Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I was smoking twice a day and it made the dentist a nightmare. Alcohol doesn't help, but weed really fucks up the efficacy of anesthetics, even locals apparently b/c I felt everything when I got a filling back in spring.

It does gently caress with locals too, but not to the extent of knock out drugs. The hour or so I was in the chair getting my teeth yanked out, I was stuck with locals as they went, because they were only effective for so long and my weed habit definitely had an effect.

I didn't take a break before, smoked the morning of, drove both ways, even stopped to buy a clone and some seeds on the way to the VA. Didn't get any pain killers for it, took naproxen. I might have a higher than average pain tolerance, but the three days following weren't a picnic. Nicotine patches helped.

If you're getting work done, tell your dentist you smoke weed so they can stick you with a double dose. At least make them aware of it beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

SgtScruffy posted:

As someone who is contemplating a Dynavap, is this "all I need"? I remember seeing that there's a critical thingy to buy to make it so you don't have to swirl poo poo, does any of this change that or should I still buy that hoodawhatsit?

Carth Dookie posted:

the extra thing you want is the Simrell FMJ. Its $10 and you want it.

Yep, this. Otherwise you'll have everything you need. Debating buying it so I can have a second Dynavap for on the go

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Looks like I’m gonna get me one of them technicolor ones to treat myself. Thanks all!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ I love the commercial your avatar is from, probably one of my favorite internet things from the 00s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rE0EakhG8

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I caught up several fillings and a root canal a couple of years ago and never had any trouble w/ the anesthesia, but I always do 50-100mg of CBD for dental anxiety so maybe that helps idk

SgtScruffy posted:

Looks like I’m gonna get me one of them technicolor ones to treat myself. Thanks all!

Hell yeah

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I gave my brother my old M tip and told him he should get an FMJ to complete the package. instead, he wrapped a copper wire around his cap and apparently it works just fine

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Thing about the anesthetics and weed thing is it's not universal, but the likelihood of an interaction is common enough that you should give your dentist a heads up anyhow.

It may not effect you individually, but it effects enough people that it's helpful to know.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

/\ I love the commercial your avatar is from, probably one of my favorite internet things from the 00s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rE0EakhG8

I signed up for SA in 2003 when this was a Fresh New Piece of Internet Content and it still brings a smile to my face. Also according to IMDB the woman may be one of Tommy Chong's daughters, bringing this whole thing in alignment with the thread :2bongs:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

SgtScruffy posted:

As someone who is contemplating a Dynavap, is this "all I need"? I remember seeing that there's a critical thingy to buy to make it so you don't have to swirl poo poo, does any of this change that or should I still buy that hoodawhatsit?
You can buy this and be very happy with this deal

You will buy it, use it and be happy

Then about 2 months you will say "I wonder if the copper thingy is as good as they say, hey it's ten dollars, why not?"

And you will wonder why you didn't just buy it at the start

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Thing about the anesthetics and weed thing is it's not universal, but the likelihood of an interaction is common enough that you should give your dentist a heads up anyhow.

It may not effect you individually, but it effects enough people that it's helpful to know.

if y'all are gonna take any advice from the GBS weed thread, this is the best advice you can take

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
no ask the anesthesiologist to shotgun some bong rips in your mouth in between the nitrous breaths

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

My last anesthesiologist reminded me of Batista from Hotel Artemis. He was jacked!

"I'm a healthcare professional, and that knowledge goes both ways..."

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Mozi posted:

no ask the anesthesiologist to shotgun some bong rips in your mouth in between the nitrous breaths

thats a totally different situation Mozi and in that situation you are correct

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
It amazes me this thread has existed for 6 years. I guess I read TCC & GBS both pretty heavily, like, 2005-2009 and then fell off both. At that time, weed was illegal and obviously we didn't have this thread.

Came back to GBS over the past couple weeks mostly to follow takes on the simultanious and darkly hilarious implosions of FTX and Twitter, but I may as well toot my horn a bit. If any y'all legal adults ever up in north/central VT and wanna stop by for a sample, The State Permits This And So Do I. (I do not sell weed under any circumstances. I give away an average of a half pound a year! :toot:)

The last of four outdoor plants I chopped this season, and resulting Strategic Weed Reserve. My math on this is that the outdoor bud cost $7.70 per ounce dried bud (yield around 56oz total dry bud weight plus 10oz of decent trim) which is, of course, substantially cheaper than what I pay indoor.

Indoor, yeah. I built myself a reasonable if kinda barebones/janky space a year ago when my wife asked me if I could move the poo poo out of the house because of her allergies, it was around $5000 to finish off a 10x10 area inside an existing 20x20 structure with proper 6" faced insulation and a floor built on top of a foundation of 4x4 PT beams sitting on top of gravel after excavating a ton of dirt (that part sucked). I posted a thread about the shed build out itself here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3980101 -- possibly good information for anyone trying to do similar. Proceeded to spend another $2000 upgrading my extraction gear.

Current status of weedshack: as full of Arcarta Trainwreck as legally possible, that ought to be done in about 5 weeks. These got massive because I didn't want to flip to 12/12 until I was done with the outdoor bullshit so I just kept topping them :laugh: Grids? Nets? Who needs that poo poo, we doin' this redneck style :laugh: Because this space is generally not 100% air tight, bugs tend to get in and as weather got colder I was having more of an issue with aphids but then I started seeing ladybugs and I still see a ton of them and I see very, very few aphids. I will still let the weed go to -10C overnight once it's cut to kill anything and then wash it well before I dry it, but, not too worried, this is the country, bugs are bugs, I know what weed looks like when it's really getting hit by aphids and that is not what's happening, I think I am just breeding a fat army of ladybugs.

z

Extraction process: soaking weed in 100% food grade ethanol at -14F or lower results in a nonpolar extraction that will leave chlorophyll and plant fats behind, so step one is doing that soak (3x, new booze each time) and then filtering it through a buchner, ideally before it warms up very much. Consistency of process on that end is the biggest variable in quality of resulting oil; even generally weak and lovely weed will make good oil, it just doesn't make nearly as much of it.

If things are done pretty well it comes out looking like the tub in the 3rd pic, and then sometimes I decarb it in a tiny mason jar and use that to make tincture. The two different colors of tincture show a variance in extraction quality: both were done using trim leaf, but the darker stuff got warmer, hence, chlorophyll. Also, I make this tincture stabilized at 133mg/ml of decarb shatter, when making it for myself, and about 66.6mg/ml when I am making it for the friends I cook this stuff for. For me, @ 133mg/ml I am good after 2-3ml, I've also been told by my wife that's enough to make a normal person go completely off the wall and when she takes my product she starts with, like, 1/8tsp. Unsure if I am a bad metabolizer of edibles or just have an insane tolerance but I suspect the latter!!

Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
This is the gbs thread? Huh, I'll be damned, thought it was the tcc one.

There are a lot of weed threads on this forum.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

This is the gbs thread? Huh, I'll be damned, thought it was the tcc one.

There are a lot of weed threads on this forum.

this is actually the first thread I posted in when I came back from like 6 years away, no joke. It was when I was starting to smoke weed more regularly but before legalization in Michigan, so I didn't have a ton of people to talk weed with

also holy gently caress I've been posting in this thread for how long???????

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I have 22 pages of posts in this thread.

You have 33 pages. Lol.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

This was a great read and your plants are gorgeous!

I'm on the other coast, but that makes me want to pack up the dynavap and wand

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I have 22 pages of posts in this thread.

You have 33 pages. Lol.

I have more a posting problem than a weed problem tbh

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also apparently tomorrow is like "WEED WEDNESDAY" or some other dumb convoluted name for the day before Thanksgiving, where the local weed shops have a bunch of sales. Hoping to pick up some decent carts for my mom, edibles for my dad and RSO for myself

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I was thinking about checking out some deals tomorrow but honestly, prices can't get too much lower in Pueblo. Might go top off anyhow.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

bagmonkey posted:

Also apparently tomorrow is like "WEED WEDNESDAY" or some other dumb convoluted name for the day before Thanksgiving, where the local weed shops have a bunch of sales. Hoping to pick up some decent carts for my mom, edibles for my dad and RSO for myself

Green Wednesday, and my data on it + thanksgiving was used in Forbes and NYT articles. :science:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

bagmonkey posted:

I have more a posting problem than a weed problem tbh

I used to think I had a weed problem but then I realized that once I stopped being worried about getting arrested and once I got costs down substantially from home grow, I realized, nah, I just have slightly worse short term memory than I might otherwise, worse dream recall, and much better sleep.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I used to think I had a weed problem but then I realized that once I stopped being worried about getting arrested and once I got costs down substantially from home grow, I realized, nah, I just have slightly worse short term memory than I might otherwise, worse dream recall, and much better sleep.

this is me, yeah

I go hard on it when I want to feel dumb for a few hours, but otherwise, I vape throughout the day and it keeps the anxiety at bay

at the cost of a little smoothing of the brain lol

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dilber posted:

Green Wednesday, and my data on it + thanksgiving was used in Forbes and NYT articles. :science:

What's the data!!! Is this the time to buy??? Should I stock up!!!

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

bagmonkey posted:

What's the data!!! Is this the time to buy??? Should I stock up!!!

the company i work for says yes.

The next couple of days between Green Wednesday through Cyber Monday are going to be some of the best sales of the year. Green Wednesday has a similar sales profile to 420, and is one of the most important revenue days for legal weed.

IF YOU WANT MORE DATA:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherr...sh=3686f82521df

IF YOU WANT TO LEARN ABOUT DANKSGIVING (this was a hilarious project to run)

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/18/dining/thanksgiving-smoking-weed.html

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm almost reaching nirvana with my hunt for perfect one-hit half chamber dynavap goodness,

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1595141854538129410

... and this rig might be nearly it :)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

God Hole posted:

I gave my brother my old M tip and told him he should get an FMJ to complete the package. instead, he wrapped a copper wire around his cap and apparently it works just fine

Lots of people were doing this last year-ish when those first came out.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I've been in and out of the doctor a lot lately because of this thing in my abdomen, but the current theory is that "it's not of consequence" so I'll sit on it for a month and get another ultrasound in December to see if it's changed.

In any case, my blood pressure was 10 points higher the week I abstained from weed than the week I was using.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Mozi posted:

I fantasize about having a long neck bong that perfectly seals on me face down on a massage table

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Need a couple Volcano pumping into a sensory deprivation tank.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

What if your whole house was a bong for a much larger creature

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Jestery posted:

I fantasize about having a long neck bong that perfectly seals on me face down on a massage table

Mason jar bong with hookah hose attachment

https://www.thechroniccrafter.com/creative-cannabis-products/review-of-the-mason-jar-bong-by-glass-lung-the-stoned-mason

e there's also those super tall graffix bongs but they're pretty cheaply made

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Wachter posted:

What if your whole house was a bong for a much larger creature

I am that larger creature

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

ReelBigLizard posted:

It's not authentic Bourguignon really, because it's mostly done separately, but this is what we did:

Midday-ish season the beef rib with salt, pepper and a splash of light soy sauce, wrapped up well in a foil parcel to slow cook all afternoon in the oven at about 120 DegC, probably 6 hours. More hours more better so you can also throw it in before work or whatever and do it for 8-10 hours.

1 hour before desired serving start the sauce by sautee-ing finely chopped celery, carrots and onions, and shallots in butter. Once completely soft and starting to brown deglaze the pan with a large glass of Côtes du Rhône, a large glass of ruby port, and an amount of rich beef stock equal to the port and wine, add peeled whole baby carrots and shallots. Simmer.

[optional] Add a piece of high quality dark chocolate or cacao to the sauce for earthiness.

30 mins to go set the potatoes to boil. Strain the majority of the onions and veg from the sauce, bring back to simmer. Throw away the finely chopped veg you strained out. Take the beef out of the oven, roll in the pan of sauce and return to the roasting tray, now uncovered, add the whole baby carrots and shallots in with the beef and return to the oven at 180 DegC to glaze.

[optional] Sautee wild mushrooms and bacon until crispy.

Check on the potatoes, they should be soft, mash them and throw in your weed butter, horseradish sauce (or grated horseradish) to taste.

Once you've finished that it should be serving time. Bed of potatoes, veg and beef on that, sauce over top, bacon and mushrooms for garnish.

We didn't have mushrooms this time because my friend doesn't like them but it's really good without.

Quoting this to make later :cheers:

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Weird blowup at the in-laws. We just passed a rec law, and my BIL decided to rant about how the state is ruined because of it.

I could only keep my mouth shut so long, so I told him I’ve held a med card for years, and it’s improved my life.

He was shocked that I, a clean-cut white guy with a job uses the devil’s flower. He got in my face yelling about how any benefits I feel are just “the justifications of a junkie” and I need to “stay away from his children.”

I’m kind of mad that no one else spoke up until he left, especially my father-in-law who smokes more than I do.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

eddiewalker posted:

Weird blowup at the in-laws. We just passed a rec law, and my BIL decided to rant about how the state is ruined because of it.

I could only keep my mouth shut so long, so I told him I’ve held a med card for years, and it’s improved my life.

He was shocked that I, a clean-cut white guy with a job uses the devil’s flower. He got in my face yelling about how any benefits I feel are just “the justifications of a junkie” and I need to “stay away from his children.”

I’m kind of mad that no one else spoke up until he left, especially my father-in-law who smokes more than I do.

you should have just punched him in the face and told him to do something about it, he would have started crying considering the prior reactions

Vakal
May 11, 2008

eddiewalker posted:

He got in my face yelling about how any benefits I feel are just “the justifications of a junkie” and I need to “stay away from his children.”

Sounds like a win to me.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

MrQwerty posted:

you should have just punched him in the face and told him to do something about it, he would have started crying considering the prior reactions

Dude sounds pretty high-strung. I think if you had just laid an arm on his shoulder and said "are you ok bro??" he would have started crying

He should probably smoke some weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Wachter posted:

Dude sounds pretty high-strung. I think if you had just laid an arm on his shoulder and said "are you ok bro??" he would have started crying

He should probably smoke some weed

:lmao: and it's true too

what a fuckin rear end in a top hat