Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Kalko posted:

So many firebirds. These are obviously Enrage Warrior cards but I have no idea how to evaluate them.
no

Okay to be fair blazing might work in the enrage decks Dane was playing but the rest is dogshit

E: to be even fairer light might work its way into decks too because it's sorta kinda arcane intellect

peer posted:

loling at (Revives 2 times.)

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Tin Tim posted:

no

Okay to be fair blazing might work in the enrage decks Dane was playing but the rest is dogshit

E: to be even fairer light might work its way into decks too because it's sorta kinda arcane intellect

Light of the Phoenix is genuinely really good - it's not just 'sorta arcane intellect', it's much better.

Sunfire smithing IS a lot of damage in one spell.

The others are... meh.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I think that if it were any other meta, a charge control warrior could run a lot of that fire package and do alright. As it stands, DK will be 30% of the field for the first month and all them will have or be able to discover Patchwork to ruin your life.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Enrage Warrior's a tempo deck. If you're playing that deck and someone wrecks you with a seven mana Rotnest Drake, you were going to lose anyway. I think the Fire package is meant for Enrage, not combo or control.

bravesword fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 21, 2022

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
A tempo deck can’t play a 4 mana draw two. The 4 mana legendary is also a control/value tool.

e: Control/tempo/etc can use the same cards anyway, I just think the fire package is way too slow for enrage warrior and the existing fire card is already good for control (and works well with the 4/2 weapon spell).

Firebert fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 21, 2022

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/ben_heathstone/status/1594783477395853313

lol so that's how no minion demon hunter would work, you lose a ton of consistency cutting the discover minions though

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Firebert posted:

https://twitter.com/ben_heathstone/status/1594783477395853313

lol so that's how no minion demon hunter would work, you lose a ton of consistency cutting the discover minions though

A touch hamfisted, but there was no way this was gonna work without allowing Jace/etc. into these decks, but I like the look so far

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
With the landmark in Warrior if you aren't able to get a couple minions damaged you're probably losing that game anyway.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I love the idea of Souleater's Scythe to enable spell DH. What are the 2 other minions you run besides Jace? Also, do I understand it right that you could use these discovers to get like 3 Jace if you wanted?

Maybe you'd want Xymox since Relics are so good, but the infuse requirement is probably awkward. Lady S'theno for burst? Mel'tranix for disruption? Glaiveshark for Aoe?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Oenis posted:

I love the idea of Souleater's Scythe to enable spell DH. What are the 2 other minions you run besides Jace? Also, do I understand it right that you could use these discovers to get like 3 Jace if you wanted?

Maybe you'd want Xymox since Relics are so good, but the infuse requirement is probably awkward. Lady S'theno for burst? Mel'tranix for disruption? Glaiveshark for Aoe?

No, once you discover a card it is removed from the pool, so your second discover will only have two options to choose from. S'theno, Xymox and the colossal are good options in addition to Jayce. The infuse part for Xymox isn't too big a problem as there are a lot of spells that generate minions in DH.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'll probably play that deck alongside DK stuff

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That's a smart solution without having to reprint Zul'Jin in DH to replace Jace. I loved Spell Hunter so I'm probably going to end up trying this deck fairly early into the expansion.

I feel like S'Theno is the best option for number two of what's currently available. Number three depends, have they shown the other DH legendary yet?

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 21, 2022

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Firebert posted:

A tempo deck can’t play a 4 mana draw two. The 4 mana legendary is also a control/value tool.

e: Control/tempo/etc can use the same cards anyway, I just think the fire package is way too slow for enrage warrior and the existing fire card is already good for control (and works well with the 4/2 weapon spell).

It's not going to be 4 mana draw 2 in an Enrage deck - it's going to be 0-1 mana.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

DH cards for people who don't want to click the Twitter link, plus a Rogue card which will appear in every deck for the next two years.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Oenis posted:

No, once you discover one of the stored minions it is removed from the pool. It triples your chances of drawing the minion you want the most, but it's still only one copy of it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Patrick Spens posted:

No, once you discover one of the stored minions it is removed from the pool. It triples your chances of drawing the minion you want the most, but it's still only one copy of it.

Which, for legendaries, is pretty nutty. Triple chance yes, but also draw them in the order you want, or for the game situation. It now makes sense why each discover costs 1 mana.

The base package looks like Stheno, Jace, and Xymox, but I think Xymox will be cut for something more streamlined (others think Stheno will be cut first).

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

The base package looks like Stheno, Jace, and Xymox, but I think Xymox will be cut for something more streamlined (others think Stheno will be cut first).

The minions will be Jace, Denathrius and a third minion, probably whatever the most busted neutral from the set is

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

This definitely doesn't fit into the kind of Rogue deck I play.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So I can't claim the level 100 season hero portrait reward?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

kater posted:

So I can't claim the level 100 season hero portrait reward?

It's a bug. You'll be able to claim it once the next patch drops and everything from the previous reward track is autoclaimed.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Rez Priest is the most obnoxious poo poo in the most obnoxious class in the game. I hope it sucks and all the exhaustion Priest archetypes continue to suck as long as they keep designing them like this.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
This is not exactly the same take on Rez Priest as has been tried in the past, though. It’s not really the same as bringing back endless Obsidian Statues or Neptulons. It looks more like a reload/value tool in a tempo deck.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Fair point. My vitriol was more anticipating durdly-priest.dec with stuff like this:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Rez Priest rules

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Current rez priest is like the mirror image of naga priest, its win rate is umimpressive but it feels awful to play against

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

what exactly does "after your last turn" mean? "if a friendly undead died during your opponent's previous turn or your current turn"?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Basically anything after you click the end turn button. So your own turn counts.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Both, if you opponent kills a minion, or you attack the minion into something to kill it and then the card on the same turn satisfy the condional.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

the two priest undeads that do anything after being rezzed are fairly reasonable and seem fun to make a deck around.

oh they also added undead to shadowed spirit. even more funner.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I like this sort of stuff. Probably won't be good, but I like it.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

presumably it'll be better next expansion when the rotation shrinks the pool

like Big Spell Mage was at its peak in Voyage

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

That's just deck of lunacy right? They only rotated that out this year...

avantgardener fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 23, 2022

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

GTO posted:

That's just deck of lunacy right? The only rotated that out this year...

It only affects your hand.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Ah yes, missed that part!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
why is Mage getting a Thief Rogue card

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Aw yeah, I loved Shudderwock, I loved Zul'jin, I loved Tess, I'm going to be all over this one. Is this card going to break wild when someone figures out a way to consistently generate a copy Echo of Medivh/Potion of Illusion? I hope so.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Oenis posted:

Aw yeah, I loved Shudderwock, I loved Zul'jin, I loved Tess, I'm going to be all over this one. Is this card going to break wild when someone figures out a way to consistently generate a copy Echo of Medivh/Potion of Illusion? I hope so.

It works with Sivara, so that’s definitely the easy way. It’s probably too slow for Wild though.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Julio Cruz posted:

why is Mage getting a Thief Rogue card

^This

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Random mage spells replayed sounds like a great way to blow up your own face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I wonder if a Mage card that did something along the lines of (very loosely worded here) "Cast X mana worth of spells targeting your hero, then deal double that damage to the enemy hero." would be fun/funny