Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Countblanc posted:

did they not change the EX when they changed the hard one?

They explicitly did not. When they announced the revamp, they specifically said that it was only going to be the Hard mode, since currently, Mog Hard is the first content that you're 100% required to do with other players (as every other MSQ duty before it can be done with NPC's now)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Doomykins posted:

Character Configuration -> Control Settings -> Battle Effect Settings -> Party [X] Show Limited, Others [X] Show Limited

As somebody who started the game getting constant visual overload and spacing out for split seconds in dungeon combat this will remove most stuff except the most meaningful team work visuals such as healer bubbles to stand in and ninja ground aoes to drag mobs out of to hear them scream.

I also recommend Hud Layout -> Enemy List. Make sure it's somewhere easy to see and click. If you have the enemy pile on you but there's something loose it'll be a green dot instead of a red dot on the list, you can click the name directly and throw a +threat axe at them!

Oh this is all good, thanks.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mog Ex is the best ARR Ex trial because I can go in as a level 90 and obliterate a whole bunch of moogles at once with one AoE. Then they stand up and I can do it again.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

hopeandjoy posted:

Everyone shut up about Godbert being a republican and look at my lizard.

Thank you.
Nice. Is that some hair mod?

Thundarr posted:

Mog Ex is the best ARR Ex trial because I can go in as a level 90 and obliterate a whole bunch of moogles at once with one AoE. Then they stand up and I can do it again.
DRK main spotted

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 23, 2022

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I literally refuse to watch or read a guide for any dungeon, normal trial or raid or alliance raid before I do them for my first time. I've never had any real trouble other than not getting a mechanic or dying a few times while I got the hang of it.

Anything in the MSQ, or just anything that isn't an Extreme/Savage, is meant to be done by randos with minimal to no communication. You'll be fine just jumping in.

Ignore that trials are marked as (Hard), that's just a tag they put on to say it's 8-man at the start. There's never another 'normal' trial again (other than maybe one or two weird outliers I might be forgetting). They eventually stop putting (Hard) in trial names, since they don't have a normal version.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

Oh this is all good, thanks.

Make two macros:
code:
/bfx party off
/bfx other off
and
code:
/bfx party simple
/bfx other simple
and click those when necessary. Replace simple with all for maximum :pcgaming:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dwesa posted:

Nice. Is that some hair mod?

Yeah it’s the hair from this mod.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Oneiros posted:

pvp is just a shitshow (frontlines) or, potentially, a naked jello wrestling match (cc). regular tab targeting and closest target will serve you best there. understanding how targeting actually works (right-to-left vs left-to-right) in conjunction with controlling your camera helps, tho.

I've been running rival wings with the discord for a couple weeks now. The targeting system is a gigantic liability for me and i wish i had a mouse to target specific individuals with. The reason it's such a huge liability is that there are a ton of npcs running around that you can technically heal, so you can target them. No one ever heals them and the ability to target them lingers far too long after they're dead. Try to target that giant missile launching robot? gently caress you no, have this dead and cooling thing you can literally do nothing with

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Tamba posted:

Make two macros:
code:
/bfx party off
/bfx other off
and
code:
/bfx party simple
/bfx other simple
and click those when necessary. Replace simple with all for maximum :pcgaming:

I'm gonna recommend never turning bfx for your party off. Simple/Limited at the minimum, otherwise you won't see ground targeted defensive/healing abilities that your party is using.

Turning them off for other is fine.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I'm gonna recommend never turning bfx for your party off. Simple/Limited at the minimum, otherwise you won't see ground targeted defensive/healing abilities that your party is using.

Turning them off for other is fine.

I generally agree, but there was one mechanic in E12S that was super hard to do even with party effects at simple.
Other than that, I only turn everything off for Hunts / special Fates.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

On the subject of macros, is there a list of icons with the category attached somewhere? I found this, but it just has the icon names and no clues as to what category they belong to.
https://imgur.com/a/Jufo0#yREAN3O

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Putting any bfx setting at anything less than maximum is cowardice

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Black Griffon posted:

On the subject of macros, is there a list of icons with the category attached somewhere? I found this, but it just has the icon names and no clues as to what category they belong to.
https://imgur.com/a/Jufo0#yREAN3O
I cannot help you but I can say that list isn't complete because you can use BLU actions as macro icons too

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
A small heads up to using macro icons: They will place restrictions on a macro that wouldn't otherwise apply. Specifically, they'll be partially* treated as that action even if the macro has nothing to do with activating it. *Being on a different Class/Job won't be an issue, though.

For example, I used to use one of the BRD actions as an icon for toggling BGM on and off, and another for toggling the mounted BGM on and off. Due to that, I couldn't use the macro while I was mounted despite that not being a restriction, which kind of defeated the purpose of the latter one since I primarily use random mounts. Removing the icon lets it work whenever, as long as BGM toggling isn't disabled baseline.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Is Shoha 2 Shohara in the japanese version?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is Shoha 2 Shohara in the japanese version?

Allegedly its Mumyō Shōha

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
https://twitter.com/sz95868047/status/1595274205519806464?t=9-BVqJuN0-7zZnPspIMgWw&s=19

I, Alphinaud Leveilleur, have a dream!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It’s clear to me that the Godbert of the Hildy quests is the true canon Godbert and the guy talking economic policy is an approximation by a less familiar writing team

derra
Dec 29, 2012
I am very envious of the people who get EX Mog where the sprouts listen instead of facerolling and have enough damage so that tank swaps doesn't become a major issue.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
ARR EX's are also easier by virtue of gradual potency buffs throughout the years and multiple class reworks so that the rotation at 50 for many classes is much easier than what it used to be.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Of course Alphy would cosplay as the Jojo with the most bullshit OP Stand.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I haven’t played much at all since beating the 6.0 MSQ. What’s the biggest thing I’ve missed since?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

biceps crimes posted:

I haven’t played much at all since beating the 6.0 MSQ. What’s the biggest thing I’ve missed since?

There are two new tribal questlines that are very good, one of which is more or less an epilogue to the MSQ

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

biceps crimes posted:

The lesbians have feasted in 6.2.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

biceps crimes posted:

Estinien discovers another thing Ysayle was right about

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

biceps crimes posted:

They've added Trust/Duty support to all of ARR and most of HW, they're trying to have all MSQ dungeons playable with NPC allies by 7.0, a bunch of early dungeons got the jank ironed out, Praetorium is a shorter four player dungeon with the Ultima Weapon fight as its own separate trial, new Raid series and Alliance Raid are dope, doubled space in the glamour dresser, they revamped PVP and added a 5v5 mode, more Hildebrand. I think that about covers it?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

biceps crimes posted:

You get your own island to chill on and be a farmer. It's got four mounts and a real cool barding.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Onean posted:

A small heads up to using macro icons: They will place restrictions on a macro that wouldn't otherwise apply. Specifically, they'll be partially* treated as that action even if the macro has nothing to do with activating it. *Being on a different Class/Job won't be an issue, though.

For example, I used to use one of the BRD actions as an icon for toggling BGM on and off, and another for toggling the mounted BGM on and off. Due to that, I couldn't use the macro while I was mounted despite that not being a restriction, which kind of defeated the purpose of the latter one since I primarily use random mounts. Removing the icon lets it work whenever, as long as BGM toggling isn't disabled baseline.

Huh? I've done that for ages, and it works. The icon is greyed out if I'm not a bard and/or mounted, but that's purely visual and pressing the button or the hotkey works fine. I'm on KB+M, is it different on controller maybe?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Qwertycoatl posted:

Huh? I've done that for ages, and it works. The icon is greyed out if I'm not a bard and/or mounted, but that's purely visual and pressing the button or the hotkey works fine. I'm on KB+M, is it different on controller maybe?

It works on controller on PC, at least.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Doomykins posted:

*humming and squinting, thinking critically*

*reaches over and pats the lizard on the head*

A good lizard. :hai:

this post sucks so fuckin much lmao

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Maybe it was temporarily broken when I tried it then, but it definitely didn't work when it was greyed out for me on KB+M. I remember quite a few instances of it not toggling the mounted BGM. I haven't tried again since then, though, so you're probably right.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Trash Ops posted:

this post sucks so fuckin much lmao

As the person it was directed towards:

Uhh. How?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Well my response was pretty cringe, presumably.

Doing PLD 60-70 put me back in a good mood for the class so I went for a new glam. There sure are a lot of cool animations that get clipped by weaving in off-GCDs like the sword toss and catch in the back half of Divine Veil.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

hopeandjoy posted:

As the person it was directed towards:

Uhh. How?

It is, as the kids say, cringe.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Cringe is good, you're all just cowards.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I wouldn't call a post containing roleplaying touching someone without their permission in an infantilizing manner as "cringe" so much as "simulated assault"

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I mean I saw it more as I was offering my pet lizard and someone patted my pet lizard. She’s just a cute set of polygons. As the actual owner of said set of polygons, I will say I found that post complimentary.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Potsticker posted:

I wouldn't call a post containing roleplaying touching someone without their permission in an infantilizing manner as "cringe" so much as "simulated assault"

it is cringe but like, come on

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

next time someone walks up and pats my lalafell on the head im shouting "simulated assault!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Potsticker posted:

This post is cringe.