Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Sentinel Red posted:

See, I like Vel and don't want her to miss S2 but at the same time, she's a bit high on her own farts, giving it all the big I Am to Kleya and Mon but she comes over as more likely than Cinta to gently caress up or feel out of her depth. Cinta's just stone cold gangsta, she's patient, calm and will gently caress you up without raising her pulse. Vel just comes over far less in control.
I think this is exactly why Vel is more likely to survive into the next season over Cinta; Cinta's an implacable karma-dispensing machine, which makes her a little narratively predictable. Much like Syril, Vel isn't fully grown into her role yet. I think the writers likely want to explore more of that journey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
That's true, but at the same time how much correlation between competence and survival has there been in this show? I think Vel screws something up and gets Cinta killed, giving her a concrete reason to get as stone cold as Cinta was

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I believe I read that this last episode is supposed to have a post-credits, so that's something to remember as you watch tonight. Should hopefully be apparently when the app doesn't kick away from the credits to plug something else.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Teek posted:

I believe I read that this last episode is supposed to have a post-credits, so that's something to remember as you watch tonight. Should hopefully be apparently when the app doesn't kick away from the credits to plug something else.

evil red yoda confirmed

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

Owlbear Camus posted:

evil red yoda confirmed

"The one who knocks, I am."

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Teek posted:

The scene (or screenshots of it) have apparently leaked too.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The scene (or screenshots of it) have apparently leaked too.

>>> Credits <<<

INTERIOR: Jabba's Palace

Cassian: My boss wants to thank you for the 400K, our organization appreciates it.

Jabba through translator Droid C-2T3: The Great Jabba was assured you were willing to do anything for your "rebellion." You are said to have the best hands in the Mid-Rim.

Cassian withdraws massage oil from his bag and a slight grin appears as he looks at the large Hutt.

Cassian: Two hands. No more, no less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wpA9Unj4mk

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jwhitbrook/status/1595134519333466112

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Slashrat posted:

As much as the plausibility of it might be grounded in reality, if the audience isn't likely to be familiar with the real-life parallel,
You never having seen a nice thing in a poor neighborhood doesn't mean nobody else has. It's Tatooine. A hoverbike is easier to come by than water if you know the right people and also none of that matters because they were a throwback to 50s hot rod culture and greaser gangs and the children's franchise inspired by old adventure movie serials isn't a documentary.

You can think something is silly and not like it, but you don't get to launder your opinion through things being "grounded in reality." And Star Wars has never, ever been that to begin with.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the mods would be fine if they were in a real show with real production design, lighting, characters, dialogue, casting etc.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Owlbear Camus posted:

Isn't the lost 20 like people who resigned from being masters over the entire 10,000 year history of the order? Be kind of convenient to have 2 in living memory.
:goonsay:
Then again it was on a downturn.

yeah it would be a decent bit of worldbuilding to have more people leave the order recently, due to it sucking rear end more and more as time goes by

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He gets that Khyber crystal back and inserts it into a chest cavity like Iron Man and become a living lightsaber.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWNsD8m6AKw

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

RIP Ol' Saberknees, scratched his nose and died.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

cptn_dr posted:

RIP Ol' Saberknees, scratched his nose and died.

with his knees?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

chrome line posted:

That's true, but at the same time how much correlation between competence and survival has there been in this show? I think Vel screws something up and gets Cinta killed, giving her a concrete reason to get as stone cold as Cinta was

Yeah, that's the general gist. It doesn't even necessarily have to be a screw-up, but Cinta sacrificing herself for Vel would be a fairly conventional plot point.

But it doesn't even have to be that - Vel could simply witness Cinta going down, to drive home the point that competence won't save you if you're overmatched, ambushed, get careless, etc. There's plenty of ways to set up her character development for the next season.

Or Cinta tries to fulfill her mission of blapping Andor, and he blaps her instead. That's another setup for season 2 drama.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

With all the Rogue One foreshadowing they've been doing I'd be shocked if there's not a parallel to Cassian refusing to assassinate Galen Erso

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I hope Luthen hollers at the animals this episode

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The thread has a few updates from when it was originally posted, eg

https://twitter.com/MGsovski/status/1595228811431653376?s=20&t=P-HHHM_7lfmp87Zz1EVsFA

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

StashAugustine posted:

With all the Rogue One foreshadowing they've been doing I'd be shocked if there's not a parallel to Cassian refusing to assassinate Galen Erso

Hm...Syril seems like the most likely candidate, but he might also refuse to kill Vel or Cinta, who are then killed by other forces

Wonder if that'll be Syril's seeming Big drat Heroes moment to add to his giant list of fuckups because he thinks he's the protagonist (he is, but just one of several)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Please don’t kill Luthen I need my space-Swede to live on and prosper.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Farm Frenzy posted:

the mods would be fine if they were in a real show with real production design, lighting, characters, dialogue, casting etc.

If there had been a mod gang on Ferrix, we'd know them to great depth, some of them would have gotten great dialogue, and all of them would be as real as anyone in film.

Instead, it's been just about a year since BoBF S1 aired, and there's zero merch for the mods. That's the sign that Disney knows they hosed up. If the people riding them were cool, we'd have Black Series or better figures for the whole gang.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

After credit scene, Andor unzips his human skin and it falls off his body, and three Ewoks tumble out. The title Andor is on screen and it transforms to say Endor

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

mllaneza posted:

If there had been a mod gang on Ferrix, we'd know them to great depth, some of them would have gotten great dialogue, and all of them would be as real as anyone in film.

Instead, it's been just about a year since BoBF S1 aired, and there's zero merch for the mods. That's the sign that Disney knows they hosed up. If the people riding them were cool, we'd have Black Series or better figures for the whole gang.

BoBF was full of ideas that could have worked great with a bit of effort. But none of them were ever fleshed out or done well - apart from the Tuskens. Right up till they all got fridged offscreen.

I didn't like the mods. At all. But it's hard for me to criticise them specifically when everything was just such a huge loving mess. It's like pointing out a rotten tree while standing in a forest of poo poo.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

After credit scene, Andor unzips his human skin and it falls off his body, and three Ewoks tumble out. The title Andor is on screen and it transforms to say Endor

Fade to Black, then:

THE ENDOR

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Looking forward to the finale, but not the two year andor-less starwars wasteland.

Sure, bad batch, more mando, but they're not as fulfilling. Oh well, an hour to go.

:hmmyes:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Star Wars: Ring of Power

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Time for Funeral Wars.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
the littlest revolutionarie's manifesto is back back!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Nemik manifesto voiceover!

Anto Kreegyr blamed for Aldahni in the eyes of the empire.

Syril buddy cop teamup yess!

Daughters of Ferrix say gently caress your postponement,. the funeral starts on time

Goddamn this is great

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

AFTER CREDITS SCENE

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
What a show

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
As far as season finales go, this was good, but it needed a better cliffhanger to let us stew on until Season2 but I did appreciate that post-credits scene.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Me a year ago: Oh yeah Andor that seems like it'll be fun, maybe not enough focus but early rebellion stuff seems cool and I liked Rogue One, I might watch it once it's all out, but now this Boba Fett show that's about to come out, that's gonna rule!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I was hoping to be blown away and was left with a mere "that was ok for a finale" instead. The riot scene was great, and Maarva's speech was riveting af, that whole funeral set piece was... but I dunno, it felt like all the character threads converging didn't have satisfying enough payoffs considering all the hype-as-hell build up. I also get he's the main character, but Andor teleporting to various locations was a bit too convenient; needed more tension as he was navigating Ferrix imo, seeing as how he's wanted by like everyone. I did enjoy how he iced that one imp while searching for Bix though.

[edit] I think that one tweet telling me NOT to temper my expecations or whatever that was posted ITT a few days ago when the press screener reactions were dropping bombs on twitter made me set the bar too high I guess, lol.

teagone fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Nov 23, 2022

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
That definitely felt like a cliffhanger to the next chapter vs. the end of a season, but drat that funeral and how everyone came together was just great.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The star-crossed fascists scene unintentionally made me laugh.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Man i loved it. The ending to me was perfect, Cass is all in on rebellion baby he's nemikpilled

The antagonists had a set back, the good guys a pyrrhic victory, and it sets the stage for season 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Hell loving yes bash in those Imperial heads with Maarva's brick!