72

Pryce went down like a wimp. Midway through the team rocket radio tower takeover and thought I’d do a post.

Please do keep posting these. I am invested in the story of Pink Marge.