Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Didn't he just buy the Coventry stadium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

TheRat posted:

Didn't he just buy the Coventry stadium

Even better. Gives them somewhere to play when that rundown heap of junk Old Trafford finally collapses.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
elon musk please buy manchester united

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

mila kunis posted:

This is violence

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mila kunis posted:

He'd manage to get them relegated to the National League within 5 years. Or kicked out of the pyramid entirely.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Everyone talks about what an honour it is to play for man united and yet man united pay people to play for them. Introduce man united premium and charge people to play, cutting the wage bill and increasing revenue in a single move. I am very smart

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

Everyone talks about what an honour it is to play for man united and yet man united pay people to play for them. Introduce man united premium and charge people to play, cutting the wage bill and increasing revenue in a single move. I am very smart

For $8/month you too can be a Manchester United player

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

For $8/month you too can be a Manchester United player

I see you've been researching the Manchester United Supporters Trust scam.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mila kunis posted:

it’s canon that he’s going to buy sheffield wednesday so he can do the my dudes meme

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Shrapnig posted:

I see you've been researching the Manchester United Supporters Trust scam.

Manchester
United
Supporters
Klub

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

boery boery man united

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Watch it be the loving Qataris in an effort to one up the Saudis

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Watch it be the loving Qataris in an effort to one up the Saudis

Would they have to sell PSG first?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Jim Ratcliffe has previously offered to buy United so imagine it'll be him

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

Would they have to sell PSG first?

Guess what they've recently started looking into...

e: also I'm actually not sure, Abu Dhabi have a bunch of clubs but I am not sure what's allowed around clubs owned inside say UEFA

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Jim Ratcliffe has previously offered to buy United so imagine it'll be him

Rumblings have it the glazers are asking for like £8-9b, I think that's a bit rich for him.

ugh

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

Rumblings have it the glazers are asking for like £8-9b, I think that's a bit rich for him.

ugh

I read £5bn/$6bn, presumably this includes the debt

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

e: also I'm actually not sure, Abu Dhabi have a bunch of clubs but I am not sure what's allowed around clubs owned inside say UEFA

City own Palermo

Watford's owners also own Udinese

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I read £5bn/$6bn, presumably this includes the debt

Ducker was suggesting up to 8-9 earlier, https://twitter.com/TelegraphDucker/status/1595311081492451328

quote:

There have been estimates in recent months that the Glazers - whose ownership has seen gradual decline on the pitch and triggered mass protests by fans - could seek as much as £8 billion or £9 billion for United but sources would only say: “This is a club that has enormous potential”.

That seems completely unachievable though, considering 1) chelsea went for like 2.5 and 2) man utd needs like half a bil to a bil worth of infrastructure investment.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

"enormous potential" is what estate agents say about a run down shell of a building they're trying to flog so checks out

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

TheRat posted:

Ducker was suggesting up to 8-9 earlier, https://twitter.com/TelegraphDucker/status/1595311081492451328

That seems completely unachievable though, considering 1) chelsea went for like 2.5 and 2) man utd needs like half a bil to a bil worth of infrastructure investment.

Chelsea was more like 4bn wasn't it?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

I heard some rumblings about that. It would be pretty funny if they hosed off as soon as the World Cup was over and left the club high and dry.

tarbrush posted:

I think that includes money he was planning on spending on the club after the takeover.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12620985/chelsea-takeover-todd-boehly-completes-4-25bn-takeover-as-roman-abramovich-era-ends

quote:

It is reported the new owners plan to invest £1.75bn into the club, placing the overall takeover value at £4.25bn.

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 23, 2022

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

tarbrush posted:

dollars and included the debt I think?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Ahhhhh, I see.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Fire all management, sell entire first team, have the u19 players come in for a 9 hour meeting starting at 5pm on a friday to audition for their jobs by doing keepy uppies then have them crowdsource the tactics

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

jettisonedstuff posted:

then have them crowdsource the tactics

I think there was a supporters owned club way down the pyramid (maybe Scotland, I can't remember) that actually did some of this.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

I think there was a supporters owned club way down the pyramid (maybe Scotland, I can't remember) that actually did some of this.

Yeah Ebbsfleet, they are now owned by Kuwaiti investors lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Well egg on my face :eyepop:

https://twitter.com/TelegraphDucker/status/1595476994250412032?s=20&t=Vs_3vAZ29a9Am5RDIHR9Fg

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

How’s he gonna move Carrington to the continent?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

TheRat posted:

This is behind a paywall. What do they mean by "spiking" the LFC bid process?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eric Cantonese posted:

This is behind a paywall. What do they mean by "spiking" the LFC bid process?

I'm assuming Man U is more desirable to own than Liverpool

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm assuming Man U is more desirable to own than Liverpool

Yea, pretty much, though there's not really any detail

quote:

Although the news comes barely a fortnight since it emerged that Fenway Sports Group, fellow architects in the failed European Super League plot last year, were looking to offload Liverpool, the Glazers have been looking into a sale of United for months. “I would say this goes back to the summer,” one source said, adding that news of United’s availability could put a “spike” in the Liverpool process.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Eric Cantonese posted:

This is behind a paywall.

https://archive.ph/2022.11.23-07022...-chelsea-raine/

ozmunkeh fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 23, 2022

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

I was afraid that was the case. Man-U's sexy and I don't know if their internal infrastructure woes (and the depth of them) are well-known enough to people with the necessary money.

Having FSG struggling to stay fully committed and obviously wanting out is going to be painful to watch, especially when the team pretty much needs a whole new midfield next season. Hopefully some other investment can come in soon.

I hate the Glazers. They used to be cool but now they're not.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

A one-legged Arthur Melo and the ghost of Oxlade Chamberlain counts as a new midfield when you think about it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Out pops a smiling Naby Keïta

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

TheRat posted:

Out pops a smiling Naby Keïta

As he goes on a free to another club.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

The most frustrating transfer.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

is expanding Anfield an actual thing that's in process and has funding, or was it just a model someone made so that they could point at various people's houses as the future home of the New Balance Bill Shankly Museum?

that feels like the most obvious stumbling block for attracting someone who isn't currently on the run for doing financial crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

is expanding Anfield an actual thing that's in process and has funding, or was it just a model someone made so that they could point at various people's houses as the future home of the New Balance Bill Shankly Museum?

that feels like the most obvious stumbling block for attracting someone who isn't currently on the run for doing financial crimes

The Anfield Road Stand is in the process of being expanded and renovated. It’s supposed to be ready by the 2023/2024 season.

The Main Stand was renovated and expanded back in 2016. After the Anfield Road revamp is finished, capacity will be a little bit more than 61,000. After that, I think Anfield will be as big as it’s ever going to get.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 23, 2022