Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

This man is going to bring back every advertiser Nazi by the week's end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Jesus Christ lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

You do what you want, Elon. You're a big boy now :allears:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

elon my brother in christ what are you doing

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011

This gave me the unholy urge to make this

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Good of Elon to include an image of some mean skeletons so us "normies" can understand the joke, too

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Ornedan posted:

A fellow who contributed to making it so resilient wrote a bit about what they did: https://matthewtejo.substack.com/p/why-twitter-didnt-go-down-from-a

Basically Twitter has automated self-recovery to the point that Musk could order a second data center to be shut down and it'd still muddle along with reduced capacity. It'll only die if/when they start making breaking changes to the deployed code.

It's kinda frustrating because it just reinforces to all these shitheads that yOu DiDn'T nEeD aLl ThOsE oVeRpAiD cOdDlEd LeFtY eNgInEeRs, SeE iT wOrKs FiNe

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Can't blame Elon for nazis on the platform if there was a poll!

Advertisers come back, there was a poll!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Bionic Psyker posted:

He tweeted Dune, which is close enough for warhammer nerds. If Elon were tweeting warhammer it would be the same dumb one liners that get repeated ad neaseum, something like Magnus did nothing wrong or This tweet right here, inquisitor :elon:

I sense HERESY!

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
direct dumbocracy

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

that “intern” guy putting out an open call to do his work for him is exactly the kind of poo poo tier senior dev that floated upwards early and got comfy doing jack poo poo that of course elon would mistake for actual talent. the fact he thinks this is a 1 liner javascript change you can make without seeing the source shows he has no idea what he’s gotten into.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lowtax is gonna get unbanned

if he doesn't it means elon is reading all this poo poo like a fuckin goober

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Most of the stuff that right wingers got banned off the site for were illegal to start with?

You have to be posting either some incredibly heinous poo poo or direct, actionable threats for that to happen.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

SirPhoebos posted:

I would monitor for now, but wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

If he starts acting like Abaddon is a serious antagonist I'd start getting worried.

If he says that he liked War of the Beast, :sever:

Abbadon and Chaos are the good guys.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

A billionaire doesn't know or care that the results of this loving poll won't indicate what twitter users really want but rather how many nazis the platform already has lmao

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Those of you who have deleted your twitter, "yes" is winning 75% to 25% right now

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

kazil posted:

Those of you who have deleted your twitter, "yes" is winning 75% to 25% right now

As the owner of multiple banned lefty shitpost accounts, I look forward to harassing Neera Tanden and Sally Albright once again

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Has anyone asked him about Alex Jones again (though it would be kinda funny if he unbanned everybody apart from Jones).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Stoatbringer posted:

Has anyone asked him about Alex Jones again (though it would be kinda funny if he unbanned everybody apart from Jones).

Well he was found guilty, guilty people aren't allowed on twitter

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I am having shitposting withdrawl, but I had to nuke my account. The road he's pushing it down is dark and crazy and it's going to end up being Stormfront meets Parlor with nutters ready to cause violence.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Philthy posted:

I am having shitposting withdrawl, but I had to nuke my account. The road he's pushing it down is dark and crazy and it's going to end up being Stormfront meets Parlor with nutters ready to cause violence.

yea same, hopefully either everyone else i followed move over to mastadon or coalesce somewhere else

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

twitter death accelerationism is good, so yes please unban people

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

ben shapino posted:

elon my brother in christ what are you doing

Destroying a major media platform in record time.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

It all makes sense now. He wants to be Dril so loving bad.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Castor Poe posted:

never a poster
never a dril
nazi, mediocre
negated trill

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mozi posted:

yea same, hopefully either everyone else i followed move over to mastadon or coalesce somewhere else
mastodon seems like it’d be good for people like that gun club in Texas guarding LGBTQ spaces.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

RIP skeleton war memes
2013-2022
Retweeted by Elon Musk

Mozi posted:

We have a good forum at home!

(it’s Something Awful)

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Does this mean @lowtax is getting unbanned?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

RIP skeleton war memes
2013-2022
Retweeted by Elon Musk

He just renamed them the skeleton crew.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

elon musk trying to weasel out of buying twitter: this website has a bot problem

elon musk trying to weasel into platforming fascism: this website has a bot solution

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

RIP skeleton war memes
2013-2022
Retweeted by Elon Musk

We have a good forum at home!

(it’s Something Awful)

yeah but like 90% of news updates here are posted in the form of twitter links so hopefully those people also go somewhere else than can also be embedded here

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!

Castor Poe posted:

His whole thing is him wanting to be considered funny. He surrounds himself with comedians because he wants to be like them. He also really wants Nathan Fielder to be his friend, and is chasing his approval.
It will never happen though, because he isn't funny, and is really socially awkward.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i hope musk reaches a new low(high point in during his manic phase??) point on turkey day tomorrow.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 23, 2022

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Elon does this a lot lol. Back when I was writing for Hard Drive we got into poo poo with him because he kept screenshotting articles and then removing the logo+author name to pass it off as a meme he made. When our editor-in-chief called him out he claimed that the jokes actually sucked and if we didn't want them stolen they shouldn't resemble memes. His response might actually be the closest I've ever seen to a funny Elon tweet

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1531319938195021824?s=20&t=2PffFRYjeBMogzkuDdMxNQ

Edit: he also deleted the infringing tweet because he's a pussy

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

javi posted:

His whole thing is him wanting to be considered funny. He surrounds himself with comedians because he wants to be like them. He also really wants Nathan Fielder to be his friend, and is chasing his approval.
It will never happen though, because he isn't funny, and is really socially awkward.

oh my god. Elon is the nerd Brenden Schaub.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nessus posted:

a relatively simple tool could allow someone to train several accounts to put a certain memorable image in every single thing Elon Musk says, for instance

I am a relatively simple tool, and I'll allow it.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Sure does seem like the turds are floating to the top of the twitter feed best abandon now

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but it literally takes a tiny bit more effort and time to crop and de credit things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

javi posted:

if only Elon rehearsed buying twitter for 44 billion...