Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

so to make use of america's film studio building poor abe has to build a theatre????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

2nd Edit: Yeah, something is hosed and I only have access to the base game at the moment

:same:

going about as expected i guess.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Is that whats up? I thought it was my mods or something... Thanks Fixaris!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Lol what a disaster. Any patch as well or just continuing to pretend the bugs don't exist?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

a second update has hit the steam and all my poo poo is back.

also 2ks login servers are getting slammed rn

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Steam is suggesting I don't qualify for anthology ownership because I don't have that lovely Viking scenario dlc lol

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Steam isn't allowing me to add the anthology to my library even though I own all the DLC. Rough launch.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Theotus posted:

Steam isn't allowing me to add the anthology to my library even though I own all the DLC. Rough launch.

same

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

For what it’s worth, the iOS version is (for once) working well. DLC was there, updated, and it’s running fine.

What a launch lol.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Yeah this is confusing. Steam thinks I own 18 of 19 parts of the Anthology, but the 19th item is the leader pass itself.

Inside the bundle it's listed as $0.00, so are you supposed to proactively claim it? I feel like usually stuff like this is auto-added if you meet the requirements.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The new leader bonuses are terrible...

Abe: -2 loyalty per plantation (funny but extremely bad) in exchange for +3 loyalty from industrial zones (ie halfway through the game) and a free slightly buffed unit per IZ.

Saladin: lose all your cool flavourful faith/culture/science stuff in exchange for an extra flanking bonus. :effort:

Mbande: +10% yields on home continent, -% yields off. Situationally decent but boring af. :effort:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Ripper Swarm posted:

Yeah this is confusing. Steam thinks I own 18 of 19 parts of the Anthology, but the 19th item is the leader pass itself.

Inside the bundle it's listed as $0.00, so are you supposed to proactively claim it? I feel like usually stuff like this is auto-added if you meet the requirements.

:same:

There's a button saying "add to account", but pressing it just says, "There was a problem adding this product to your account. Please try again later."

I can't add the pack without paying $20 with this broken. Good job, Steam.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I think the correct move is not to touch anything for a week and let it settle down, I fear trying to dick with your Steam purchases during this timeframe will just special-case your account instead of it being fixed organically.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Tried to do the 2K account link thing for Caesar but the confirmation link crapped out and now it won't let me do anything because my email is "already in use". Cool.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Ratios and Tendency posted:

The new leader bonuses are terrible...

Abe: -2 loyalty per plantation (funny but extremely bad) in exchange for +3 loyalty from industrial zones (ie halfway through the game) and a free slightly buffed unit per IZ.

Saladin: lose all your cool flavourful faith/culture/science stuff in exchange for an extra flanking bonus. :effort:

Mbande: +10% yields on home continent, -% yields off. Situationally decent but boring af. :effort:

Very boring.

Lincoln's is especially terrible. Loyalty bonuses only help if you are conquering, and only if they can be applied immediately to a newly conquered city. The industrial zone loyalty will always be negligible, and the plantation deficit will either be negligible or crippling depending on the situation of the current game. Purposely avoiding improving a tile is not a fun mechanic.

Anyway everyone, have fun with all of your mods breaking over the next X months in exchange for a new Queen Elizabeth that gives all of your redcoats +1 movement when embarked.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
If any Anthology owners on Steam are still waiting on the Leader Pass, check again! It's sorted itself out for me

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
- I've never gotten much out of Kongo's no religion thing for whatever reason, so Mbande is actually welcome for me.
- Lincoln is conceptually interesting but probably worse than no leader at all. You could get rid of the plantation malus and I still wouldn't care. I keep trying to come up with a similar but better idea and I've got enough (lovely) ideas that I figure modders will have a dozen better and more interesting versions of Abe soon. Until then, Booth did nothing wromng
- Julius, now he's cool actually. I'd rather play Trajan, but the new Caesar is cool and I'll probably load him up once in a while. Reminds me of Gilgamesh, but even more reason to knock over a neighbor.
- New Saladin does nothing. So gently caress it, replace Abe with Saladin.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Ripper Swarm posted:

If any Anthology owners on Steam are still waiting on the Leader Pass, check again! It's sorted itself out for me

Yea nah, shoulda followed my own advice, that whole rigamarole of signing up, Steam telling me the DLC was added, and bingo bango no new leaders. Derp.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I sort of don't care if the new leaders are weak or not because they are mostly boring aside from Caesar. I appreciate they have to conform with the existing civs, but they don't push any of the designs in interesting ways or create weird or fun new ways to play. At least with Caesar you end up treating city states as piggy banks.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Every time my comp goes to sleep or I start a game, my download goes back to zero. That's a new one to me!

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Love the fact that the game has decided to not recognise I own any of the DLC now. (Epic version, if that makes a difference.)

Awesome.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o
I'm having the joy of trying to add the (£0.00) anthology pack to steam and then steam just collapsing on itself and dying. Last I checked it was "you've made too many attempts to purchase something, please wait a while".

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Everything worked fine for me all along but I am having the joy of not actually remembering how to play Civilization VI. It is made worse by the fact that toward the end of my previous time with it, I was really trying to win with each civ in a True Start Location map. The static map made some things much easier -- knowing the likely locations for barbarian camps, huts, and good districts -- but some civs (e.g. Indonesia) really have tough starts relative to the others. Going back to random maps showed me how much I was relying on my knowledge of the map.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Apparently with the new Lincoln ability you can switch power plants from say coal to oil and back and churn out free units that have no resource costs or upkeep.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
And we'll fill our vacant ranks with a million free-men more,
Shouting the battle-cry of freeeeedom

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

they should keep it and just call the ability black budget

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Also its working for me now, so the roll out of whatever broke the anthology is going however slowly

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

homullus posted:

Everything worked fine for me all along but I am having the joy of not actually remembering how to play Civilization VI. It is made worse by the fact that toward the end of my previous time with it, I was really trying to win with each civ in a True Start Location map. The static map made some things much easier -- knowing the likely locations for barbarian camps, huts, and good districts -- but some civs (e.g. Indonesia) really have tough starts relative to the others. Going back to random maps showed me how much I was relying on my knowledge of the map.

I genuinely don't get how you're supposed to win as TSL Japan, it just seems way too restrictive and your capital is crap

like I know that you're behind the AI no matter what for a long time on deity but I mean it just puts you SO far behind

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 23, 2022

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Are there seriously no new achievements for the new content? C'mon, man, I was expecting something to shoot for with Abe.

Wait, that came out wrong.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

You should get an achievement for getting it to work.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
it's just sad they came out now with it, the mod scene was done and moving on to other games

I just wish Civ Enhanced would fix the new leaders but im not holding my breath

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I think Julius Caesar might be the worst offender in the game, so far, for "leader that looks nothing like their real-world historical figure". I mean, surely anyone with a passing interest in history has seen a bust of Julius Caesar, or a coin bearing his profile, or something? Did it even occur to the animators to google up a reference?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it's just sad they came out now with it, the mod scene was done and moving on to other games

I just wish Civ Enhanced would fix the new leaders but im not holding my breath

If you mean Civilizations Expanded (my favorite mod) then I checked already and the dev says they're going to update it.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Still can't get it to work for myself, oh well. The steam page is filled with all sorts of tips about deleting files and buying $0 items to fix it.

I have never seen another free content update with such negative reviews, it's crazy.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Hmmmm am I going to faff around with this to play some underwhelming bugged new leaders or am I just going to carry on playing total Warhammer 3 which was updated yesterday hmmmm this is a really tough choice

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Yeah, a couple of new leaders to add to the huge pile is rather underwhelming.

Are there even leaders that change how you play the game in a significant way? Like Venice and Austria in Civ V, for example.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Tarquinn posted:

Yeah, a couple of new leaders to add to the huge pile is rather underwhelming.

Are there even leaders that change how you play the game in a significant way? Like Venice and Austria in Civ V, for example.

Maori are probably the closest but only for the start of the game. Otherwise no, not really, and there sure as hell won't be any in this pack lol.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
There's that Mayan leader who forces all your cities to be within 6 tiles of the capital. Well, "forces", just strong penalties if you don't.

I understand the wariness of having later releases just get more and more OP to keep players coming back, but if you're avoiding a power spiral then you should have the acumen to make 'weird' leaders instead. I suspect this was done quickly to capitalize on absent "big names" but without having the previous design team?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Lincoln seems like a fantastic neighbor if you're playing as Eleanor.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Poil posted:

Lincoln seems like a fantastic neighbor if you're playing as Eleanor.

lol "pour moi?" :shy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

DontMockMySmock posted:

I think Julius Caesar might be the worst offender in the game, so far, for "leader that looks nothing like their real-world historical figure". I mean, surely anyone with a passing interest in history has seen a bust of Julius Caesar, or a coin bearing his profile, or something? Did it even occur to the animators to google up a reference?

It genuinely looks like he somehow wandered in from a freemium mobile game or something, his proportions are all weird even by the standards of Civ VI's cartoonish leader style.