Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

My stuff in the requisitorium rotates out randomly, not on the normal 24hr timer. Pretty annoying when I see something great and don't even get a chance to earn the credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Mordja posted:

Wish you were a servitor.

rude

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mordja posted:

Wish you were a servitor.

that's hosed up to say

Orv
May 4, 2011
Moooom the Homeworld avatars are fighting again.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
“I cannot dream. I know only waking nightmare.”

Knowing that this is Lohner’s voice actor somehow flips this from tragic to hysterical. 40k is such a weird setting, tonally

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

zealots are the only class that has any benefits at all to not having max health and therefore the slimmest shred of an excuse to not use a medicae station that has four charges, right? it’s bolted to the wall folks you can’t take it with you and we’re not coming back to it later, just use the stupid thing

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Henker posted:

Is it just me or does the Lucius pattern lasrifle kind of suck compared to the regular one? It has iron sights which are terrible, and the charging ability just makes it feel sluggish (since it's fire on button release). Which is a disappointment since it's way cooler looking.

Having played with it a bunch, lucius is a baby plasma rifle. You lose a lot of versatility and usability, it has an unwieldy uh, wield, in exchange for the best armor piercing and damage potential in the whole lasgun line. Your primary target changes from even specials to only the heaviest armored elites and especially bosses you can just destroy.

Personally not a fan, I think big single target is less important than versatility and multitarget in this game.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

zealots are the only class that has any benefits at all to not having max health and therefore the slimmest shred of an excuse to not use a medicae station that has four charges, right? it’s bolted to the wall folks you can’t take it with you and we’re not coming back to it later, just use the stupid thing

My probably wrong take is that on lower level missions you don’t need the damage and on higher ones the missing health is an unnecessary risk and asking to die to that one poxwalker that always spawns behind you and makes no sound. No reason to not heal even as zealot.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Is there another way to get loot besides waiting for the shop to update, because that feels real bad right now and is my biggest complaint with the game after stability.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Just had a Chasm Terminus run where the opening bridge was three reapers and about forty ranged guardsman, into the first blind drop having four maulers, four armored ragers, about twenty melee guard and, oh yeah, two trappers.

We did not get further.

How's the AI spawn rework going, guys?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just the two shops at the moment.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Orv posted:

My probably wrong take is that on lower level missions you don’t need the damage and on higher ones the missing health is an unnecessary risk and asking to die to that one poxwalker that always spawns behind you and makes no sound. No reason to not heal even as zealot.

oh totally, health is an incredibly more valuable resource than buffs, but i can understand why someone who’s not a minmaxing videogame expert might skip a station in that circumstance at least. much less so why the ogryn with two wounds is treating it like it’s antimatter and he’ll be annihilated if he gets close to it

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 23, 2022

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

wedgie deliverer posted:

Is there another way to get loot besides waiting for the shop to update, because that feels real bad right now and is my biggest complaint with the game after stability.

Noooooope

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

oh totally, health is an incredibly more valuable resource than buffs, but i can at least get why someone who’s not a minmaxing videogame expert might skip a station in that circumstance at least. much less so why the ogryn with two wounds is treating it like it’s antimatter and he’ll be annihilated if he gets close to it

I believe the term is ‘an bad.’

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

it’s bolted to the wall folks you can’t take it with you

Despite how much he begs you to.

He’s so lonely.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Floppychop posted:

My stuff in the requisitorium rotates out randomly, not on the normal 24hr timer. Pretty annoying when I see something great and don't even get a chance to earn the credits.
I think it also resets whenever you level up. :fatshark:

Cowcaster posted:

Even as a Zealot I pretty much always stay topped off, that extra 15 damage or whatever is not worth it at all. Plus there's a feat that gives way more than that anyway and all you have to do for it is hit enemies

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

wedgie deliverer posted:

You can get loot drops from doing missions, anecdotally it feels more likely to happen if there's a secondary objective like Scriptures or Grimoires and you fully complete it.

I've gotten both a purple ogryn cleaver and a yellow curio from random drops, but also a chunk of blues and whites so ymmv.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Exodee posted:

I think it also resets whenever you level up. :fatshark:

I'm 30, and it resets randomly. Like an 1-2 hours ish. Happens even if I haven't played a single mission.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

wedgie deliverer posted:

You have a chance to randomly get loot after a mission. It's usually bad. I got a legendary curio one time though.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

quote is not edit, woops

regarding post-mission loot. I'm 30 hours in and have only gotten one purple and around a dozen whites. RNG hates me.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

wedgie deliverer posted:

The real question is where do you see when the shop updates

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Why does my shop only have 2 items in it ...

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Kaldaris posted:

Why does my shop only have 2 items in it ...

You may be shocked to learn it's bugged.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
my favorite gun so far is the braced autogun because you just hold it at head level and hold the button down and things die

never melee

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Loot is likely going to change once crafting gets implemented. Vermintide let you upgrade common gear to top tier, then let you switch bonuses.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Just finished an assassination mission with 2 zealots with flamers and a shield ogryn :flame: :getin:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Pennsylvanian posted:

Loot is likely going to change once crafting gets implemented. Vermintide let you upgrade common gear to top tier, then let you switch bonuses.

Same in darktide, according to that trailer.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Huh, the hive enforcers sure love their clandestine interrogation rooms

I wonder what they do with all the captives they take at the checkpoi-is that a loving giant industrial shredder underneath the goddamn prison cells

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
are we the baddies

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
DESPERATE to see how the meltagun works in this.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mordja posted:

DESPERATE to see how the meltagun works in this.

Lava shotgun? It's going to be a close range something.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

This nonsense with the additional maps and lack of crafting system is making me worried about the additional weapon types. I'm hoping the leaked weapons aren't just stuff that was partially in the game and not ready yet. The current weapons in the game is... pretty sparse.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Internet Explorer posted:

This nonsense with the additional maps and lack of crafting system is making me worried about the additional weapon types. I'm hoping the leaked weapons aren't just stuff that was partially in the game and not ready yet. The current weapons in the game is... pretty sparse.

it'll be fine, they'll polish it over time

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

My problem is that there are weapons that are clearly better than and worse than rather than being interesting choices re: move set etc.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

terrorist ambulance posted:

it'll be fine, they'll polish it over time

Yes, the question is how much time.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Internet Explorer posted:

Yes, the question is how much time.

i mean, sort of. I don't mind waiting, but if they can't keep the population up, it's a lot less fun. these types of games are fun when a bunch of people are playing them and queue times are short. so let's hope they get it fixed up in time to keep people interested

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

My problem is that there are weapons that are clearly better than and worse than rather than being interesting choices re: move set etc.

yeah. there appear to be clear best in class weapons without much downside

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

This is my main concern too. If there will be something similar to Chaos Wastes in Darktide, the differences in weapons is going to be extra annoying. In VT2 you can on quite a few builds roll with random weapons for upgrades, but I would not do that in Darktide.

For example, losing a Psyker staff for a lasgun seems like a run ending change.

On that note, give Psykers an option to remove guns from loot rotation. None of us need that stuff anyway after unlocking staves.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Tiler Kiwi posted:

are we the baddies

it just couldn't be helped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Tiler Kiwi posted:

are we the baddies

My insane conspiracy theory is that we are playing a spy for a second chaos faction and most of the maps and plot are under embargo because they involve loving up imperial guard. All of the player voice acting is highly heretical in nature, with what are clearly Khornate zealots and Tzeentch psykers. People keep talking about how they can't trust us and everyone is suspicious of each other. The game could pull a KOTOR.

It would even let them expand the weapon pool and give out the current interesting weapons sooner since we'd also have daemonic stuff to look forward to.

It isn't going to happen but I can dream.