Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

He's back!

Stevie Me was finally given the boot from Villa to the sound of tsks and head shaking from the same pundits that said ten Hag was fighting for his job after 2 games and Villa have opted for Unai Emery!

Arsenal remain top by two points thanks to Liverpool trying for 90 minutes against an otherwise dreary backdrop of 3 points from teams such as Fulham, Everton, Leeds, Forest and West Ham, and Saudcastle United broke into the top four with Spurs the obvious out of form team looking likely to be the next to drop out on current form.

Leicester remain in the relegation places despite recent improvement in form, still tight in the bottom half though with just 6 points between 11th and 20th.

Unfortunately there's only two more rounds of matches this month because of a loving World Cup smack in the middle of the season, with the Premier League returning on Boxing Day, December 26th

Also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The ebenings are drawing in, perfect football weather

Which team is going to be the most hosed by the world cup. On the surface it looks like Liverpool could do quite nicely out of their top players having a rest while half of city's squad sans haaland are going

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I think you'll find that Arsenal remain top by two points thanks to themselves. Because they won their games, OP.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I look forward to getting to watch a World Cup instead of watching Liverpool get beat up every weekend

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Which team is going to be the most hosed by the world cup. On the surface it looks like Liverpool could do quite nicely out of their top players having a rest while half of city's squad sans haaland are going

We could be in trouble since our entire midfield and back line will be on international duty, Varane could still play and get injured again in time for his return. Not worried about Rashford or Sancho since Southgate is a big boring idiot that will take 3 forwards plus Kane and then 10 right backs plus CDMs

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Bamford will inexplicably get a call up and get a DVT on the flight over. Adams, Aaronson, llorente, Koch(?), Kristensen, and then Rodrigo, struijk and meslier as possibles. Turns out Leeds are the most hosed team

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

football

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

soccer

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Arsenal aren't only going to win the league... I reckon they have a shot at winning the world cup too.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I am starting to believe that Arsenal might just win the league.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Newcastle will win the league on the back of 42.0 league goals by Miguel “Al” Miron

Shroud
May 11, 2009
I believe Arsenal will win, soleley based on their league-leading PoSAPM stat. Call me, Opta :phone:. Posts on SA per Match

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shroud posted:

I believe Arsenal will win, soleley based on their league-leading PoSAPM stat. Call me, Opta :phone:. Posts on SA per Match

xP/90

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Real talk, I think the big thing with Arsenal will be how they cope with the big matches obviously... but in particular City. If they can draw/win both or either game against City then that's where you really see them winning the whole thing.

Tactically it's going to be very interesting in those games, particular away at the Etihad. Will Arteta set Arsenal up to counter attack City, playing the complete opposite way they have all season? Will it work? WHO KNOWS!

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
We still need to get past Chelsea. 3 points there and we're *probably* top for Christmas, which is always a good marker. I felt a lot more comfortable while we had that 4 point gap. But honestly... I'd have bit your hand off for second in August. A return to Champions League football is the big goal. The title would be a very very very nice suprise bonus.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
:siren:World cup preparation/feedback for your posts about bringing back the sexy girls thread:siren:

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
I reckon arsenal will be second by the World Cup then finish third after injuries and fatigue pile up like last season. It’s one of if not the youngest team in the Prem and they never last the season.

Getting strong early Poch Spurs vibes from this squad tbh.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Vinestalk posted:

I think you'll find that Arsenal remain top by two points thanks to themselves. Because they won their games, OP.

Maybe if other teams had won more games they would be better

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
We all know city are winning the league let's speculate on where Newcastle will finish instead

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Newcastle will be in the Europa League

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

the sex ghost posted:

Liverpool are getting wound up, dunno if you saw the tweet about it:

https://twitter.com/stevenKloppLFC2/status/1587486611872301058?t=PBOCHS0D7OOVGJcDswNVzQ&s=19

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Been saying this

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Jurgen Klopp, he just can't stop 🎵

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Makes sense that he got rid of the glasses so they wouldn't get all smudged.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
Klopp has a taste for player analysis

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Jose posted:

We all know city are winning the league let's speculate on where Newcastle will finish instead

What's the deal with St. Maximum? Is he injured? They've done great without him and that guy seemed to carry them last year.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
yeah he's had hamstring problems all season

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mr. Mambold posted:

What's the deal with St. Maximum? Is he injured? They've done great without him and that guy seemed to carry them last year.

Newcastle are a much better team when they aren't totally reliant on him for creativity.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

I reckon arsenal will be second by the World Cup then finish third after injuries and fatigue pile up like last season. It’s one of if not the youngest team in the Prem and they never last the season.

something utterly absurd will happen to ruin their season and then everyone at Arsenal will wave their stupid little fists at the sky and finish fourth, it is the way of all things

in completely unrelated news, apparently Barcelona are busy drawing Arteta's face on a brain holding hands with a blaugrana heart because Xavi didn't win the CL

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

in completely unrelated news, apparently Barcelona are busy drawing Arteta's face on a brain holding hands with a blaugrana heart because Xavi didn't win the CL

Xavi barely won in the Champions League tbf.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

FullLeatherJacket posted:

something utterly absurd will happen to ruin their season and then everyone at Arsenal will wave their stupid little fists at the sky and finish fourth, it is the way of all things

We’d all be extremely happy with this tbh

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

blue footed boobie posted:

We’d all be extremely happy with this tbh

I think I will be a bit disappointed with anything less than 2nd at this point tbh.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
hosed him up

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2022/november/son-to-undergo-surgery/

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

T Bowl posted:

I think I will be a bit disappointed with anything less than 2nd at this point tbh.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fortunately 5 is more than 2

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

T Bowl posted:

I hate to break this to you, but arsenal with go through at least one injury crisis and one spectacular collapse before this season is done and if they’re 4th after that crisis and collapse that will be A Good Thing.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

I hate to break this to you, but arsenal with go through at least one injury crisis and one spectacular collapse before this season is done and if they’re 4th after that crisis and collapse that will be A Good Thing.

I don't believe you're an Arsenal fan.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

And we'll be a bit disappointed when that happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Genuinely hoping he can still go the WC, would be absolutely gutted for him and SK if not.