Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I bought a chain axe on the zealot and it seemed worse than the two handed chainsword weirdly, every attack bites into enemies so you get caught and hit a lot more but it takes two quick swings to kill the enemies that are slightly tougher than poxwalkers like the lovely little armoured guys or dregs whereas the sword I have just kills them outright, it didn't seem to do more damage to armoured stuff to make up for it either. Very odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

terrorist ambulance posted:

i mean, sort of. I don't mind waiting, but if they can't keep the population up, it's a lot less fun. these types of games are fun when a bunch of people are playing them and queue times are short. so let's hope they get it fixed up in time to keep people interested

Queue times still seem to be short for me playing vermintide 2 so I have faith in this.

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Drakes posted:

Always use the medicae if no on else needs it, especially to remove corrupt. I've been playing zealot to 18 and I don't even think of the bonus damage from low health, it looks like you take health damage even if you have toughness up. Like maybe 1 hp per hit depending on what you're dealing with.

The bonus damage from low health is hard to appreciate until it gets you downing mob with 1 less attack. And I'm not certain if it applies on ranged attacks but sure hope it does!

On this note - why does the corruption not always get cleared by the medicae? I’ve had a couple times it seems to clear it but then it just climbs back to eliminating half my health bar straight away.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Schwawa posted:

On this note - why does the corruption not always get cleared by the medicae? I’ve had a couple times it seems to clear it but then it just climbs back to eliminating half my health bar straight away.

Was anyone in your party holding a grimoire?

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Drakes posted:

it looks like you take health damage even if you have toughness up. Like maybe 1 hp per hit depending on what you're dealing with.

A developer on the Fatshark forums actually clarified how incoming melee damage works. A minimum of 10% melee damage will bypass Toughness shield and go directly to health, increasing by the percent of your Toughness missing. So getting hit once by a random mook will do virtually no health damage, while getting hit twice will definitely move the bar since you’d probably be down to 50% Toughness or whatever.

This also means that the baseline value of the Zealot’s 90second cheat death effect is kinda suspect. If it activates and saves you from getting splattered that’s great, but you’ll still be left at 1 HP and will go down the next time you get clipped by any random melee. The talent that allows you to heal through damage when the cheat death activates looks a lot more tempting with that in mind.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Magitek posted:

A developer on the Fatshark forums actually clarified how incoming melee damage works. A minimum of 10% melee damage will bypass Toughness shield and go directly to health, increasing by the percent of your Toughness missing. So getting hit once by a random mook will do virtually no health damage, while getting hit twice will definitely move the bar since you’d probably be down to 50% Toughness or whatever.

This also means that the baseline value of the Zealot’s 90second cheat death effect is kinda suspect. If it activates and saves you from getting splattered that’s great, but you’ll still be left at 1 HP and will go down the next time you get clipped by any random melee. The talent that allows you to heal through damage when the cheat death activates looks a lot more tempting with that in mind.

From experience that’s not how it works. Maybe bugged, trust the dev over me on how it should work, but I’ve done plenty of running around as a 1 HP zealot and not died from hits to full toughness bars.

It feels like you do drop once toughness hits about 50% though.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I switched from Ogryn to Psyker because I saw someone playing with chain lightning and thought it looked cool. It is cool and fun but once I got a voidstrike staff I'm having a hard time wanting to use anything else. Ripping psychic fireballs straight through my team into the heads of an oncoming horde feels good every time.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just lost a grimoire run because a completely silent before detonation poxburster spawned in behind as close to the group as possible and exploded, instantly killing 3 people because of corruption.
:fatshark:

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Did they do something different with specials? I had a couple runs last night, not with increased specials that I'm aware of, where we got an incredible amount of elites/specials. Including back to back plague ogryns with special spawns during it, which I was not aware was possible, I didn't know you could get two plague ogryns or beasts of nurgle in one run

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I think (some) the specials will need to be toned down; we almost lost a run last night because 2 trappers spawned on top of us at the train station and got 3 people before we could even react. At least the hookrats in VT were 'single use', a single trapper can just keep throwing out nets if you don't get them on time.

Mutants are also loving nasty, one of them loving Tokyo Drifted around a column and almost threw me off a ledge. I've been playing Ogryn and I feel I just can't kill them fast enough; a pox explosion threw me over a railing at the fabricator and I ended up 2 floors below my team with a mutant, motherfucker charged me like 4-5 times before I could kill it. :<

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

terrorist ambulance posted:

Did they do something different with specials? I had a couple runs last night, not with increased specials that I'm aware of, where we got an incredible amount of elites/specials. Including back to back plague ogryns with special spawns during it, which I was not aware was possible, I didn't know you could get two plague ogryns or beasts of nurgle in one run

Was it on a malice run or higher? The number of specials increased dramatically starting at malice, like having two ogryns, a rager, and a mauler coming at you all at once.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Edmond Dantes posted:

Mutants are also loving nasty, one of them loving Tokyo Drifted around a column and almost threw me off a ledge. I've been playing Ogryn and I feel I just can't kill them fast enough; a pox explosion threw me over a railing at the fabricator and I ended up 2 floors below my team with a mutant, motherfucker charged me like 4-5 times before I could kill it. :<

If you get stuck in a small room with a mutant as an ogryn youre basically doomed to get charged over and over because they will charge you before you have control back over your character long enough to get off more than one shot or even a dodge. Their charge cooldown is stupid fast, its almost worse to interrupt them mauling someone because at least then theyre a "safe" target to shoot instead of letting them turn around and insta-charge someone else to the other side of teh room

Trappers, if you can see em, are pretty easy to dodge their netting from - a lot easier than assassins in V2

Bombers are my main nemesis. Always just far enough it takes multiple shotgun shots, or outside of charge range, and that fire nade just knockks out all your Toughness if you so much as graze it, and then youre stunlocked by the one lasgun guy you missed.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
I swear to the god-emperor, vet with that lovely braced autogun / automatic lasgun is the new elf with a quickbow. Every time i see a vet with either of those weapons you betcha hes gonna magdump into a horde and be stuck reloading instead of pulling out a melee weapon and getting stuck in.

On higher difficulties (3+) you cant have a ranged weapon that cant reliably and quickly kill specials in favor of a "horde clearing" ranged weapon. Thats what your melee is for!

e: lets not forget that they will constantly steal the ammo from special snipers to feed their magdump tendencies!

BombiTheZombie fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 23, 2022

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Fishstick posted:

Trappers, if you can see em, are pretty easy to dodge their netting from - a lot easier than assassins in V2

This is my main problem, I can never hear them/spot them until I get netted. Flamers and Bombers have super distinct noises you can pick out really easily over a horde, trappers and mutants? Dead silent until they charge/net you. :argh: (I know they have sounds, I just can't make them out mid-combat 99% of the time)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah trappers need a better/louder sound, I think. Everything else is easy to hear if you're paying attention but that fucker sneaks up on us almost every time.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

BombiTheZombie posted:

I swear to the god-emperor, vet with that lovely braced autogun / automatic lasgun is the new elf with a quickbow. Every time i see a vet with either of those weapons you betcha hes gonna magdump into a horde and be stuck reloading instead of pulling out a melee weapon and getting stuck in.

On higher difficulties (3+) you cant have a ranged weapon that cant reliably and quickly kill specials in favor of a "horde clearing" ranged weapon. Thats what your melee is for!

e: lets not forget that they will constantly steal the ammo from special snipers to feed their magdump tendencies!

oh no its like the swiftbow all over again

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
I honestly think difficulty 4 is a bit overtuned. We just had a run where we got two plague ogryns, a beast of nurgle, 30+ ogryns (hammer, gun and shield kind combined), multiple times we would get 5+ specials at once, including 3 disablers all while under a constant barrage of gunfire during a nonstop horde.

Somehow we made it to the end with everyone out of ammo and on their last down. Our reward? 10k dockets for 37 minutes.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

BombiTheZombie posted:

The automatic lasgun is pinpoint accurate with no recoil, so it's a very good special killer when used that way. Agreed on the braced autogun though; that gun is fun on lower difficulties but once you get to 3+ it just doesn't have a good niche anymore. Higher level Zealots/Ogryns should be able to handle basically an unlimited amount of zombies/elites provided they got space to dodge around in, so killing specials and ranged enemies becomes much more important which the braced autogun sucks at.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Perestroika posted:

Was it on a malice run or higher? The number of specials increased dramatically starting at malice, like having two ogryns, a rager, and a mauler coming at you all at once.

Yeah, I tried a level 3 difficulty level last night and while it went fairly well it was surprising how many specials that you get. It was the non-train assassination map and from the part where you drop into the first cavern to when you reach the open pit area (which is like 40 feet) we ran into no less than 12 ping-able specials.

Reminds me of the L4D trailer. "We made it, I can't believe we made it!" "Son, we just crossed the street"

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Edmond Dantes posted:

This is my main problem, I can never hear them/spot them until I get netted. Flamers and Bombers have super distinct noises you can pick out really easily over a horde, trappers and mutants? Dead silent until they charge/net you. :argh: (I know they have sounds, I just can't make them out mid-combat 99% of the time)

Horde coming, mutant spawn, and monster spawn all have distinctive escalating roars but I've been hyper aware as I am trying and failing to get the Abhor the Mutant zealot penance.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Vermintide also started to throw specials at you from champion onwards, it was pretty common to see two of the same specials attack you at once on legendary

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Idk if this is a problem for anyone else, but a lot of times during a mission enemies will just sneak up on me in total silence. They are usually just the zombie enemies, but still it is annoying.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Mutants get incredibly tanky too, on difficulty 4 the mutant needed 3 headpops to die, that's some hefty scaling from 1 on lower difficulties and 2 on difficulty 3.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

How much friendly fire is there in this and does it change with difficulty? I don't feel like teting it live but do grenades/splash damage cause damage to teammates? I've got the Ogryn grenade perk and wondering if it's alright to just explode my team or not.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I have not seen any friendly fire at least on difficulty3, I sometimes hear voice lines trigger if you shoot the ogyn's back a bunch, but no damage dealt, throw those grenades into your teammates.

Maybe playtesters found that friendly fire made things way too annoying.

\/ That sounds about right.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 23, 2022

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

hemale in pain posted:

How much friendly fire is there in this and does it change with difficulty? I don't feel like teting it live but do grenades/splash damage cause damage to teammates? I've got the Ogryn grenade perk and wondering if it's alright to just explode my team or not.

I believe it's nothing from 1 to 3, chip damage on 4, and moderate damage on 5.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Ashtarath posted:

So uhhh. Starting from today my shop has only looked like this. Only ever two weapons, almost always out of my Trust level.
Anyone got a fix?
Because it is even harder trying to get an Evicerator now and it is literally all i want :smith:

Same thing happened to me after the patch. It's a known bug, lumped in with a bunch of other shop bugs on the forums that apparently fixes itself after a few shop refreshes although mine hadn't still last night.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Mutants get incredibly tanky too, on difficulty 4 the mutant needed 3 headpops to die, that's some hefty scaling from 1 on lower difficulties and 2 on difficulty 3.

Do ogryn grenades still pop them in one hit on difficulty 4? That's been my favorite go-to on difficulty 3.

I've not had problems picking out trappers from the audio atmosphere. Usually you hear like metal ratcheting and a lady yelling "gonna bag me a trophy!". It's subtly but it's there

Kind of like the flamers spawn noise sounds like 3 pops of a pilot light kicking on and some giggling. It's subtle but once you notice it, it's hard to miss.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
The other specials have really distinct yells and sounds (pilot light clicking, howling, roaring, beeping etc.) while the trapper mumbles something about selling you back home. The trappers callout is easilly lost in the constant cursing, giggling and mumbling of a horde since it sounds so similar to poxwalkers wailing as they fight.

They could probably do with giving her an electric buzz or something alongside her voicelines.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

BombiTheZombie posted:

The other specials have really distinct yells and sounds (pilot light clicking, howling, roaring, beeping etc.) while the trapper mumbles something about selling you back home. The trappers callout is easilly lost in the constant cursing, giggling and mumbling of a horde since it sounds so similar to poxwalkers wailing as they fight.

They could probably do with giving her an electric buzz or something alongside her voicelines.

Ambient sounds with specials worked pretty well for L4D, although it was a little overtuned in VT where the pack master went SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE.

Having an ambusher that doesn't do much (or really any) damage directly being fairly quiet isn't too bad. The Hunter in L4D growled but only quietly and you would hear it only if it's near. A little buzz would be good as long as it doesn't sound like an electrical substation.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

BombiTheZombie posted:

There's a metal ratcheting click-clacking like those ratcheting tie down straps getting set up. It's about as subtle as the pilot light clicks and distinct enough to pick up in a scrum like the pilot lights.

Edit: ^^^^^bad comparison because l4d also did musical stingers for every special spawned. Even if you couldn't hear the growling you could hear the music.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I have not seen any friendly fire at least on difficulty3, I sometimes hear voice lines trigger if you shoot the ogyn's back a bunch, but no damage dealt, throw those grenades into your teammates.

Maybe playtesters found that friendly fire made things way too annoying.

\/ That sounds about right.

Oh my god I've been super careful not to just shoot recklessly into melee in fear of hitting buddies

CuddleCryptid posted:

Ambient sounds with specials worked pretty well for L4D, although it was a little overtuned in VT where the pack master went SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE.

Having an ambusher that doesn't do much (or really any) damage directly being fairly quiet isn't too bad. The Hunter in L4D growled but only quietly and you would hear it only if it's near. A little buzz would be good as long as it doesn't sound like an electrical substation.

yeah, none of those lads could down multiple people though. If anything trapper should make more noise than the pack master and all the characters should be screaming about them.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 23, 2022

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

There's a metal ratcheting click-clacking like those ratcheting tie down straps getting set up. It's about as subtle as the pilot light clicks and distinct enough to pick up in a scrum like the pilot lights.

Edit: ^^^^^bad comparison because l4d also did musical stingers for every special spawned. Even if you couldn't hear the growling you could hear the music.

And there are sounds like what you mentioned in this game too, it's more of an issue with proximity. Even the bomber which is literally always beeping has issues where you can't tell where it is around you because the distance proximity sounds are messed up. Knowing something spawned is important but knowing that it's within 80 feet of you is also important.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I can identify the pilot light, hound howl and mutie spawn every single time.

I have no idea about the laughing/metal trapper sounds everyone brings up and I miss trappers constantly. Anyone have an audio clip?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

hemale in pain posted:

Oh my god I've been super careful not to just shoot recklessly into melee in fear of hitting buddies

The only thing that does actual FF seem to be hitting barrels. You can pretty much freely dump frag grenades into your melee moshpit on diff 3, idk about 4+

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I finally got my first ogryn stubber yesterday and it is such incredible dumb loud fun. It is just an absolute mid-range sweeper.

Then I also got a rumbler, the single shot grenade launcher, and I cackled like a madman when I seen that the shot bounces off people and tumble through the air for a beat before detonating. It's such a beautiful touch and I love it.

Too bad it doesn't even stumble busters and won't kill them unless they eat the secondary explosion.

Why did I have to play 20 levels of Ogryn without these in my life?

Also - ogryn power maul when? It's in the trailer so I'm hoping it shows up in the next content drop along with the other missing Leaked weapons (melta, long Las, more bigger chain axe (ogryn?), ect)

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 23, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The trapper does seem to need a slight improvement to its audio clue. I know what I'm listening for and it's still much easier to miss than the others. And if you're in the middle of meleeing down a horde, that thing can be nasty. It doesn't take long to go from trapped to dead with a whole horde around you.

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 23, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The ogryn rumbler is really good fun but it does need to stumble bursters to make it great. I've been using the gauntlet again because with the bleed feat you're basically making everything bleed without much thought. The grenades themselves are so-so but do a lot of knockdown which is basically what I want anyway.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Atoramos posted:

I can identify the pilot light, hound howl and mutie spawn every single time.

I have no idea about the laughing/metal trapper sounds everyone brings up and I miss trappers constantly. Anyone have an audio clip?

I'm really, REALLY starting to miss the clanking/jingling sound they made in VT2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I could stand with the Trapper getting a little more distinct, as long as her fantastic lines aren't garbled up; I love how enthusiastic she is about her job of throwing a tiny net on random folks.

I would also be totally down for completely-silent variants too, just to keep players on their toes