Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
He's going full truth social because he wants tump to come back lmao.

Going to lol when Biden deletes all the WH accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Twitter is running worse for me. I have a long follow list so it used to be an infinite scroll of content. Now the content loops frequently. Sight elements including the main feed have the spinning load icon for much longer.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
It was doing "Unable to show this tweet!" for everything earlier. They weren't deleted or anything. Just kept refreshing and it eventually came up. poo poo is getting hosed.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rebel Blob posted:

Musk is having an extremely normal night.

Those are real tweets :stare:

Holy poo poo, I am at a literal loss for words on this one.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Infinitum posted:

This idiot smoked himself stupid and literally believes in the Woke Illuminati

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Infinitum posted:

Other notable fakes: apartheid

Elon: true true

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1595250835096621057

SidBo
Feb 9, 2004

Nessus posted:

A worthy page 420 post.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

he just lost 100s of billions, what the gently caress is he doing going through a storage closet lol

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Looking for spare change

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1595171447873409037

Elon is sobbing over this

https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1595211703024640000

Apparently not advertising on a website is “killing” it

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

thin blue whine posted:

he just lost 100s of billions, what the gently caress is he doing going through a storage closet lol

giving me vibes of when lowtax went through his house to find some empty bottles to incriminate the women he beat

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I am genuinely unsure if you’re saying it’s sad to pal around with Dinesh, who is one of the most pathetic right wing figures, or if you're mocking Dinesh for palling around with one of the most pathetic right wing figures.

imo they deserve each other they also just deserve to be together far away from any platforms and money

lol good catch, and i suppose the only answer i can give is "yes"

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
420 page

lol elon overpaid cuz of funny weed number

lol

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Was Twitter selling those T-Shirts? if so, Musk should understand a corporation co-opting something to make money on it

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Elon sucks so bad, and those replies are even worse than he is lol

Edit: did anyone follow the Apple twitter? It’s empty right now. Did they delete their tweets? Or is this an Apple thing where they only tweet when they’re having an event

https://twitter.com/apple

If Apple deletes twitter from the App Store…

Comfy Fleece Sweater fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 23, 2022

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

What will Elon's first slur on Twitter be

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I'm waiting for the day that stupid floating space Tesla floats off into space and crashes into some alien space station/ship/etc and causes them to enslave/destroy all humanity.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Unperson_47 posted:

What will Elon's first slur on Twitter be

It will absolutely be the south African n word, he's probably been wandering around twitter hq going "keeeeeeeeee" ever since he moved in

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

CatstropheWaitress posted:

gently caress all of this. Letting workers who could do their stuff remote SO THEY DIDN'T RISK DEATH FROM A PANDEMIC was not a huge concession as much as common human decency. It's not "nice guy", it's bare minimum to make sure their workforce didn't risk death. And, surprise, many jobs can be done in sweat pants. And it's fine. The alternative is literally asking workers to risk their lives for the sake of the company, which is a work philosophy that needs to be identified and mocked appropriately for how insane and inhumane it is.

the funny thing is COVID is still pulling high numbers. it's not in the news anymore because states are just straight up lying or not even reporting how many people died from covid related issues.

did they die from lungs getting drippy and flooding their lungs? no, their immune systems were hosed for spooky reasons not related to COVID symptoms.

in other words, boomer/coked up grad managers that want to exercise their MBA degrees and waste time forgetting the whole fact that a highly transmitted flu virus that shoots buckets from downtown consistently are making things hard.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Are you telling me that Millennials are KILLING TWITTER?!?!?!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Does Twitter filter the goatman? Like automatically?

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
Posting on the weed page because LOL and DOGE and LOL(again!)

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

All sorts of yummy treats this morning.

https://twitter.com/alexeheath/status/1595105196413448192

Perfect time to get into crypto tbh

:hmbol: Lonnie's about to start paying employees in crypto :hmbol:

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Elon sucks so bad, and those replies are even worse than he is lol

Edit: did anyone follow the Apple twitter? It’s empty right now. Did they delete their tweets? Or is this an Apple thing where they only tweet when they’re having an event

https://twitter.com/apple

If Apple deletes twitter from the App Store…

The rumour going around is that if Twitter can’t get their moderation in place, they will be kicked out of the App Store. Apple, and a few executives have closed their accounts or cleaned them.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Who is this Meg Murphy person? Joe Rogan is celebrating her return to twitter, so I assume she sucks rear end

https://twitter.com/MeghanEMurphy/status/1594536650557751297

Edit:

javi posted:

The rumour going around is that if Twitter can’t get their moderation in place, they will be kicked out of the App Store. Apple, and a few executives have closed their accounts or cleaned them.

That would honestly make my day. Good on Apple for not supporting Elon’s trash website

Comfy Fleece Sweater fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Nov 23, 2022

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Posting on weed page

also I’m pretty sure Elun’s plan all along is to make twitter into a way to do crypto transactions with dogecoin

Like PayPal but fake money

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nessus posted:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Other notable fakes: apartheid

Elon: true true

Just full on mask off agreeing with conspiracy theories by the new owner of Twitter :psyboom:

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Who is this Meg Murphy person? Joe Rogan is celebrating her return to twitter, so I assume she sucks rear end

https://twitter.com/MeghanEMurphy/status/1594536650557751297

https://twitter.com/MeghanEMurphy/status/1594534345347403782?cxt=HHwWjMC8yb6i9qAsAAAA

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

javi posted:

Tim Cook is still posting, but if this true then Twitter is done in the US (if the 80% of phone users in the US are on iPhone thing is believed). That would own so hard.

Althalin
Nov 19, 2019

Putting the ham in Chamon
Pork Pro

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

420 page

lol elon overpaid cuz of funny weed number

lol

:emptyquote:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Funny L. Ron weed funny haha

remember, NASA saw this went through some poo poo because government contractors are not supposed to be on the wacky tobaccy

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Nessus posted:

Does Twitter filter the goatman? Like automatically?

I would assume that they would have tried multiple times by now to train a neural net to recognize it, but it has multiple times gained sentience and tried to Skynet us in retaliation, and was thus repeatedly euthanized.

It's a solid assumption tbf and not entirely unjustified on Skynet's part

also why you shouldn't fire your entire moderation department probably

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

UltraShame posted:

All it would take to make that singature "Elon" would be a more accurate glans and two loops

on the weed number page! 🤣🤣🤣🤣:suicide:

Dr. Thoss fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 23, 2022

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

This page gives me an idea of a really funny price to set for a company I'm buying and there's no better reason to buy a company than that. Except maybe if there's someone on it tracking your private jet.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

PITY BONER posted:

Tim Cook is still posting, but if this true then Twitter is done in the US (if the 80% of phone users in the US are on iPhone thing is believed). That would own so hard.
Does the app just stop working on every iPhone?

UltraShame posted:

I would assume that they would have tried multiple times by now to train a neural net to recognize it, but it has multiple times gained sentience and tried to Skynet us in retaliation, and was thus repeatedly euthanized.

It's a solid assumption tbf and not entirely unjustified on Skynet's part

also why you shouldn't fire your entire moderation department probably
well I'm not a tweetologist but it seems like a relatively simple tool could allow someone to train several accounts to put a certain memorable image in every single thing Elon Musk says, for instance

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
:420:

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

:patriot: :911:

Only in America.

e: okay i'm laughing more than I thought I would at this

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Elon is so much dumber than I thought he was a few months ago

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

javi posted:

Phil Schiller deleted his account--Apple hasn't changed its account, though (it never tweeted from the Apple account, so the lack of tweets is not a result of tweets being deleted): https://9to5mac.com/2022/11/21/yes-phil-schiller-deleted-his-twitter-account-no-apple-has-not-removed-its-tweets/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Nessus posted:

Does the app just stop working on every iPhone?

well I'm not a tweetologist but it seems like a relatively simple tool could allow someone to train several accounts to put a certain memorable image in every single thing Elon Musk says, for instance

Look, I'm not saying that elon shouldn't be goatse'd every waking minute of his life (also when asleep). Just that they can no longer three-law Skynet :ssh: